“Nice experience, but over priced”

Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Crystal Tat Beach resort is a pretty good resort. It can be hard to find cause when viewing internet maps it’s also called Barcelo Tat Beach Resort. When you arrive the entry gate is impressive, but once you are found on the guest list and gain entry, the exterior of the hotel’s decor is lacking compared to other Belek resorts. The staff is friendly and most speak Turkish, English, Russian and German! The bartender in the lobby was my favorite! And the entertainment committee and mini disco all did a great job; Although they played the same music every night. The Spa employees were very sweet as well! The rooms are nice, except for finding a dirty sock and panties hiding behind the curtain when we arrived. While using the room’s hair dryer it burned up and started smoking and maintenance had to change it. And the air conditioner is preset making it very difficult to change ourselves and had to call maintenance to the room to change it. No matter what rating hotel I have stayed in Turkey, all the beds are hard! The lobby and resort grounds are well kept, and the pools are clean. The only down fall is the water slides are not attended, so people cut to receive inter-tubes or they don’t hand them off and go down multiple times. Another down fall is available seating at the various swimming pools; guests check out towels and then leave them on chairs all day long making every single chair look like they are still in use. My family had to keep our things in a pile on the grass. We almost rented a bungalow for 50Euro just for a place to sit and put our things. But the real frustration was meals. The buffet is truly amazing and delicious, I think they have too many choices and make way too much to feed an army. But the disappointment for me was the rule at dinner; I agree with not wearing wet swim trunks to dinner, but the rule about no flip flop sandals is stupid and not a reality at a beach resort. The staff tried to turn numerous people away from food for wearing flip-flops and most guests including myself ignored them; there’s no real way for the staff to enforce the rule. For one I did not bring nice shoes, all I had were flip flops and running shoes. Therefore the second night at dinner I adhered to the rule and wore a summer dress with my sneakers and felt very uncomfortable and odd. –A feeling and fashion faux-paux I should not have to endure when dropping a thousand dollars per night to be a guest, which I now feel is overpriced as well, since I stayed in another all inclusive hotel closer to Side after this hotel which had the same amenities for fraction of price -the spa was even cheaper! The icing on the cake is the resort does not even sell nice footwear to help you adhere to their rules, but they do sell plenty of flip-flops! The thing is I understand tying to glam up the dinner experience and try to make it nice, but the other guests ruined it for me. Why try to force us to look nice at dinner when most cant portray the same nice attitude. Guests scramble around the buffet tables like vultures, bumping into on another, cutting in line, acting like ravenous hungry hounds. –so I don’t see the point to looking nice. The resort also had a themed black and white night where they asked guests to wear these colors. A nice idea, but lacks adherence for many when you don’t inform guests ahead of time when they make reservations of these events or rules. Even with the slight downfalls it was still a nice experience and location near Antalya, but next time I'll save our money and visit a different cheaper Resort for the same experience.

Room Tip: Land rooms hear the Disco music from approx. 1030-0100 Sea view rooms will hear the music pool side...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Corrine R
CrystalHotelsTR, Genel Müdür at Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your review following your stay.

As Crystal Hotels Resorts & Spa, our best goal is renew with each passing day to higher level of service and praise to our quality of service. In this direction as a management, we believe that your valuable compliants, criticisms and suggestions will make a positive contribution in our work, or show us that we are on the right course.

We would like to inform you that your contribution has been sent directly after its publication to our management. Due to technical reasons, we are only now possible to inform you of the receipt of your review.

We hope that you will give us one more time your trust and we welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I've stayed here with kids for an intense 1-wk golf training. Hotel is nice, and recently renmovated, food and rooms were good. But the staff is unbelievably lame.

They don't know their own golf course pricing, but they are just fine to write in the additional charge in your bill, no matter they made a mistake, not you - and you are lucky to discover it in advance, not the night you leave. They can promise you something and forget about it in a minute. Shuttle bus driver had multiple times promised to return for the remaining golf players waiting at the course - and wouldn't come. Guest relations staff are a joke.

Golf course is a separate story. They have spectacular outdoors but it is poorly managed. Vending machine on the driving range might be emptied and no-one cares until you find the manager and shout at him. Of course, no-one would apologize or reimburse the tokens you've wasted. Driving range looks like an abandoned vegetable patch.

Room Tip: "Family rooms" are nice, but they are equipped with separate beds. And these beds are on s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexander B

Reviewed 12 March 2013

we rested in august 2012 . hotel itself is normal but its tradtitional , pool was demaged and the child cut his leg several times,
i have never seen mosquitos in turkey but this hotel was full. Staff is extremely rude ,there was a woman cook she was terribly aggressive and when taking food always givin less . romm sofa was damaged also and my son fall down . food was good.
i didnt like this hotel and not recommend

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lika b

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have nothing special about to complain, but it was also nothing special to impress me.
We were there with our baby, and had all facilities we needed (bed for the kid, food, sandy beach, all areas reachable with the buggy). This hotel is big, but quiet, you can relax, enough variety of food.
Some rooms with have just partially sea view, even when you have bought a sea view, so you have to struggle a little, to get a good sea view.
Not much to do in the surroundings, so when you are here to relax, it s ok, otherwise you can easely get bored.
The majority of the guests are eastern europeans, much of them with less table maners and much of them don t know the rules in a spa area.
Conclusion: nothing remarcable, nothing special to complain about.

Room Tip: as you said, ”add a tip”.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Hans074

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Moved here for new year after a distrastrous four days in Fantasia Kemer. What a difference. Management and staff were amazing and couldnt do enough for you. The food was of a very high standard in the main restaurant and the chef kept a very close eye on everything. The New Year Gala evening was one of the best we had attended, considering the amount of people that had to be catered for the food was superb and was served with military precision.
The hotel was maintained to a high standard with management everywhere.
Highly recommended to spend christmas and new year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Terry M

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one week and I enjoyed it! Very good staff. Fantastic food (lots of choices, international and Turkish style, and I was most impressed that the chef was supervising every single meal!)
Room was ok, but not great, but the bed and the shower stall was excellent. Room size is a bit on the small side.
Beach and sun beds are very clean, and I loved the quiet atmosphere now in low season!

Room Tip: Land view rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank mbaka

Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is the first time when I get in this country and hotel, my expectations were not very positive when I decide with my family to spend 1 week in this resort, but..........surpriseee!!!=
I ll describe in few words and then you decide if you like what you hear.
I was with my kid, she is 2 years old and I was looking for a hotel which can be clean and have good food so I dont get my child sick.
Anyway, since I arrived at the hotel everthying was ok, we had no problems.
The room was large, clean and I must mention the sheets VERY CLEAN, I am very strict with cleaning because I have a child. The whole bathroom was very clean too. The room has AC, the balcony is small but who can tell me that someone spends time in this as long as you have pools and sea.
The food was CLEAN, I never found something strange or bad in the food. It was tasty and good.
Another point I want to mention is that in one evening we wanted to give pasta with cheese to my child and we wanted a good sauce for this and there were few sauces but not what we needed. I asked the head of hall if there is a sauce for pasta and maybe I dont see it.
He was very nice and very helpful with us. He heped us very fast, he took out of the kitchen 2-3 cookers and told me to explained to them what I need. They asked me to tell them exactly what kind of sauce I want so they can make it very fast. They asked me if I want it black, red, white or something else. In a word, they did it fast and it was so good that my whole family ate pasta in that evening. After that evening the same man - head of hall asked us every day if we need something again so he can help us and if we were pleased and we thank him every time he came to us to ask. Very nice of him, thank YOU again !!!!
SOME food (not all) was same in the next day.
The pools were clean, the people who work there are nice but yes, they dont speak at all english or some of them speak english but not very good and because of this we couldnt communicate much.
My english is not perfect , at least I can have a good conversation with someone about everthying.
The beach has blue flag, its sand, there is very little part with small rocks close to water but thats not bad because it was clean and as I said, rocks are very very small. in the water is sand too.
They have a pool for kids, close to pool, they have food for kids, toilets for kids and a place for kids to have fun.
The hotel is good for everybody, for people with friends, family, honey moon.
Everybody must know one thing, in this world people are diffrent, people have diffrent opinions, no place in this world can please everybody. Even you go to a 7 stars hotel, you cant say everybody will be pleased, I know people who dont like hotels like the one from Saudi Arabia, the luxury one of 7 stars, why? because if its a luxury hotel that doesnt mean its for all luxury tastes, it can be nice luxury or luxury with bad taste.
5 stars hotels are very diffrent all over, even all of them MUST have common services.
You must think countries are diffrent and prices are diffrent.
If you pay no more than a 900-100 euros for a 5 stars hotel for 2 adults I dont think thats a big price according with many 5 stars hotels. If someone expects luxury, should go to a luxury hotel, so should pay more.
I only want to say that the price is very good with what they offer. In Turkish are 5 stars hotels where you pay 5000 euros or more and there is MAYBE what you want.

I am pleased about this hotel because I didnt pay much at all and it was good. If I want luxury I look for another hotel.

I must say the towels from room were clean but old. If they can renew the towels from time to time, that would be better.

I dont think you must believe the bad opinions about this hotel, just read between lines, see exactly what are the most important things and get the conclusion.

As a general classification, we had a good experience and we reccomand you this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family