“Great break in the sun”

Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great break in the sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is our fourth holiday in Turkey and probably our best break to date. From the point of arrival to departure we found all staff very friendly and welcoming - just what was needed after a late arrival from what had been a very long day getting to the resort.

Food was excellent, plentiful and varied. The staff in the restaurants all work exceptionally hard, and they still found themselves on occasion being treated badly by guests. Even at very busy times at peak season there were tables available.

There were plenty of sun loungers available in our first week, but the hotel got noticeably busier in week 2 and we did struggle to find loungers after 8.30am...even though 8.30am was actually when towels could be placed. Not a huge problem, although just on this point we had our possessions moved mid-morning on 2 occasions by other guests wanting to be together. Cant say I have experienced that before.

The animation team do an excellent job in recruiting guests to the day time activities, and they clearly work hard to deliver a variety of shows in the evening to a high standard.

One thing that we were a little disappointed with was the kids club. We have a 5 year old daughter who went along to the kids club on day 1- she is quite out-going but she still found it difficult mixing with the other children, who on that occasion were all Russian, Ukrainian and Turkish. The other kids seemed to get along well enough with the Russian, Ukrainian and Turkish staff but our daughter was largely on her own (we observed this from a distance). Given the mix of nationalities on site, perhaps 1 or 2 staff from the UK would help? We didn't really try the kids club after that.

Our AC started leaking on one occasion. We phoned guest relations to report it, and went for our tea. 3 hours later when we returned to the room, the AC was fixed. That was really good service and rather sums up how the hotel seems to work.

Also, I have read somewhere else on this site that staff were rude. This wasn't my experience whatsoever - in fact, the staff have to contend with some appalling behaviour from guests and were rising above the abuse. My wife and I cant thank the hotel staff enough for their friendly and helpful approach to their work.

We would stay at the hotel again in the future, and have already recommended to some friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rickyb329
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. It has been reported to the Hotel Management. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.
Gamze Tekşen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sandhurst, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at Letoonia from the 29th August til the 6th September. We came as a couple aged 20 and 22 and were also meeting my family of 8 out there 2 days later as a surprise. When we arrived, it looked pretty much the same as the pictures. We stayed in a bungalow room which was a nice size for us both, and the service was great (on the first night).
It seemed that as the holiday went on, the staff stopped making effort with us and became rude and 'didn't understand English' which I thought was ridiculous as they were working on reception at a hotel full of English tourists. Whenever we asked a question like "where can we find out our transfer times?" the 3 people in the reception looked at each other and replied saying that they didn't understand.

The resort itself was actually ok, the pool was nice and there were always enough sunbeds for our group of 10 to fit on. The drinks were good too as there was a wide selection and they were not stingy with what was included in the all inclusive package. There was a lot to do on the resort, not so much for my age but I wasn't bothered as I came on a family holiday.

The food was not to my taste at all, I felt that it was the same thing every night which had been re-used and the only thing I could stomach was the pizza and chips which were still ridiculously greasy so I basically starved all holiday. The meatballs that we had on one of the nights were bright red inside, so after that I didn't want to touch the meat. You'll also find that no-one knows the concept of queues either which obviously isn't a fault of the resort but it was annoying.

On one the 3rd day, I left my camera on charge while we were down at the pool. When we returned the room, the cleaner had obviously been as the beds were made. My camera had been unplugged, and my English adapter was no where to be seen. It wasn't until I opened my suitcase to find that my adapter had been plugged into my hair straighteners which were still warm, so apparently someone thought it would be ok to help themselves to my belongings, which clearly I wasn't best pleased with. I decided to ring the reception who "didn't understand what I was saying" who then passed me onto 4 different people before I could even explain what had happened. Even then, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about and asked if I wanted the cleaner to come and clean the room again... So I gave up and let it pass.

The staff working on the resort were rude and unhelpful, minus a few who were only making the effort with us because we were giving them a tip. When we asked the man behind the cocktail bar if we could have 3 drinks and he had only made 2, we politely asked for 1 more and his reply was "I've only got 2 hands".
Not to mention one of the men that worked in the souvenir shop which we were the most annoyed about. My 7 year old cousin was having a look around the shop and accidentally knocked one of the 2 euro fridge magnets off the rail which gave it a tiny chip. The man picked it up shouting "ARRRRGHHH!", and threw it, smashing it on the floor in front of her feet before storming off. She and her 2 other sisters (10 and 5) were clearly petrified and it ruined their holiday as they were then too scared to go anywhere near the shop, which was unlucky for us bearing in mind it was on their first night and the pool bar where we sat together at night was next to the shop so one of us always had to stay in every night.
When we confronted this man, he and his boss "didn't speak English" and "didn't understand". We knew full well that he understood what we were saying by the look of guilt in his face. People like that shouldn't be allowed around children. And yet again nothing was done about the situation when we reported it to Guest Relations other than a complimentary bowl of fruit which I could've picked up from the restaurant.

So overall, resort was definitely not a 5 star, and most of the staff were useless and rude. I will definitely NOT be returning or recommending Letoonia to anyone, and neither will the other 9 of my family. I couldn't wait to be returning back to England on my last night which clearly isn't how you should be feeling after spending £800 each on a 7 day holiday.

1 Thank Marley2209
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Marley,
First of all we would like to thank you for your review. Regarding to your complaint about our souvenir shop I have contacted to you. Action have been taken. All your suggestions and opinions are very important for our Management. Thank you very much indeed.
Regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at Leetonia from the 14th Aug till the 22nd Aug. The hotel itself was lovely, the grounds, beach, customer service was excellent. The food was good but it could have been better. The waiters, Mustafa Isik, Aziz, Sezgin and Burcu especially were great. The only critiscm could be the supervisors and managers keeping a constant eye on the staff, if they spoke to us for longer than a few minutes the managers were on their backs. The animation team worked really hard to give everyone a good time. My son who is 18 had such a good time he didn't want to leave but we could not extend the holiday as they had no room. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms near the relax pool are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Gonul,
We would like to thank you for your nice review about Letoonia Golf Resort. As you also know, our emloyees should serve on time and also have a good contact with the guests. We try always to reach your expectations and have maximum guest satisfaction. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Place is wonderful, soft sand, sea isn`t far from hotel.
Hotel staff - exellent.
Often failure of electricity, as result - shut down conditioner and blocked safe. Must call service to open it.
Nonetheless problem resolve very quickly.
We stayed 10 days and returned relaxed.

Room Tip: Choose bungalow
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The resort and location is really nice. Pools, beach, animation shows, gozleme, food and drinks, gardening. Only complaint was that the room had bad ventilation. Luckily figured out a way to channel it out so that we can sleep comfortably. Excluding this disappointment, the rest of the resort was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Burak,
Tahnk you very much for choosing our Hotel for your holiday destination. Please be informed if you have any technical problem, you can inform the Guest Relations Department to repair it. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. We didn't get to stay in the main hotel as with all the other English tourists we got given a garden room, bungalow/ chalet; accommodation ok but needs updating. I think the main hotel is kept for what this hotel considers to be its more important guests Eastern European and Germans. There is a very low percentage of English guest at this hotel. The pool areas were lovely, although health and safety round the pool and slides need big reviews, only a few lifeguards not nearly enough for this size complex and the slides go into the pool where people swim, they are not cordoned off and we witnessed a few incidents where people came whooshing down the slides bumping into children- this needs addressing. Meal times were a constant battle. The waiters and bar staff here are fantastic and deserve medal as the only people I ever heard say please and thank you to them were the few English visitors, the other tourist are rude. Trying to find a table at meal times was awful, people pushing and shoving, not an experience I would chose. Luckily for us we got friendly with waiters and the helped us out. Food not to our taste, often cold And I have never seen Brussels , carrots and sweet corn served at breakfast ( obviously left over from night previous nights dinner!) we heard a few people complain re food. It was very Eastern European all the way - so if you like a good old English breakfast you will be very disappointed. One evening they had a baked Alaska evening which turned into total chaos - everybody just charged at the table with plates, hilarious to watch but people were getting squashed and some poor children were knocked to the floor which resulted at them in tears. The bakedAlaska was massive so enough for everyone but god this situation needs looking at - it was dangerous . I am sure it tasted delicious but we decided against getting involved in The chaos. Now to guest relations ..or not. During the day the say ice creams from 11am to 4pm I think it should read ice cream. The only flavour they wanted to give out was pistachio. What child would choose pistachio? If you were lucky they would then let you have caramel or lemon. But until one flavour was gone they would not open another, all very controlled. They did have chocolate, strawberry and vanilla but rarely was out. On the first week my husband went to relations to mention this, they logged it and for half a day the let children chose, however, the next day was back to one flavour - pistachio. So I went to see guest relations, just by chance I got to see the manager and was very polite to her but she got very defensive and I am still not sure why? Then because there was a queue behind me and she started to panic she asked me to move aside and totally dismissed me. The customers behind me were obviously there more important/preferred guests ( eg not from England) Animation team - nothing spectacular compared to other hotels . The only friendly one was a guy called Kimo, I guess the others just may not have spoken English, which is fair enough. But when they walk round the resort the don't even smile. Obviously we wouldn't go back to this hotel. There were positives but we found more negatives.

4 Thank Jackie H
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Jackie,
First of all we would like to thank you for your review about our Hotel. As I had spoken with you, I would like to explain the situation. There was a german guest waiting and because you are a lady and his request will take long time, I asked him to wait and listened you first, which you didn't realise. I told three times, that I am sorry because of the problem and I will call the related department manager, but you continue to discuss with me. Behind you, there were 4 persons waiting and I just asked you to come later to speak about your complaint with very kindly way, but you did not respect me and the other people and continue to complaint like you write in your review and left. Any way I was very sorry and spoke to your husband after you. I explained him all the situation and said him regarding my life style I don't want to break anybody's heart and said him to tell you this. Dear Mrs. Hill, please apologise me, if I made something wrong, but I did not. Please be informed All our guests are welcome in our Hotel and we try to keep erverybody satisfied here. It is doesn't matter where they come from. Thank you very much for your kind understanding. We hope you come back again to one of the Letoonia Resorts.
Kİnd Regards
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have just returned from Letoonia Belek and had a fantastic holiday. The animation team are brilliant, there's lots to do and we mostly had good service.

The only downside was on our arrival we were offered two rooms away from each other and our children are 11 and 9, we asked to be moved and were offered a very dirty, old interconnecting hotel room which we refused. We were then moved to bungalows next door to each other which meant either the parents splitting up or two children on their own in a room. Not acceptable but the hotel manager was unhelpful as was our rep. We ended up splitting up as a family.

The food is great, the restaurant staff fantastic, Zumba, football, aerobics, aqua aerobics brilliant and the shows were fun. Loved the pool area at night and the beach was fab,

The evenings were great, the effort the animation team worked very hard, Niño, Kimo and Yara in particular. My children loved the pool and football, my partner played football every evening.

Golf and tennis were great but you needed to play 9am latest due to the heat.

Our sailing friends took a boat out which was broken in 3 places, not advisable and the guy in charge was extremely rude.

On the whole I'd go back if the accomodation was more suitable for families. I have no idea if there were more suitable rooms as we were not offered any.
We had a lot of fun and laughter and have some great photos videos and happy memories xxx

Dear Jojobish,
We would like to thank you for your nice comments about Letoonia Golf Resort. If we have the possibility, we try to give our guests always a room where they prefer. As it is high season and the hotel is overbooked, it was difficult to reach your expectations. For any requests please do not hesitate to contact us before you come to Letoonia. We wish you all the best.
Regards