“One of the best holidays i have ever had!”

Paloma Grida Resort & Spa
Ranked #43 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

It was a little while ago i stayed here but it's a brilliant hotel. We went back here twice as it just has everything you need! The food was great and had a variety of stuff to choose from and can normally pick out something you like. Entertainment staff were brilliant and did everything for you and the entertainment itself was brilliant. Rooms were huge and well cleaned. Beaches were beautiful and lots of water sports to do. Over brilliant holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank kaylasmith1989
Gokhan S, Night Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2015

Dear Guest,

I would like thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is my second visit to Paloma Grida Village.
The room I stayed in was 1508, which was centrally located within the village, The rooms have been modernised since my last visit not more bath just a nice shower and the old furniture has been updates as well. The view from this room was overlooking the building next to it and the stair well so not a good view this being said I did not complain about the view as the room is only some where to put your head down to sleep.
The cleaning of the room could be better floors dirty.
The Shower blocked up so had to call reception to unblock it, If the cleaners take time to clean properly then this would not happen, I was not prepaid to unblock myself as not sure when it was last cleaned out (filter to stop hairs etc blocking the water from flowing away). see picture
We was also giving a dirty towel to dry our selves with (My Daughter came out of the shower telling this towel is dirty) see picture.
Also when they take the empty bottles from the room they used to take them away not leave outside the apartment door on the floor or little area by the banisters, why not take them away with you rather than leaving them there sometimes up to three days!!!!

Now on to the Food whilst we enjoyed the food it did start to become a bit repetitive also a little bland. The Saffron restaurant during the day has taken away the flat breads which we used to like to use with the kebab meats. So the alternative was the burger buns not as nice as freshly made flat bread. The main buffet restaurant you had to be early if you wanted a clean table as we found out. The last time we was here they had an army of people turning over the tables, before you even sat down they would be there cleaning up quick.

We did try the Chinese and the Steak House both average, But for the extra price I don't think it was worth it although makes a change from self services.

Drinks - Some branded Drinks? Club Havana and Malibu
During the course of our holiday my wife asked for a Malibu and pinapple which I was giving the local branded Malibu which my wife did not like very much. Then one day at the Blanca Bar near the amphitheater the person in front of me asked the bar man for Malibu and Pepsi the bar got the Branded bottle out from under the counter and poured the man his drink put the bottle back under the counter. Then I asked for Malibu and Pinapple to which the bar man poured me the cheap local brand Malibu even when I showed him the picture of the branded bottle and told him he put the bottle under the counter. He did not understand "conveniently"...
I saw the Assistant General Manager and the Berevage Manager outside the Blanca Bar the following Day and expressed my disatisfaction regarding the various issues I have had with the holiday and the Branded drinks etc. They said perhaps the bottle was finished I explained the bottle was put out of sight. After my complaint it was amazing the Malibu was put on the counter for everyone to see.....Also when the bottle was empty they throw it in the bin in front of me when out back and got another brand new bottle!!!!!!

Just my personal preference>
Efes or Tuborg = Efes
Coke Cola or Pepsi = Coke
Fanta or yedigun = Fanta

Now onto the Pool/Slides/Kids Club

The new Water park area was great my kids thought it was a great addition to the hotel whilst the bigger slides area has not been updated its a shame they have not put the none slip matting down as I mentioned 2 years ago to stop people from slipping over (which was still happening). The new Kids club was also a big hit with my girls " last time went in to the kids club but straight back out again and would not go back". But all has changed and my girls wanted to go back in every day for 1/2 hour to 1hour at a time, there was so much for them to do it really did make a change to see my girls happy with going into the kids club...They had soft player areas, computers, touch screen computer games, Cinema area and much much more...
The Children's Disco of an evening could be improved a bit more variety rather than the same songs every night.

So I would like to thank the Animation team who made my girls feel welcome and that they enjoyed going back...Gökhan, Damla, Tanya, Emely, Hanna and Yana.... Well Done all.

Just to round up, I don't think I will go back mainly due to the fact of the cleanness and turn around of the tables also cleanness of the rooms and towels. Then choice of drinks which is a personal preference....

Room Tip: My room "1508" was within the Village but the view was overlooking the stair well from the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MrYettie
Senem S, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Mr Yettie

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that we could impress you with our achievements in service and hospitality over the past years and at the same time sad to realise that you were not really satisfied this time, which is not our standard. We would like to thank you again for your feedback, which is the best way for us to be aware of areas for improvements as well as services which should keep their high standard.
It would be great to see you and serve you again.

Best regards

Senem Sapmaz
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Being one to usually take things at face value, I don't really see what there is to grumble about this place.
The activities are first rate if you want to take part, and no hard sell if you don't. Kids are very well catered for, and for the most part you can almost leave them to their own devices. No problems with the rooms, perfectly adequate for the amount of time you spend in them!
I feel I have to make a special mention to Hason and Habip from the 18+ bar. We had one of the Cabanas outside twice during our stay, and felt the service that was offered was worth pointing out, because sometimes that personal touch makes it memorable. Credit where credit is due :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank KtandJase

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here from the 29th May, until the 8th June 2014. Had a fantastic holiday, my wife and I, also two friends. Could not fault anything, food was great, (I only eat chicken), there was plenty of options for all tastes, room was cleaned every day, mini bar stocked as you used it, clean towles, etc, nothing too complain about. Would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms we had were great, but when we booked, we did not get the option of the Lake Side Villas?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank John F

Dear John,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is not a hotel. This is not evena resort. It is a Heaven Village. The availabilty of facilities & relazing programmes are endless.
Everything a family with a wide range of children could want.
From 5 differnent slides, 2 water villages, 3 pools and 300m from the beach, its perfect. Even has an over 18+ bar!!
The only problem is the childrens beds arent that comfortable, so if there old enough to moan u may want to think about making sure u get proper single beds not the sette convertables that we had.
The food is beyond excellent! Healthy, freshly cooked on site, wide range of veggie options. Ridiculous range of desserts. Food from all over turkey & Europe.
Fresh towels when ever you need or want.
My Advice:
Take Turkish Lira NOT euros. They want euros but you can haggle with TL which we did and got some right bargains in the resorts high street.
This is not a resort for couples, it is full of children and screaming toddlers, there are quite areas but 80% of the time there will be a family near you.
I attended with my family and there children, i would go back when i have my own children as i know we would have a holiday where every need was met.
p.s the eye candy from the holiday reps is worth the trip! Hehe!

Room Tip: My Advice: Take Turkish Lira NOT euros. They want euros but you can haggle with TL which we did and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Morgan R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First impressions

Arrived 31st May 2014, the Paloma Grida Village & Spa does not look very enticing as you pull up and certainly not a 5 star impression.

However, once you have a wander around the layout and amenities are very good and offer a relaxing and safe environment.

Rooms

We stayed in block 19 overlooking the quiet pool which in the day was very nice, however at night a whole different story! I will explain that in detail later!

The room itself is clean and tidy if a little basic, it certainly is not up to UK 5 Star standards, I would give the room a 3 star plus. Our room had a standard double, a single bed and a dodgy sofa/bed, not a sofa bed it was a sofa that was allocated as a bed bizarrely.

Apparently recently refurbished but in my opinion it was still tired and needed more effort to make it comfy. The balconies are very small, two people fill them and they only have 2 chairs and a small table so no use really.

The rooms have a safe and a mini bar, both are free which is handy!

As mentioned our block was over the quiet pool in the day but at night the neighbouring hotel, the Limak Astoria, starts up a very loud RAVE with mc and full on laser show! This is so loud the room vibrates and you cannot get away from the base! At the time I am writing this the music being played is continually shouting swear words which when you have young children is completely unacceptable!

I kid you not about the noise coming from the neighbouring hotel, forget sleep if you are anywhere near block 19! It starts around 11pm and finishes in the early hours! I have complained and called reception on numerous occasions but they have no control over the hotel next door so you are just stuck with it! I did Ibiza, magaluf etc etc when I was younger and I swear the music was not this intrusive and I went for the noise then!

My advice, bring large ear defenders or don't book this HOTEL!

Pools

The complex has 5 pools in total, one quiet one, one lively one, one with the large slides (which are very good), one kids one with small slides and one large water park type for younger kids up to 8-10 I would say.

The pools are exceptionally well maintained and all very clean with lifeguards on duty. The lifeguards do the job properly as well which is reassuring when you have kids with you.

Beach

The beach is right on site with direct access, their are lots of sun loungers looking over the beach which is nice as well as loungers on the beach itself. The beach is clean and again with a life guard and a variety of water sports available, jet skis, Banana boats, paraglide etc. The beach is sand but the waters edge is pebbly. The sea is quite choppy though so small children cannot safely paddle unattended. It is also very windy on the beach so inflatables cannot be used. Beach huts are also available.

Their are 6 places to eat, the main Paloma Restaurant, Seasons, Lotus (Chinese), steak house, Saffran, Lake villas.

The food in the Paloma restaurant is the best in my opinion although still not great. The variety on offer is quite large but in my opinion they use the cheaper cuts of meat whenever possible which takes away the enjoyment. I have never seen turkey or chicken with so much fat!

If you compare the food on offer to a cruise ship, again 5 star, their is no comparison! Royal Caribbean & P&O knock the Paloma Grida out of the park on food!

We also eat at Seasons. We found the meals foul and disgusting. I ordered beef to start and chicken with mustard for my main. The beef arrived raw in slithers and resembled sliced radish rather than beef, it tasted like off toothpaste! The main arrived as rolled up chicken stuffed with mustard which looked ok till you cut it. The outer layer was thick fatty skin and the inner parts were the cheaper left over bits of chicken all stuffed together inside the skin to form a roll around the mustard, I left it all on my plate and went hungry! Two other couples in the restaurant that night left before the deserts were served, every table sent plates back full with food! Really bad!

I cannot say about the other restaurants as that put me off not seeing my food before consuming it, hence why I state the main restaurant to be your best choice as at least you can see what you are getting before you eat it!

Conclusion

The Paloma Grida is a nice hotel, definitely not 5 star though, I would say 4 star at a push and thus is mainly based on the amenities. Food in my opinion is a big part of your holiday so if it is awful then the stars have to go so 4 stars is generous when the food is this bad.

I would also like to say that during our time here most of the other guests were not British. This hotel is very popular with the Russians, very popular! The first language on announcements and the staff is Russian, the Russians are rude, don't queue and aggressive, we watched 2 Russians having a punch up one night in the theatre, this was at least more entertaining than the nightly shows!

If you are Russian on the other hand then this hotel is for you.

I will not be recommending the Paloma Grida, I have enjoyed my stay mostly, but I won't be returning as I think there are better hotels in the same area which offer more for the same price!

Room Tip: Don't go near block 19 or the central area rooms if you want to sleep during your holiday!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Claire O
AYHAN Ç, Genel Müdür at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Claire ,
Thank you for letting us know about your experince through Trip Advisor .
I went through your comments ..
We contacted the neighbouring hotel Gm after your review and solved the problem.
They have a party in the garden once a week and will keep the volume down .
If you intend to book again I will recommend you a room a way from Neighbour hotel.
You can get in touch with me for the next booking .
Wishing you all the best
Ayhan Çakıcı
General Maneger

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited Paloma Grida the last two weeks in May as a party of 4 adults and 5 children between the ages of 11 and 5. Overall the hotel was lovely and I would recommend, however there were a few negative issues which would stop us from personally going again and I'll come to those later....

The hotel is roughly 40 minutes from the airport and the reception staff were efficient in checking us in.

ROOMS

Any negative reviews on here regarding the rooms are now irrelevant as they've all been refurbished to a high standard. Our room was spacious with a king size bed, single bed and day bed suitable for a child. There was plentiful wardrobe and drawer space, a dressing table, free safe and mini fridge which houses water, fizzy drinks, juice and beer (all free and regularly re-stocked). The bathroom was very contemporary with a huge walk in shower. The maids were lovely and did a brilliant job. We were in Block 42 which was quite near reception and Zomm Bar but the rooms were well insulated so we weren't affected by noise.

POOLS

A large main pool which hosts the pool games, etc is lively with loud music playing part of the day (sometimes you feel you're on a 18-30 holiday rather than a family break!!). There is a small baby pool then the pool housing the smaller children's water park with slides, climbing stuff, water jets, etc and then the other water park area with 4 larger slides. There is also the "relaxing" pool which is round the back and quieter. There are lifeguards on duty 9-6 and do a good job as well as having a joke with you. There are lots of sun loungers and it was a pleasant surprise not to have to get up at Silly O'Clock to reserve any. We popped our towels down on the way to breakfast and always got the spot we wanted.

FOOD

The main restaurant has indoor and outdoor areas. Huge salad bar and dessert buffets and outside cooking as well as the hot indoor buffet. Spaghetti and sauce, chicken in various forms and chips were available at all times in case the kids couldn't find anything else. Chicken, fish and veal were popular and on the whole the food was lovely. There was only really a couple of nights over the fortnight when I struggled to find something I like and I'm a fussy eater!! You'll be in heaven if you like cakes and pastries as they're plentiful at all meals times and there is also a Patisserie where you can enjoy an afternoon coffee and cake. The Italian restaurant by the main pool is a la carte in the evening but you can use is without booking for lunch and it does kebabs and burgers, etc. There are various a la carte restaurants but you can only book them the day before after 9am and by 9.10am they were all full so we didn't bother.

ENTERTAINMENT

The main evening entertainment was excellent. In the ampitheatre most nights and occasionally by the beach bar. There is a kids disco 8.30-9.30 which is really only suitable for kids under 6 I would say. Same music every night and then at the end they give out t-shirts and other stuff the kids have made that day at Kids Club which we thought was very tedious and unneccasry for the vast majority of people there. However, once the disco is over then main entertainment starts; during our fortnight we saw a Mamma Mia and Lion Kind show, various dance groups, singers and acrobats, etc and they were all fabulous. After 10.30 most people head off to Zomm Bar which is situated on the "street" where the Patisserie and shops are. There is usually music of some sort and people dance in the "street".

Apart from one of two members of staff in the bars, overall we found all the staff very cheerful and helpful. The overall site was very clean, the gardens well kept and we loved the fact they cared for the cats on site with a little cat house and food and they had some them neutered.

Anyway now for the negatives......

RESTAURANT STAFFING - the main restaurant is under-staffed. The first week was fine but once we got into the kids half term the second week and it got busier then they couldn't cope. Tables didn't get cleared so if you came for dinner at 7.30 you had to clear your own table before sitting down. They ran out of spoons for dessert, bowls for cereal in a morning, trays were empty of food and slow to restock. The staff they had all worked like trojans but there just weren't enough of them. An extra half dozen waiters would have made all the difference!

KIDS ACTIVITIES - there is a kids club. Its run by the hotel animation team in a very large, new and bright area. Thomas Cook kids club only have one small room within this area and you have to sign your kids up to both for them to use all the facilities. There is a soft play area, craft area, etc which is all lovely for younger children (6 and under) and I imagine the rave reviews on here for the kids club were from parents with younger children. There is also a teenage area with computer games, pool tables and computer screens with internet access - BUT THERE IS NOTHING FOR THE AGE 6-13 GROUP. The 2 boys in our group (age 9 and 11) went to kids club one morning and were given colouring to do!!!! There is a football pitch but not once did the Animation/Kids Club organise a kids game, it was left up to the Dads to do. The staff came round most days to try and get adults to join in with water polo, darts, football, pool games, tennis but only twice were the kids asked to join in water games!! Our kids asked to join in other stuff but were told it was for 13 years and older!!! The hotel pitches itself as a family hotel and must realise the adults want to relax whilst their kids are entertained.

It could be that as the season progresses the hotel recruit more restaurant staff and up their game with the kids entertainment but they should really be doing this by the end of May. As I said we all loved the hotel and felt it was such a shame it was let down in those two areas. If those issues were resolved we'd certainly be back.......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family