“Good Food & Service but avoid the trip to hospital..!”

Cornelia De Luxe Resort
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We're a couple in our early 30's and we stayed from the 5th-12th July 2011 and stayed in one of the swim up rooms which was very nice and well worth paying the extra for. The weather was fantastic 45 degrees in the day and 28 at night.

We had a couple of small issues with the rooms, mainly the bed, which as previously mentioned was like concrete, sun beds get reserved early (in the swim up area) so you have to be quick! and we had a room near the bar which meant everybody walked across our balcony to get there, giving us no privacy.

There's plenty of sunbeds around the main pool, and a very nice garden area. Somebody mentioned being served drinks whilst you lay by the pool, a very nice thought that we were looking forward to, but it never happened. Apart from that the service is excellent as is the food, nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
It's well worth paying to eat in the a la carte restaurants, especially the Tai Pen.

The evening entertainment however, is poor to say the least and the hotel is nowhere near any other bars etc so there was very little for us to do in the evenings. We got a cab into Belek one evening and managed to find a bar, but after after paying €8 a drink we quickly came back to the hotel!

Belek as a town has very little to offer, loads of fake designer shops (ask for the price then haggle) and very little else. When you get a cab the taxi driver will try to get a return fare out of you by dropping you at his friends shop and then trying to make you return there when you're ready to be picked up, refuse otherwise you'll be hunting for the shop all night!

There was a lot of kids in the hotel and i'd suggest that it's more suited to families with kids rather than couples. There's also a lot of nationalities including Russian, French, and Turkish, all of which were very polite and everybody got on very well.

Top Tip - Don't go to the Hotel doctor unless you're about to die. We both had upset stomaches on the last day and my partner went to see him to try to get something to help make the journey home more comfortable. He sent her to hospital for 5 hours where she had all sorts of tests & drips put in her arm, and they even tried to make her stay overnight before we drew the line and walked out €480 lighter!

Unfortuantely this meant we missed our last evening.

My advice is....if you've already booked then, it's a good hotel with excellent staff and catering and I'm sure you'll have a great time, however if you haven't booked yet I'd do some more research as I'm sure there's better out there, particularly if you're a kid-less couple.

Would we go back? No. And that's mainly because we wouldn't go back to Belek, but also because of the lack of anything to do in the evenings.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a swim up room (or even a garden room) its well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TheMarr76
Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 12 July 2011

This hotel is a true 5 Star the stafff work very hard. Every little detail is thought of and the food is like michelin star in all the A La Cartes. You may think this hotel is pricey but for a 24 hour all inclusive its worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mitcha44
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just returned home from a week in a junior swim up suite. There is little new that I can add to the reviews this hotel. It is a stylish masterpiece of understated glamour. Despite its luxurious appearance there is a relaxed feeling throughout the whole hotel. Staff were polite and attentive. The hotels operates like a well oiled machiine. This was particularly evident during the Gala Dinner evening. Ignoring the mad dash at the start of the evening for "the best table", this dinner and show was a delightful highlight of our week. Our suite was in a very quite corner of the resort and was perfectly placed to get away from the bustle of the main hotel but still only a few minutes walk along the colourful flower lined path to everything. If I had to criticise anything it would be the paper cups you were served with if you wished to have a drink by the pool or at the evening show. I understand the H & S reasons but shatter proof plastic would make the cocktails and wine taste so much better (I know its petty), The entertainment was a good standard and enjoyable but three acrobat shows were a bit repetitive in a week.

All in all, a jolly lovely week to relax in great surroundings.

Room Tip: There are a few swim up suite that dont actually swim up. I would be a bit disappointed if I had got...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank JaquiScotland
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We visited Cornelia back in April for a family break - myself, husband (25 & 27) a 7 year old ,1 year old and husbands mother (50's). Must say this was the most amazing holiday we have ever been on. As we have such a age range i can safely say that this hotel caters for everyone. Everything was simply outstanding.
Food was incredible, so much to choose from, we have the pickiest 7 year old in the world and she went up for seconds at Cornelia, Sometimes thirds!!!
The range of drinks, snacks etc was fantastic. It just seemed as though we were spoilt.
My daughter had never had a sparkler in a drink before so the bartender in main inside bar came over with a drink with 2 in! Was so lovely to see her little face light up. Its memories like that you cannot put a price on.
We had a standard sea view room, and i have to say it was beautiful. Everything felt modern and luxorious. Our toddler of 1 had a travel cot put up which was of very good quality. Made up daily.
During our trip our youngest daughter turned one. On the day before her birthday we had a phone call to our room asking us which restaurant we would like to be placed in for the celebration, where we would like our cake and champagne to be sent and other requests... we didnt mention our celebration to anybody at the hotel so they must have it set up on their system. Superb service. They gave our little baby the best 1st birthday anyone could wish for!
Entertainment was great, really enjoyed the shows and my husband really enjoyed the daytime activities.
Kids club was great, took great care of our 7 year old. Infact so much so she never wanted to leave!!
Animation Team V good. Friendly but not pushy. Took a shine to my husband because he joined in with everything so he was their best friend. They even went out of their way to give our girls medals to make them feel special. Such a lovely thing to do.
We have already booked to be back in October and we cannot wait, i can safely say the day we left their wasnt a dry eye in our family. We all had such a great time and felt so welcomed and cared for. Our daughter cried all the way back to the plane!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. We are now counting down the days until we return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank mrssharpy22
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We are going on our third trip to the Cornelia this summer. I cannot praise this hotel enough. The staff are outstanding - attentive, always willing to go the extra mile and always with a smile - they make the hotel what it is. The A La Carte restaurants are to die for. There are two which you can visit once per week, the Florian (International Cuisine) and the Nazar (Turkish), and there are three you can visit however many times you like with a 10Euro cover charge - Hedera (Mediterranean), Tai Pen (Chinese) and Sofa (French). My particular favorite was the Sofa restaurant. The Daphe Bar serves lovely food from 12-4pm, there are also snack bars near the water slides serving crepes, wraps, jacket potatoes, ice creams which appear to be open most of the day. We have stayed in both suite rooms, which were spotless and the mini bar was always well stocked (no extra charge). Jacuzzis in the rooms added that extra luxury. Rooms are full of little extras such as Dove shower gel and shampoo, robes, slippers etc. Towels for the pool are also provided fresh each day. We always had chocolates placed on our beds while we were out in the evening which was a lovely touch. Room service (included) is fast and the quality is high... nothing like an omelette and coffee served on your balcony to start the day! Breakfast in the main restaurant is very good - the variety is fantastic. Daytime activities are organised for young and old by the tireless animation team. They are not intrusive and kept our children (teenager and 7 yr old) occupied all day (and night!). The childrens club is great - Horse Riding, Banana Boats, pool games and competitions with a disco and presentation in the evening for the winners. There is also air hockey, bowling and computer games in the lower lobby. The evening entertainment is good, always a live show from chinese acrobats to musicals and a live band in the Daphne Bar. Every 2 weeks there is a Gala night where the restaurants are closed and the chefs and staff put on an amazing show and serve outstanding food. The cocktail list is extensive and the staff are more than happy to help you work your way down it, always refreshing your drinks so be careful! There is a bar and sunbeds on the private pier and a beach bar to sit and watch the world go by. There is so much that I havent said about this hotel - go there and try it for yourself - you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank SK001_11
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I am on my last day of my holiday and just had to write a review about this hotel. Obviously I will update if this changes in the next 24 hours but I'm confident it won't. I have been abroad many times but never wrote a review on trip advisor (which seems now really silly as I rely on people comments etc when I choose my holidays) I came here for a weeks stay with 2 other adults and stayed in a swim up room. This has to be your selection of rooms, it's amazing!! We could have a quite and exclusive breakfast in the morning and enjoy the pool just outside your patio door!! The staff are so friendly and polite at ALL times which was lovely. The food is fantastic, fresh and all areas are so clean! You can have 2 visits per week to the fantastic a la carte restaurants but also pay a extra 10 euros per adult per night if you would like to continue using certain a la carte restaurants. In my opinion defo worth it as the quality and choice of food is out of this world. Lunch in the restaurant by the pool is yummy! Great choice off the menu. There is also a snack hut the other side of the pool that has fresh food being made all day, from hot dogs, wraps, turkish cuisine to the most lush baked potatoes! The water slides are a bit of fun Too! The evening entertainment is superb and also the day time activities around the pool and beach are great fun and well organised. The jetty on the beach allows you to sun bathe on sun beds, this is a great touch, it's VERY hot this time of year so the lovely sea breeze on you while topping up the tan is a must. Trying to find fault with this holiday is a hard one!! There were a couple of minute things, not a great deal of English visitors (not sure if that's a bad thing or not lol??) the maid could of put a little more effort in cleaning the room but I'm scraping the barrel here, I would not normally even mention silly things like that but I want people to see how good my experience really was. I would say this holiday would suit everyone of ALL ages and I would live to come back. Hope this has been useful and if you decide to come your experience is as good if not better than mine. Pack lots of sun lotion - it's hot hot hot!!

• Stayed: July 2011
10  Thank Annamarie2011
Reviewed 3 July 2011

absolutely shocked by the negative reviews in here.
Reading them is making me think...'did we really go to the same hotel?'
I visited the Cornelia last year in august and I am returning this year again in august. I would also like to say that the hotel has had something like 50,000 repeat guests this year. And if that doesn't say something about how fantastic the hotel is, I do not know what you people want haha!
Firstly, the staff at this hotel could not do more to make your stay more fantastic. Everyone always has a smile on their face and so so friendly- they are always up for having a conversation with you, never intrusive though. The animation team at the hotel are the best I have ever seen! They can entertain kids of all ages and even the adults. They do so much that everyone can get involved in. The animation team are so humorous, the shows they put on in the evening are wonderful..a different one every night- it's a wonder how they manage to do this and still keep the kids entertained each day! They do so much for the hotel and it just makes the atmosphere that bit more lively and friendly. I'm finding it hard to put what I want to say into words... But one thing is the staff are definitely NOT ignorant NOT rude and definitely NOT un interested in the guests.
The food is in describable, so delicious. All of the a la cartes are heavenly and have so much variety, the quality of the food is amazing...personally I would recommend the Tai Pen a'la carte mmm!
The facilities of the Cornelia are fabulous, the pools are great, the drinks are great, the spa is great, the entertainment is great, the bars are great, the gym is great...oh I could go on!
I could not speak more highly of this hotel and if you have read a negative review about anything about the Cornelia de luxe, all i can say is believe what you wish because it will be you who misses out but from me I would say ignore them and go book at the Cornelia for your self and experience what luxuries they will offer you.
I am so so so excited to return this year and I am counting down the days believe you me.
Ps. This hotel is in the top #5 hotels in Belek...just saying;)
I hope you found this review helpful. I could go on and in about every detail of this hotel but I'll leave that for you to find out yourself :D

• Stayed: August 2010