“Twice in one year! Must be good!!”

Cornelia De Luxe Resort
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Twice in one year! Must be good!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We visited Cornelia back in April for a family break - myself, husband (25 & 27) a 7 year old ,1 year old and husbands mother (50's). Must say this was the most amazing holiday we have ever been on. As we have such a age range i can safely say that this hotel caters for everyone. Everything was simply outstanding.
Food was incredible, so much to choose from, we have the pickiest 7 year old in the world and she went up for seconds at Cornelia, Sometimes thirds!!!
The range of drinks, snacks etc was fantastic. It just seemed as though we were spoilt.
My daughter had never had a sparkler in a drink before so the bartender in main inside bar came over with a drink with 2 in! Was so lovely to see her little face light up. Its memories like that you cannot put a price on.
We had a standard sea view room, and i have to say it was beautiful. Everything felt modern and luxorious. Our toddler of 1 had a travel cot put up which was of very good quality. Made up daily.
During our trip our youngest daughter turned one. On the day before her birthday we had a phone call to our room asking us which restaurant we would like to be placed in for the celebration, where we would like our cake and champagne to be sent and other requests... we didnt mention our celebration to anybody at the hotel so they must have it set up on their system. Superb service. They gave our little baby the best 1st birthday anyone could wish for!
Entertainment was great, really enjoyed the shows and my husband really enjoyed the daytime activities.
Kids club was great, took great care of our 7 year old. Infact so much so she never wanted to leave!!
Animation Team V good. Friendly but not pushy. Took a shine to my husband because he joined in with everything so he was their best friend. They even went out of their way to give our girls medals to make them feel special. Such a lovely thing to do.
We have already booked to be back in October and we cannot wait, i can safely say the day we left their wasnt a dry eye in our family. We all had such a great time and felt so welcomed and cared for. Our daughter cried all the way back to the plane!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. We are now counting down the days until we return.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank mrssharpy22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We are going on our third trip to the Cornelia this summer. I cannot praise this hotel enough. The staff are outstanding - attentive, always willing to go the extra mile and always with a smile - they make the hotel what it is. The A La Carte restaurants are to die for. There are two which you can visit once per week, the Florian (International Cuisine) and the Nazar (Turkish), and there are three you can visit however many times you like with a 10Euro cover charge - Hedera (Mediterranean), Tai Pen (Chinese) and Sofa (French). My particular favorite was the Sofa restaurant. The Daphe Bar serves lovely food from 12-4pm, there are also snack bars near the water slides serving crepes, wraps, jacket potatoes, ice creams which appear to be open most of the day. We have stayed in both suite rooms, which were spotless and the mini bar was always well stocked (no extra charge). Jacuzzis in the rooms added that extra luxury. Rooms are full of little extras such as Dove shower gel and shampoo, robes, slippers etc. Towels for the pool are also provided fresh each day. We always had chocolates placed on our beds while we were out in the evening which was a lovely touch. Room service (included) is fast and the quality is high... nothing like an omelette and coffee served on your balcony to start the day! Breakfast in the main restaurant is very good - the variety is fantastic. Daytime activities are organised for young and old by the tireless animation team. They are not intrusive and kept our children (teenager and 7 yr old) occupied all day (and night!). The childrens club is great - Horse Riding, Banana Boats, pool games and competitions with a disco and presentation in the evening for the winners. There is also air hockey, bowling and computer games in the lower lobby. The evening entertainment is good, always a live show from chinese acrobats to musicals and a live band in the Daphne Bar. Every 2 weeks there is a Gala night where the restaurants are closed and the chefs and staff put on an amazing show and serve outstanding food. The cocktail list is extensive and the staff are more than happy to help you work your way down it, always refreshing your drinks so be careful! There is a bar and sunbeds on the private pier and a beach bar to sit and watch the world go by. There is so much that I havent said about this hotel - go there and try it for yourself - you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank SK001_11
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am on my last day of my holiday and just had to write a review about this hotel. Obviously I will update if this changes in the next 24 hours but I'm confident it won't. I have been abroad many times but never wrote a review on trip advisor (which seems now really silly as I rely on people comments etc when I choose my holidays) I came here for a weeks stay with 2 other adults and stayed in a swim up room. This has to be your selection of rooms, it's amazing!! We could have a quite and exclusive breakfast in the morning and enjoy the pool just outside your patio door!! The staff are so friendly and polite at ALL times which was lovely. The food is fantastic, fresh and all areas are so clean! You can have 2 visits per week to the fantastic a la carte restaurants but also pay a extra 10 euros per adult per night if you would like to continue using certain a la carte restaurants. In my opinion defo worth it as the quality and choice of food is out of this world. Lunch in the restaurant by the pool is yummy! Great choice off the menu. There is also a snack hut the other side of the pool that has fresh food being made all day, from hot dogs, wraps, turkish cuisine to the most lush baked potatoes! The water slides are a bit of fun Too! The evening entertainment is superb and also the day time activities around the pool and beach are great fun and well organised. The jetty on the beach allows you to sun bathe on sun beds, this is a great touch, it's VERY hot this time of year so the lovely sea breeze on you while topping up the tan is a must. Trying to find fault with this holiday is a hard one!! There were a couple of minute things, not a great deal of English visitors (not sure if that's a bad thing or not lol??) the maid could of put a little more effort in cleaning the room but I'm scraping the barrel here, I would not normally even mention silly things like that but I want people to see how good my experience really was. I would say this holiday would suit everyone of ALL ages and I would live to come back. Hope this has been useful and if you decide to come your experience is as good if not better than mine. Pack lots of sun lotion - it's hot hot hot!!

• Stayed July 2011
10 Thank Annamarie2011
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2011

absolutely shocked by the negative reviews in here.
Reading them is making me think...'did we really go to the same hotel?'
I visited the Cornelia last year in august and I am returning this year again in august. I would also like to say that the hotel has had something like 50,000 repeat guests this year. And if that doesn't say something about how fantastic the hotel is, I do not know what you people want haha!
Firstly, the staff at this hotel could not do more to make your stay more fantastic. Everyone always has a smile on their face and so so friendly- they are always up for having a conversation with you, never intrusive though. The animation team at the hotel are the best I have ever seen! They can entertain kids of all ages and even the adults. They do so much that everyone can get involved in. The animation team are so humorous, the shows they put on in the evening are wonderful..a different one every night- it's a wonder how they manage to do this and still keep the kids entertained each day! They do so much for the hotel and it just makes the atmosphere that bit more lively and friendly. I'm finding it hard to put what I want to say into words... But one thing is the staff are definitely NOT ignorant NOT rude and definitely NOT un interested in the guests.
The food is in describable, so delicious. All of the a la cartes are heavenly and have so much variety, the quality of the food is amazing...personally I would recommend the Tai Pen a'la carte mmm!
The facilities of the Cornelia are fabulous, the pools are great, the drinks are great, the spa is great, the entertainment is great, the bars are great, the gym is great...oh I could go on!
I could not speak more highly of this hotel and if you have read a negative review about anything about the Cornelia de luxe, all i can say is believe what you wish because it will be you who misses out but from me I would say ignore them and go book at the Cornelia for your self and experience what luxuries they will offer you.
I am so so so excited to return this year and I am counting down the days believe you me.
Ps. This hotel is in the top #5 hotels in Belek...just saying;)
I hope you found this review helpful. I could go on and in about every detail of this hotel but I'll leave that for you to find out yourself :D

• Stayed August 2010
16 Thank HH2011
Lincolnshire, England
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed at Cornelia for 11 nights 10th-22nd June and our 2nd visit to this hotel (our first in May 2009) Did wonder if the hotel would live up to our expectations and be as we 'remembered' it through our 'rose tinted sun-specs'! It was certainly as good and in some instances better.
Our room: (5126) on top floor, was nice & quiet (I emailed the hotel as returning guests & asked for a quiet room) Twin beds, decent size room, lovely sea view, with a small balcony. Immaculately clean, with modern bathroom, bathrobes, slippers & Dove shower gel / Shampoo plus additional toiletries (incl toothbrushes / paste, razor etc etc) No tea/coffee facilities but took travel kettle & teabags / sugar and got a glass of milk each day from breakfast (or could get tea/coffee via room service) Minibar restocked each day 2 x beer + water & various soft drinks. Bottle of red wine and fruit basket on arrival (not sure if that was in all rooms or because we were repeat guests?)
Pools: Big, Lovely, nice temperature (was too cold to swim in last hol in early May!) spotlessly clean, gets busier nearer the slides with older children, but also a v good childrens pool play area away from main pools which is gated and has shade.
Bars: Harmonia (indoor) not very busy as entertainment outside but good service & nice atmosphere. Daphne (outdoor) was busy in evening as live music on & as such service slower. Celeste:(indoor) Beautiful, but no guests in there when we called in! .Olea (outdoor) Nice relaxed outdoor seating and a bit quieter. Plus small beach bar - but limited drinks.
Main Buffet - good choices, good quality, efficient staff especially waiter called Necati who was always happy, friendly and v v attentive. Service a little slower on his day off!
Drinks: Red wine pretty good (better quality wine served in a la cartes where the full bottle is left for you and replenished when the first ones gone!) White wine - not so keen on that nor Rose (but plenty were drinking it) 'Champagne' very drinkable! Spirits - local unless you ask for imported. Beer - good but not as good as Efes! Cocktails Varied - from the bar v good, those handed out after the show, some good, some yuk (but thats personal choice)Try the Peach one with ice cream from the table set up near the beach bar during the day! Gorgeous!
Daphne: Ate here each lunchtime. Good choice from menu.pasta pizzas, some traditional Turkish dishes, plus grill. Salad Bar etc. Service again from Necati was excellent! We tipped him now and then and he was so efficient regardless of tips.
A la Cartes: There are 5 plus BBQ. We tried them all! Fail to understand the 10 Euro per person surcharge at 3 of these?? Not a cheap AI hotel so don't agree paying extra (on our last visit there was no charge) understand from other guests some other hotels in area charge full cost of meal in all A la Cartes and also for drinks in some bars so I guess it wasn't too bad. Had no problem booking, a good and fair system via your room telephone. Hedera (Mediterranean) & Sofa (French) (both 10 Euro) Beautiful, high quality meals at both, in proper restaurant surroundings. Service in Hedera v v good, in Sofa a little slower. Worth the surcharges. Would expect to pay £50 + pp at home plus wine for similar. Tai Pen (Oriental)(10 Euro) Nice meal, as good as our last visit, but don't see why there is now a surchage as menu is not as 'expensive' to produce as others. Nazar (Turkish) Meze (11 dishes!) v good, starter good but think we chose wrong main course as a bit disappointing (the sauce it came with tasted like tomato ketchup & next table's mains looked better!) Service a little slow, kept forgetting our drinks.But overall a nice change from the buffet. Florian. (International) Had two meals here. Both v good. (Would expect to pay around £40 pp at home for similar quality) V Good choice, good service - no strawberries on desert menu , but asked and was brought a plateful with cream! Yum. BBQ. This is on 3 x times a week and booked as per A la Carte. Food was good but disappointed in venue.(beyond the swim up rooms in an open grassed area) No atmosphere, not very many people there. Compared to rest of hotel etc a few parasols on the tables and decoration would improve it and maybe some Turkish music? But again a change from the buffet restaurant.
Beach: Good, but narrow, with shaded areas & sunbeds, plus wooden pier / jetty with beds and some shade - BUT - beds on jetty were 'reserved' with towels early!! We just carried a couple of beds up from the beach if none available and there was room. - lovely breeze so prefered this to pool area as can get v v hot as little or no breeze at times and more noisy.
Sunbeds: As mentioned most 'reserved' early - some as early as 5.30 am I was told by other guests! And some never used all day. E.G. on the jetty 3 Russian adults + 1 child 'reserved' 6-8 beds each day, some on each side so they didn't have to move beds round to follow the sun, just swap beds!! BUT at any one time there was only 2 or 3 in use or they sat on the benches in the shade, or disappeared altogether for a couple of hours!! (presumably to their poolside beds!) During this time many other people were unable to find beds / spaces. Very annoying! That said, we managed ok each day and only put towels out at 9.00 am on two days to make sure we got on the jetty as was v v hot around the pools as little breeze and mid to high 30's C.
Entertainment: Good professional acts, Turkish traditional dancers, belly dancers (v good and not in the least sleezy). Kenyan acrobats v good too. Live music varied from v good playing everything from the Eagles to Sting & even Pink Floyd to an aged pub singer type act (retirement age in glittery jacket and leapard print trousers!?) Only disappointment was nowhere quiet to sit and enjoy the waves lapping on the shore with a nice drink and some unobtrusive background music (or turkish musicc) There are some seats overlooking the beach but you get the loud music blaring out from the next hotel spoiling it. Similar problem at times around the pool during the day - this hotel does not play loud music in the daytime, but the hotel next door does at times! Daytime activities: There if you want to take part (we didnt) but not 'in your face' etc.
Spa / Beauty salon: Didnt use as was very expensive.
A mix of nationalities but very predominantly Russian / Eastern European, some Dutch / Brits + a few German / French. No major probs with any of them though Russian / Eastern block are some of most miserable I've seen! - even on holiday! And rude e.g pushing infront of you into lift etc - just not British is it!
Overall: Superb hotel, imaculately clean everywhere (there is always someone cleaning & polishing something!) Very good service,staff, friendly, helpful & efficient, food above average, a la cartes very, very good. Good facilities. Free Wi-Fi in hotel. Would not hesitate to recommend. Would we go back? Yes if visiting with friends / family as done this hotel / area twice on our own now. If anyone has specific questions please get in touch as I'd be happy to help if I can

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank drichy
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We have previously visited the Deluxe last September. Had a lovely time and whilst this time our room was noisy due to the hotel next door we were having a nice time. Reading other reviews there is obviously some scam going on at this hotel where small amounts of money is being taken from peoples rooms. When reported the hotel
deny all knowledge the guest service rep was rude and
unprofessional and they state this has never happened before. Yet
previous trip advisors would
disagree one person reports having money taken from their safe! The hotel says they will call the police but as your holiday is spoilt already dealing with the police would be more agro than its worth. This is obviously why only small amount £20/£30 are taken. Look
after your valuables!!!

• Stayed June 2011
8 Thank Charliesange
Berkshire
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was our 2nd stay at the Cornelia and I am pleased to say that the high standards are still being maintained. The service is excellent in all the bars and restaurants and staff were attentive and friendly. We are not great fans of the main buffett restaurant so used the ala carte as much as possible. Unfortunately since our last stay there is now a charge at 3 of them (10 euros each) and you can only use each restaurant once during the week. We used the Daphne bar for lunch and there is plenty of choice. There are plenty of branded drinks at all the bars, which is a plus unlike all inclusive in other countries.

The only down side for us was that we were unable to get a room in the main hotel or junior suites so had to stay in the Garden rooms, which are definitely not as good and seen detached from the rest of the hotel. You still get the usual things like daily replenished bar, good bathroom and dressing gowns but the rooms are a little bleak and appear tired.

The evening entertainment really isn't that bad and the animation staff work hard but do not put any pressure on you to take part. The gala night was as good as before and it is always interesting to hesr what percentage of the guests are British. There were over 30 nationalalities in all with 18% of which was British, 2nd place to Russians who had about 30%.

This is the only hotel that I have returned to and I can say that for a holiday in wonderfully kept surroundings/gardens with 1st class maintenance and cleanliness, good food, with plenty of choice and a constant stream of drinks then this is for you.

I should add that during the 8 days that we were there the temperature was hitting 100%f constantly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple