“Excellent experience but doublecheck your room allocation beforehand”

Cornelia De Luxe Resort
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Just had a wonderful time at this resort, including the gala night as previously mentioned. A logistical nightmare for the staff to organise but what a performance they achieved. Top notch entertainment throughout the fortnight. The staff could not do enough to provide you with good service & always with a smiling face. We had our breakfast most days at the Hedera restaurant, smaller choice of food to the main restaurant but more personal. We also used the a la carte restaurants on 5 nights, Sofa twice , Hedera twice & Florian once & although there was a supplement of 6 euro per person per time I would recommend them whole heartedly for the standard & variety of the foood , ambience etc.
With regard to the garden rooms / annexe mentioned in another review I would advise people to doublecheck with their tour operator as to what type of room they have been allocated to. We arrived at 6am to be given a garden room on the 3rd floor with no lift & 2 flights of windingstairs (like a castle) to negotiate. We had expected to be in the main building. We contacted reception who advised us that basically we had been allocated what the tour company had advised them & the resort was full. The room allocated being 3312 which to our surprise contained a kitchen unit with an electric hob & fridge plus minibar. Negotiating the stairs a couple of times would have been a problem for us & why an all inclusive resort room has a mini kitchen surprises me.This then became an issue with the tour company rep next day.We were moved next day to another garden room on the ground floor. This room was set in a garden courtyard & whilst a 4 min walk to the main building/reception etc, it was very quiet & relaxing though.
We travelled with First Choice & booked online & expected to be in the main building which we knew had lifts, booking online did not give us any choice of rooms so beware of your allocation/expectations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wirralukpete
Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed 7 June 2010

I have to admit I was rather weary about staying in Turkey but when we arrived at the hotel it was perfect we were greeted with Champagne the staff are so friendly they love to get to know you. The food is delicious even the buffet so much choice for all ages and people. The rooms are lovely the mini bar is refilled everyday with new drinks that you have taken out which is fantatsic as sometimes this is not always done!!
The pool is beautiful such brilliant views and lots of sun loungers which are spreadout so its not your typical square pool with loungers....its like a river with lots of areas to sit and enjoy the weather!
Overall I think that the hotel was beautiful great food/great staff and lovely atmosphere this year we are going to stay at its sister hotel called the Cornelia Diamond so hope its just as good if not better! :)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Manx90
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This was our second trip to the Cornelia something we never normally do. Was it as good as last year ? Definately a yes.

The attention to detail in this resort is amazing. We noticed that all the sunbeds have been replaced since last year and were very comfortable. As a previouse reviewer has said they are always cleaning in the resort the toilets were always spotless, They even clean places routinely that most hotels do once a year but it is never intrusive. Last year we stayed in the garden rooms which were very nice but this year stayed in the main hotel, The rooms were equally as nice but were slightly more convenient, I would happily stay in either.

As I knew that towels in the room and beach towels were all included I left all that at home I also left my shamppos and shower gels behind as they supply Dove in the room, This saved quite a lot of weight in our cases.

They are now charging for some of the a la cart restatraunts but the quality of food is well worth the small charge of 6euros per person. Food and drink is excellent through out the resort and you never go hungry. We paticularly liked the coffee shop the Cappucino was served with a lovely chocolate and small meringue and a beautiful selections of cakes.

Although some people were reserving their sunbeds we never found a problem finding a bed free in the right spot. The beach is also well looked after even to a man digging a very large hole each day and burying the stones washed up on their stretch of thebeach, so that you could easily walk into the sea. Th hotel also had a covered pier with sunbeds we spent a lovely 2 days on this just jumping in to the sea to cool down.

If you have children the animation team really look after them, it doesnt seem to matter how many nationalities there are there is a member of the team that can talk to them. In the eveing they have a disco on the stage in the amphitheatre and even though we have no small children we passed many an evening watching the children and can now do many of the dances. After the children there is entertainment for the adults , one night we had the moscow childrens circus which was very enjoyable.The entertainment team also performed Beauty and the beast which was on last year but we watched it again as it was so good, I believe they are doing Mama Mia next year I am sure it will be as good. The entertainment team had so much energy and were always smiling. To round off the evening there is the Cornelia dance which everyone soon learnt.

The only negative we couild find is shopping or lack of it. We have been to other regions of Turkey and we have found Belek is just for tourists and is overpriced. The quaility does not seem to be as good as we have found elswhere in Turkey. This is just a small gripe and did not spoil our hoilday at all.

The biggest test to a holiday is would we go back. YES YES YES Would we reccomend it to orther people NO, Stay away it is our paradise we dont want everyone finding it.

If management of the holiday read this thanks to all the staff for a great holiday.

1  Thank Lovetravelling757
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Visited the Cornelia deluxe Hotel 10th May 2010 for a week golfing break with friends and must say the hotel is fantastic. The service was excellent aswell as the staff, well mannered. The food was of very high standard and drinks flowed freely in the restaurants.
The whole complex is a dream. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndyDUk
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Arrived at hotel around 0100 at check in were told you have a garden room I said no our confirmation from T. Cook is for a annex room new wing I was then told yes that is what you have recieved so it was too late and we were tired so it could wait till the morning to get sorted.
Our porter proceeded to take us to our room on a buggy the room was dreadful do not stay in these rooms they are built in blocks and 3 storeys high of course we got the top one with no lifts no light in the rooms or sunshine thought we were in a old holiday camp in U.K..
Next morning marched off to reception to complain, no rooms to change to hotel fully booked see your Rep at lunchtime we were told which we did who asked if our room was in the main building (strange I thought) any how he would see if he could sort it out came back and said exactly what reception had already told us to whichI I explained annex means as in the english dictionary (to join or attach to a main building i.e.a wing) any how he could do nothing about it.
I was not happy I can tell you, I asked if we paid extra money for another room would this be possible and suprise suprise if we paid another 180 euro yes we could have another room (money talks) any how new room on the side of hotel about 25 ft across from ajoining hotel just can not win can you??.
To get back to the annex rooms no one could or would tell me where they were I figured it myself and and I think they are at the front of the building consisting of approx 30 rooms but what I could not figure why only about 6 are ever occuppied at any one time can anyone tell me why ??.
I would class this hotel as a good 4 star, I have stayed at better 5 star hotels, enjoyed our holiday but would not return, if you read the other reviews most are true and accurate we got off to a bad start but it would not have altered my view on this hotel.

2  Thank dickymintCumbriauk
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We have just returned from the Cornelia Deluxe, I can only agree with other reviews it is absolutely amazing. There is not a bad word to say about it. It is without a doubt the best all inclusive hotel we have ever stayed in.
The food is excellent and plenty to choose from. We only ate in the buffet restaurant twice but it was lovely, I especially loved the chocolate fountain for dessert! Breakfast was the weirdest breakfast food I have ever seen but we enjoyed it none the less, I enjoy trying new things. You can eat breakfast in the main buffet restaurant as well as the Hedera where there is less to choose from but it is nice eating breakfast by the pool.
The a la carte restaurants are excellent. Our favourite was the Tai Pen Chinese. There is a €6 charge per person for the Tai Pen and the Hedera restaurants but this is well worth it, the food and service is excellent. The reservation system is very good and works well, you can phone between 6 and 8pm to book for the following night and we never had any problems with this. For lunch we always ate in the pool bar as the menu was extensive with plenty to choose from (the pizzas are lovely). The buffet restaurant is also available for lunch as well as hot dogs, wraps, ice creams and pancakes at the pool. There is also 24hr room service, however we never tried this but the menu looked really good. You will never go hungry at this hotel!!
There are many bars to choose from too. If you go to the pool bar every morning they will give you cold bottles of water. The cocktails are lovely and there are many on the menu, I tried to work my way through them all throughout the week!
We stayed in the swim up suites and they were WOW and well worth the extra money. The jucuzzi was excellent. Dove shampoo and body wash was provided and we thought this was a great touch. Bath robes and slippers were also provided. There is a mini bar in the room which is filled up every day with 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of Coke, a bottle of Sprite, Fanta and Diet coke, 2 fruit juices and 2 bottles of beer.
The main pool areas were great with lots of sunbeds, however many people were reserving the best spots early in the morning and some people were not even using them until later on after lunch. This was the only negative about the hotel as hotels of this standard usually do not allow this. The slides were a huge hit with my husband and they were never too busy, I was too scared to try them but they looked fun!
We took a taxi into Belek for the market, I didn’t like this too much I felt many of them were trying to rip us off and were very pushy. This was a big letdown for me as I like to wander round shops and market stalls but I couldn’t relax here as they never leave you alone, owners even stand outside their shops trying to get you to go in. I heard you had to haggle so I was trying this and owner wasn’t too nice about it so we walked away and he then came running after us shouting a lower price, I really didn’t like this. However this didn’t put me off Turkey as a whole as the hotel more than made up for it.
The photographers at the hotel were really good and we got some lovely photos, they cost about €7 each. It was nice to get some photos taken by the pool at night.
We were lucky enough to experience the gala evening when we were here and it was an amazing night. The buffet was excellent and sitting by the main pool having dinner was just lovely. The entertainment and fireworks were just amazing.
The hotel is spotless; the cleaners are always hard at work and clean absolutely everything thoroughly even the driveway to the hotel! Very impressive.
I cannot praise the staff enough at this hotel they were the hardest workers we have ever seen and always had a smile on their face. The service we got was first class.
I could go on all day about how amazing this hotel is. If you are looking for a hotel that offers relaxation with good food, drink and service then this is the hotel for you! Our only regret was that we only stayed for a week, we will definitely be back!

4  Thank mrsR2311
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I've just returned from the cornelia delux, and what can I say???? Spotless, clean, always staff cleaning! Plenty of food and amazing cocktails to keep you going. I'm 24, female, and went with my 55 year old mum, and we had a lovely time here!!

The spa was lovely, not cheap, but worth it, as the turkish bath was a great was to prep my skin before bathing in the glorious sunshine....

It was both our first time to Turkey and we really enjoyed it. I loved the beach and sipping my drink whilst reading a good book and topping my golden tan.

The ficilities in this hotel are great, we did go out of peak season so not too much hustle and bustle in hotel which was a great bonus....

A little negative was the euro, everyone wanted us to pay in euro but we had taken Turkish lira with us. Don't get me wrong, you could pay in the lira but when we went on the day trip to a Turkish market, we felt cheated as an item would be marked with just a number and when you went to pay and they heard you were a tourist they would say 'not lira, euro' which meant double the cash, very cheeky!!!!

But this hotel is very clean, the staff are fantastic, especially nadia in guest relations, she really was helpful to us.

If you are someone who loves good food, and wants a relaxing time in the sun, then you have found your hotel...!!!!

A little distant from a busy strip or shops, but only a short taxi ride to belek. But with so much to keep you busy or with all the hideaways this hotel has to offer, you will not want to leave!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010