“Very nice hotel but far from city of belek”

TUI SENSIMAR Belek Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Hotel itself is very nice, food ok,staff polite, peaceful and quiet, great pool and not a bad beach, but hotel is far from city center- like 7-8 km, nothing in area to see, and problem with rooms that don't have sea view is that they DON'T have terrace, only balcony door and very bad view. Overall ok hotel, would go back considering price is very low compared to quality you get.

Room Tip: Chose room with sea view, thrust me will worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Branislav L

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Not what we expected after three previous holidays in Belek area. Hard to believe the hotel is built 2011 as our Finnish travel agency advertised. Rooms, furnitures, pool , almost everything looked like has been used at least a decade. Cracks and holes in floors and ceilings. Beds quite hard. Almost same food everyday. Cats walking around main restaurant area, sometimes even inside. Snack-food in pool bars available, but pretty poor quality. Beach was narrow. Only few waiters that undersood even the simpliest english. All activities in german.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor has in general only a limited sea-view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aprilman
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We just got home after one week in Sensimar Belek. Overall our stay was pretty good, but we did have some issues. This will be a long review so beware!
First of all, we loved the couples only formula! No kids, so no noise. Guest were mostly couples of all ages and some families. Definitely not just older couples.
The atmosphere is very peaceful and relaxing, but there also is plenty of day and night time entertainment if you are into that. During the day there are plenty of sport activities you can join, such as yoga, fitness, aqua aerobics or beach volleyball.
And there was a show, live music or special (outside/gala) diner every night. Some nights were better than others and if you really like to party this is not the place to be. Music was more catered towards older couples and overall there was not much dancing going on. Most guest were in bed around 23:30. One night there was a foam party at the beach, which was amazing! So much fun!
The pool bars are open till 00:00, and most guest were sitting quietly in the bars or around the pool. Drinks and cocktails are included and they have a good variety. I drank the local vodka one night and it made me very, very sick, so be careful with that. Beers and wine were fine.

The pool is definitely the best feature of the hotel. Very big and lovely! We never had a problem finding a sun bed. And because of the design of the pool it never feels crowded. During the day they bring you coffee, cold drinks, fruit and snacks around the pool.
Many guest brought airbeds to lay on in the pool, which seemed like a very nice way to chill and cool off. So bring one from home, don’t buy them in the hotel shop, it’s quite expensive! At a 5/10 min walk down the road there is a nice variety of shop with much better prices.

Our room was pretty decent, with a mini bar, safe, tv etc. I’m very fussy about cleanliness but no complaints about our room. However, we had to change rooms the last day, and the other room had a very bad sewage smell and some sketchy brown stains on the curtain.
As mentioned before, the beds are very hard and there is no separate bathroom, so the sink is in the middle of the room. Also keep in mind that the complementary vanity kit is quite limited, and they do not provide you with any shampoo, conditioner or body lotion.
The hotel promised free wifi in the lobby and room, but we never had wifi in our room and in the lobby the wifi was on and off.

The food was decent. The variety and selection could be better, there were not a lot of options if you don’t eat meat or fish. All the vegetable dishes were quite spicy, some plain vegetables would be nice. Desserts were a bit disappointing. Very repetitive and a bit tasteless. We did not got sick, so that was a plus!

Most of the staff members were very friendly, but they speak very little English which makes it difficult to communicate. Some speak German, but also very limited.
The biggest let down was that the medical staff spoke very little to no English. I got a serious leg infection the last night, and luckily there was a doctor on call but it was very hard to communicate so I did not feel safe at all.
I also did not feel like he gave me proper treatment or examination, he did not even check my temperature. I had to undergo IV therapy (in my hotel room) and he came to check up on me the next morning, after that he was nowhere to be found. I was helped by the nurse, who spoke no English at all. My doctor at home also found his treatment very strange and incomplete. Plus the medical bill was very high, so make sure you have a good travel insurance!
I also felt like the hotel staff could be a little bit more helpful. Nobody once asked how I was doing or if everything was oke. When we needed a late check out, because I had to get another I.V. therapy with antibiotics, they told us it was not possible. I had to walk to reception and actually show them the IV in my arm, only then would they give us another room, for extra charge.

Overall our stay was nice, but not outstanding. We loved the pool, the foam party and the outside sunset dinner. But I felt the hotel is missing some personality and a more personal feeling. Some areas, like the lobby felt very lifeless.
We would recommend this hotel for a relaxing stay. If you like to party, or want a very fashionable hotel, this is not for you.
And the medical staff not speaking English was not acceptable for us, we would not return to Sensimar Belek because of that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nini v
Reviewed 30 June 2013

As others have already said, I find it difficult to understand the negative reviews for this hotel. I guess that no place is going to please all of the people all of the time.

Our flight was delayed & so we arrived late at night. We were not offered any food but, given that it was 1 AM, we didn't expect it. We were quickly checked in by a friendly, English speaking, receptionist. A porter (also English speaking) then escorted us to our room.

Everything in the room was clean & in good condition. The hotel was built quite recently & everything looked to be quite new.

The pool was fantastic & the hotel's adults only policy made it a haven of peace & tranquillity.
We really liked the food. There was always a massive choice on offer in the buffet which varied quite a bit from day to day. We ate in the a la carte restaurant on one evening & although the menu was quite limited we did like what we had.

It's true that the majority of guests in the hotel are German but I don't see this as in any way a problem. Although some staff spoke very little English, everyone who we met was able to speak some. There was a varied program of events, which are not really our thing but most people seemed to enjoy it.

The beach is pebbles underfoot as you enter the sea (it is sand higher up) but we always wear beach shoes & so it wasn't a problem. There is also the option of entering the sea from a jetty which has steps that go down to the water.

I would say that the two outstanding features of the hotel are the staff who were universally friendly, helpful & attentive, & the spectacular pool which is so large, & in so many different sections, that it never feels crowded.

All in all, it was not quite up to the standard of some places that we have seen in the Caribbean, but then again it was around one third of the price. I would certainly visit again.

3  Thank chr1s_c925
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was my first trip to Turkey, and it wont be my last, after staying at this resort.
If you want to pall up with a load of Brits this is not the place to be, Drink service at pool and beach was great ,maximum brits 8 in total, but this did not put us off.
If you don't like screaming kids, then this is heaven on earth.
Everything about the hotel was amazing, food, staff, pool was out of this world.
Even with very hot evenings, and even hotter days, shade was always available.
Thiswas made up of mainly couples, of all ages.
All in all first class resort.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view if you book one, we took a refund after they gave us a side sea view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Popsie13
Reviewed 23 June 2013

cant understand some of the bad reviews arrived late about 11.15 pm so not really any food left staff left us some salad and bread ,next day after a good sleep in hard but comfy beds we went down for breakfast and was waited on hand and foot and had great food lunch great evening meal great and snacks all great staff very attentive all during stay .the pool area is outstanding and the attached beach also very good no problem getting a sunbed anywhere .true it is predominantly german/dutch but all guests seemed fine after all its not in blackpool weather was fiery hot all week .rooms at back of hotel are ok but don't have balconies but are cleaned every day staff cannot do enough for you all in all for a hotel abroad I give it 5 stars well worth a visit

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
1  Thank keggy100
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were dissapointed inmost aspects of this hotel. The arrival late on Saturday evening 1st June was met with no food or drink facilities, although a kind member of staff russtled us a beer and a sandwich.
Reception staff were never friendly or helpful.
Hotel caters for German, Russian and Dutch guests. Staff speak little or no English. Entertainment limited and mostly dancers.
Room was not what we expected as booked with Monarch. Sliding window with glass barrier on small edging was supposed to be balcony/terrace, so no out of room area. Reception staff said that we would have to pay 50 euros a day for a room with balcony or terrace!
Other staff and waiters were friendly and helpful, when they finally noticed you.
I would not class this hotel on a par with the last hotle we stayed in which was The Commodore Elite.
No rooms or chanding facilities available for late check out so we had to hang around the lobby all day. No hospitality.
Food bland and we left with upset tummies on the last day and still suffering the consequences. Beware!

Room Tip: Make your agent guarantee sea view and balcony.
1  Thank Valiain P