“Worst hotel EVER!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“Worst hotel EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I have been to many hotels, motels, hostels and aparts and this so called "hotel" is the by far the worst I have ever been to. The food is worse then crap, there is no hot water, no internet, no telephones and no personnel. If there is any personnel I would say they have the worst job in the world because that's what is written on their face. I was poisoned by the food and water. The pool is filthy and the drinks are probably the worst nock offs ever. They don't even have decent beer or water. All of the good reviews about this hotel are probably, actually definitely FAKE! Because they rant and rave about how good everything is and yet everyone I met there didn't have one good thing to say about it.
If you have any sense what so ever, I recommend you go sleep on a bunk some where rather than stay at this dump!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
12 Thank ZeeeKaay

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

Well where do I begin...I have had some nightmare trips in my travels around the world so that you have to just sit and laugh to get through them. However this time it was different it wasn't a mistake or a idiosyncrasy of the local culture it was plain and simple bad bad management and an attempt to rip people off, I am from London but living mainly in Ukraine and Russia so I travel a lot to Turkey and I normally stay at the fantastic Calista (the best hotel in Turkey) however this time it was full so my travel agent in Kiev said look go to the Attaleia Shine Luxury Hotel, I said ok as she has been sending me to great places for 10 years or so. Well now the nightmare begins I got there and the first thing I was met with was nothing and by this I mean no staff to taken bags or greet you as per the norm I thought well ok I will go to reception at reception no one spoke any English, I speak Russian so it is ok for me but if no Russian you are stuffed! The staff on exception messed around for about 15 minutes saying to each other in Russian this idiot is English and he expects us to understand him etc imagine the look on there faces when I began to speak Russian to them well once I spoke to them just scurried around and disappeared out the back and out came a "Manager" who informed sorry you can't have a room I asked why, what do you mean she simply said well you can have a room but there I'd no towels and no linen so make your choice! I said well where will I sleep? She it is not my problem well who's problem is it then she said well you need to stay here so it is yours(And I am not joking) I thought look try to be positive you are here for a week, so I said well ok when will I have a room I can sleep in she if I knew this I would have old you before! I again tried to be positive and chatted here up a little to the point where she said ok come back at 2 it is not 8 in the morning I said ok it is a long wait but can you be sure it will be sorted by then she said I am telling you 2 because it will be earlier. So I went to the bar, well 8am but after this I needed a drink. I approached the bar a guy was working there I asked for a beer I replied in Russian (Pivo Tam) which means beer is there he was pointing to a pump and meant go and get it yourself well this was a bit too much so I spoke to him and explained why he should get me a drink he got the message and got me one. I took and went to sit down but the place was so FILTHY and I mean FILTHY I could not even put my iPad down on a table so I started to look around to find a place suitable only to find some tables simply covered with napkins to cover the FILTH as apposed to cleaning them.At this point I started to look around and noticed that the place was not finished meaning there were electricity cables hanging all over the walls and ceilings that had simply been wrapped in red material to cover up the fact they had not been finished then I started to look deeper and it became clear why, the reason being that the whole interior of the place was only at second stage of construction meaning the walls had been plastered and prepared for being finished off but the cash had run out so they thought well let's sell rooms anyway! I went outside which was FILTHY and unkept and looked at the building which again was simply unfinished not plastered damp patches everywhere broken balconies etc etc and then I realized this was the building I used to look at from Calista and say to my wife it looks like the builders have gone bust what a shame and it looks like the construction workers are sleeping there now I realize it was guests! I kid you not!! So now it gets to 2 in the afternoon and I found the Manager she simply it is not ready I said ok but you promised! she replied look I am not interested it will be ready before 2 tomorrow and that is that at this point I started to be less than patient let's say and following the tirade I called my agent and said either get me on a flight or book me in another place now! When the manager heard this she said I will upgrade you to a superior room with a jacuzzi on the balcony I said show me the room she took me to the room and I walked in to this FILTHY DIVE I just smiled to my self, I went on the balcony and I kid you not above the jacuzzi the ceiling was caving in and the Jacuzzi was covered with brick dust....you get the picture from bad to worse. Bottom line I left the place and paid $150 for a taxi to a fantastic hotel in Kemer called Vogue Hotel, however just before I left I witnessed a guy trying to check in also to be met with the same situation and he had just arrived from China so he was pretty tired. however he wanted to pay for his room only to be told we don't accept credit cards and we have no ATM so go to Belek about 45 minutes away and get some cash or you can't check in he didn't have much choice however he asked for the code for wireless Internet so he could check his card balance, the manager just smiled and we don't have Internet here! If you have read this far please trust me DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE it will ruin your holiday time and cost you in cash and stress! I could keep going on and on.....

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
14 Thank JackLondon35

Travellers are raving about these Belek hotels

Llanelli, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Do not be fooled by their promise of Super Deluxe Ultra All Inclusive We have never reviewed any hotel as we feel everyone likes somthing different and you have to have a little give and take, but this is something we just had to do. My husband and I have visited many regions of Turkey over the last 20+ years and have always enjoyed the company of other nationalities, our hotels have ranged from 3*B+B to 5* A/I but without doubt this is the worst hotel we have ever had the missfortune to arrive at. There is No Service at this hotel. We read their web site before booking and I can state that we saw nothing that was on offer.Cinema?Wine room?
A/I it certainly is not, our fridge was empty all week, we were given water for our room on the last 2 days of our holiday. Housekeeping kept putting our used towels back, we had the same towels all week, I had to wash them and put them out on the balcony to dry The small bottles of shampoo/body wash did not get refilled we had to go out to buy toiletries. Towels for the beach/ pool were hard to come by you might get one in the afternoon but you will have to keep it for the next day. We had NO entertainment and there is NO Animation team. The pier is in poor state and the bar on the pier is closed, the beach bar was open for 2 days but only for a few hours with a limited service. The sun loungers in the pool were green with algae as were part of the pool walls. The fountains at the pool were on for 2 afternoons only.
., Food,not a great choice, and when the serving dish was empty it usually remained that way-but some dishes were replenished. The hot food was luke warm as was the water with your meal.
It is self service at this hotel, the waiters did not serve you they cleared the tables the left food
scraped on to plates in the middle of the dining room while you were eating. All coffee was dispensed out of a small machine and it all tasted the same. The drinks Tea, Coffee, Beer even
the Wine was warm, my husband asked for a chilled wine and they offeredto put ice in the glass.
Food at the pool bar was left uncoverd from the afternoon untill early evening. Children are not catered for at this hotel there is nothing to entertain them, you can not even have an icecream.
We asked at the front desk for information on excursions and were told to phone your rep,we
did not have a rep as we had booked with Travel Republic. We also asked to change money
but they could not change Sterling only Dollars ??? We did try to speak to the Manager for a little help but he shrugged his sholders and turned away, we were shocked by his response
and the lack of interesthe showed in us.
There is no guidance at this hotel, it looks as if the staff training is poor, the very small amount of staff work all hours and there is very little sign of hospitality. I could go on and on but I hope our true account of our stay at this hotel will deter you from wasting your money.
We feel cheated out of our holiday. We do not want a response from the Manager we would
prefer his effort went into his hotel. We would like to say we have read the other reviews on this hotel and are at a loss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S& J llan/Wales

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank john j
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

A group of 11 of us stayed for 7days golfing from the 2 to the 9th of May to celebrate a special birthday, We were looked after superbly by Yurdal and all his staff, nothing was too much trouble. The food,rooms and facilities was excellent. We played our golf at the neighbouring Sueno Golf Hotel and all our transfers were dealt with promptly.
I would have no hesitatiion in recommending the Hotel to anyone.
Once again many thanks to Yurdal and all his staff, hope to stay with you again.
Please pass these comments to all your staff.
All the best from the Welsh Golfers. Iechyd Da!!!! (hefeds@tiscali.co.uk)

• Stayed May 2011
Winchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Service practically non-existent. Housekeeping for rooms poor. No customer service at all. Will never stay at the hotel ever again. Quality of food and drink dreadful. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless it had a total refurbish of furnishings etc and staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank jlhgrandchildren
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

Eleven if us stayed here for over a week on a golfing break-we were transferred here becsuse of an overbooking. I can only say that we were extremely pleased with this apparent upgrade. The Assistant Manager went out of his way to make our stay a good one and the staff were superb despite some problems with the language barrier.

• Stayed May 2011