“Sublime. Best family holiday ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paloma Grida Resort & Spa

Paloma Grida Resort & Spa
Ranked #48 of 88 Hotels in Belek
“Sublime. Best family holiday ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Where to start?!
Just back from an incredible 10 day stay at the Paloma Grida in Belek. Not normally one to write reviews but such was the holiday we had I thought it was the least I could do.

Initial impressions - as stated previously on here - were not great of the hotel. The four we dropped off at on the way were all greeted by bellboys and cold drinks, our arrival we had to get our bags ourselves and make our own way to reception. Not a problem whatsoever, just thought it would be worth interesting if management read this, could be a nice little touch.

Room - we probably had the best room in the entire complex. 18.02, right opposite the fantastic kids pool and adjacent to the plaza area with amphitheater and restaurants etc. Had no problems with the room and its location made a fantastic difference to our holiday, only a short walk to kids play area too. The only complaint I would have is the Mojito Night party the noise was absolutely ridiculous until 2am, although I'm pretty sure wherever you were that night the noise wouldve been a problem. Definately something the management need to address. Apart from that - perfect. Satellite TV, great terrace, good air-con, decent wi-fi connection, kettle and lovely bathroom.

Pools - incredible. The new kids one is absolutely fantastic, only 30cm deep so ideal even for toddlers. Plenty of loungers although you do have to get up before 8 to reserve your spec. The slides and open 10-12 and then 2-5. One slight issue is that during our ten night stay three pools were closed for 24 hours at different times do to human excrement found in them. I've never encountered anything like this before on holiday so cannot decide whether it says more about the guests or the hotels cleanliness?

Food - fantastic. Both the international (pasta) one and the Turkish one were lovely (both free) and the steak and the Chinese one were spot on too (€15 p/p, book the day before). Buffet restaurant near main pool food was great altough was a problem finding a clean table and especially a clean high chair at peak times. I'd suggest they need more staff on hand to clear tables at busier times. The food itself was fine however.

Beach - only visited once, mainly because the pools were so good and the fact that the water was choppy and the sand made up of pebbles, shingle and sand.

Drinks - my only criticism of the hotel and the holiday. First off the draught lager - Tuborg - is poor. Should really go with Efes like most other Turkish hotels, would make a massive difference. Seconldly the bar staff are critically understaffed and more often than not you would have to queue for a drink. Thirdly the quality of the drinks were poor. Not due to the hard working staff I hasten to add, just the rubbish plastic cups, lager only in half measures etc. Don't mind local branded vodka etc but I do object to drinking out of a cheap plastic cup. Definately an area they need to address.

Kids entertainment and shows - great. Our 18 month old loved the kids area, full of mini cars, toys, books, pens and paper, cinema, everything you could wish for, and outside the waterpark on a rubber surface, great fun for splashing about. Of an evening the kids disco was super and the shows were good too - particularly the professional dance ones, rather than 'lotto' and 'miss paloma' which were a bit poor to be honest. For older kids there are two internet cafes, pool tables, table football and an actual football pitch on grass near the beach.

Can't think of anything more to add really. Just a great all round family hotel. Staff very hardworking, good mix of guests - British, Polish, Russian, Dutch, German, Turkish etc. Great talking to different nationalities, all the guests we spoke to over the holiday were really nice and welcoming.

We will definately consider coming back to this hotel. It is not a 5 star compared to others in Belek such as the Voyage or Cornelia but it is still well worth considering, if only for the kids facilities alone. They do however need to upgrade the bars and the drinks, particularly the awful Tuborg. (Please get Efes!). Just to add the town of Belek is within walking distance from the hotel - 10 mins max. however it isnt great for restaurants and bars as a lot of the hotels in the area are all inclusive. Mainly cheap shops selling the usual tat. Maybe worth a look if you're at a loose end one night but don't break a neck if you can't make it, you aren't missing much.

Many thanks for a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the main street as the Zomm bar is busy of a night and very loud with sin...
8 Thank MerchantNavy84
Gokhan S, Night Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 December 2015
Dear Guest,

I would like thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Gökhan ŞAHİN Night Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

As we were there for a week to surprise our Grandchildren, who were there for a second visit, we were impressed by the hotel on the whole. There is certainly room for improvement in certain areas ie: more staff in the dining room, had to wait for tables to be cleaned and for drinks to be served. A la carte could use some improvement. Entertainment staff were superb, in particular, Tufan and Eşref were brilliant at customer relations, always willing to chat and spend time with us.
A waiter called Alper was the only waiter who smiled all the time, so he stood out ! Our room was directly above Zomm bar so was extremely loud at night due to the bands playing, but it did not affect us as the music finished every night by midnight. But if you want a quiet early night whilst there, you need to be away from the village street area. Food was plentiful and varied, the live cooking stations were very good. The live shows were wonderful, especially the Lion King. Using the kids from the kids club was amazing, never seen that done anywhere before. Room was clean, comfortable and the tea/coffee making facilities a bonus ! Our daughter commented that many things had been improved on and refurbishments had been made since last year, so keep up the good work Paloma !

Room Tip: Don't stay in 6104 if you want an early night ie: before midnight as the music is loud from the...
3 Thank Gail B
Dear Gail,

Beverley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok i will try to be as honest as possible and give a fair impression.

First of all if you are going to travel to this area of Turkey then you need to know, you are going to encounter Russians and probably a lot of them, if you don't want this then go to another area. We found this hotel actually with only a few Russians, it was mainly French, German, Dutch and a good number of British, usually the more expensive the hotel the more Russians. We found a lot of the guests to be friendly.

We arrived in the afternoon and we weren't greeted by anyone, we didn't receive a welcome drink however whenever we saw anyone else check in they did, however no big deal, check in was quick and straightforward, although this was the first time we found the staff didn't speak English.

The bags were taken to our room and it was just a short walk for us, the room was pretty much ground floor (couple of steps up), it was a fair size but pretty minimal, was not quite what we were expecting, there was only a shower which our 2 year old slipped in and fell and cut her hand, apparently there are baths but in the superior/family rooms?? You may want to be aware of this if travelling with a little one, we were a little disappointed with the room but decided it would be ok. The balcony is tiny and there are not many on the complex that are big, you cannot sit out and this was quite a big thing for us, you're lucky if you can hang clothes out!!

The light up mirror didn't work and we reported it but was never fixed. We had coffee in the room the first night after this we never got anymore, we asked for some one evening at 7pm and then they came knocking about 11pm to give us just enough for morning, we never got anymore. The floor was filthy to the point that i had now put a towel in the shower to stop my little one falling again and by the time we had all got out of the shower it was black with footprints from the floor, (the Thomas Cook rep said she would get me a rubber mat for the shower, we are still waiting, incase anyone was wondering why i used a towel). There was no cot in the room when we arrived it wasn't a problem but i think its nice when the room looks ready for you!!

The kids club, the pools, the slides fab fab fab, lots for everyone of all ages. pools were clean and the lifeguards did a very good job and held a real presence which i though was really good.
The shows were good and all the animation team worked hard doing lots. I would say it can still be slippy round splash areas and in small pools and perhaps take jellies if you have little ones so they don't fall.

The beer was mainly Tuborg would have been nice to get some variance. Wine was all the same everywhere and more often then not warm, spirits were awful, some were branded but not many, they had never heard of dark rum, and after a while you get used to it warm and in plastic glasses, presentation was something to be desired. We asked one night if we could have a bottle of wine from a bar which was 30 meters from our room but no they couldn't do that, i could pay and ring room service, or i could order 10 glasses of wine instead!!! Tried to sort something out at reception which was pointless as they don't understand you anyway, and agreed i could have glasses instead!!!!

Food was ok nothing special, some bits worse then others, we paid for the steak restaurant, my husband said his was good, mine was awful i couldn't eat it, they did offer to change it but it took them all the time to ask that i really didn't want anything by then. Buffet was ok but things ran out quick and so lots of queuing, if you want a decent breakfast the omlettes were good, the guy cooking them is a legend, he does eggs and pretty much everything and you'll see him later doing ice cream. if you want toast think again, the toaster is terrible.

The snack bar!! Well if you want a laugh go here, we were quite astonished at things going on but we did laugh, it was like a comedy sketch out of faulty towers. Orders going in, wrong food coming out, half orders coming out, wobbly tables, complaints, you were lucky when you got a drink. My husband asked if they were serving one day, they brought him fruit, he asked for a burger after and the guy was really not happy, i asked for a 2 chicken quesadillas and we got 1 steak wrap, they spoke no English i kid you not this was happening to everyone. There was 5 people cooking but you never got your food at same time. Crazy place.

For us the staff was a big let down, it was hard work most of the time and it really shouldn't be like that. We were spoilt the previous year with staying at the Maxx Royal as this is in a league of its own, however we weren't expecting anything like but for a hotel only 5 away from this one they are worlds apart on every level. We had a great holiday but a decent drink and to chat to people in the hotel would have been great.

If it's 5* luxury you are after please don't go, if you want cheap cheerful and fun in the sun then this is fine.

The only guy we met who spoke English who was nice was the guy who rents the cars, he told us he had worked in Marmaris and this was why.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank fwalsh229

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

It was a little while ago i stayed here but it's a brilliant hotel. We went back here twice as it just has everything you need! The food was great and had a variety of stuff to choose from and can normally pick out something you like. Entertainment staff were brilliant and did everything for you and the entertainment itself was brilliant. Rooms were huge and well cleaned. Beaches were beautiful and lots of water sports to do. Over brilliant holiday!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank kaylasmith1989

Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is my second visit to Paloma Grida Village.
The room I stayed in was 1508, which was centrally located within the village, The rooms have been modernised since my last visit not more bath just a nice shower and the old furniture has been updates as well. The view from this room was overlooking the building next to it and the stair well so not a good view this being said I did not complain about the view as the room is only some where to put your head down to sleep.
The cleaning of the room could be better floors dirty.
The Shower blocked up so had to call reception to unblock it, If the cleaners take time to clean properly then this would not happen, I was not prepaid to unblock myself as not sure when it was last cleaned out (filter to stop hairs etc blocking the water from flowing away). see picture
We was also giving a dirty towel to dry our selves with (My Daughter came out of the shower telling this towel is dirty) see picture.
Also when they take the empty bottles from the room they used to take them away not leave outside the apartment door on the floor or little area by the banisters, why not take them away with you rather than leaving them there sometimes up to three days!!!!

Now on to the Food whilst we enjoyed the food it did start to become a bit repetitive also a little bland. The Saffron restaurant during the day has taken away the flat breads which we used to like to use with the kebab meats. So the alternative was the burger buns not as nice as freshly made flat bread. The main buffet restaurant you had to be early if you wanted a clean table as we found out. The last time we was here they had an army of people turning over the tables, before you even sat down they would be there cleaning up quick.

We did try the Chinese and the Steak House both average, But for the extra price I don't think it was worth it although makes a change from self services.

Drinks - Some branded Drinks? Club Havana and Malibu
During the course of our holiday my wife asked for a Malibu and pinapple which I was giving the local branded Malibu which my wife did not like very much. Then one day at the Blanca Bar near the amphitheater the person in front of me asked the bar man for Malibu and Pepsi the bar got the Branded bottle out from under the counter and poured the man his drink put the bottle back under the counter. Then I asked for Malibu and Pinapple to which the bar man poured me the cheap local brand Malibu even when I showed him the picture of the branded bottle and told him he put the bottle under the counter. He did not understand "conveniently"...
I saw the Assistant General Manager and the Berevage Manager outside the Blanca Bar the following Day and expressed my disatisfaction regarding the various issues I have had with the holiday and the Branded drinks etc. They said perhaps the bottle was finished I explained the bottle was put out of sight. After my complaint it was amazing the Malibu was put on the counter for everyone to see.....Also when the bottle was empty they throw it in the bin in front of me when out back and got another brand new bottle!!!!!!

Just my personal preference>
Efes or Tuborg = Efes
Coke Cola or Pepsi = Coke
Fanta or yedigun = Fanta

Now onto the Pool/Slides/Kids Club

The new Water park area was great my kids thought it was a great addition to the hotel whilst the bigger slides area has not been updated its a shame they have not put the none slip matting down as I mentioned 2 years ago to stop people from slipping over (which was still happening). The new Kids club was also a big hit with my girls " last time went in to the kids club but straight back out again and would not go back". But all has changed and my girls wanted to go back in every day for 1/2 hour to 1hour at a time, there was so much for them to do it really did make a change to see my girls happy with going into the kids club...They had soft player areas, computers, touch screen computer games, Cinema area and much much more...
The Children's Disco of an evening could be improved a bit more variety rather than the same songs every night.

So I would like to thank the Animation team who made my girls feel welcome and that they enjoyed going back...Gökhan, Damla, Tanya, Emely, Hanna and Yana.... Well Done all.

Just to round up, I don't think I will go back mainly due to the fact of the cleanness and turn around of the tables also cleanness of the rooms and towels. Then choice of drinks which is a personal preference....

Room Tip: My room "1508" was within the Village but the view was overlooking the stair well from the...
3 Thank MrYettie
Senem S, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mr Yettie

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that we could impress you with our achievements in service and hospitality over the past years and at the same time sad to realise that you were not really satisfied this time, which is not our standard. We would like to thank you again for your feedback, which is the best way for us to be aware of areas for improvements as well as services which should keep their high standard.
It would be great to see you and serve you again.

Best regards

Senem Sapmaz
Guest Relations Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Being one to usually take things at face value, I don't really see what there is to grumble about this place.
The activities are first rate if you want to take part, and no hard sell if you don't. Kids are very well catered for, and for the most part you can almost leave them to their own devices. No problems with the rooms, perfectly adequate for the amount of time you spend in them!
I feel I have to make a special mention to Hason and Habip from the 18+ bar. We had one of the Cabanas outside twice during our stay, and felt the service that was offered was worth pointing out, because sometimes that personal touch makes it memorable. Credit where credit is due :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank KtandJase

Buckie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here from the 29th May, until the 8th June 2014. Had a fantastic holiday, my wife and I, also two friends. Could not fault anything, food was great, (I only eat chicken), there was plenty of options for all tastes, room was cleaned every day, mini bar stocked as you used it, clean towles, etc, nothing too complain about. Would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms we had were great, but when we booked, we did not get the option of the Lake Side Villas?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank John F
Dear John,

Gökhan ŞAHİN Night Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Gloria Verde Resort
Xanadu Resort Hotel
#20 of 88 in Belek
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,214 reviews
Cornelia De Luxe Resort

Been to Paloma Grida Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!