“A true 5 star, amazing”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Portsmouth
“A true 5 star, amazing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived here late at night on 27th June and didnt get champagne arrival however after a speedy check in, we were taken to our swim up room where we had a bottle of wine, snacks and a bowl of fresh fruit awaiting which was lovely. Altough swim up rooms are not all in the sun it was a much larger room compared to the rest of the hotel, so even if you dont use the pool there which we didnt it is well worth the money. The safe is free as is room service and the mini bar which was great. Towels and sheets changed everyday and chocolate bought to room at 5 every day, true service. We ate in the hedera restaurant for breakfast as it was a lot quieter and service there was second to none. We found sunbeds around the main pool around 8am in main spots no problem however anytime after that you found yourself further away fromt he pool. We didnt eat lunch int he main restaurant as the lunch at daphne bar was amazing whether you wanted to go healthy or not. The beach was lovely and lots of sunbeds available anytime of the day although i would prefer if beach bar sold alcohol to save walking further but thats probably just being lazy! The imported drinks werevaried however you must specify what you want or theynwill give you the local version. The cocktails are all free and presented beautifully. Fuat and ugur and hakan on animation team always came to say hello and made it an enjoyable holiday. Belek is a tourist based town and very new so prices are double compared to other destinations so if youre looking for fakes be prepared to pay more. Kadriye was cheaper than belek we found for shopping but antalya has no fakes at all so dont go there, we learnt the long, hot way! All waiters and waitresses had high quality service which was second to none, constantly refilling drinks and remembering your orders. Cold towels were bought in the afternoon when it got hot and when having drinks in daphne bar watermelon balls, cherries, crisps and nuts were bought to your table, brilliant. The cleanliness of this hotel was fantastic, a cleaner waited outside the toilets and cleaned them every half hour. Belek is 80% russians which we didnt know prior to booking but we didnt find this a problem. There is lots to do at this hotel for adults and young children however my 18 year old girl found herself with little to do but luckily she likes sunbathing. On leaving the hotel there was no availabilty for a late check out as our flight was at 11pm, no matter how much money we offered. But we got a courtesy room for 45 minutes for the three of us to have a shower and it wasnt amazing but it did the job. A la cartes looked good, we only tried one which was the french restaurant and my god was it amazing we ordered steak and it was only 10 euros per person and you could order as much as you like.
Amazing hotel, extremely pricey but the excellent service reflects in that and is well worth the money, my wife and I am booking for next september for our 50th birthdays, can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are much much bigger than rest of hotel book them! Free wifi everywhere in hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Strawfamily28
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia De Luxe Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to mention that your feedback will help us to improve our hotels and recognise our employees, who really make a difference during your stay.

Never compromising on our high quality service, as the Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa family, we would like to inform you that we always appreciate your feedback and thank you for sparing some of your valuable time for us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our resorts.

Please contact us via below mentioned e-mail addresses for any requests and suggestions.

Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed before in Cornelia Diamond and I was not expecting the same quality in Cornelia De Luxe. I was wrong. I had one of my best holidays in Cornelia De Luxe.

Reception/Front Desk: By entering the hotel, the staff welcomed us with a warm smile and cold drinks, which we needed after a long travel. Special thanks to Mr. Suphi at front desk, our check-in was flawless and we did not have any problem. He has given us our rooms and explained the hotel facilities briefly.

Rooms: We had a room at the main building with a sea view. It was not so big as we had in Cornelia Diamond but it was perfectly clean. The bathroom was little small but that was OK. The room is cleaned and tidied, minibar is refilled (Bear, soda, mineral water, juice etc..) everyday. Any of your requests is at your door in 5 minutes. I needed a shaving set, it was in my room before I hung up the phone. The biggest advantage of having a room at the main building is its easy access to main restaurant and other facilities. Additionally, there was free of charge WiFi connection in the rooms and in all areas which was fast enough.

Food/Beverages: We had our breakfasts and the dinners at the open buffet of main restaurant. The food quality in the main restaurant was over the top. Every night there was a different thematic kitchen such as Asian, International, Fish, Turkish etc.. Desert and fruit stands were also rich and was not so easy to decide which one to choose.
We were having the lunch at the Daphne Bar just by the pool. There you can chose from menu of mainly the grill (fish and meat) and oven food (Pizza, Turkish Pizza and Pide) which all are fresh and delicious. There is also a salad and fruit bar in this area but unfortunately no deserts. Almost all the staff in the restaurants were well trained and doing their business very well.
There are several A La Carte restaurants for which you have to pay 10 Euro p/p but we have not been to any so I can not comment on the quality.
There are 6-7 bars all around and all serve good quality of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and cocktails of high quality. In the bar close to fitness center, the serve fresh citrus juice all the time as well in the main restaurant.
If you still feel hungry after all choices of food, you can order food and drinks to your between 22:00 and 06:00 which is free of charge.

Pool/Beach: To me the only problem here was finding a free sunbed. I have witnessed from my balcony that some hotels guests are waking up early and reserving 8-10 sun beds with towels however most of them are not being used the whole day. I don't know if the management can find a solution for this bus this is the main problem in the pool and beach area.
The beach is sandy, which is good for the kids but the sea was wavy all the time we were there. I have been told that it was flat in the morning hours but since we could not wake up early, we didn't have the chance to swim in flat sea.

Animation/Night Shows/Music: Every night another show. Circus, Dance Shows, Magicians etc.. All were professionally prepared and worth watching. After the night shows, starts live music at the Daphne Bar again all are from professionals. Before dinners, you can listen to piano and violin concert from the professionals at the bar in lobby area. Although most of them were all professionals, some of the animation team were so rude that I couldn't understand why the management let them to behave so. My daughter was having dinner in the "kids restaurant" and I was watching her from a distance. She was trying to reach and get one yogurt with banana from the cooler but at that time a member of animation team came and got the last 4 yogurts from the cooler for himself without respecting my daughter's cry. I have witnessed some other unrespectfull, unprofessional and rude behaviors of 2-3 people in the restaurant and pool areas but the rest of the animation team was very professional and doing their job very good.

Children: I guess the only thing the hotel should improve is the activities for the kids. I see that unless your children can't speak Russian, they don't enjoy too much from the activities in mini club. It is just my observation, I may be wrong but they do more care about the Russian children since maybe most of the mini club staff are from Russian speaking countries. We have stayed before in Rixos another hotel in the region, there my daughter was staying all the day in the mini club and was not looking for us around. After seeing my daughter of 6 years was not enjoying a lot in mini club here, we have let her to spend most of her time with us.

Spa/Wellness: There is a very professionally operated Spa, called Crassula. Although it is pricey you should try at least once. Just one day before I left the hotel, I had a one hour Bali Massage from a professional masseuse from Bali, which was awesome. I wish I could have tried some other massages but I did not have time for that.

After all, we have decided next year to go to Cornelia De Luxe Resort since I don't believe I can fined a better hotel for the same price. Special thanks to Suphi, Sonay, Muzaffer, Kerim and all others who made our holiday unforgettable.

Room Tip: Having a room at the main building makes access to restaurant easy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alperb2002

Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The resort is beautifully appointed with quality restaurants, a very accommodating staff, nice pools; beach can be better, but the pier stretches well into the sea and provides a nice breezy setting. We tried several of the specialty restaurants and especially enjoyed the Meditternean cuisine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wrbcks
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia De Luxe Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we have visited this hotel in the last year & the 1st time was amazing, but going back was just as good if not slightly better. We decided to take my parents with us this time & they also loved it. The gala night was excellent & reminded me of the Turkish wedding I had last year. All the staff work far too hard & the service was excellent. The waiters knew our orders after the 2nd day which we found very impressive! Very clean around the whole hotel. There is not 1 thing we could moan about & the whole 10 days were outstanding. I would also love to thank all the staff 4 the special treatment for my mum & dads 30th wedding anniversary as we had lots of surprises & gifts from the hotel. Thanks again for another wonderful holiday no doubt we will be going back again in the near future.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Victoria C

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked our hoilday back in 2013, and as I expected most people think I hope it's going to be ok and I went on tripadvisor and read some reviews and was llike I'm not going to read any more I've just got to make my own judgement. So me and my partner went on the 30th June to 10 July and I can't tell you enough how much they attended to my every need , I emailed them a month before I went to see if they could book me in to the Tai pen a la carte restaurant and I got an email back saying you all booked in. We stayed in the swim up rooms and couldn't fault the rooms at all we loved every minute of it as it has a jacuzzi in the room to. We did spend most of the time round the main pool but that's because we liked being in the mix .the animation team did a pool game for half hour everyday but other then that you didn't hear them at all. The pool bar staff where excellent we'll every bar was excellent services. The main buffet was never cold and the staff couldn't of been more helpful, I havent really got a bad word to say about this hotel so once again thank you for making my holiday wicked .

Room Tip: Stay in main building or swim up rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dave D
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia De Luxe Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Dave,

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel due to the good tripadvisor reviews and it was a good price. We were really impressed with the resort, this was our third time to this area of turkey in 18 months and we will be back again! The resort was quiet with plenty of sun beds. Everywhere was clean and modern. The courtesy room we were able to use before our late flight home was fantastic, what a great idea!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beanster123
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia De Luxe Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Nicola,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned from an amazing holiday (second visit). Staff on arrival welcoming and friendly (upgraded room on arrival added bonus) and this continued for the remainder of the holiday. Nothing was too much trouble no matter the time of day. Food outstanding and drinks didn't disappoint either however have to agree with other comments about the entertainment. It did let the side down slightly.
Hotel is spotlessly clean in rooms, garden, pool and beach areas.
Sun bed situation also a fiasco!! Many sun beds available however all of the decent spots reserved before 7am and despite hotel policy of removing towels from beds unused for more than one hour, it did not actually happen.
Amazing place and would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Stayed in Junior suite and swim up rooms away from main hotel area therefore quieter. Only few minut...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple