“Not a 5 star don't go!!!!”

Letoonia Golf Resort
Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend aged both 23 stayed here for a week from the 12th to the 20th sept! We met my boyfriends mum and auntie there as we booked separate holidays for flight reasons. We arrived early in the morning and were met by staff. The reception was very basic and we were taken to our room. We noticed that our room was interlocking with another and we realised the next morning it was his mum and auntie. We asked thomson not to be placed together as we wanted a slight bit of privacy! The next day we went down to see the manager and asked to move rooms he straight away said no and would not help us in any way and began shouting at us telling id we booked a family room We pleaded with him but he was disinterested and walked back into his office with no valid reason of why we couldn't move. We then contacted our thomson rep who said a different manager has said there was no problem moving and to go to reception at 10. We did this and the same manager was there who walked into his back office and made another member of staff tell us we couldn't move as there were no rooms! This ruined our holiday and after complaining the staff made our holiday worse! Our sheets were never cleaned where as next door were and they had a bed decoration including other people we met! The buffet was repetitive and food cold! Not near anything! In the middle of no where! Please do not go!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Rachel,
We would like to thank you for your review. Regarding to your complaint we have contacted our Front Office Manager. As we searched in our system the rooms which you stayed, exactly the same with your booking. There is nothing wrong. Please be informed only regarding the possibility we can change guest's rooms. After your request we tried to change your room, but you didn't accept it. Front Office Manager has been informed about your complaint about the manager at the reception. As all our Management Team and employees are very well trained about Friendly Service, Letoonia Team Members never have this attitude.
Kİnd Regards
Gamze Tekşen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just returned from a week at the Letoonia Golf and Spa Resort this morning and, what a great place!. Please don't be put off by the description that this place is massive. It IS a large complex (75 acres) but not so much that you feel you're on an expedition to get around. You are never more than a few minutes walk away from the many restaurants, bars or activities and everything is well sign posted. Do use the complimentary map for the first few days and you'll be fine. The gardens are beautiful with orange and pomegranate trees. A brook runs through this complex and small bridges link the rooms to the main walkway (feels a bit like China). Hotel has a distinct mythological feel but then this is because the area has a direct link to Zeus. The statues in the gardens and the fountain at the main entrance are fabulous. Although this hotel is advertised as "Golf and Spa" there is no golf course here. There is a golf range only. You will need to arrange your own golf (I'd recommend you do this from the UK as it's much cheaper). As a couple (aged 54 and 56), we stayed in the bungalows at the Relax Pool 1. Fantastic. About 6 steps from our room to Adults Only pool with a garden bar offering a variety of soft and alcoholic beverages, toasties and fruit. Rooms are spacious and immaculately clean; my only gripe is there is no handrail in the shower cubicle and therefore not suitable for the infirm. The main hotel is quite grand and we took the glass lift to the top just to get a bird's eye view of the main complex. Stunning! The food here is varied and all nationalties are catered for. You will never go hungry at this hotel. Room service is open 24 hours and I can't understand the review about the pizza and chips (we didn't actually go to Turkey looking to eat fast food). Visited 2 a La Carte restaurants; Asian and Turkish. Oh my word! Amazing service and food. Oh and don't worry that your diet will go out the window whilst on holiday. The Letoonia caters for this with the low fat options. With the exception of the sliced bread, all other bakery is done on the premises and the staff work their socks off. Didn't find anyone who couldn't speak English or who was rude. Some tourists yes, but not the staff. There are life guards around the main pool areas and at the beach. Plenty of activities with archery, darts, water polo, golfing range to name just a few. All free so a chance to try it out first. The speciality nights were amazing and I have never seen the size of tuna fish the likes of what I saw at the Letoonia (should be renamed the Letuna). Plenty of sunbeds and these are wiped dry every morning (you'll see this if you're up early enough). Gardeners work constantly to keep this place looking beautiful. The entertainment was fun and, albeit not West End shows, the animation team work so very hard to put on a different show every night AND this is on top of their daily activities. Didn't use the disco so can't comment. Firework display nightly at 22:00. Fab. Clean, fresh beach towels every day (some still warm!) and the same with the room towels. Public toilets checked and cleaned every 30 minutes with special toilet seat coverings supplied. All in all a perfectly fabulous place. Will absolutely return if only for the spinach pide! Thank you to everyone at the Letoonia.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Katie,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. As the Letoonia Family we are very happy to serve our guests. Please be informed there will be a big change at Letoonia Resorts next year after the renovation. You can contact us from the following e-mail address: letoonia@letoonia.com. We hope you come back.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is our fourth holiday in Turkey and probably our best break to date. From the point of arrival to departure we found all staff very friendly and welcoming - just what was needed after a late arrival from what had been a very long day getting to the resort.

Food was excellent, plentiful and varied. The staff in the restaurants all work exceptionally hard, and they still found themselves on occasion being treated badly by guests. Even at very busy times at peak season there were tables available.

There were plenty of sun loungers available in our first week, but the hotel got noticeably busier in week 2 and we did struggle to find loungers after 8.30am...even though 8.30am was actually when towels could be placed. Not a huge problem, although just on this point we had our possessions moved mid-morning on 2 occasions by other guests wanting to be together. Cant say I have experienced that before.

The animation team do an excellent job in recruiting guests to the day time activities, and they clearly work hard to deliver a variety of shows in the evening to a high standard.

One thing that we were a little disappointed with was the kids club. We have a 5 year old daughter who went along to the kids club on day 1- she is quite out-going but she still found it difficult mixing with the other children, who on that occasion were all Russian, Ukrainian and Turkish. The other kids seemed to get along well enough with the Russian, Ukrainian and Turkish staff but our daughter was largely on her own (we observed this from a distance). Given the mix of nationalities on site, perhaps 1 or 2 staff from the UK would help? We didn't really try the kids club after that.

Our AC started leaking on one occasion. We phoned guest relations to report it, and went for our tea. 3 hours later when we returned to the room, the AC was fixed. That was really good service and rather sums up how the hotel seems to work.

Also, I have read somewhere else on this site that staff were rude. This wasn't my experience whatsoever - in fact, the staff have to contend with some appalling behaviour from guests and were rising above the abuse. My wife and I cant thank the hotel staff enough for their friendly and helpful approach to their work.

We would stay at the hotel again in the future, and have already recommended to some friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rickyb329
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. It has been reported to the Hotel Management. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at Letoonia from the 29th August til the 6th September. We came as a couple aged 20 and 22 and were also meeting my family of 8 out there 2 days later as a surprise. When we arrived, it looked pretty much the same as the pictures. We stayed in a bungalow room which was a nice size for us both, and the service was great (on the first night).
It seemed that as the holiday went on, the staff stopped making effort with us and became rude and 'didn't understand English' which I thought was ridiculous as they were working on reception at a hotel full of English tourists. Whenever we asked a question like "where can we find out our transfer times?" the 3 people in the reception looked at each other and replied saying that they didn't understand.

The resort itself was actually ok, the pool was nice and there were always enough sunbeds for our group of 10 to fit on. The drinks were good too as there was a wide selection and they were not stingy with what was included in the all inclusive package. There was a lot to do on the resort, not so much for my age but I wasn't bothered as I came on a family holiday.

The food was not to my taste at all, I felt that it was the same thing every night which had been re-used and the only thing I could stomach was the pizza and chips which were still ridiculously greasy so I basically starved all holiday. The meatballs that we had on one of the nights were bright red inside, so after that I didn't want to touch the meat. You'll also find that no-one knows the concept of queues either which obviously isn't a fault of the resort but it was annoying.

On one the 3rd day, I left my camera on charge while we were down at the pool. When we returned the room, the cleaner had obviously been as the beds were made. My camera had been unplugged, and my English adapter was no where to be seen. It wasn't until I opened my suitcase to find that my adapter had been plugged into my hair straighteners which were still warm, so apparently someone thought it would be ok to help themselves to my belongings, which clearly I wasn't best pleased with. I decided to ring the reception who "didn't understand what I was saying" who then passed me onto 4 different people before I could even explain what had happened. Even then, they didn't have a clue what I was talking about and asked if I wanted the cleaner to come and clean the room again... So I gave up and let it pass.

The staff working on the resort were rude and unhelpful, minus a few who were only making the effort with us because we were giving them a tip. When we asked the man behind the cocktail bar if we could have 3 drinks and he had only made 2, we politely asked for 1 more and his reply was "I've only got 2 hands".
Not to mention one of the men that worked in the souvenir shop which we were the most annoyed about. My 7 year old cousin was having a look around the shop and accidentally knocked one of the 2 euro fridge magnets off the rail which gave it a tiny chip. The man picked it up shouting "ARRRRGHHH!", and threw it, smashing it on the floor in front of her feet before storming off. She and her 2 other sisters (10 and 5) were clearly petrified and it ruined their holiday as they were then too scared to go anywhere near the shop, which was unlucky for us bearing in mind it was on their first night and the pool bar where we sat together at night was next to the shop so one of us always had to stay in every night.
When we confronted this man, he and his boss "didn't speak English" and "didn't understand". We knew full well that he understood what we were saying by the look of guilt in his face. People like that shouldn't be allowed around children. And yet again nothing was done about the situation when we reported it to Guest Relations other than a complimentary bowl of fruit which I could've picked up from the restaurant.

So overall, resort was definitely not a 5 star, and most of the staff were useless and rude. I will definitely NOT be returning or recommending Letoonia to anyone, and neither will the other 9 of my family. I couldn't wait to be returning back to England on my last night which clearly isn't how you should be feeling after spending £800 each on a 7 day holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marley2209
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Marley,
First of all we would like to thank you for your review. Regarding to your complaint about our souvenir shop I have contacted to you. Action have been taken. All your suggestions and opinions are very important for our Management. Thank you very much indeed.
Regards

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at Leetonia from the 14th Aug till the 22nd Aug. The hotel itself was lovely, the grounds, beach, customer service was excellent. The food was good but it could have been better. The waiters, Mustafa Isik, Aziz, Sezgin and Burcu especially were great. The only critiscm could be the supervisors and managers keeping a constant eye on the staff, if they spoke to us for longer than a few minutes the managers were on their backs. The animation team worked really hard to give everyone a good time. My son who is 18 had such a good time he didn't want to leave but we could not extend the holiday as they had no room. Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: The bungalow rooms near the relax pool are great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Gonul,
We would like to thank you for your nice review about Letoonia Golf Resort. As you also know, our emloyees should serve on time and also have a good contact with the guests. We try always to reach your expectations and have maximum guest satisfaction. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Place is wonderful, soft sand, sea isn`t far from hotel.
Hotel staff - exellent.
Often failure of electricity, as result - shut down conditioner and blocked safe. Must call service to open it.
Nonetheless problem resolve very quickly.
We stayed 10 days and returned relaxed.

Room Tip: Choose bungalow
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about Letoonia Golf Resort. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The resort and location is really nice. Pools, beach, animation shows, gozleme, food and drinks, gardening. Only complaint was that the room had bad ventilation. Luckily figured out a way to channel it out so that we can sleep comfortably. Excluding this disappointment, the rest of the resort was a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Burak,
Tahnk you very much for choosing our Hotel for your holiday destination. Please be informed if you have any technical problem, you can inform the Guest Relations Department to repair it. We will be very happy to welcome you again in Letoonia Resorts.