“Peace & quiet at a beautiful, well maintained resort”

TUI SENSIMAR Belek Resort & Spa
Ranked #61 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Lovely, quiet, modern, open-air concept hotel with spa in small coastal town of Boguzkent. My husband and I stayed 7 nights in a 5th floor sea view room. I believe we were the only Americans as most guests were German. Having read the reviews I knew the hotel catered to German guests and we experienced no issue with this. Yes, signs, menu items and daily activities were listed in German, but in Turkish and English too. If you are traveling outside your own country to one where the language is different than yours, be thankful when the resort caters to you, as you are the foreigner in their country. I personally was impressed by the kind and friendly staff, most which were multi-lingual.

The Good: quiet; no loud, obnoxious animation crew here. Though, during prime hours you can hear the nearby hotels turning up the volume of fun. No thanks ... been there, done that. No loud music or conga lines here, rather you'll enjoy plenty of peaceful, nap by the pool kind of days. This resort is adults only, and occassionally I'd see somone from the sister resort wander through with a kid or two, but the staff quickly and quietly escorted them out. The only other (welcome) interruption is the smiling girl pushing the snack cart. Sample cups of buttery corn, fruit parfaits and chocolate puddings throughout the day without leaving your lounger. Though know there is no cocktail service by the pool; you need to get your own drinks here, and there are plenty of bars poolside.

Overall, the food was excellent! We only ate at the buffet and grill. We've been to many all inclusives and this was by far the best food. It surprises me that some reviewers complained about the variety or taste. For every meal, there are several choices of turkey, chicken, beef, vegetarian, fish plus many traditional Turkish dishes from different regions. Cold salads, soups, meze, breads, cheeses, amuse bouches, spectactular desserts ... and on and on. If you cannot find variety here then I don't think you can be pleased anywhere.

The hotel layout and design is beautiful. Plenty of places to sit and enjoy an evening tea or coffee or sip a couple of cocktails. There are several places to have drinks, but most people congregated near the Island pool bar or on the Terrace. The Beach side bar was perfect for enjoying a sunset drink with spectacular views of the sea. From the landscaping, to the terrace overlooking the pool, to the blue and teal colored tiles of the pool, careful attention was given to every detail.

There is an inside pool attached to the spa, and I believe a hot tub next to it, but it appeared to be down for repairs. I never saw anyone use either. In the Spa, you can use the complimentary hamam, steam, and sauna rooms, or book appointments for the hamam service, which we did twice. My husband is Turkish, and he called it hamam-lite. Regardless, it was an interesting (and enjoyable) experience. The spas offers several types of massages at reasonable prices.

The staff was excellent. Since my husband speaks Turkish he was able to talk with many of the staff and get to know a little about them. Everyone was very friendly and hospitable.

What You Need To Know: while we stayed in a 5th floor (top floor) sea view room, we were disappointed with the balcony, which is a high wall that completely closed off your view unless you were standing up next to it. It's more of a sky view room. To make the best of this, the hotel could spring for a couple bar height chairs and table so you could at least sit on the balcony and enjoy the view. It appeared the best balconies are on the 4th floor. 1st thru 4th have a glass wall but only the 4th and 5th are large enough for 2 chairs. If you can get one, the 8 Lake House villas look amazing.

Our room was small, but we didn't go on vacation to stay in our room. We had, what we call in the U.S., a king sized bed. (Not 2 beds pushed together.) But for us, the matress was too hard, almost uncomfortable.

The room offered plenty of space for clothes, several large mirrors, hair dryer, safe, stocked fridge, reading lights, and tea pot. Some bottles in the fridge required a bottle opener, which was not supplied though one was delivered shortly after we requested it. No soaps, lotions, etc. in the room which I found very surprising. Room comes stocked with 2 robes, 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, bath mat, a loofah, a washcloth and small vanity kit. Would have liked a couple extra bath towels, though I'm sure they would have accommodated us if we asked. Washcloths were sporadically replaced.

We found it difficult to regulate the AC. Either too cold or too warm. We decided to go with too cold and requested extra blankets. The AC turns off when the balcony doors are open or if the key card is removed from the slot. We kept one key in the slot the whole time, but found that housekeeping would open the balcony door a wee bit to turn off the AC.

Yes, the water temperature is an issue. Forget hot, we never even had a warm shower, but I suppose that's what happens when everyone comes in from the pool at 5 pm and takes a shower before dinner.

The liitle hair dryer was barely adequate, but loved the pull out vanity mirror. The bathroom and shower walls are made of opaque glass, while not an issue for my husband and me, I can imagine some not being comfortable with this. Never fear, there are plenty of very private, very clean bathrooms throughout the resort.

The rooms are lacking basic info for guests: map of resort, what # to call for front desk, how late the pool is open, spa services, how to use the safe, etc. This info would be helpful upon check in.

The drinks were a bit of a disappointment. Usually too strong. I did not care for the house wines or local beer Efes, but that’s just me. I sampled a lot, but never found anything I really liked. Dining times are prompt 6:30-9 pm for dinner. Most folks get there right at 6:30 so it gets very crowded and warm indoors. The best tables are along the pool where it is cool, but they get snapped up by the early birds. We tried to time our meal around 7:30 after the rush. However, often we felt rushed to eat as the staff starts to break down the buffet before service is over.

Please know there are stray cats that live at the resort. You will see the same few cats around the pool, terrace, near the dining tables, even in the lobby. The Turkish people are very kind to the stays. The cats are cared for and will not hurt you, bother you or jump on you. Please be respectful, and if you are bothered or afriad, let the staff know and they will accommodate you.

WiFi is available, but only on the Terrace, lobby, and when dining near the pool. Again, we didn't go on vacation to be online, but nice to be able to check in back home.

Almost every night, there is some scheduled event such as music, dancing, casino night, movie on the beach, Events start around 8:30 and are done by 10 pm. If you are looking for low-key, this is the place. During our stay, the resort celebrated their 2 year anniversary and planned a very special night with decorations, fancy feast, and a Brazilian dance troupe. They went all out to put on a spectacular show for their guests, which was very nice.

There are plenty of nice, comfortable loungers and umbrellas on the beach and by the pool. Guests did get in early to "reserve" a spot, so if you are a late riser, your options may be limited. We'd get to the pool around 10:30 and usually found a decent spot. The shoreline is rocky, so if you plan to go into the water you will want water shoes. Believe me, I thought I could brave it without, but it hurt my little feet and I couldn't do it! Even to just walk along the water, you may need shoes.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Sensimar Belek and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RegulaRay49

Reviewed 8 June 2013

Adult only side of the hotel - Half the hotel rooms have no outside space, No hot water at peak times - No late checkout, No complimentary rooms to get changed!

Firstly we arrived at almost midnight, the hotel have no eating facilities past midnight, so you go hungry first night!

After trying all week to get the room we should have had with terrace or balcony, I was told to come back every day by the un caring reception staff, we also requested to keep the room late as our flight isn't until 10pm. We are now sat in reception on the day of check out, having been told no room extension available and unbelievably no complimentary room to get changed in later. Reception staff have done nothing but lie to me for a week, they are the major let down in this hotel!

We stayed in room 1110 until today 8th June. The room was modern very clean and good facilities, one major exception; nothing more than a sliding window, which reception called French Balcony. We booked with Monarch and it stated on our invoice balcony or terrace - be warned half the rooms in this hotel have NO OUTSIDE SPACE!
One more MAJOR issue is this hotel run's out of HOT WATER by 9am and again at 5.30pm. Clearly lack of capacity to handle peak loads,which beggars belief in a modern hotel.

Now for the positives if you can put up with cold showers, the staff other than reception work very had to ensure you have a good holiday, from the cleaners to bar staff and restaurant waiters they are perfect, as is the hotel for cleanliness. Food is a fair quality if a little bland and repetitive, turkey in several dishes most nights. I suppose feeding the masses things like pasta, chips etc, are to be expected. Some nights they have a large joint of meat being carved, which would be good more often. Finally on food we tried to book the other restaurants on the Tuesday night only to be told they had been fully booked, perhaps we should have considered booking the day we arrived!
The hotel is quiet in a remote location surrounded by a very low standard or local living, we felt unsafe stepping outside this hotel.
In summary reception staff don't care and cannot manage room bookings correctly, NO HOT WATER at peak times would make me avoid this hotel again!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We got back from Sensimar Belek last week - booked 4 weeks before we went as a well needed holiday in the sun. This was our first trip flying into Antalaya as we have always flown into Dalaman previously twice.

Advertised as a 5 star hotel we were expecting slightly more than we found! Location is basically a new resort and building site with large hotels going up all around the area. First impression is nice however you are met with huge watersides outside the front door from the sister hotel next door which is a family hotel .. Sensimar is adult only although they sit right next door to each other and I should imagine the noise carries in peak season. All staff speak Turkish or German as this is a predominantly catered for Germans hotel consequently we were the only English couple there, however our saving grace for conversation was a Belgian couple who spoke English and couldn't speak German. All entertainment was in German also as we're the tv channels. The main restaurant was satisfactory with a selection of food that was suitable for most and breakfast was a god send as they served until 11am. Pool bar also had a selection of snacks and ice cream. A La Carte however was disappointing - 5 courses of which only 2 had a selection to choose from (main - choose of beef, chicken, steak. sweet - fruit salad or ice scream ) most of the food on the menu we had seen the main restaurant the previous evening!

Rooms nice and clean although twin beds are standard andyou have push together if you want double. They have a few double bedded rooms on top floor but balconies are not as nice. Balcony to our room was full glass and you could lie in bed looking out at the sea.

Pools were nice and clean with ample sun beds although you had to be up early to pick your spot. Bach was clean again with ample sunbeds but very pebbly if you wanted to go in the sea and sand looks dirty colour - so if you want golden sand don't choose here, beautiful view to the mountains which were snow capped when we were there which was surreal when we were lay on beach in 30C.

We tried to arrange a trip out but as I had not booked it through an agent as such and were not German there was no facility to do so without going into Belek which was 20 minutes by taxi.

Weather was wonderful all week 30C+

Would I go back ... No - I have possibly learnt that I should not choose English only reviews to come to the top when looking on trip advisor and I may have seen that it was mostly German!!

Room Tip: Sea view is lovely and has glass balcony to the floor so you can see from the bed. Double bedded ro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicki-Foth
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Third time in Turkey staying 5 star, and this was well below average. Clean and tidy, friendly staff, but only consider if the weather is very good, as nothing else to do at the hotel. For English visitors please note that the hotel caters almost exclusively for German tourists - staff speak German, notices in German and evening entertainment all in German when we were there. If you arrange the holiday outside of a tour operator the hotel does not offer any excursions. Outside the hotel area is a huge building site with loads more huge hotels being built. Will be fine in a few years but very industrial at the moment.

Only the 5th floor has double beds, rest are all twins, and the 5th floor has small balconies with concrete rather than glass wall, so views are poorer.

Buffet restaurant is average, but the a la carte was very poor indeed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myplectrum
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our first trip to Turkey and we were delighted with our choice. The hotel is lovely, so clean and the service is superb. The Buffett is excellent and although the food was a little bland it was fresh and beautifully prepared. Our first holiday when my husband said he could stay longer. This resort is mainly catering to German tourists and we met some delightful people and although the hotel and staff are set up to cater for the majority of guests we had no issue or problem getting understood. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Opt for a Lakeside room.Fantastic views!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Kath D
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Just returned from a two week vacation at Sensimar and I have to stay I was not expecting it to be so amazing.

The Hotel:
The hotel is fantastic and looks brand new. It is not a huge complex like many resorts, so everything is as close as it should be. Just perfect.
The hotel does not allows guests under 18 years old so it is absolutely calm and quiet. If you want a family hotel you should stay at Sherwood Dreams which is part of the same group and is children oriented. Guests at Sensimar have full access to Sherwood, so you have plenty of choices to do. Sherwood's guest are not allowed to enter Sensimar because of the children.
You can do a 10/15 minute walk outside the hotel and get to a shopping zone, including the Tourist Bazar which takes place once a week. It is perfectly safe and locals are very nice.

Rooms:
Impecable cleaning, great size and a fantastic balcony. Free minibar always fully stocked. Nothing more to ask.

Grounds:
Beautiful. Everything is clean and gardens are perfectly taken care. Great feel to it.

Pool/Beach:
Pool is huge, has a jacuzzi and is perfect to relax. Because there are no children, you can simply just relax with no splashing and yelling.
The beach is big and beautiful and, unlike most hotels I have been to, there is plenty of sun beds and shades everywhere at anytime which is essencial since temperature here is as high as 40º C. Water was calm during the morning and had some waves in the afternoon. Everyday of our trip the temperature of the sea was 28º C. The only disadvantage of the beach is the fact that, although it is a sandy beach, there is a bank os pebbles when you enter the water that is a bit uncomfortable until you reach sand again. It may be a little difficult to get out of the water and balance because of that, but nothing that we couldn't get used to by our second day. Antalya is a zone of pebbled beaches, so keep that in mind.

Restaurants/Food:
Because of the size of the hotel, there is only the need to have one Buffet Restaurant. There is also two themed restaurants that can be booked in advance. Although there is not a huge variaty, lacking, in my opinion, more grilled meat and different things, food was very tasty and everything was impeccably cooked.

Entertainment:
Awesome. Every evening has different performances, by the pool, or by the terrace bar and always an outdoor "disco". Remember that you can also go to Sherwood for other shows at its amphitheatre.

Service:
This is a major positive point of this hotel that we did not expected. Despite communication issues, staff was overall so nice and thoughtful, always with a smile and ready to serve us. Fantastic.

The bad:
The only problem with the hotel was the fact that it is fully oriented to Germans, including activities and entertainment. Everything is in German, and only sometimes, we could find some information in English. It was hard most of the times to communicate with the staff as they simply wouldn't understands us. They speak fluent German as they are trained for it.

In conclusion, I recommend and would definitely return to this hotel, as it is a first class hotel with everything you could want for a fantastic and relaxed summer vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank CaribbeanLover84
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

The main feature is child free vacation.

Pluses: quiet place for adult place, mostly german tourists
Very new property,clean and stylish
Great clean free form pool sigh bridges and terrases
Nice pool bar, good new beach furniture
Good food, service,stuff
Minuses: new developing area Bogaskent with contructions,not enough greenery and trees
Glass doors to wc and shower cabine, no bathtube, narrow twin beds

• Stayed: May 2012