“Great family Holiday Resort”
Review of Vera Verde Resort

Vera Verde Resort
Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Belek
London, United Kingdom
“Great family Holiday Resort”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This holiday was booked by my wife and I have to admit that I was a little sceptical as All Inclusive is not my thing - in particular I was worried about food choice and preparation and also how guests "habits" at buffets may not be the most hygienic. I need not have worried. We have just returned and all agree that we've had a great holiday and would return.

So let's start with the food bit. The choice at breakfast was huge - freshly cooked pancakes some days, waffles the next and every day fried eggs and omelettes. Plus lots of other choices of cereals, scrambled eggs meats, cheeses, cereals, fresh fruit and so on. As this is a European resort catering to European customers, no "Full English" - which suits me just fine. You could pay €2 for freshly squeezed orange juice if you wanted, but the tetra pack stuff was OK. getting a table in the morning was easy.

At lunch, again finding a table was easy, and again the choice was huge, even if some days it did seem a little like the same type of food was being served. However I would say for sure that food was never reheated, as the volumes served was so huge nothing ever stayed around long.

Dinner was a slightly different affair when it came to getting a table. I personally hated having to spend 10mins sometimes looking around the vast main restaurant, but if arriving either at 7pm or 8pm it was easier. Again choice of food in the evening was huge, and there were at least two "themed" evenings a week, Mexican, Italian for example. There was a great selection of freshly baked breads (pitta, cheese filled, meat filled), salads, dressings and oils, and main courses. My only gripe about the food side of things would be the deserts on offer, but as there was plenty of fresh fruit we were quite happy.

There were also three evening a la carte restaurants that you could book (you don't need to book on arrival, but possibly best to - we changed one date half way through our holiday no problem). The Chinese meal was OK though a bit bland, the Mediterranean one better and the Fish restaurant at the beach superb. But be warned, most of the courses (usually about 5 or 6) are fixed and it's only the main and desert that you choose. Our kids weren't too keen on the fish so we'd taken the precaution of them eating early at the kids buffet so that they wouldn't starve !!

There was also a snack bar with pizza, burgers, and chips in the afternoon, and ice creams from 4pm - 6pm.

We had a family room with two adjoining rooms in what in effect was an elongated/large hotel room, with a bathroom in the middle. Air con was Ok if a bit noisy, but the rooms were more than adequate for all the things we brought with us. We took a look at the suites whilst we were there and these rooms were bigger and had a bath and shower, and depending on how much extra they may cost would probably be worth paying for the extra space.

The customers at the hotel are mainly German/Austrian, but there were enough Brits that we came across to chat to, a few French, Dutch and so on. For me it was a positive eclectic mix, and quite honestly the people I met there were as friendly and as polite as you could hope for on holiday - much better than going to a hotel with 100% Brits in my opinion.

With regards to the staff - I have nothing but praise for them - Ok so some of them did not speak perfect Queens English - but then how many in our service industry in the UK speak one foreign language, let alone two or three as most did at the resort. Funnily enough I never had one single problem getting a gin and tonic, or rum and coke or vodka coke or even a shandy (Radler on the printed drinks list) - it's amazing what a smile, and a "please", and a "thank you" can do for you when being served. I learned one word in Turkish for "thank you" and it went a long way in getting great service. Waiters, bar staff, chefs and so on were all excellent.

The pools were great - loads of sunbeds - though us Brits are now equal to the Germans in reserving them early doors !! - and the slide pool was enough to keep our pre-teens happy.
The shuttle bus to the beach (one mile away) came every 10mins and took about 3mins to get there. There was a nice beach bar serving kebabs and freshly cooked wraps and the restaurant (which we didn't use during the day). The sand got very hot so wear shoes down to the waters edge. Plenty of privately run activities to do at the beach - paragliding, banana boats, jet ski etc..

The kids club - mine were in "Maxis" - was a bit tame and quite often mine wouldn't bother with the activities, and this would be my only complaint. If I had one issue it would be that they probably need to "upweight" the program for the older kids and teenagers. An extra table tennis table would also be handy. There is a basket ball court with badminton options and a 5 a side football pitch as well, but you'd probably need to organise this yourself, but can borrow a ball from the animation team,.

The animation team were very good, very enthusiastic and came from all parts of Europe and did translate most shows into three or four languages. The evening entertainment was a little lame but they did OK considering they are not professionals. The best night was when a Brazilian dance troupe samba'd on stage for an hour or so.

We hired a car whilst we were here for a very reasonable €35 (cash) per day and visited some local Roman sites at Perge, Aspendos and Side (about 10TL/15TL per adult, kids under 16 free). These take only TL but I did pay with a credit card at one site. Perge in particular is worth visiting.

There is a bus stop opposite the hotel to take you to Kadriye for 80cents / 2TL which is an OK place to buy stuff - make sure you barter - but Belek is a bit more upmarket.

There were plenty of cashpoints in both Kadriye and Belek which means that you would pay less for things if you pay in TL rather than Euros which most shops / cafes translated at TL2 = € so you'd be paying something like 15% more for stuff. But I would recommend you take some Euros with you as well as you may need them (e.g. car hire at hotel).

Overall - a great holiday which we all enjoyed and wouldn't hesitated to recommend to others, and a resort we would return to.

4 Thank Ian R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Ok, I have read many reviews on this hotel, some good, some bad. I spent 10 days there in August 2012 and I will give an honest opinion from my experience at this hotel. Stayed in a standard room with my wife & 5 yr old son.
1. More a 3 star plus hotel.
2. Very poor air conditioning, unless you are in a family room. Apparently money saving, by switching off between 3am to 6am & 9am to 1pm, beware it can get very hot & sticky.
3. The hotel caters mainly for the Germans who are the main users, so turkish staff speak good
German and less than basic English.
4. The buffet dinning room serves dull repetitive & recycled food. No english breakfast. More local variations. You won't get bacon & beans.
5. The ala carte Chinese restaurant was an insult to anyone that appreciates Chinese food.
The Mediterranean restaurant was inferior. The fish restaurant was exceptional.
6. Beach was a couple a miles away, not the best, but adequate.
7. Entertainment was very limited, especially for teenagers. A few times there was singers and dancers on stage in the evening, but in German.
8. Drinks are free, but be wary that the bar staff have little knowledge in making cocktails, even making a shandy was stretching their abilities.
9. Only one English speaking tv channel out of about 20, and that was BBC news.
10. Swimming pools good, plenty of sun beds.
11. Generally hotel clean but dated, and what's with the many plastic flowers all over the hotel,
very tacky.
Sorry to say I couldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Family rooms faired best with better air conditioning.
3 Thank Dennis M
Oxford
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We were sold this on the basis of it being a 5 Star Hotel. Having returned from our holiday I can say without a doubt that this is at best a 4 star, also from the moment we arrived it was clear that this hotel is geared up for German Guests (95%). We were in a disabled adapted room (Which on arrival the hotel had no record of!) as my wife is in a wheelchair, the room was basically a standard room with a few grab rails poorly placed and a couple were loose, my wife asked for furniture to be removed from the room to make it easier to move around the room and was told no, then after asking to speak to a manager it got sorted, communicating with staff was sometimes difficult. The indoor heated pool is closed through the summer which is not mentioned on the hotel website also in the spa there was a jacuzzi which appeared to have the controls sealed and the water was cold so pointless really, my wife was looking forward to using this. The bar is somewhat restricted, good luck asking for a rum & coke! you are OK if you like Vodka. If you have a teenager be aware that they will not be allowed to participate in the Archery, Air Rifle - very frustrating for my 15 year old son, he was also refused basketball and Beach Volley Ball!

Some Positives:
1. The Outside pools were Good
2. Most of the staff are friendly - Just the language a barrier
3. Food was a good standard but definitely had a German bias
4. Regular 10 minute shuttle bus to Hotels private beach
5. Great facilities at the beach

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Booked this hotel for a weeks holiday for myself, partner,my daughter who is 17 & son aged 14 and we were very happy with our choice.
We had a 2 bedroom family room in block 3 with twin beds in one room and a large king size in the main bedroom,lovely big bathroom but very deep bath, also we all managed to stub our toes on the little step by the bathroom door. Both rooms had flat screen tvs and large wardrobes so plenty of room for all the clothes,safe deposit box inside one wardrobe and good air conditioning units in both rooms.
The hotel was very busy but we always managed to get 4 sunbeds together,on arrival we were given four cards to collect our pool towels from the spa after 8.30 am and they had to be returned by 19.00. There are 3 pools at the front of the hotel and 1 at the back with the kiddies slides.
The animation team worked very hard and there were plenty of things for the kids to do football,volleyball (at the beach) paintballing,banna boats(not part of all inclusive 15 lira each) they also performed a show at night which was okay if you remember they are not professionals but also once a week they have dance troupes from outside to perform.
The food and drinks were of a very good standard and there is no way you would go hungry,though some of the things might not have been to the english taste ,my partner is a chef and he was very impressed by the quality of the food.There is a drinks menu to chose from which included beer,wine,cocktails,soft drinks and non alcoholic cocktails.
There are 3 a la carte restaurants you can book fish,mediteranean & chinese,you can also book a rustic breakfast,we did not try these as you have to be ready to eat at 19.00 which is a little early for us,when using the a la carte you have to pay for wine.These must be booked early as spaces are limited and are soon gone.
The shuttle bus to the beach runs every 10 minutes from 8.30 and it takes about 3 mins we spent one day at the beach which we enjoyed they have a restaurant,a snack bar and there is a lady who does filled pancakes.
The hotel is located nearer to Kadriye than Belek which is 5km away there is a bus stop & taxi rank outside the front we paid 2 lira each on the bus into Kadriye and 38 lira for a return taxi to Belek though we were unlucky as 2 days of our holiday they were on strike.
Kadriye is not very big and we found it a bit dirty and run down, Belek is a lot larger and much more up market also compared to other parts of Turkey we have visited we found it more expensive.
We all enjoyed our holiday but if there was anything i would have a little moan about it is the fact that there is only one person serving at the pool bar during the day even though it was very busy and some of the staff on reception could speak very little english but as was explained to us until 2 years ago only germans used this hotel.
If there is one thing i would recommend is if you book this hotel take some euros with you,
I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again and would recommend it to my family and friends

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper make sure you have a room away from the main road
1 Thank Lavall1
Europe
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Definitely this is not a 4 stars resort, maybe could reach a 3 stars and roughly. Meals and table wine are mediocre at the normal restaurant. In the special restaurants meals are better and wine also, but you have to paid for it, if you dont reserve inmmediately when you arrive to those restaurants, will be hard to get some places later on, mainly during high season. AT the bars people doesn't know how the drinks have to be prepared and it seems that they want to save everything even the ice, they dont want to give you enough ice in your drinks ( I dont know why ? ) I had several discussion with the bar tenders (? ) because we want more ice in our drinks ( we were thru 36-44°c ), once at nigiht I should shout to get more ice, which is unnaceptable.Some people at the resort speaks German (30%) the rest doesn't speaks even english, then the communication is to bad and is difficult to get what you need or want. Internet wi-fi doesn't work in all hotel areas, to be conected surely you have to go to the reception hall. Sincerely I will never return to this Resort& Spa. There are better hotels close to Belek.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

excellent hotel, as this place was a bit secluded there was plenty to do. you had no need to leave as everything was there. evan a bowling ally.rooms where lovely and very very clean. went on a tripp to see a show called dance of the fire. very very good.food could not find any fault.had 3 alacart meals and one breakfast all was spot on . although u had to pay for wine...got a nice beach bag for towels which u could keep.ammanation team worked really hard. the only fault I found was that this hotel was 90% germans. i also thought that some of the staff could have learnt to speak a bit more english and also understand it.after all we are a universal languige . the entertainment team forgot to explain in english so there where times we did not understand what was happening. after i pointed out to them that there where some english people there they did.in all an excellent hotel.the spa was also good had a great turkish bath and massage

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank annlewis_12
London
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We arrived late on July 5th 2012 were we we're greeted by the reception staff , very friendly , as it was late we were given a light meal of cheese salad that hit the spot after our long journey.
The rooms we were given we're very clean if not a tad small , for two people they were great but we had our grandson with us who is 3 so a little small for 3.
Food , fantastic , no problems for both meat eaters and veggies.
As it was July , the hotel was full ( 95% German ) and sometimes the Resturant was a little packed but if you go at the right times there is no problems.
The entertainment staff are brill , they speak German , french , English and Turkish.
For the kids , teens and adults the entertainment is pool based during the day and at night there is a stage were all the stuff goes on.
They have a program for fourteen days ,so if your there for 2 weeks there is no repeats and no gigs on Sunday as its their day off.
Be prepared as the summer heat is very , very hot , so if you are off to the beach take good shoes and plenty of sun cream.
The beach is a 5 min drive by a 25 sweater bus which goes from the hotel every 10 mins from 8.30 till 18.30.

The bar times are 10 am till midnight , coffee , tea on tap and all the local wines , spirits and beer you can drink.

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend , well yes , have a great time as this hotel will float your boat.
Best wishes.
Paul from London.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LondonSkippy57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Innvista Hotels Belek
#72 of 87 in Belek
Vera Mare Resort
Vera Mare Resort
#7 of 10 in Bogazkent

Been to Vera Verde Resort? Share your experiences!