I was very impressed by The Maxx Royal, right from the start of my eight day break in mid-Feb 2013. I'd been to the Gloria Serenity and Cornela Diamond in the previous six months and rated them very highly but I felt the Maxx was that bit better, on most counts.
The recent complimentary reviews on TA have done The Maxx full justice, especially Jessie J's, with fine-detailed accounts of it's qualities, so I'll confine my remarks to my general impressions.
As soon as I set foot in the BUILDING I felt it had the wow factor. The sheer sweep and scale of the foyer and space in the eye-line beyond set the scene. The whole interior of the hotel is carefully designed to convey an impression of space and grandeur. The furnishings and fittings in the public areas, and generally throughout, are tasteful and high quality.
My third floor sea-view ROOM was perfect; spacious, beautifully furnished and with a view to die for. The walk-in wardrobe, well-stocked minibar and great bathroom topped it all off. No need to say more.
The main RESTAURANT (s) were cleverly designed to be discrete one from another, albeit in the same space. I tried a number of them for breakfast and dinner (out golfing,missed lunch) and found the range and quality of FOOD to be of a very high standard. So much so that I didn't feel the need to try the a la carte at all. Perhaps next time, because I'll definitely return soon.
All of the STAFF with whom I had contact were unfailingly charming and obliging. I always tip in these places but I don't think the service I got would have been much different if I hadn't; everyone was smiley and seemed genuinely eager to please. They are a credit to the hotel management.
One of the managers told me the hotel was almost at full capacity when I was there but the scale and planning of this place is such that it didn't seem in the least bit crowded.
Some reviews have commented on the behaviour of certain nationalities but I can honestly say I neither saw nor heard anything untoward during my stay. Then again, I was out for most of the day and didn't spend much time round the pools or beach, where presumably things are most likely to happen. Also, I guess the different sort of clientele during the school holidays brings a different set of challenges.
I played four of the excellent GOLF courses and enjoyed each one, especially my personal favourite, Carya. I golf quite a bit around Europe and I have to say that an All Inclusive stay at one of the high quality hotels in Belek probably provides the best value for money overall. The only thing missing really is the ability to wander out to fishing villages and sample the delights and ambience of local restaurants and night life. You pays your money..........
On reflection, the highest compliment I can pay The Maxx is that I'm going to the Gloria Serenity in April with a pal, but if I was booking that trip now I'd choose The Maxx, much as I like the Serenity.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Maxx. Try it, you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace the universal elements! Maxx Royal guests are presented with a matchless experience of the “Maxx Inclusive” concept with immaculate dishes and select upper class drinks. Unique dining options and artistic dishes prepared by award-winning chefs, spacious suites starting from 80 m2 and tailor-made services for comfort, Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort introduces the Mediterranean’s captivating beauty to exclusive services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf And Spa
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf Hotel Belek