“Fantastic family hotel, hardly any English though”
Review of Vera Verde Resort

Vera Verde Resort
Ranked #65 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stayed here in Aug 2011 and had a lovely holiday, it was just my husband, myself and our son who is 6 months old, we kept to ourselves mainly because everyone is german or Russian and we don't speak either, some of the staff speak English and we got by but only because we didn't really need anything. The food selection is fab, unless ur a fussy eater like me, but my husband and son loved all the food. I was worried about what to feed my son so I bought stuff with me but there is no need as they have microwaves and food blenders to use! The hotel was so clean and the staff really friendly, our room was cleaned everyday.
The location is a bit in the middle of nowhere but we got a taxi to Belek town which isn't far, and there is a shuttle bus every 10mins to the beach! I would recommend this hotel and definitely think it's value for money, the only reason I wouldn't recommend it is if you want to be around other Brits! Hope it helps

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank sarbulbeck
There are newer reviews for Vera Verde Resort

Reviewed 10 June 2011

You always read bad reviews so I thought it would helpful to give you our comments. This hotel, now known as Innova Hotel, based in a quiet are in Belek is gorgeous. Very spacious, clean and friendly. The hotel has 3 or 4 pool areas for sunbathing with padded sunbeds, and there is no need to 'book' your beds, turn up at anytime of the day and sunbeds were available, despite the hotel being full. The main residents are German and most of the entertainment and anouncements are in German however, do not let this put you off, the staff and other holidaymakers are all friendly and can communicate in English if required.
The hotel caters for families with small kids, up to 10 years old I would say would be fine, there is not too much for the teenagers to do here however. Couples and groups would also find this hotel to their liking. The food at all times is pretty good. Caters for most tastes and plenty of choice. The drink is also not too bad, for all inc, the beer and wine was drinkable at least!! There is a shuttle bus to the their own private beach. The bus leaves every 10 mins and travel is about 5 mins. The beach has it's own bar and restaurant which also forms part of the all inc. The Spa treatments in the hotel are excellent. We had turkish bath, full body massage and facials, which took over 2 hours, for £40 each, so make sure you do it and haggle on price though. The hotel has entertainment most nights and the entertainment team are all excellent and very friendly. They made us feel very welcome and Rebecca (from Scotland) is extremely talented and will assist with any English speaking guests needing assistance, so ask for her. There is also a disco which opens at 12am but to be honest, it was dead most of the time, is a little bit dark and dingy, and is expensive for drink, so don't wait up for the clubbing element in the hotel if you are expecting Pacha!! In the immediate area there are a few golf courses which look pretty impressive should this be of interest. 2 courses are right opposite the hotel. Other than that, there is nothing outside the hotel to encourage a walk, and the nearest village is a tourist trap for local venders being pushy to sell you fake designer labels. Never settle on their first price...they will half the price if asked!!. All in all, the Hotel is more than we were expecting and really has no bad points, other than lack of English speaking residents, which is not really a bad thing I suppose, and if you speak German too, then you will be more than fine. One thing I would say is that the locals and in all the shops and even the hotel, they requested payment in Euros rather than Turkish Lira, as they make more money fromEuros. If you have Lira press them and they will take it but if you prefer and want an easy life, just use Euros. Remember your ENGLISH £10 to get entry into the country...we didn't have one, offered a Scottish £20 which they wouldn't accept, they wouldn't even accept Turkish Lira, so I had to pay via debit card and they took 30 Euro..a scam clearly but other than that, we had a really enjoyable time and would definately go back. We paid £550 each all inc for 10 nights flying from Glasgow in May...a real bargain so if you get a similar deal and think it's too good to be true, it's not..we really recommend this hotel and complex.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view for quiet rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank LoriNeil1969
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed at fe beach belek hotel july 2010.
Family rooms fantastic .Huge bright and extremely clean.
Room splits into 2 seperate rooms with a solid door inbetween the rooms - Ideal for holidays with teenagers who want their own space.
Ala carte restaurants excellent
All staff very helpful and attentive to your every need.
Pools great.
Beach close by via courtesy bus.Beach bar great.
If you want a get away from it all holiday where not alot of English stay this is your hotel.
We have booked to return for this summer .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank holidaygirl020
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I stayed at the Febeach hotel whilst at a nearby conference so I’m not your typical guest at an all inclusive hotel on the Antalyan coast!

The hotel is a fairly large and modern (built in 2008) with a nice swimming pool and a water slide too, but isn’t located on the beach as the name suggests. Rather, the beach is a short drive away, reachable by shuttle bus (every 10 mins), where the hotel has a patch of the beach with loungers and a bar and restaurant which I checked out after the conference finished.

Rooms are a good size and the bathroom facilities good but I did find the air conditioning noisy and a little ineffective on the first day: the room took an age to cool down. There is free wi-fi in the room which is great, but if you don’t have a laptop there is an internet access point where you have to pay.

There are plenty of facilities including shop, hairdresser and bowling, but these are come at a price over and above the all inclusive price as one would expect. The buffet restaurant is good – I didn’t try the a la carte.

Most of the guests at the hotel are German or Dutch so not all of the staff speak English, and most of the announcements for activities were not made in English. Staff are friendly though and will come and chat.

In terms of the location, it is away from the main town of Belek (I think there is a bus otherwise its 20 TL) and half an hour from Antalya (€70 return taxi fare).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Hannah75
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We have just returned from our holiday at the FeBeach Hotel. 10 adults and 2 children aged 1 and 3. Even though this wasn't the most luxurious hotel I have been to in Turkey the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful by far. Everyone spoke English and I never had any problems communicating be it at the reception or restaurants. Food was excellent, lots of choice and even my 1 year old who never ate table food before was enjoying it. I was surprised I didn't have to use my baby food jars that I had brought along. There was another English family with two small children at the hotel and about 7 other adults. Kids entertainment was in German due to the majority of kids being German but that didn't stop my one year old jumping to the sound of music during evening shows and my 3 year old started counting eins, zwei, drei by the end of the holiday. it looks like the hotel has not paired up with any Russian travel agencies as there were no Russians in site at this hotel (unlike others in Turkey). Entertainment for the adults was brilliant too and all the Swedish girls in the animation team didn't go unnoticed by the young men in our party. Thank you to everyone at FeBeach for making our holiday wonderful. We hope to see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank kleaer
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We arrived early yesterday after poor flight. Hotel porter took.the cases to the room and the receptionist new who we were before we could say our names. Ok the facts we didn't get a seaview room but for the money we paid I'm not complaining . The room is good clean and everything works I.e hair drier tell etc. Most importantly the air con in the room is great and works we you tell it. The pools are great and service is good as well. The hotel is mainly filled with dutch and German holiday makers I would say 70% families. Everyone is polite and the.children are.so.well behaved the children's entertainment is mainly in German but they are catering for their audience. Food is good great selection and drinks or ok as they are local drinks I.e beer we booked through alpharooms and the deal was good shame the flight was delayed 4 hours. Personally I feel this hotel is good value for money and the staff and holiday makers happy and cheerfull .

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank demansquith
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Hi
We have just returned from a week in the Febeach Resort and Spa in Belek. The Hotel is fantastic, I can not fault the cleanliness, food, facilities, rooms, well anything other than we where the only English People there. In the whole hotel which is large, there was not one other English Person. Don't get me wrong we have nothing against German people or their language, just we dont speak it and our children could not use the childrens club because they did not understand anyone, which was a real shame because the reps where excellent. I would highly recommend the hotel to German speaking guests, but English people unfortunatley need to stay clear unless you dont mind a lonely holiday. The Majority of the staff only spoke Turkish or German, we did find a couple who could speak some English and they tried to help us as much as possible.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and you do need to get a taxi to go into Belek itself or the surrounding areas, which are very nice with lots of shops. Our children didnt want to leave the hotel due to the 6 outdoor pools with excellent waterslides. The hotel has everything you need including a free regular bus to the beach which also has a beach bar and restaurant you can get your all inclusive snacks and drinks in.
Overall an excellent hotel with excellent facilities just not suitable for English speaking families,which is such a shame

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Innvista Hotels Belek
Sarp Hotel Kadriye
#2 of 3 in Kadriye
Crystal Paraiso Verde Resort & Spa
Club Prive by Rixos, Belek

Been to Vera Verde Resort? Share your experiences!