“the good and the bad !”

Paloma Grida Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel from the 5th-12th June.arrived late at nite and after check in went in search of restaurant. Not much choice but it was late.to our horror there were cats all over,including on the tables.my children were terrified an my little boy was actually crying.few waiters about yet no one bothered to remove the cats.we were told that they had their own food so didn't beg for any from guests.unfortunately there were so many guests feeding them from their plates that this continued for the whole time we were there.I knew about the cats when we booked but certainly didn't expect them in the dining areas,not hygienic at all ! Rooms are lovely but if you want to enjoy sitting on the balcony with ur family then forget it.balconies are so small there's only room for 1chair.we tipped the maid on our 1st day and she did a great job.towels made into hearts ect.mini fridge was also filled regularly. Only down side to this was that we had some money took from our room and could only have been either of them.rooms do have tea making facilities but these were never refilled even after several phone calls to reception ! We found the food ok,and only a few times struggled to find something we liked.we ate at the snack bar only twice as the service was so bad.total chaos. Young waiters who don't understand English. We still waiting for our drinks ! A la carte snack bar wasn't much better.everyone's food brought out at different times so 1 person finished eating before anyone else's brought out. Pools are fab,especially the new kids 1.loads of slides and sprinklers.entertainment was very hit an miss and drinks from this area were only half measures if you were lucky. Only serve 1 type of larger,tuborg.cocktails were OK tho better at zomm bar,full measures an served in a glass.kids went to the Thomas cook kids club a couple of times and loved it,especially the chocolate party. Cost £10 for 3 hrs an was well worth it.patisserie is worth a visit,lovely coffee an even better cakes ! Few shops in street in hotel and reasonably priced,can even still haggle with them.staff were lovely there an went out their way to speak to you.the man from the silver shop even learnt my daughter some Turkish words.on the whole it doesn't deserve the 5*,more a 3+ and we wouldn't return sadly as there are much better hotels in the area for near enough the same price.

Room Tip: Rooms above zomm bar are best avoided if you've got young children as very loud music outside ti...
4  Thank Lorraine P
AYHAN Ç, Genel Müdür at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Loraine,

Thank your for taking the time to write this post. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it helps us to improve the quality of our products and services to you. I am sad to read that your expectations were not met by our hotel this year. We have made note of the areas and aspects which you have pointed out require our attention and have begun taking the steps necessary to provide a better holiday experience for you in the nearest future.

There are newer reviews for Paloma Grida Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were persuaded to go to Turkey with my daughter & her family, after they had a fantastic holiday last year at the Royal Wings Resort, Lara Beach. We booked through Thomas Cook.
To list this as a 5 star is an absolute joke! We struggled to rate it 3 star.

On arrival at midnight we were told that we had been put in rooms near each other and we had been upgraded and had superior rooms. We had to walk out of reception (which was an open air court yard set up) out to the front to block 28. My daughter was on the second floor (with a buggy) and we were on the top floor. No way were these superior rooms and my daughter didn't get the side sea view room she had booked. In fact we were told there are no such things as sea view rooms, only glimpses of it. The rooms were definitely not 5 star. Basic, simple, ok. The tea and coffee facilities were there 1 night then they seemed to be none existent. The fridge was not always stocked either although there were some cold drinks in there.

The buffet restaurant ..where do I start? an absolute disgrace. A huge, noisy room with dirty tables, not one was clean when we went in and we always had to wait. Rude staff, who didn't care at all, pushing dirty trolleys around, clearing tables at random, nobody seem to know what they were doing or where they were supposed to be stationed. There was not one time in there that plates were not dropped, glasses smashed and no one bothering to clear them up, only in their own time when by that time people were walking through the mess. The food was a disgrace. The only good thing was the omelettes cooked by a jolly little man. Credit to you. The children also liked and lived on the pancakes and crepes but only a few were cooked at a time and it took ages to get one. They were always running out of food and were slow to re stock. To say the food was repetitive would be an understatement. Dinner was worse. Sometimes we lifted the lids of the food and it looked like a load of slosh...same thing every night. We ordered drinks and were lucky if they appeared. We decided it was quicker to get them ourselves.
The outside restaurant near the pool was as bad. Food either never came or came in drips and drabs. Glasses & plates were dropped all the time. Really dangerous as people/ children sometimes had bare feet or flip flops on. Slush puppies during the day were never ready until midday and drinks were served sometimes in glasses, but mostly in soft plastic cups and polystyrene cups. You had to ask for ice and if you didn't ask for all your drinks at one go they served the next person ignoring you.
The A La Carte restaurants were just as bad. Service appalling. Food appalling. 5 star????? When you had used your complimentary nights you had to pay extra to eat in them!!!!
The staff just seemed to find it funny. There was one waiter called Marcel who must be the laziest on the complex.

The entertainment was laugh a minute. So amateurish. Everything was mimed, even river dance and mamma Mia. They bumped into each other, didn't know the words... what a laugh.

Finally, on a positive note.
The children's part, this was the best thing on the complex. This was apparently all new. Lovely water slides and apparatus outside, all different depth of pools. Inside the children's club was lovely too. Soft climbing apparatus, slides, ball pit, swings for little ones, drawing, painting, computers etc. couldn't fault. Fruit for little ones. Staff were on the whole friendly but could have a bit more energy about them. How do they get these jobs?

We were not the only ones who felt like this as everyone we spoke to felt the same. Unfortunately our husbands golfed at the Montgomery Royal Maxx just up the road, this was also 5 star and it was a totally different experience.

We won't be going back or recommending it either.

Do not book, you will be disappointed after spending well saved money on a supposedly 5 star holiday.

7  Thank Casino4
AYHAN Ç, Genel Müdür at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Marion ,

First of all , I would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent holiday experience with us . We realy appriciated it very much. Your feedback is very important to us to be able to offer you better service in the future.

I feel very sorry that you were not happy with your holiday.

I went through your review in details.
We rechecked all the aspects of services where you pointed out areas for improvement and took the necessary actions .

I will be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.

With my personnel regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday at grida village with our 2 children age 4 and 7 and truly didn't want to come home.

First of all the one negative I found I'd like to get out of the way then I can sing this hotels praises. We found the hotel food to be very repetitive with little choice and when we tried to book the al carte restaurants they was full. I think they would have less al carte restaurants And make more choice available to all however this would not stop me returning as the positives outweighed this negative.

Now to the positives the rooms are clean modern and nicely decorated with a mini bar which was great whilst you was getting ready. They have a photo shop which is great and I'd recommend everyone to get photos done with them we got some done which was fantastic and reasonably priced. The pools on offer are fantastic and found it brilliant that they was all in the vicinity of each other making it easy to use them all. My kids loved the new splash zone and due to it only having a small amount of water meant we could chill whilst they played with all there friends they met on the slides and stuff. The bigger slides were also great and we all enjoyed going on the every afternoon. I loved the activities pool and thought the animation team did a fab job organising differAnt games and getting people involved. I was impressed by the amount of lifeguards on duty doing a great job.

Now the biggest WOW factor of the hotel goes to the animation team I have been all around the world and the kids club and shows were both the best iv ever seen. We was there a week and there was a garden party, foam and water party, beach party, circus acts and professional dancers. We was devastated we missed the lion king show we did watch the animation team practice and it looked fab, our children was upset we missed it as the children from kids club get involved which is something iv never seen done before. All the animation team are great hard working people who never miss saying hi and are always happy, enthusiastic and so much fun even after work stupid hours they was out having lots of fun with the guests. Special shout out goes to fatti, elvis and Mausaf fantastic guys but there was so many fantastic people in this hotel I'd be here forever. If anyone has fattis full name so I can add him on Facebook please send it to me I missed him on the last day as our transfer arrived an hour early and we was meant to meet to say bye!!!!

Lastly choice And variety of drinks were brilliant I loved the fact there was branded Bacardi, Malibu and Havana club rum. Cocktails were fantastic especially in zoombar as they were in proper cocktail glasses with chopped fruit to look nice. Tuborg was the beer on offer which my husband thought was great. Zoombar is fantastic I loved dancing in the street and the live singers.

So to conclude poloma grida ur animation team and kids facilities pulled you out of what could have been disappointing due to issues with the food. If this hotel improved it's food it would be perfect!!!!

1  Thank leanne m
Gokhan S, Night Manager at Paloma Grida Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2015

Dear Leanne,

I would like thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I never normally go by reviews on holidays/ hotels, but this time I feel the need to, just to warn others what the hotel is like...

Firstly there is no way this can be classed as a 5* hotel, in my opinion it pushes for 3*. The food is horrendous, no variation, no quality ingredients, no fresh food, no hot food! Soo dissapointing.
I can only reinterate a previous review, the snack bar is the biggest joke going, faulty towers eat your heart out! Not one member of staff knows what they're doing, where they're going or how to treat guests. There was not one meal time when plates or glasses weren't smashed/dropped at our feet, and not cleaned up, not great with children walking around.

Avoid the al carte restaurants, although the food is slightly better, the service Is equally as bad!

Facilities for the children were faultless, the polly club is amazing and staff very friendly in there, although at least one of the pools was closed every day.

Very dissapointing , considering the cost of the holiday, if your after a luxurious holiday, avoid!!!!!

Room Tip: We were stuck in the block at the front of the hotel even though we'd paid extra for a sea side...
4  Thank Dinnerclub10

Dear Guest ,
We have noted your comments and begun taking steps to improve in the areas you thought we were insufficiently developed. I am sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the quality of every product and service at our hotel, and happy to hear that you were very pleased with our Mini Club. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we strive to continue improving to provide you an increasingly better holiday experience in the years to come.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After being recommended this hotel from a friend, my partner and I were extremely excited to be taking our 18 month old daughter on her first holiday abroad. We chose this hotel due to the fact that it was advertised at 5* and wanted everything to be perfect.

On arrival we were not greeted by anyone, and so upon approach of reception we became a little overwhelmed. As advertised, we were not served with a welcome drink and was left standing at reception for at least 10 minutes before actually being acknowledged off the member of staff on his phone. To which a female then came to serve us but stated she spoke little English, therefore we would have to wait for the male. They spoke amongst themselves for a further 10 minutes (bearing in mind we had just been travelling with our infant for over 5 hours) before my partner actually asked whether "there was a problem?".

It seemed that although they should have been aware of our reservation, the room they had for us was on the second floor without access for a pram. Hence being told we would have to wait a further 45 minutes for them to have an alternative room ready!! Seems strange that check out time is 12pm yet at 8pm at night a room would still need cleaning?Our bags were then taken to the other side of the court and left for the entire duration that we were advised to go and eat dinner.

Although stressed at this point we decided that food and drink would perhaps make us feel a little better and so without direction found our own way to the restaurant. (we were not made aware of any lifts and so carried all of our hand luggage and baby in pram down at least 20 steps). Upon arrival of the main restaurant, it appeared as more of a canteen than a 5* eatery. It took us at least 5 minutes to find a table remotely clean, and even get served for a drink. This was extremely dissatisfying however full credit to those working in the restaurant as they were very busy and I believe there is need for more staff. Amongst the mayhem were Cats roaming round. We were aware that the hotel housed Cats prior to our holiday however surely for hygiene, we presumed there would be restriction to where they could roam- especially in restaurants?

After our dinner, we climbed the stairs and re-visited reception and was given our room key. Our bags we noted were still left in the same spot in clear view and access of any other guest. On a positive note, the location of our room was great and inside appeared clean and of reasonable size for our little family. Granted there were a few squashed insects on the floor and on roof, but i suppose 45 minutes for someone to clean it is hardly any time to be up to 5 * standard. Decor was modern and minimal and the bathroom especially was lovely. However our bathroom was fitted with a large shower (perfect for myself and partner however rather dangerous for our daughter who has only recently found her feet). The shower was quite slippy and wasn't equipped with any handrails, meaning that if we wanted to shower our daughter, one of us would have to go in too. Never-the-less, if our daughter was older then the room wouldn't have demonstrated any flaws.

The pools were great and had something for all ages, and we were particularly impressed with the kids water feature outside the kids club. Brill for our daughter at her age as there was no risk of drowning but had all the fun of the water. Unfortunately, during our stay a few of the pools were closed for the day, the reason was unbeknown to us. The hotel also openly states that it has a policy where people aren't allowed to reserve sun beds with their towels- however the majority of people would do so!

The bars on offer were located ideally for the full complex as drinks were accessible from all locations, however most of the time we felt our drink were rushed, often given glasses half full or cocktails having missed ingredients.

Staff were all friendly when approached, however seemed stretched and to not really to be enjoying jobs. It was noted that the same faces would be working morning, noon and night which understandably would reflect in their service.

The restaurant for the majority of our stay was the same old story- having to wander for a clean table or wait for someone to clean it, which became very stressful and NOT at all what you would expect from a 5*. Locating a clean high chair also proved difficult on numerous occasions also. Granted there was a wide variety of food available, however be careful of the meats cooked on the outside barbecue- some days it could be fab, but other they are rushed in producing quantity of which we found out with a raw chicken kebab!

Hotel has option of A La Carte restaurants which sound pretty impressive until you realise that in order to get a booking you would have to be at the booking office at the crack of dawn to secure a booking. We initially booked the fish restaurant 'ADA'- however when we arrived the weather on the beach was extremely windy (table clothes were clipped down to table) and the waves were crashing upon the decking below our feet. You would have thought that given the weather the restaurant could have re located to one of the other closed A La Carte's.

This hotel has so much potential to actually live up to its 5* star name, however personally given our experience we would not rate it so highly. Disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: Not above the main street as zoom bar plays music until late. If travelling with children ask for gr...
1  Thank JenniferH262014

.Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is very important to us. We have already begun making the necessary changes to improve the quality of our products and services where you have noted there being room for improvement. We look forward to hosting you again in the future and gratifying you with a much more enjoyable holiday experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Where to start?!
Just back from an incredible 10 day stay at the Paloma Grida in Belek. Not normally one to write reviews but such was the holiday we had I thought it was the least I could do.

Initial impressions - as stated previously on here - were not great of the hotel. The four we dropped off at on the way were all greeted by bellboys and cold drinks, our arrival we had to get our bags ourselves and make our own way to reception. Not a problem whatsoever, just thought it would be worth interesting if management read this, could be a nice little touch.

Room - we probably had the best room in the entire complex. 18.02, right opposite the fantastic kids pool and adjacent to the plaza area with amphitheater and restaurants etc. Had no problems with the room and its location made a fantastic difference to our holiday, only a short walk to kids play area too. The only complaint I would have is the Mojito Night party the noise was absolutely ridiculous until 2am, although I'm pretty sure wherever you were that night the noise wouldve been a problem. Definately something the management need to address. Apart from that - perfect. Satellite TV, great terrace, good air-con, decent wi-fi connection, kettle and lovely bathroom.

Pools - incredible. The new kids one is absolutely fantastic, only 30cm deep so ideal even for toddlers. Plenty of loungers although you do have to get up before 8 to reserve your spec. The slides and open 10-12 and then 2-5. One slight issue is that during our ten night stay three pools were closed for 24 hours at different times do to human excrement found in them. I've never encountered anything like this before on holiday so cannot decide whether it says more about the guests or the hotels cleanliness?

Food - fantastic. Both the international (pasta) one and the Turkish one were lovely (both free) and the steak and the Chinese one were spot on too (€15 p/p, book the day before). Buffet restaurant near main pool food was great altough was a problem finding a clean table and especially a clean high chair at peak times. I'd suggest they need more staff on hand to clear tables at busier times. The food itself was fine however.

Beach - only visited once, mainly because the pools were so good and the fact that the water was choppy and the sand made up of pebbles, shingle and sand.

Drinks - my only criticism of the hotel and the holiday. First off the draught lager - Tuborg - is poor. Should really go with Efes like most other Turkish hotels, would make a massive difference. Seconldly the bar staff are critically understaffed and more often than not you would have to queue for a drink. Thirdly the quality of the drinks were poor. Not due to the hard working staff I hasten to add, just the rubbish plastic cups, lager only in half measures etc. Don't mind local branded vodka etc but I do object to drinking out of a cheap plastic cup. Definately an area they need to address.

Kids entertainment and shows - great. Our 18 month old loved the kids area, full of mini cars, toys, books, pens and paper, cinema, everything you could wish for, and outside the waterpark on a rubber surface, great fun for splashing about. Of an evening the kids disco was super and the shows were good too - particularly the professional dance ones, rather than 'lotto' and 'miss paloma' which were a bit poor to be honest. For older kids there are two internet cafes, pool tables, table football and an actual football pitch on grass near the beach.

Can't think of anything more to add really. Just a great all round family hotel. Staff very hardworking, good mix of guests - British, Polish, Russian, Dutch, German, Turkish etc. Great talking to different nationalities, all the guests we spoke to over the holiday were really nice and welcoming.

We will definately consider coming back to this hotel. It is not a 5 star compared to others in Belek such as the Voyage or Cornelia but it is still well worth considering, if only for the kids facilities alone. They do however need to upgrade the bars and the drinks, particularly the awful Tuborg. (Please get Efes!). Just to add the town of Belek is within walking distance from the hotel - 10 mins max. however it isnt great for restaurants and bars as a lot of the hotels in the area are all inclusive. Mainly cheap shops selling the usual tat. Maybe worth a look if you're at a loose end one night but don't break a neck if you can't make it, you aren't missing much.

Many thanks for a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the main street as the Zomm bar is busy of a night and very loud with sin...
8  Thank MerchantNavy84

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As we were there for a week to surprise our Grandchildren, who were there for a second visit, we were impressed by the hotel on the whole. There is certainly room for improvement in certain areas ie: more staff in the dining room, had to wait for tables to be cleaned and for drinks to be served. A la carte could use some improvement. Entertainment staff were superb, in particular, Tufan and Eşref were brilliant at customer relations, always willing to chat and spend time with us.
A waiter called Alper was the only waiter who smiled all the time, so he stood out ! Our room was directly above Zomm bar so was extremely loud at night due to the bands playing, but it did not affect us as the music finished every night by midnight. But if you want a quiet early night whilst there, you need to be away from the village street area. Food was plentiful and varied, the live cooking stations were very good. The live shows were wonderful, especially the Lion King. Using the kids from the kids club was amazing, never seen that done anywhere before. Room was clean, comfortable and the tea/coffee making facilities a bonus ! Our daughter commented that many things had been improved on and refurbishments had been made since last year, so keep up the good work Paloma !

Room Tip: Don't stay in 6104 if you want an early night ie: before midnight as the music is loud from the...
3  Thank Gail B