“great family holiday 16/8/13-27/8/13”

Letoonia Golf Resort
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Just had a fantastic 11 night holiday with my husband, 16 +12 year old sons. Plenty to do for everyone. My 16 year old made good use of the night life!!. To make it interesting I would advise adults to join in activities run by entertainment crew ( keeps the calories down!!) Food varied, plentiful and of a good standard. Heard a few folk moan about food but honestly couldn't see there problem. Night entertainment is a good laugh and although it is all done by the busy entertainment team, the shows are well put together. Booked white water rafting which was a great day out, and me and my husband experienced a Turkish bath and massage at the lettonia spa which was wonderful. The rooms are a bit out dated, we stayed in the bungalows Block U 2731. I understand that the hotel is being refurbed this year. Animation team were brilliant and very friendly, as were all staff at the resort. The only down side is that you are a bit out of the way so walking anywhere at night is impossible. You can get the tractor (2TL) which is defiantly an experience or a taxi which is 20TL. Enjoyed the Belek market on Saturdays were you can bag a bargin if you barter. Another tip if you want to get a table outside you do have to play as dirty as the Russians!!!! For a change at lunch we alternated between the Beach Restaurant and the Mediterranean bar. You have waiter service which is nice. On the whole we had a lovely relaxed holiday, and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We thought we had booked a room with a separate room off which would have been better for our boys...
1  Thank karon s
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Karon,
Thank you very much for enjoying with us many of activities at our Hotel. We would like to thank you for recommendation Letoonia Golf Resort. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband, 9-year old son and I stayed here the first 2 weeks in August 2013. It's a large complex which should (and pretty much does) have everything, which we purposefully chose to keep our son busy.

Cleanliness:
Excellent - the rooms were cleaned everyday. And the entire complex was kept clean throughout, which is a tall order in peak season!

Service:
Fantastic, friendly, most staff cannot do enough to help.

Food:
Amazing, and how anyone can complain about the selection of food here completely bewilders us! They often do themed nights, and the outside BBQs are fab! Our personal experience of the A La Cartes (which you pay a small amount extra for) is that it really isn't worth bothering. Although you do get served, rather than having to get the food yourself, certainly we found the Fish restaurant disappointing.
It is worth visiting the restaurant across the bridge (by the beach bar) at lunchtimes - the menu is decent and you get the food brought to you for a change.
And if you don't want anything fussy, just a sandwich, then there's a toastie service at one of the Quiet pools from 1200-1800. You can grab a toastie from here and take it back to your sunbed.

Pool area / sunbeds:
Although we went in peak season we didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to get sunbeds. If you want beds around the main pool, then you probably need to get there before 8am. But we generally found it was a bit cooler on the grassy area beside the water (before crossing the bridge) and we always managed to get beds and sunshade at around 8.30am. The pools appeared to be very clean at all times, and the slides were never that busy! You can get ice-creams and fresh fruit juices between 11am and 4pm from the Vitamin bar poolside.

Spa:
I went once as I had a stiff neck. I had a deep tissue massage which was absolutely incredible - never had a massage as good as this. On the same visit I had the turkish bath with all over body scrub, which again was brilliant and my skin was glowing afterwards. Well worth it. People who had afternoon / evening flights were using the showers in the Spa before they went, so no need to pay extra for late check-out.

Rooms:
We booked a standard room and on arrival asked for a quiet room, and were given one of the bungalows in the garden area. This was too noisy (too close to amphitheatre) so we asked to be moved. We were instantly offered a free upgrade to the main hotel building. This was much quieter and, in our opinion the room was better than the original one we were given.

Entertainment:
The animation team were amazing and worked very hard. The evening shows (although we only went to 3 or 4) were always fun and really very professional.
HOWEVER - and this is our only complaint - the arrangements for kids activities was not right for our 9 year old. At his age, he fell in a bit of a gap. They had a mini-club for little ones, where you take the children to do activities such as painting, etc. They also had a teens club where the teenagers were encouraged to partake in games and sports. My son, like many boys his age, is very active and certainly did not want to be dumped in a mini club to do painting, drawing and young playing. He wanted to do the teen stuff but was too young. The only activity he got involved with was the football in the afternoon, but sometimes this was overrun by teenagers. Subsequently, we found that he didn't have much opportunity to meet other kids ... although he did make friends in the last 5 days or so of the two weeks.

Resort:
Belek is accessible by taxi or you can get the tractor ride. The market is worth a visit on a Saturday and my husband did go with a few of the other men to watch a footie game to a pub in Belek one Saturday. You can't really just have a walk down the road - the coastline is simply one enormous hotel complex after another.

Holiday-makers:
There were an awful lot of Russians at the hotel who don't exactly have the manners us British are used to, but don't let that put you off. Just ignore and rise above!

Overall a very good holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Amanda K,
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you here and thank you for choosing Letoonia Golf Resort Hotel. Please be informed, Teenagers can enjoy all the hotel activities with their adults. If there is many children, we don't allow to join to Adult's activities. If you come back to Letoonia, I offer you to come and visit our Office with your child. We can call our Animatuer for Teenagers and introduce him. Then your child can have better communication. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and 2 children aged 16 and 7 years stayed here for 10 days 8th-18th August and we had a briliant family holiday.
The resort was spotless. We stayed in a family bungalow room in block V which was just behind the main bar, which played music until midnight, however there was no noise after midnight and we didn't go to bed until later so the noise was not an issue for us. The room was adequate although the pull out bed was not all that comfortable (are they ever). The air conditioning leaked one evening and was repaired before we got back to the room at night.
The swimming pools were great. We used them all depending where we got sun beds. We all enjoyed the slides. The sea was warm but very salty.
The animation team were amazing. They all worked tirelessly providing entertainment day and night and all were multi talented. Special mention to Nino who is a huge personality.
My son joined in with the teen club where he met some very nice Russian teenagers, and was looked after by Kimo (an amazing robotic dancer) and Sergie.
The food was plentiful. I would recommend the Riverside and Turkish resturants for a change at lunchtime. The freezing cold cloth neck massage was a welcome surprise. We tried the Turkish and Fish a la carte options which were brilliant - so much food, but we were unable to book the highly recommended Asian restaurant due to it being so popular. That will be the first thing I do on our next visit as we will definitely be returning.
I also tried the hamman in the spa which was a lovely way to start my holiday and at 19 euros worth every penny. My husband went to the gym most days. We also tried the golf however it was too hot for us as we needed plenty of shade. The table tennis was a daily activiity after breakfast in a lovely shaded area next to the games room which had wonderful air conditioning.
One evening we saw turtle hatchlings on the hotel's beach - awesome!
As a family we can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. It is a nice memory for you if you saw the small turtles. It is very important for our hotel to protect the Caretta Carettas. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just returned from a 2 week family holiday at the Letoonia which was simply terrific. Upon arrival the staff made you feel welcome and this theme continued throughout the holiday, from the cleaners, waiters, bar staff through to the animation team. Everyone had a smile for you and seemed genuinely interested in making your stay as happy and comfortable as possible.

We booked the holiday relatively late so only the bungalows were available, which were fine albeit fairly basic. Food was a plenty and we were offered a good choice each day, which has not always been my experience of all-inclusive deals.

This brings me to the animation team. With 2 boys (10 & 14yrs), entertainment was important and these guys truly delivered! All the team were terrific and worked tirelessly from undertaking the daily program around the pool and beach, through to the live evening shows in the amphitheatre (different themes throughout the week). A special thanks to Titou, Kimo, Willy & of course Nino for their friendship and professionalism!!!

To conclude, we had a brilliant family holiday at the Letoonia and met some great people at the same time. We have the memories of the holiday on CD & DVD (thanks Titou) and have been practising our dancing since we arrived home!

Nothing negative about this holiday and would be happy to return again, next year!

2  Thank sean r
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Sean,
Many thanks to you for spending your holiday at Letoonia Golf Resort. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you here. You made us happy with sharing your comments. We hope to see you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Day 1:
Late arrival, but great service. What a welcome.
Day 2:
Loving the free, complimetary hats, definetly my style. Full on day, sublime breakfast, beautiful views, gentle breeze whafting in the air. The games began at 10am, full on if you wanted it, football v the russian national team or beach vollyball, no qualter asked or given, darts archery french bowls and shuttle board were also being played. That niht I collected my first of many medals, gold. England 1 - 0 Russia.
Day 3;
Today me and my family went on the slides FFFFUUUUUNNNNN they were amazing. Hours of time were spent on them. Later on that day, we went to Belek town, it was my Turkish delight of the holiday, and not busy at all! There was beautiful views and the Shop owners do not hassel you! Bonus. Also bring EURO'S NOT LIRA!!
Day 4:
Today was the day of the trip. My family and I, went on a cruise to see some spectacular sea turles! On the way there, we even witnessed a Turkish arguemnt, between our boat driver and a banana boat's driver! Its all part of the fun ey! We got to see a few turle but I guess boats scare them away and we even got to jump off the boat and swim freely for a bit. This was a good trip if you don't enjoy boats because, it only lasts for 2 hours and you get to see turles! fab. That evening I also got another medal for winning the pool game, running across the pool by running across stepping stones, my score was amazing, 12 steps! whoop!
Day 5: Day of rest, pools and beach, great food and drink ,staff are great.

Day 6, & 7 more of the same, also a special mention to nino and kimo (best animation team members!!)

Dear Mr./ Mrs. Smith,
Thank you for choosing Letoonia Golf Resort for your holiday. We would like to thank you for your kind review about our Hotel. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I will not talk about all the good things we experienced during our 5 day stay.
The only thing that I want to talk about is food.
The food experience was simply extra ordinary, it was like a rich safari into the food kingdom.
Variety, quality, taste, presentation, freshness, generosity,.... You name it.
I and my wife dared to try everything type of dishes served, it was all amazing.
I will make sure to follow the chef's news in my future trips to turkey.

Albara Itani

Dear Albara Itani,
Thank you very much for this lovely review about Letoonia Golf Resort. We always try to give the best service for our guests. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We visited mid August can't complain about anything except the wifi could be a bit better,but really it isn't that important .
Food was superb, the resort was spotless and the animation team where excellent. It is a very international resort with lots of miserable,rude and greedy Russians, but don't let that put you off as they are quite funny to watch and say hello to, as they get a bit freaked out that someone they don't know has said good morning.
Great holiday we saw hatching turtles on the beach at night , don't hesitate just book it,you won't regret it

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Steve,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. Please try to continue to say hello for everybody. It is nice to greet the people :) , either they don't understand it. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.