“Fantastic Fantastic - One of the best holidays ever”

SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort
Ranked #33 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Fantastic - One of the best holidays ever”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Just home from 2 weeks at Letoonia, hubby, me 11 and 7 year old boys. I have never written a review before, but feel this time I need to. On arrival you have to fill in a registration form, which most hotels require and takes a couple of minutes. The staff on arrival were friendly. We stayed in bungalow room which was the same as shown on the website so we were not disappointed and found it to be extremely clean and the bed linen white and crisp. The grounds are immaculately clean and pretty with little statues and water features at every turn. The pool area is gorgeous and fresh towels are provided every day. Life gaurds on duty who are vigilent, my son fell off his float and the life gaurd was straight there to pull him out even though he could swim. My other son hurt his wrist and the lifegaurds came to us and got a bag of ice, called for a doctor and sat with us until she came. The spa in the hotel is something you have to experience. The steam room, saunas, gym, turkish bath and indoor swimming pool are all free of charge. There are showers and large fluffy towels provided. Me and hubby had massages and they reasonable. The food was well presented, delicious and plentiful.There is a snack bar which the boys liked which was burger, chips etc. As well as the main restaurant, there is a juice bar, ice cream bar and coffee and cake from 4pm - 5pm and a pancake stand. Now on to the entertainment - we took part in everything, water aerobics, archery, turkish dancing,step aerobics, football,volleyball,darts and the crazy game. We played pool, table tennis and mini golf every day. We enjoyed everything we did and had a good laugh. The whole entertainment team (35 of them) were absolutely excellent, they put on evening shows which were really entertaining and a high standard. The talent they have is amazing and we were amazed to see what they can do. During the day the team are around talking to guests and asking them if they want to take part in activities, they made sure they spoke to all age groups and all nationalities. As a family we would like to thank Titou, Nino, Lilou, Kimo, Willi, Erik, Billy and Yusuf for all the fun, games and laughter we had with you. The whole team are some of the nicest people we have ever met and we have fantastic memories of our time with you. The day we left the boys cried and so did I !! We we sorry to leave our little piece of paradise and hope to see you again this year if we are lucky. Yvonne John Aiden and Matthew

6 Thank Yvonne P
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Dear Yvonne,

We as Letoonia Family would like to thank you for your nice review and comments about our hotel. I remember your c-out date very well and hope to see you again as soon as possible. Please let me know for your next holiday in Letoonia and don' t hesitate to contact me for your questions. I wish you a lovely summer time.

Gamze Tekşen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My family and I have just come back from a 2week easter stay at letoonia golf resort. Although very picturesque and clean, very much to be sure about. Before you book. We studied many turkish hotels before choosin letoonia as this was our 1st time to turkey. Always holiday'ed in ibiza - escana . . Viewing hotel on the net previous to booking. Letoonia topped all reviews with no bad feed back. Which was exactly what we wanted to find. On arriving at the hotel after a very long day travellin we were inconsiderately asked to fill in slips which I'm sure could of waited until we had settled in and had a coffee. Staff at the reception were very inhospitable as we had booked with first choice to stay in the main building. We were told we had rooms in garden and would be stayin in a bungalow. Which we did not book. Unbeknown to us they only allow you the main building if your not english. The manager of the hotel was adament we would not be put in the main building and insisted we took it up with holiday rep. Who by that time was unavailable. We reluctantly accepted bungalows as we could see we was not goin to be accomodated anywhere else. This caused much stress as we as a family were tired from the travelling and just wanted to settle for our holiday. So not a good start. Food - good but not a lot of variety and very repetative, staff very pleasant and very accomodating. Well until the germans and russians began arriving. Then what was a very prompt in service went very bad. We would have to wait to get our drinks and staff seemed quite blinkered to the right nationality. Not very good letoonia. Although Restaraunt manager very welcoming and pleasant as you entered restaraunt. Entertainment, well it depends on the individual. Daytime I like to be left to relax as I work all year round in a very active job and at home as do most mums. But my partner, and my son of 21, daughter of 17 daughter in law of 18 didn't go to sit around7n but I was very disappointed as they were expecting much more activity. I.e beach parties, games, water sports and more. To which I new of only a few games which were silly and not very rewarded for. As it does not matter how old you are you like to take home certificates for reward of winning whatever it is you have achieved. Very few games were rewarded with medals. We don't want metal letoonia just bits ov paper with it written on. Is good enough. So this does not need to be expensive and will keep your holiday makers happier. Although I have to say the animators were cool!!! They were friendly and would come and ask if you were ok? And if you wanted to join in the very rare activities. But did not hassle you to join in. Special mention to animators nino, very good guy, funny, and friendly. Erik very nice lad. Kimo very friendly and accomodating. In all we had no problems with any of the animators. Titou thanks for the head massage and health advice. The only sympathy we had lay with the animators as they were to perform their talents as our evening entertainment. And yes it was very entertaining but I do feel that the hotel management could of had some paid entertaiment brought in. As this is what we are used to visiting escana and was what we expected. No disrespect to all you guys who put on the shows for us, but as a family we very rarely spent the evening together watching the shows. We expected to see repeats as we stay 2 weeks and understand it would be too much to organise different for each week as they all worked very hard. But we were very disappointed with hotel organisation of entertainment. But well done you guys you are all very talented and interesting to see. Sort it letoonia your staff are over worked. Rooms very clean could be better colour scheme. Pea green bit dull and sickly. Pinks reds blues and browns much nicer letoonia. I would advise don't leave anythin in rooms that you don't want anyone to see. As I do believe the cleaners are a bit nosey? And do have tendancies to throw bits of things away that you may want. So put it away before you leave your room. All in all a lovely stay and a well earned break for me and my partner. But 3 teenagers not so good. We enjoyed 2 days out. One at antalya shopping. And one on the off road safari. That is definitely a must do why your there. On our 2nd day there we were given a questionaire as to what we felt about the hotel.letoonia I think this is more apt on the day before leaving. To give holiday makers time to make judgement. As we filled it in sayin we were happy and would not visit spain again. But for our 2nd holiday in august spain is at the top of our list unfortunately. As I said we had a lovely time but your video of your holiday is not correct. As when we arrived we were told that the hotel came alive in june with its beach parties and fire eating shows. And this is not very fair to the early year holiday'er. Why should we only have part of what we could have in june til august. If this had been stated on the preview of your hotel we may not of chosen your hotel. Or may of waited until august to experience letoonia as it is when its alive. Thanks to everyone for making our stay comfortable. You will all know who you are . . . Denis the menaces gang. ..

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank mumvon
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Denis the menaces gang,

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind review about our Hotel. As we discuss all the points with our Department Head’s, we reach the result that you got the right room matching with your reservation. As we learn from your Rep, you did not join into the Welcome-Info Cocktail. Regarding the Guest Relations Daily Reports there is no complaint from your side about your rooms. In my Customer Service system the feedback of the guest is very important. Therefore I always say my team to reach the maximum guest feedback. Because of these reasons we make daily courtesy call and ask guests to fill questionnaire form. In my reports you have filled the questionnaire form on the third day of your holiday. As you write there you will not go Spain again and visit only Letoonia Hotel, because you like it very much. And at the end of your holiday on the 03.04.13 your mind is not changed as you wrote the similar comments. We called you two times from your room and both time you were saying, that you are very happy and no problem. Before your c-out I was also sitting with you at the pool bar and asking about your holiday. You told me that you like Letoonia very much, you had lovely time here and sure will come back. I am very curious about the reason which is changed your mind. If you don’t mind, please write me directly an e-mail to my following address: guestrelations.belek@letoonia.com. We hope to welcome you again in Letoonia.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

On arrival at hotel was a bit disappointed. There was mix up with rooms, had to be moved the next morning. Rooms were dated and smelt of damp. The rest of the hotel was good great facilities. Animation/entertainment team were fantastic special mention to Niño and Titou. I wouldn't rate hotel as 4 star more like 3 star.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Liza,

We already read your valuable comments and was searching about it. Regarding the information from Front Office Department we realised the rooms were changed because you would like to have 3 rooms next to eachother. There is no mistake about room types. We as Letoonia Management try always to reach the maximum guest satisfaction, because of that all the guest comments, requests and complaints are very important for us. We wish that next time you will come again to Letoonia.

Ayrshire
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This was my very first trip to Turkey with my girlfriend, I had heard some stories of Turkey in the past but was very quickly won over.

Simply going to go through this review with things i'd have liked to have know prior to the holiday.

Transfer from Airport to hotel was about an hour, not an issue, Hotel on arrival was very warm and friendly and a basic buffet was available between midnight and 1:00 am. A snug bar is open 24 hours a day offering Tuborg lager and a range oflocal spirits and cocktails.

We were staying in the bungalows, not quite what we expected, the rooms were very spacious and immaculately clean with a great shower, only slight down side, noise proofing could have been better.

The gardens of the hotel were stunning with lots of space and masses of activities to participate in, the activities we chose were: Step aerobics, archery, golf range, tennis, volleyball, mini golf and the turkish bath and spa all of which are included free of charge, (we also purchased additional treatments which were great).

The staff of the hotel couldn't be friendlier and the entertainment staff were the friendliest and genuinely nicest individuals we have met on any holiday.

I would agree with the previous review about the hotel not quite being 5 star but certainly 4 and a half. The food was plentiful, but did get a little repetitive, though not enough to put me off.

I always gauge a holiday by whether or not I would go back, so quite simply, yes in a second, we are looking to hopefully return in September, so if you have booked to go, you will have a great time.

Only word of advice we would give is if you turn left and walk along the beach do not be tempted to wander into the Gloria hotel complex as we did, it looked stunning and I just wanted a nosey at the golf course, but when we wandered out the complex and wanted to go back to the beach they would not let us enter and we had to walk 10km (YES 10km) around the entire complex to get back to Letoonia, still was adventure, hope this may be of use.

Room Tip: Main complex, would be quiter as it is carpeted.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neil N
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Neil,

It was a pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel. We would like to thank you for your time which you spend to share your comments with us. It was a very happy easter for us too. We hope that you will come again to Letoonia Golf Resort.

Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

What a lovely place! Excellent service, fabulous food, superb gardens and pools. Hats off to the animation/entertainment team. We recommend the trip on the land train to Belek, go to the old town of Antalya if you can to see a truly ancient city. We were delighted with everything we did and saw. Thank you everyone at Letoonia.

3 Thank WendyWoo31
Dear Wendywoo,

We would like to thank you for your lovely comments about our Hotel. We hope to welcome you again in Letoonia Golf Resort.

Best Wishes
Devon
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I booked at Christmas for a holiday at Easter. It was suppose to be 5 Star but I think their rating system is different to ours. We were put into the rooms in the villa part of the hotelnot in the main hotel. This did not worry us at first but it soon became obvious they were not the best option. You could hear everything anyone said as they passed the rooms or anyone who had high shoes on. The first night there were 4 girls who came home about 2am and it wasn't their fault but it sounded like a heard of elephants. The golf range was a joke as it was too short.The food was good the animation team excellent, special mention to Nino who was brilliant. The pool was too cold, I know it was early in season but there was noone using it. Sort these things out and it might be nearer 4 star then 5 star.

1 Thank NickTheCat
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Letoonia Golf Resort Hotel. Our Hotel is a 5 Star Hotel which has the policy, procedure and standards of Turkish Culture and Tourism Ministry. We try to reach the maximum guest satisfaction, because of that we have a Guest Relations Department which is trying to solve all the guest complaints. Regarding our Guest Relations System, if the guest complaint about any object, it will be reported as soon as possible to the related department. The guest will be informed about the result and guest feedback will be taken either it is positive or negative. We just would like to remind you, if you have any problem during your holiday please inform the Guest Relations Department. We hope to welcome you again in Letoonia Golf Resort.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I dont no where to start. Me, 16 year old male, and my dad went to letoonia on the 20th july to the 28th.We arrived to the hotel about midnight, as soon as we got there we were seen to straight away and were already taken back from the wonderful scenery that surrounded the hotel. We were tired from the travelling so we wanted to get to our rooms as soon as possible, we were only sorting the paperwork out for 15 mins so it wasnt to bad. We had a room in the main hotel due to the fact we didnt want to go in the bungalows due too bad past experience at other hotels. The room was fabulous, it was spacious, clean, tidy and had wonderful views. They were cleaned and the bar was replenished everyday. The next morning, we headed down to breakfast just only to be again taken back by the variety of breakfast that was on offer. They had a wide of food for example, cereal, eggs, sausages, pastries and pancakes. After breakfast we had a look round the hotel to see what we was in for, it was very pleasing to see to different range of activities that can be done for all ages. There was kids club, the entertainment team put on pool activities, volleyball and all sorts. I cant comment on the golf side of things because we didnt go on their. Family's will have no problem in finding what they want for their kids. What was also good is that they had their own private beach with their own water sports team, have to pay extra for this if you want to use this.

After when we had a look around it was time for lunch, we was spoilt for choice in where you could go. You could go to the main restaurant, beach bar, room service ;) or any of the a'la'carte restaurants. They even have their own kids restaurant with their own food bar if they dont fancy going in the main restaurant. We decided to go to the main restaurant, again spoilt for choice, grills, pizza, chips, salads, fruit, turkish food all sorts. And when it came for dinner their was again spoilt for choice. They put on turkish food nights, which was really gooodddd with a really funny ice scream man that tricked the kids, they also put on bbq nights aswell and were cooking them outside.

The pools and everything in the hotel is well cleaned, its immaculate. All the staff are friendly, caring, speak english and are willing to help if you have a problem. The entertainment team were amazing putting things on during the day, mini olympic games, and when it came down to the evening they put fabulous shows on in the theatre, lion king, Michael jackson tribute and variety shows. The have a club dance and song which is very catchy and easy to learn, everybody joins in this at the end of the shows. It is defiantly recommend everybody going to the saturday markets in the centre of belek, you can either get a taxi, which can be expensive they are on the door step of the hotel or you can get the free tractor which only costs 2tl but can be busy and does take a while longer, this however gives you the chance to see the views of the town and the new features they have added. DONT FORGET to haggle with the market shop owners to get the price considerable down, they dont mind, expect you to do it and you can have a great time and laugh dong it. The town is only about 10 minute drive in the taxi.

Overall though i would highly recommend this to anyone and is defiantly worth the price to pay, i wouldn't advice going the week it is closing for the winter.
The only thing bad is the noisy, inconsiderate, greedy russians, the pile their food sky high on their plates and dont even eat half of it, ignore them though and just enjoy your holiday and visit this hotel as it is fabulous.

Thank you and im coming again this yearr, so i will see you all there.

Room Tip: Bungalow if with family or main hotel if couple or with one child.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
23 Thank Robheath23
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.