“Outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Derby
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I am writing this review from a bedchair by the pool at the best hotel I have ever stayed in.
When I booked our holiday for myself, husband and 2 daughters aged 13 and 9, I understood we would all be in one room, which worried me a little as I thought it would be cramped, but when we arrived and was shown to our room, I realised I had nothing to worry about, it was more than big enough. All the rooms in the Golf Hotel have carpets, which help to keep it quiet, no clip clapping of shoes etc from above. In fact we never hear a thing. We are lucky enough to be overlooking the pool at the front of the hotel which is perfect, and I would advise you ask for this. The bathroom is finished to a very high quality, with the biggest walk in shower I have seen in a hotel room.
We eat in this hotel, as opposed to the resort hotel, as I agree with previous comments, it is just calmer and quieter. The food that is served is exactly the same at both sites. We were lucky enough to be here for one of the Gala nights - WOW, what a night. Brilliant entertainment, atmosphere and food. If you are going to be holidaying here and it falls on one of your nights, you need to be ready early though, it starts at 7.00 but I advise getting there for about 6.30 to get a good table, as we arrived at 7.15 and struggled to get a table and sat quite near the back. There is plenty of food for everyone but the stage was difficult to see, so if you plan to stay the whole night to watch the show, get there early!
Even though I have been informed that both hotels are fully booked at the moment, it doesn't feel crowded, and please believe me when I say you do not have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve bed chairs, as there is more than enough space, and if you come down and can't find one, the Pool Attendant will always find you some and an umbrella.
The beach is just by the main pool,in the resort hotel. We stayed in Belek last year in a different hotel, and I was a little disappointed in the beach there as it was quite shingly, but was pleasantly surprised to find this one is mainly sand, with the exception of a few little stones at the very edge.
There is a pier which is brilliant for jumping into the sea from, and provides a lovely escape from the heat as there is always a nice breeze on the pier, and more sunbeds to lounge on.
Entertainment - The entertainment team here are one of the best I have seen. After just meeting you once they remember your name and always greet you with a welcoming smile. If you like to join in with games etc, then you will not be bored, there is always something going on.
I must say a massive "Hello and Thank You" to Alex, Papi and Luka. They are great guys, who have helped make our holiday this year a really enjoyable one. They are hilarious and so friendly.
If you have booked to come here, you will have a fantastic time!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the golf hotel, all rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Heyupu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My partner and 2 daughters (ages 11 and 9) stayed at the Zeynep Golf hotel for the first 2 weeks of August 2013. We have previously (in 2011) stayed in the Resort Hotel, in one of the bungalows when the Zeynep Golf had just opened (July 2011). So the Golf Hotel is only 2 years old. Whichever hotel you stay in (Golf or Resort), you have the use of the facilities of both hotels. You can eat in whichever you choose, use the pools and gymnasium of both hotels, etc. The Golf hotel is quieter and more relaxed. The Resort Hotel is larger, nearer the beach and is noisier, but with more atmosphere and activities.

We stayed in a normal room... all four of us in one room, but it was nice and big and the shower in the bathroom was huge. We overlooked the pool, as most of the rooms in this hotel do, however, there are a few rooms on the other side of the building, and you will be currently overlooking some football pitches, a golf course and, I'm afraid, a building site. It looks like another hotel is currently being built. So, when booking, I suggest you specify that you wish to overlook the pool as most rooms do. We weren't lucky enough to get a 'lake room'. There are a few rooms which have a swimming pool - like a river- running past your balcony (see the photos of the hotel). You could step out of your patio doors, and have your own private sunbeds and jump into the lake pool!!! The disadvantage is that anyone can use this pool, so you may not like having strangers swimming past your room, but we went in the height of the season and this pool was hardly used. The other huge pool never got busy either. Plenty of room to swim about. There's an indoor pool and you can swim outside through the wall to a smaller outside pool. There's also a toddler pool. My main gripe when I go on holiday in peak season is that it is the most expensive time of the year and yet some hotels don't have enough sunbeds to cater for everyone, so you have to get up at 'stupid oclock' and put down towels. I don't want to have to be doing this when I've paid a lot of money and am supposed to be relaxing and not having to get up early!!!! Can I just say that THERE ARE PLENTY OF SUNBEDS! No matter what time of day we went to the pool, there were plenty of vacant beds around the pool. Heaven. We hardly saw any towels being put down to reserve beds. You didn't need to.

There is a nice-sized gym with treadmills, free weights, and lots of equipment for you to burn off the extra calories you'll be eating. Which brings me onto food. Lovely. Lots of choice, and like I said earlier, you can go to the Resort Hotel if you like and eat there too. In your room is a small fridge which gets topped up every day with fizzy cans of drinks, water, mineral water and fruit juice. The maid comes daily and makes up the beds and provides clean towels. There's a safe in the room which is free. The TV in the room has a few English Channels. My daughters liked Cartoon Network, and there's BBC World News and CNN. There are a few other English-speaking channels too. The beds were comfy (I usually find the matresses in Turkey are too firm - but they were OK in this hotel).

The Spa was nice. My partner and I both had Turkish baths and massages. You can use the Turkish bath when you like... but you have to pay to be given a proper bath by a member of staff. There are 2 saunas - biggest I've ever seen and nice and light inside. There's a steam room too. Don't take any towels with you. You are provided with beach towels, free of charge. I'd recommend taking Euros as opposed to Turkish Lira. There are 5 A la Carte restaurants. The French one is 5 euros per person but is Adult Only. The Mexican is 5 Euros per person, as is the Mediterranean. However the Chinese and Italian are free. Book them as soon as you can because you can book in advance and they can get booked up pretty quick. They are worth going to - to have something different and to break the normal routine of going to the hotel restaurants every night.

We were very boring and didn't go on any trips. We did the Chinese and Italian restaurants and the Banana Boat. But apart from that, we stayed the entire 2 weeks on the Hotel grounds just swimming and eating and going to the evening shows and drinking, etc. It was very relaxing but you are a bit out of the way of shops. There is a bus stop and taxi rank right outside the hotel if you wish to venture off anywhere. We hate shopping in Turkey so didn't do any at all.

The staff are all lovely, helpful and friendly. Can't do enough for you. We just had a few small issues with some of the other guests - the Russians don't understand queueing (and they never smile.... miserable sods). Some of the English were a bit annoying too. But nothing happened that spoilt it at all. I would like to go back some day. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool-side room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tracy W
York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Really lovely, clean, spacious hotel with good facilities. Good food with plenty of choice.

I would recommend staying at the golf and spa side of the hotel if, like us, you prefer a quieter hotel and would like a bigger room. Our room was a lovely size for a family of 4 and the shower in the bathroom was massive. You can use all the facilities, snack bars, bars & restaurants at the 'resort' side of the hotel.There is even a golf buggy that will take you across to the resort side if you don't want to walk across. But honestly it's not even a 2 mins walk across. We walked over to the 'resort' side every day to use the flumes, go on the beach and watch the shows in the evening. Our children (12 & 8 yrs old) loved the flumes and enjoyed jumping from the jetty into the sea. The shows are good and the animation team really friendly. The animation staff are mainly based over at the resort side, so if you prefer a quieter holiday you can relax by the pool at the 'golf' side of the resort. There is lots to do on site, including tennis, table tennis, jet ski's banana boat trips. Some activities do cost extra and all are priced in euros.

The only downside is that there isn't much to do off the resort. The hotel is 3km from the local town and there is nowhere to go for a walk off the resort. You can however walk along the beach for miles in either direction. The trips offered by Thomas Cook (our tour operator) were expensive, so we didn't go on any, so can't give any recommendations there.

All in all a lovely family holiday with lots to do on site. I would recommend staying at this hotel

Room Tip: If staying as a family pay the extra to stay at the golf side of the resort, nicer larger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ellie30York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

What can I say this place has won a place in our hearts. My new husband and our twin girls came here for 11 nights in July and it has made us fall in love wow what can I say the people amazing the hotel beautiful the spa and golf looks better than the resort we were In the golf hotel and I was amazing the animation team were unbeatable we not only had a great time we made fantastic friend the staff work so so hard to ensure you are happy and they are fabulous people and I can't think if a ba thing to say about the holiday can't wait to book again thank you all

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ann-Mariepitcairn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is great, lots of space. You can be busy all day, or find a g quiet spot. Hardly no sport you can't do.
Food was good, well presented fresh, if not a bit samie.
Rooms are very good. Overall very impressed with the set up. Disappointing the things like ice-cream only served for 1 hour three days a week. Staff are very friendly.
But the best part for me were the animation team! Every morning they'd get people up doing something having fun!!
And a special mention to to a few of them, luka and yussin.
But my favourite two were Julia (sport) and Alex who are stars!!
Thanks again Tilly

• Stayed July 2013
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have just arrived home from his fantastic resort. We were a large group of 14, with mixed ages of adults and children. We were initially checked in to a bungalow which meant we were unfortunately separated from some of the group who were allocated at the Golf and Spa side (which is only a minute walk anyway), although it was a more than adequate accommodation we did enquire at the reception if there would be any chance of a move across to the Golf resort near our friends. The wonderful Zafer on the desk was so helpful and within an hour or so it was all sorted and we joined the rest of our party. The food was fab (something even for the fussiest eater), salad's , fries, various vegetables, soups, fish , chicken, beef, lamb even a lovely Chinese evening (spring rolls , amazing!!!!!!) also a huge range of desserts . The staff really couldn't do enough for you, both my friends children and my daughter celebrated their birthdays while we were there and a cake and singing was provided which made the kids feel very special , our lovely waitress Emir was fab all holiday, Ozlem our housekeeper, Mustafa and Harun the porters, Sezer the beach barman, Murat the Golf resort barman and as I mentioned earlier Zafer at reception , there are far too may to mention but they all did an outstanding job to make our holiday so perfect. The only negative I have is that we had to return home :-( . But will look forward to returning next year. Thank you so much to everyone at Zeynep Golf and Spa , Belek xx

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

My daughter and I have been to this hotel many times, and have always had a fantastic time. This time we stayed in the Golf and as usual had a great time. The room was lovely, I had a very large bed and my daughter a smaller but more than adequate one. The room was large with a lovely walk in shower. The mini bar was replenished daily to bursting point (never short of a drink). The numerous restaurants all had a very good choice of food, no excuse for anybody to be hungry. The snack bars were also good and we spend our lunch times in the resort pool area and had many a snack from the bar there. The staff throughout the hotel were exceptionally helpful, nothing was too much effort for them. We were treated like royalty. If you wanted to join in activities there was always plenty going on. We visited the Chinese a-la-carte and I would recommend this to anyone the food was delicious. The Italian was also very nice. We have stayed at our hotels in Turkey and other countries, but we keep returning here as to be honest we can't find anything better. We are lucky enough to be returning again very soon with my husband and son and can't wait. There is everything you could want from a holiday here and plenty to do and see if you wish to venture outside the hotel. Gala night was once again wonderful, so much hard work is put in to make the guests enjoy the evening. Thank you Zeynep for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family