The issue I have always had with reviews on TripAdvisor is that most of the time you only get the perspective on one hotel from a single trip and no true comparability with other hotels in the area.
So that if you travelled to Belek and had only stayed in e.g. the Cornelia Diamond you would say that it was the nads du chien, and in many ways it is. However, as frequent visitors to the area, and having stayed at Sirene, Sueno, Cornelia de luxe and the aforementioned Diamond, we think the Maxx Royal beats them all. Due to the volume of reviews, before we went, the MR languished at number 16 in the rankings, I now see it is 13 and I guarantee it will be top 5 in 6 months, if not top (where we think it should be, but probably helps from a pricing perspective for us for the relatively low overall ranking at the moment).
The rooms in the Diamond continue to be the best we have experienced in the area, but we do not go on holiday to spend it all in the room. In most other aspects, the Maxx Royal in our opinion wins (the spa was probably very slightly better at the Diamond as well).
The facilities at Maxx were great, service generally helpful and the a la carte booking was a doddle compared to the nightmares elsewhere. We ate at Bueno Steakhouse (BIG steaks) and at the Woxie Asian (fantastic) together with the buffet which is similar to the other hotel's buffets and gets a bit samey.
While this was UK mid term, and the hotel was supposedly full (see other review re indian wedding), in any area of the hotel/pools/aqua park/a la cartes you never got the sense of it actually being full. No queues for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort you can have a holiday with a new perspective of luxury, a meditative journey of tranquility and a pampering feel with a refined selection of gastronomic experience. Set on an area of 1.040,000 m² surrounded by Antalya's unique natural beauty, Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort, which is also a Ultra All Inclusive Hotel, offers a world of elegance located 1 km to Belek, 45 km to Antalya city centre and 35 km to Antalya Airport. Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort offers its guests entertainment to the max. 14 bars and clubs each with a unique design together with a variety of performances and entertainment options will make your fun packed days at Maxx Royal unforgettable. With its Dinoland, amazing Aquapark with different water slides and smiling babys concept you can have a unforgetable holiday with your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf And Spa
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf Hotel Belek