“Fabulous hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cornelia De Luxe Resort

Cornelia De Luxe Resort
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Cheena1
“Fabulous hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Many people have written great reviews about this hotel, and after staying there I really can say they are all deserved.

Accommodation

We stayed in a swim up room, which was worth every penny. It comprises of 3 sections each seperated by a couple of steps. Large bathroom with a sunken jacuzzi, walk in shower, always with plenty of hot water anytime of the day and great water pressure for a powerful shower. In addition to the mirror above the sink there is a decent magnifying shaving mirror and a full length mirror. The hairdryer is the attached varity, with a single speed push button. Fine for me, but I guess if you had long hair you might want something a little more powerful. They have thought about every possible thing you might need to include, cotton wool pads, ear buds, condom etc. Plenty of towels, decent size and not worn or tatty.

The bed was a superking and lovely. The matteress firm and a choice of different pillow types. The bedding was white and changed daily, all in good condition.

Lounge area with a flat TV (we didn't watch so can't comment), you can view your bill as you go if you have bought extras e.g. spa treatments. Mini bar well stocked and topped up daily. Comfy sofa and chair.

The quality and selection is fantastic at the buffet restaurants. Cold food is kept cold and hot food is cooked in front of you. Those who say it is a bit repetitive are those who would probably complain that you could only have eggs on one day and cheese on another if they did it any different. It is up to you to 'vary' your choices e.g. contitental breakfast one day, cerals another, omlette another. You can even have smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast everyday!

We ate at a couple of the speciality restaurants and found the Hendra one best. Sat by the water listening to a solo violinst, perfect. All were good.

Room service is included and good quality. I ordered salmon and the other half steak, both arrived in about 20 minutes, cooked well and hot. Alcholic drinks are extra, but it only takes a moment to nip to the bar and pick up a couple of drinks for the room.

Food is plentiful and availble 24 hrs.

Facilities

There are numerous pools at the hotel. The main ones are at the front of the hotel on the way to the beach. This can busy (plenty of sunbeds), and where most of the activities take place with the animation team. The pools around the lake rooms are much quieter with no music, so you take take your pick. Also there is an indoor pool, but the weather was just too good to be inside.

Access to the beach is direct from the hotel gardens. There are showers and footbaths to rise off before going back to the hotel. There is a jetty with sunbeds covered by shade.

The spa was lovely, but not cheap. We used it on a couple of occassions and had really good service. There is also a sauna and steam room, free of charge.

We didn't use the children's club, so can really comment. Other than there appeared to be plenty to keep them happy. They had their own area covered by a large shade, to include a pool and play equipment.

Bars

Throughout the hotel and grounds there are many bars, all serving a good range of drinks, including international brands. The measures are generous and the staff are great at remembering your order. Take a seat and they are straight there taking your order. In the evening nuts and crips are provided with your drinks. The lakeside rooms have their own bar (really handy for pre dinner drinks in the room while getting ready, or for a glass of champange while having a jacuzzi). Most bars shut around 11.30, with one staying open all night for the truely dedicated drinkers. Each bar has a different feel and atmosphere, something to suit everyone. There is a lovely fresh juice bar, where a range of fruits and vegetables are squeezed into great tasting juices.

Entertainment

It was a mix of the usual daytime activities that you weren't pressured to join in. The evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss. The shows performed by the animation team were enthusiastic, but.... In addition there was plenty of 'bought' in evening shows, which were of a good standard. The entertainment on the gala night was fantastic.

Generally

All the staff are really friendly and are there to make your holiday. Nothing seemed too much trouble and you could have a good laugh with them. It is worth taking some time to speak with them. Yukup in reception was a star. Please say hi from Mark and Sharon, he will rememeber!

My other half has mobility difficulties and the hotel was fully accessible. The bellboys used the golf buggies to shuttle us back to the room at night (lake rooms are a 2 min walk from the main hotel). We never had to ask for this.

Cleaners were constantly busy around the hotel, and it showed. Everything was spotless, they worked so hard and always with a smile.

Belek itself is nothing special. Most of the shops sell watches, clothes or leather goods. Be careful with the watches, while very good, they are fake. Just know what it is you are buying. There is a market on a Saturday selling the usual fake clothes, along with spices and pandora style beads.

Outside the hotel there is a tractor that runs into town every 30 minutes for a euro. Otherwise a taxi is 5 euro which the hotel will call for you or you can pick one up outside the hotel.

The hotel has many repeat guests and I can see why. For the first time ever we are looking at returning to a hotel.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you. Enjoy !

Room Tip: The swim up rooms really are worth the extra. The garden rooms are the cheapest, but note they are...
6 Thank Cheena1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

SUMMARY- LOTS OF RUDE,MISSERABLE STAFF , NO AL A CARTE INCLUDED AND THIS IS A 5 STAR, BUFFET RUBBISH AND REPETATIVE ,LACK OF LANGUAGE CAUSING BARRIER OF UNDERSTANDING , GENERAL DONT CARE ATTITUDE , When I asked for Cinzano they say we no have , I say what nearest alternative , they say Coke !! TIP – ASK FOR PREMIUM BRANDS BY NAME OR YOU GET THE CHEAP STUFF .TIP ON AL A CARTE – BOOK EARLY – they cheat on let the tables go before the booking lines open ( I am told it is to the premier card holders ) Argue and play up like hell make a fuss and they may help !! There are huge tip boxes everywhere ! Seems that is all they are interested in , pitty they don’t understand good service gets good tips My tip to them is be more helpful and polite .
We booked the Cornelia 5 star ? swim up room through First choice holidays, When we arrived late at night , tired and thirsty we were taken by bus from the airport , Unlike the promises that First choice states we would be First or second drop off being we were actually 5th and last ! we were shown to our swim up room , an upstairs room although the wife is on crutches (disabled) , however the hotel were very good and changed it immediately . Wonderful room with great access to the pool and a sunken jacuzi bath ., 0 inches from your terrace, Room on different levels so would not suit wheelchairs and you either have to go up or down some stairs to swim up room access. Anyway we ordered room service as we were tired and hungry, it arrived, the tea had no milk and the club sandwich was dried beyond being edible .We ordered room service quite often , who were very rude and every time we ordered tea bar one we received coffee and often without milk. Waiting sometimes 55 minutes for a cup of tea--for god sake put tea facilities in the rooms . The mini bar was stocked but no spirits. The swimming pools have be complimented in their cleanliness and constantly being tested and cleaned. It was very quiet in the first week until the kids arrived( I was lead to believe it was adult only, it’s not !! )they weren’t actually too bad on the whole. The first night food in the Buffet , as YOU HAVE TO PAY AT ALL THE ALACARTE RESTAURANTS ,if you can get in them. The buffet was crap , for a 5 star there was not much choice if you just wanted some plain good quality hot food . The staff were quite rude and unhelpful not even offering to help my wife (on crutches ) carry her food to the table. More interested in helping themselves to their own food at about 9.20 . As the choice and quality were rubbish with no help we decided to eat at the al a carte . Whoops !! we first chose the Thai !! ?? which cooked Chinese food, I ordered Duck with orange sauce and fried rice, only to be presented with Peking duck with pancakes and fried rice, my wife receiving sweet and sour chicken of very low quality by our takeaway standards. NO TOILETS OR LIFTS to the Al a carte restaurants which bar one are all upstairs, The Thai does have a ramp ! Trouble is when you hare disabled it’s no fun having to climb stairs let alone having to back down and up if u want the loo !!. NOT DISSABLE FRIENDLY . All the other restaurants served reasonable food however a friend we met ( Dave ) received a very overdone veal one night - 2 star !!. My wife complained about the service and the lack of it !! Most of the staff never smiled , or made the effort to serve satisfactorily , UNLESS YOU WERE RUSSIAN > a lot of staff speak Russian and get on great with them , but seem to view Brits as an irritation, even though the Brits made up to 25 % of the gusts tally and the Russians 24 % ( figures supplied by the hotel on Gala night ) hahaha. We were treat to our own assistant to help the wife on gala night as she had complained, that meant I got my food hot. Even then out=r wine waiter was dragged off in mid service being told to serve the table of Russians next to us first !! When complaining it was very apparent that customer relations and the so called manager ( catering mgr I think as the gm hid) had no clout what so ever . On our check out day we tried to extend out=r check out , they said ok till 3pm or for 50 Euros till 6pm , I was not paying 5o euro for two hours .The manager said he would extend our check out time , only to come back to say it no possible only 3pm possible. (he couldn’t even waive the 50 euro) but I will pay for your meal in the French restaurant , ye the one upstairs that your wife can struggle to get to. It took him so long to investigate check out we couldn’t even get a courtesy room when we needed it, they were booked up..
I am afraid they have totally put me off Turkey for ever on the assumption this is how they are , I am told the Golf (sister hotel ) up the road is pretty much the same, crap buffet so you pay the 10 Euro per person to eat Al A Carte . Poor Effort Cornelia, get a grip , get rid of the 10 euro charge , its petty and sort out the attitude or loose customers .Better managment might make a difference !!!
One funny thing was the chockolate delivery , the knock at the door , door opens , man shouts'' chockolates'' and chucks them from the door to the bed nearly taking ny head off ! but they both landed on the bed , my mate Dave recons his bounced of his buttocks ( one on each) shooting accross the room only to smother Pauline his good lady in chocky , oh well im sure he enjoyed eating them ! ha .......
There were some good staff , the girl in the Hedra Bar and one or two others . including our room maid
I wish we had gone to Dubai where for similar money you get propper 5 star tratment, but on the up side we did meet some lovely people , including La La . who helped me Mogwai test the 24 hour bar , we made it till 6 am and had to give up !!! ps dont swim back after drinking !
Also they cant make cocktails very well .dont even try a pinacolada

Room Tip: Swim up downstairs rooms , 2211 end , you eithe go up or down a few stairs to rooms . od number are...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nomadmally
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Just come back from this hotel yesterday. We have been spoilt of late with stays at the Gloria Golf and other such 5* places but we booked late this year and decided upon the Cornelia De Luxe. We were not dissapointed in anyway and the hotel was excellent in every single way.
How anyone can write a bad review about the place I don't know. It must have been something really really unfortunate to not write anything positive...

The service was spot on, not intrusive, not lax but just right and with any hotel the more the waiters/waitresses recognise you they somehow remember exactly what it is you drink every night and the better the service becomes. As with any hotel tipping always gets waiters on your side and helps them remeber your face. Nothing excessive but it always helps. Building up a rapport usually works for anyone.
The rooms were always clean and tidy as were all areas of the hotel. Staff were very friendly and efficient, most, always had a smile in their face. Look around your own work place and tell me that you have 100% smiley staff all of the time... The customer relations ladies spoke several different languages and were always willing to help with whatever request we had, we personally found them excellent.

The only minor criticisms I have of the place is one, the charge of 10euros each for the A La Carte dining areas, I think this should be included in the price of the holiday, however it didn't stop us dining in 4 of the 5 there. Couldn't find fault with any of them, food was very well prepared and served and the service was excellent in all of them. There were a few waiters in particular who go out of their way to help and please, not just with us but with everyone, there was a little chap in the french who was very very helpful. (can't remember his name sorry..)
Two, the sun loungers, they could do with some extra padding on them as whilst they are comfotable in many of the 5* places we've stayed before they are more cushioned and helps with the days sunbathing. If these are the only two complaints I have then what more is there to say? We sat on the jetty sunbathing most of the time, the beds at the very end get taken quite quickly so I was up at 7/7:30 to place our towels down.

I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone. I have read many poor reviews about this hotel and personally didn't agree with any of them, but each to their own.

Room Tip: Ask for a swim up room, they are very spacious, usually set on 3 levels and are quiet at night. I ha...
2 Thank Paul and Dawn C
Malaga, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here for two weeks in a swim up suit it was lovely good size , we thought it was adult only area but soon realised it wasn't cant say it was a problem, but some people had screaming babies next to them so it was a problem to them, shame no wine included in the fridge or orange juice plus had to pay for drinks on room service .
We ate breakfast at the hedera as it was close to our room , coffee you either got served or you had to go looking for it no consistency with service , omelette station was quite good if the girl didn't go walk about when you wanted one, scrambled egg inside was always cold don't no why.

Lunch we ate at daphne bar service very fast food was good and hot.

The snack bar next too water slides was good wraps, jacket potatoes yummy may i add, ice cream boy was lovely and always smiling which may I add is quite a rare sight at this hotel .

We only ate in the main restaurant three times it was more like a canteen to us food bit cold plus my husband had food poisoning for two days after eating in main restaurant , wasn't five star in our eyes , we opted for the al-a-carte for the rest of our stay , French (sofa) was far the best for food & service, Italian (florian) was good but found staff a bit off got orders mixed up I got diet coke when I asked for kir royal it was funny, hedera was good but be aware cats drive you mad round your feet all the time staff didn't care one guest got quite upset she had a fear of them , tai pan was ok nothing special .

Bars harmonia bar was nice service got better when they recognised us, celestine bar was lovely the young girl in their was a joy & funny , drinks are good as not pre made .

Pools were clean and tidy never seen as many parasols in a hotel .

Be aware you may struggle booking the al-a-carte restaurants as you have to book the day before on the phone between six and eight , so imagine when you get on the phone at six and none left to book , we went to customer service to be told the gold and platinum card holders get priority and can book for every night when they arrive, interesting we got in after that conversation is all I will say, didn't have to phone again.

Would I recommend this hotel or return quite simply no we woudnt for what we paid not a chance not what we call five star, we all have opinions this is ours.

4 Thank Pauline F
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Fantastic staff, ( not overbearing like in some places) great choice of food, from self service to al-a-carte. Top notch facilities.(Note For the British.) When you go to the chinese retaurant, don't order bits and pieces of for a 'mixy' like we did, you get a full portion of everything, so enbarrissing!, Italian was fantastic. Also beware of the wide water slide, one of our party was injured on it, you can't stay straight. The entertainment was superb, Sadly missed the once a fortnight 'gala' night but was told it is a great event.
Unusaully the all inclusive drinks include braned names as i discovered when i ordered a Chevas Regal whiskey.

Room Tip: insist on a pool view, then you get a sea view as well
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pangmansdad
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Returned early this morning and what an amazing week spent in beautiful surroundings! Definitely worthy of all 5 stars, unable to fault this hotel and fantastic hospitality. We traveled with 2 close friends and whilst our husband's played a few rounds of golf my friend and I lapped up the luxury of the spotlessly clean pool area. Food faultless, gala evening spectacular, rooms spacious, staff lovely, really first class holiday.. can't wait to return!

1 Thank sally c
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I found this hotel to be extremely beautiful, especially compared to what I expected. The staff were very gallant and nice, and constantly willing to help out with anything. When arriving there, the check in went quickly, and the room was amazing, and in utmost state of cleanliness. I had a small problem in the room but upon notice that was immediately taken care of...
The facilities were top class and you probably won't be able to find any finer hotel in the south of Turkey, a definite recomment for couples by the way!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple