We got flew back on 12 June 2009 after staying for one week courtesy of Thomson holidays. Having paid under £1000 for the pair of us we didn't know what to expect and chose the holiday based on trip advisor, however we were not disappointed.
Cleanliness 5*, courtesy and helpfulness of waiting staff/bar and entertainment 5*, food choice 5* though variety only 4*. There is a break in the food provision from 5.30 to 7.15pm so make sure you eat before then but the choice was great, don't recommend the a la carte unless you get an early sitting. We had 8.15pm sitting in the Turkey A la carte and ended up leaving because the chef was having an off day and wouldn't offer any choice!! Didn't try the Asian because of poor reports nor the Fish A La carte because we couldn't get in. Apparently the Russians don't like asian food so were being allowed to book two nights in the a la carte this meant that the English and others missed out big time.
Entertainment all day, a full day itinerary of sports, activities and aerobics. Lovely spa, but we travelled to the external Turkish Bath and had a great experience. The nice friendly girl will try to get you to buy drinks, food and treatments, just be firm and say No thank you. Be careful with price, we were quoted £17.00 each by Blair the Thomson Rep and then she charged us £20.00 each with no explanation!
We used the tractor ride to get to Belek for the day but there really isn't anything there, imagine travelling to Stratford Upon Avon, all the shops are geared up for tourists and at tourists prices. Though I must add that nothing is expensive out there. I heard that the trips to Antalya, the markets, cruises etc were pretty fantastic.
The lady selling the massages at the Letoonia is rude and aggressive, telling her to go away doesn't seem to work much.
We were in room 1532 in the hotel - there is a problem with the safe in the room (had to be rebuilt) and then only worked when we switched on and off the power - on the plus side, no thief would have known how to get in! The fridge didn't work because if you take the swipe card out of the room then it switches off but they do replenish it for free every day and includes still and sparkling water. The air conditioning system in the hotel isn't very good, we just left the door open - no problem with midges or mosquitos.
Anyway, we had an absolute ball, no one is allowed to reserve sunbeds before 8.30am on the beach or beside the pool and there is a token system so people don't just discard the beds. After lunch there are many people who go in so a good time to bag a sunbed.
There is entertainment for the kids, great swimming pools, separate area on the beach and free canoes and pedaloes. Pool bar, gym, inside and outside pools and jacuzzi's, steam, sauna, FREE ROOM SERVICE between 12am to 07:00am
We had a fabulous holiday at the Letoonia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort is a five-star Resort in Belek, just 45 kilometres from the city of Antalya. Embracing the magnificent nature and history of the Mediterranean, the Resort is spread over 7,5 hectar of land nestled among pine trees along the seashore. Guests sleep either in the poolside hotel, which boasts a celebrated spa, shops, games room, bar and restaurant plus an unsurpassed sea-view, or in secluded bungalows, which are hidden in between trickling streams, trees and flowers. The Resort combines activities for the whole family with a specialist golf driving range and putting area, designed to meet the needs of the passionate golfer. Natural beauty, historical architecture and a packed daily entertainment schedule for all ages will ensure that your visit to SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort will become the holiday of a lifetime. SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort's Ultra All Inclusive Concept means that most activities and entertainments are complimentary. The Resort comprises an outdoor semi-Olympic 2,400 m2 swimming pool, as well as pools with slides, indoor heated swimming pool, Spa and Fitness Center and 4 tennis courts. There is Open Buffet Restaurant, two Snack Restaurants and three A la Carte restaurants offering Fish, Turkish and Asian style menus, as well as numerous bars. Group golf and tennis lessons are part of Letoonia's All Inclusive Concept and in the evenings the whole family can enjoy entertainment with a range of shows at the amphitheatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Letoonia Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Letoonia Golf Hotel Belek
- Letoonia Hotel Belek
- Letoonia Turkey
- Letoonia Golf Resort Belek