“Very good experience”
Review of Gloria Golf Resort

Gloria Golf Resort
Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've been here twice. First time september 2012 where I played golf. Second time i July 2014 with family and children. Both times a good experience. Maybe i would prefer to come out of season since there are fully booked right now which means not enough sunbeds at the pools.

There are so many activities for children, that you won't believe. Great.

The food is overwhelming and presented in a very delicate way, a good variety of vegetables and fresh and dried fruits, nuts you name it its all there.

4  Thank carokat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,664)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just returned from eight nights at the Gloria Golf Resort. Having never been to Turkey before I was unsure of what to expect.

The hotel itself is large and is part of an expansive complex which ensures you don't feel cramped. The grounds are impeccable and very tastefully landscaped and the hotel premises itself are immaculate, modern and well laid out. There is a main building and then outlying villas, blocks etc - we were in the main building which meant everything was convenient. You can hire a buggy if you are farther away, however the grounds are lovely to walk through and well lit at night. If you want to be in the middle of things - go for the main building.

The staff were fantastic, they were super helpful, polite, efficient and great with the kids. I've read a review saying that Russian was their main language ... yes, as the majority of guests are Russian so this makes sense. This said, we never had any trouble being understood and the majority of the staff had excellent English - I think a lot of it depends on your attitude towards the staff, and also whether you are an awkward customer or not. You're on holiday, a smile can work wonders. I also heard the staff speak French and German - so I think their language skills were excellent and certainly a lot better than the majority of Brits! I had one occasion where the waiter didn't understand what I wanted, he immediately brought out the Manager AND the head chef and it was resolved within two minutes with a bit of humour.

We never had any wait for lunch or dinner and found that there was plenty of sun beds available on the beach and by the poolside - which was a surprise. Sometimes the beds were full on the pier - but we managed to get a seat out there every day. It was fantastic for the breeze. There were different pools which catered for everyone, childless couples to those with younger children - there was something for everyone.

Food and drink were beyond our expectations. Branded spirits and mixers were inclusive, as were cocktails, whisky, nice wine. The a la carte restaurants were first class and the buffet surpassed your normal all inclusive buffet by miles!

We golfed as a family - again, fantastic service, first class rental clubs and the course was in great condition. My son had lesson and the professional was very good. The water park for our children (16.14 & 9) was great and not overcrowded at all. I would recommend this resort for any age group as the kids club was first class, the activities staff were lovely and helpful and the facilities covered all ages. Free cinema every night was a winner, and the nightly shows were excellent too. Oh, and the World Cup Final on the beach with a large screen was a real treat for my boys!

My only complaint was about one member of staff, and he stuck out because all the rest of the staff were so good. He was a life guard on the pier. We watched him day after day sitting at the bar, smoking and texting on his phone. When another life guard appeared he sprung into action and actually watched the water or cleaned the steps ... however on his own he was lazy and sullen, whereas the other one helped people, collected towels, chatted with the children who were jumping off the pier and actually looked as if he was capable of saving someone in distress. SO, what I'm saying is that if you are a weak swimmer make sure you swim when the bald life guard is on duty because if it's the overweight, lazy grumpy one he won't notice you drowning, and if he does I'm not convinced he would be capable of doing anything to help you!!!!

In a nutshell - great hotel, great staff, fabulous food, incredible beach and pier, and an all round destination for all sorts of holidaymakers.

Room Tip: If you don't want a walk to restaurants etc go for the main building. We were there and it wa...
3  Thank Ali B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel has wonderful premises but so far it has been the worst experience in my life. First, staff speaks very little English - Russian is the primary language here. As such, almost nobody understands what you want. As a result, this morning I ordered breakfast 2 times for the total of 1 hr and 15 minutes wait and neither time they got it right and my son and I ended up not having any breakfast at all in our room and opted for walking the great distance to the hotel main restaurant and eating there. so in the total of 2 hrs and 40 minutes we could finally go have fun. Just to make you laugh, I add that the second time they brought maple syrup without pancakes. Only maple syrup and tea. Great breakfast, right? needless to say, I did say I wanted 2 orders of pancakes. Both times. Secondly, it is important that you order buggies in advance. The premises are large and the number of buggies is insufficient and upon our arrival we were told that we can get one "perhaps in 2 or 3 days". Finally, if you ever experience a difficulty (as did I with my breakfast) that you would dare to wish to complain about and ask for a manager, somehow you never get connected. And when you ask that he called you back, he/she never calls. The only option is to go in person to the reception to complain. I will try that tonight and let you know. So, today is day 2 of our stay here. My hopes are not high by now but let us see how things develop. Will let you know. For now, I cannot recommend this place. It is wonderful but staff is unable to tend to international clients other than Russians perhaps - and there I cannot say because I am not Russian.

3  Thank 777HanaF
Mustafa S, CRM Manager at Gloria Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Tripadvisor users,

We thank our guests for taking the time to share their feedback regarding their stay at Gloria Golf Resort.We would like to show our regret that we couldn't meet their expectations. In order not to prevent the repetition of misunderstandings the feedback was discussed with managers of the responsible departments.We would like to explain a few points which were pointed out. As Gloria Hotels & Resorts our ultimate goal is to ensure guest satisfaction with our staff and quality services.Naturally in all departments, firstly department managers and their assistances have English acknowledge. In any need either department members or department authorities, speaking different language help the guests and try to solve their problems.

Gloria Hotels & Resorts Management is one of the few hotels who are interested in promoting professional skills of the staff. Our Human Resource departments together with a quality department are following up performance monitoring and regular trainings among the staff. Therefore, all hotel procedures are in line with international standards and our staff is being trained accordingly to this standards.
We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and through constructive comments we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Staying here away the moment and we are really disappointed. Never enough sun beds to sit on and very poor service from indifferent staff which is a shame as the actual hotel is very nice. Just waited half an hour to be seated for lunch and we're ignored whilst other guests were seated. Asked what was going on and told they were busy. Well yes it busy because it is lunch time but there is a way of dealing with that and ignoring people is not the way. Five star hotel and grounds with 3 star service. Stay at the Cornelia de luxe it's a different class to this with regards to service and attitude of the staff!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Great facilities, broad variety and loads of activities (arts & sports for kids, good golf and tennis), surprisingly good shows in theatre. Dining is good with extensive choice of restaurants and service is excellent. The sea breeze makes the summer heat quite bearable! Highly recommended. Do try the all-in package which seems excellent value. I guess the only downside is that there is little to do outside the really nice resort unless you are ready for at least a 30 min drive!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank CH-traveller-2012
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Superb 5 star resort in Belek proving that Turkey and match the Middle East for exclusivity and luxury. Out junior suite could be better but the resort is so fantastic overall we will forgive them that. Never a dull moment from the water slides to the fish restaurants to the beach side bars to the sushi bar to the evening firework displays, cinemas, live events....this place seems to have everything. And in grounds large enough that you disappear and find some solitude. Top drawer.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tonywmassey
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This Hotel is very VERY BIG with beautiful green grounds everywhere, although it has 100 percent occupancy you really don't feel it because of it's size. It was always EASY to find sun beds anywhere at anytime whether it is by any of the many pools or even by the sea, no need to rush in the morning and reserve your sun beds before breakfast as many other resorts require! The main pool is never crowded, sometimes we felt we had our own private pool :) That being said it was never a tiring walk to get to different pools or to the beach, everything is nicely situated.
We are a family of 4 and stayed in one of the suites in the main building, the ROOM was very nice, spacious and clean, housekeeping was perfect, and a bottle of mineral water is replenished everyday regardless whether the previous one was finished or not. Being in the main building was quite convenient as we were very close to the restaurants and central to everything else.
The FOOD is very good with a wide range and many choices, the dishes are continuously replenished.
SERVICE was fantastic the whole time apart from the odd unfriendly waiter, and everyone is so nice to the kids and always wanting to please/help.
The KIDS CLUB is really great, and very big with many supervisors and a nice activity schedule.
In the EVENINGS there is a kids show and mini disco at the very impressive arena which is always a hit, but then after that there is a daily evening show which is really entertaining for both adults and kids, we attended "the circus on ice" show and another street dance show and both were great.
There are PHOTOGRAPHERS roaming the resort taking pictures of the guests which later have the choice to buy or not.
* Little gestures that make a difference:
- You are spoiled enough not to even have to bother with returning your towel as there are employees who are continuously picking them up off unused sun beds.
- Water bottles are always free regardless what board you are
- People with special needs employed and working in the buffet areas clearing and tidying up :)

If I want to be very very very picky and find something to criticise I would say it would be nice to have a bit of service around the pool area and by the beach, as you need to get up yourself and get what you need. The Clientele are mostly Russians so if you are looking to socialise a bit it is difficult!

CONCLUSION:
Absolutely loved this place and would definitely be coming back! Worth every penny :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank youngfamily08