In the past we have stayed at the Paloma Renaissance twice and we have been very impressed by that resort. This year we thought we would try a different Paloma as they are a chain. We shouldn't have bothered! This is definitely not 5*. We were housed in a dingy section at the front of the hotel. The room had many faults, ie, cracked bath, broken loo seat, dirty corners, dusty, old towels, broken lampshade, etc. The food was not a patch on the Renaissance - for example, we found the same rolls put out 2 days running that were rock hard. When you are at breakfast, the Butlins mentality begins with the playing of a very loud recording of the bugle reverie and a cock crowing, followed by the Good Morning song at 10am. Grrr!! The "relax" pool is right next to the kids pool and playground - it's only called that because the animation team leave you alone, but you still here them in and around the main pool as all the pools are so close together. The evening shows were good, except for the "Miss Paloma" - yes there is that Butlins influence again! However, the entertainment after the shows takes part in a street - the main street where people are trying to get through with pushchairs and kids and where waiters are trying (and failing) to serve everyone. More than 10 people dancing would be impossible. Have posted some photos - have many more. Our balcony overlooked a service road and a water pump station. The beach was beautiful and sandy and the sea was warm - and this was the only solace we had for this holiday. Would never return here. Next year, it's back to the Renaissance for some real luxury!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paloma Grida Village & Spa is in the middle of a natural wonder with over 100 bird species. Village owns sandy beach and palm shaded romantic gardens and offers spacious accommodations with balcony, five a la carte, one buffet service (total seven restaurants) and four bars that cater every taste and four outdoor, one heated indoor (total 5) swimming pools including water park and separate kids pool. Live music, live shows and disco club available for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Paloma Grida Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paloma Grida Village And Spa
- Paloma Grida Village Belek
- Paloma Grida Village Hotel Belek
- Grida Village Belek