“Wonderful hotel”

Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was very impressed by The Maxx Royal, right from the start of my eight day break in mid-Feb 2013. I'd been to the Gloria Serenity and Cornela Diamond in the previous six months and rated them very highly but I felt the Maxx was that bit better, on most counts.

The recent complimentary reviews on TA have done The Maxx full justice, especially Jessie J's, with fine-detailed accounts of it's qualities, so I'll confine my remarks to my general impressions.

As soon as I set foot in the BUILDING I felt it had the wow factor. The sheer sweep and scale of the foyer and space in the eye-line beyond set the scene. The whole interior of the hotel is carefully designed to convey an impression of space and grandeur. The furnishings and fittings in the public areas, and generally throughout, are tasteful and high quality.

My third floor sea-view ROOM was perfect; spacious, beautifully furnished and with a view to die for. The walk-in wardrobe, well-stocked minibar and great bathroom topped it all off. No need to say more.

The main RESTAURANT (s) were cleverly designed to be discrete one from another, albeit in the same space. I tried a number of them for breakfast and dinner (out golfing,missed lunch) and found the range and quality of FOOD to be of a very high standard. So much so that I didn't feel the need to try the a la carte at all. Perhaps next time, because I'll definitely return soon.

All of the STAFF with whom I had contact were unfailingly charming and obliging. I always tip in these places but I don't think the service I got would have been much different if I hadn't; everyone was smiley and seemed genuinely eager to please. They are a credit to the hotel management.

One of the managers told me the hotel was almost at full capacity when I was there but the scale and planning of this place is such that it didn't seem in the least bit crowded.

Some reviews have commented on the behaviour of certain nationalities but I can honestly say I neither saw nor heard anything untoward during my stay. Then again, I was out for most of the day and didn't spend much time round the pools or beach, where presumably things are most likely to happen. Also, I guess the different sort of clientele during the school holidays brings a different set of challenges.

I played four of the excellent GOLF courses and enjoyed each one, especially my personal favourite, Carya. I golf quite a bit around Europe and I have to say that an All Inclusive stay at one of the high quality hotels in Belek probably provides the best value for money overall. The only thing missing really is the ability to wander out to fishing villages and sample the delights and ambience of local restaurants and night life. You pays your money..........

On reflection, the highest compliment I can pay The Maxx is that I'm going to the Gloria Serenity in April with a pal, but if I was booking that trip now I'd choose The Maxx, much as I like the Serenity.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Maxx. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I had room 1532: sea view, with a beautiful panoramic view over the pools, the Med and the Taurus...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank JChcs
Write a ReviewReviews (3,417)

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This hotel was everything we had hoped for. My husband and I had booked it as a treat to celebrate my 40th birthday. Because I had done lots of homework and ploughed through images, video uploads etc. I thought I knew exactly what to expect but still things exceeded our expectations.
As it was March we did get it at a fantastic price so we found this hotel exceptional value for money. Having looked at the high seasons prices perhaps it would be a different story as there is only so much you can eat and drink for your money!
For us it was perfect. The room was as booked and expected – a massive bed, walk-in wardrobe, huge bathroom with Jacuzzi and his and hers sinks plus minibar with lots of choice; wine, beer, peach tea, still and sparkling water, fruit juice, diet coke, full fat coke and Fanta orange. Plus tea and coffee options.
We did have a land view room as the sea view were full and the upgrades out of our price range - my top tip would be to book early and make sure you secure that sea view as again if you pay high seasons prices I don’t think you would want a view of a car park! To be fair you could also see the conference centre and Voyage hotel but you can never beat the view of the sea!
In case you need to know what to pack or not here’s a rundown of the toiletries etc. available in the room. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel (all Hermes) nail file, sponge/scrubber, shower cap, slippers, shoe horn, clothes brush, sewing kit, plus eye masks,rain ponshos,nail clippers, condoms and sanitary towels!! You can call guest services for an iron and ironing board and there’s a choice of 5 different pillows.
As the weather was as to be expected in March, warm 19-22 degrees with part sunshine, cloud and a little bit of drizzle we did get to sample most of the hotel facilities:
When it was dull we used the indoor swimming pool and spa area which was beautiful and the treatment/relax rooms superb.
When it was sunny we lay by the pool, taking advantage of the heated pool and the pool service. The free Wi-Fi accessible here and everywhere else we sat in the hotel.
In an evening after dinner we would sit out on the terrace and enjoy a drink or 2. The staff would offer us shawls or patio heaters and we would laugh and say it is snowing at home but good to know you have the option if you feel the cold!
First thing in the morning before breakfast to avoid piling on the pounds we walked along the walking/running track which is just over 4km around the golf course.
The food was superb. As other reviewers have said the unlimited restaurant is buffet but probably the best buffet I have seen in any hotel. I am sure there would be something for every taste. We booked 2 specialty restaurants both 15 euros per person, the steakhouse at the golf course was exceptional and then the tapanaki which was good but perhaps not up to the same standard as the steakhouse. We ate lunch in either unlimited restaurant or enjoyed waiter service on the outdoor terrace at twenty-one. The menu here did looked limited but with sandwiches, pasta, pizzas, salads, fish or chicken so there was something for everyone. There were a few deserts to choose from but with a Hagen Daz ice cream stall or a chocolate/cake shop also available in the hotel we used to have our ‘afters’ in another area of the hotel normally accompanied by a specialty coffee or tea!!
At 9.30 in an evening the entertainment would start in the Club Royal Horse (the entertainment team will find you during the day and advise you on the evening activities!). On some evenings this entertainment would be fab other nights a bit cringy but with a fantastic cocktail list we had some memorable evenings in here!
Just to dispel some myths about this hotel 1) every member of staff we encountered spoke and understood English 2) guest seemed polite and well behaved! Sometimes I think that people reviewing have been to the wrong hotel.
Last but not least the hotel is about a mile walk along 1 road from the shopping area of Belek – for sports gear, handbags and tourist tack! At the moment there are some roads works on this road so a taxi was a better option for approx. 12 lira each way, but when the works are finished it would be a nice easy walk. Belek is not pretty but it is clean and does what it says on the tin; Great beach, superb golf courses and top quality hotels.
To sum up we had an amazing holiday, albeit as we got a very good price and would not hesitate to go back if we got a similar deal again!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a seaview
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank jbi
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Very nice hotel with a lot of facilities (pools, tennis courts, football field), facilities for children ( outside and inside playgrouds, Kindergarten), golf course.

Very good and delicious food, big variety, branded drinks.

What I did not like:
A lot, but really a lot of noisy and self centred Russians
Outside the resort is nothing, evenings with nowhere to go for a walk
Animation team - nothing special, annoying

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Zazit
Reviewed 15 March 2013

is a beautiful hotel, huge apartment, excellent food, everything was great,
I spent two weeks there, but I still stayed another two weeks
I was not bored at all
if you want to combine comfort, elegance and sophistication with fun, choose Maxx Royal

Room Tip: laguna suites, excellent choice
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Andra-Diana
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We had been there for our honeymoon. The room was perfect and they prepared some suprises for honeymoon couples ( champaigne, chocolate covered strawberries, belgian chocolates,a heart shaped cake etc..) They have upgraded our room to royal suite and decorated it with baloons and rose petals. All standard rooms are suites ( 70m2-80m2), have jakuzis and you can sunbath in your balcony. I also enjoy the espresso machine and diversity in minibar.

The staff was all helpful, the hotel is very clean, all drinks are premium and service was great. Cafe Melange's cakes and chocolates are great. We also tried the Bueno Steakhouse Restaurant which is located near golf course, if you like steak you should definetely give it a try, menu was nice and all delicious.

The programmes in Royal Horse Bar were also enjoyable and we had not been bored even for a second. The hotel is highly recommended if you are planning a holiday in Antalya.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank argento12
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in February 2013. The moment we walked into this superb hotel we were offered chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. The reception staff were brilliant. And in no time at all we were in our sensational bedroom. The room had everything one could ever want. The meals throughout were excellent. Every wehere was spotlessly clean, the staff seemed to get into every little nook and cranny.The staff all went out of their way to pamper you. We would like to single out Meryem in the Lobby Bar, she was superb, nothing was too much trouble. We really were sad to leave. If you want the very best then this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room on the first floor. The views were superb, with a sunny balcony with loungers...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GratefulMancunian
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed at the Maxx Royal in June 2012 as a family of 4. 2 adults a 2 year old and baby.

On arrival we were greeted with champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. Just the start of the luxury

The hotel facilities are excellent, gorgeous rooms which are huge and extremely comfortable, huge bathroom, walk in dressing area and mini bar which included Nesquick milk for the kids.
We stayed in a standard suite in the main building.

The food & beverage facilities are also excellent, loads of choice, you could never get bored and even a kids buffet with pre mashed food for babies. Baby Hipp jars & biscuits. The starter where my favourite with lots of seafood canapes!

Pool facilities & beach were also great. we stayed at the pool, waiter service standard! Cocktails amazing! you can hire cabanas at an extra charge, we didn't do this. always sunbeds around too! Kids pool good although a little chilly as completely shaded - good & bad points obviously. The only downfall to pool area was there was no really shallow part for babies.

Kids club was also fantastic, best i've seen! cinema, huge soft play area. the outdoor part was still being built when we were there but looked great.

Wifi in the hotel was first class! all round the pool, lobby, rooms. great for business users!

I would love the go back to the Maxx Royal and wanted to book for our honeymoon this June but the hotel has since doubled in price so we are going elsewhere. I just hope the new hotel lives up to my high standards & that the Maxx Royal reviews it prices so I can retun & enjoy another great holiday there

I have previously stayed in lots of other top hotels including, The Bellagio, The Ritz, The Savoy, Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay and the Maxx Royal easily lives up to the same standards as these world class hotels, if not higher!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family