My husband, son (6 years old) and I have just got back from a week's stay at the Maxx Royal, we were greeted with chocolate strawberries and champagne, staff at the desk were very courteous and spoke good English, and as we arrived late we were directed to a restaurant that is open 21 hours a day to have a late dinner, the service was excellent.
I have stayed at many hotels in Antalya, this is by far the best out of them all so far, the service was top class, but please bear in mind that we travelled on 21st May which was fairly quiet so the service was really top notch, towards the end as it got busier with the half term, the service did decline dramatically so I cannot really say what it would be like in the Summer, but I wouldn't expect such a terrific service.
We tried the steak a la carte and it costs 30 euro pp, it's located at the golf course and the views are really beautiful, again the service was top class, the steaks weren't that great, I've had much better steaks here in London, so I think it's a bit overpriced but the whole experience was worth every penny.
Room was very comfortable, we had to change the room we were initially assigned to and were given a fantastic twin room near the reception (Room 1216). My only complaint was that the walls were paper thin, we could hear our next door neighbours like they were in our room, good thing I had my ear plugs with me or else I would have gone mental with the amount of noise they were making the whole night but it wasn't their fault, the sound insulation didn't exist.
Pools were clean and well maintained and due to the weather we had to stick to the heated pool which wasn't very big but comfortable to swim in, we were looked after by Ahmet the whole week, he was fantastic as well as Bilal and Ece. Very little music and no loud noises from the entertainment team, but we could have done with more Turkish music as it felt very quiet at times.
Food was plentiful, not necessarily to my own taste, but you'd never go hungry that's for sure.
There's a freezone area for people with late flights, we didn't take advantage of it because there was no air conditioning and felt very hot
Turn down service in the evening, where all the used towels get changed, the curtains drawn, and the beds prepared with a little Godiva chocolate ready for you to have a fantastic night's sleep, air conditioning in the room was great.
Room cleaning wasn't the best, I would find things from the night before still in their place not moved or cleaned.
I was a bit shocked by the behaviour of some people helping themselves to our stuff, I'd leave my sun cream, my hair accessories and my son's float jacket to grab something to eat or go for a little walk only to come back to witness people using my sun cream, and parents putting their children in my son's jacket like it was a normal thing to do!! I was really angry by their behaviour as it seemed really ridiculous to pay that much money for a hotel and be cheap enough to use other people's suncream!! Needless to say, all my hair accessories were gone and was left with nothing. We ended up taking everything with us wherever we go, something that I never experienced in any hotel before.
Overall, we had a very enjoyable time, we loved the Maxx Royal and would definitely go back if the price was right as I still think it's a little overpriced especially with the level of service we received towards the end of our holiday.
Maxx Royal cannot be compared to Titanic deluxe Belek which we visited back in August 2013, there was nothing deluxe about it and I was so disappointed that I never bothered to review it as I had nothing good to say about it except for the rooms. Maxx is way more elegant and superior and a true 5 star quality for Turkey's standards.
Thank you Maxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embrace the universal elements! Maxx Royal guests are presented with a matchless experience of the “Maxx Inclusive” concept with immaculate dishes and select upper class drinks. Unique dining options and artistic dishes prepared by award-winning chefs, spacious suites starting from 80 m2 and tailor-made services for comfort, Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort introduces the Mediterranean’s captivating beauty to exclusive services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf Hotel Belek
- Maxx Royal Belek Golf And Spa