Just returned after 2wk stay and good holiday. We booked a larger family room sea view and it was as pictured in Thomas Cook info - clean, modern and functional. Personally would prefer some form of partition in room to add privacy but we knew what to expect beforehand. Minor improvement would be for maid service to make room up for the 4 occupants as repeatedly done for 3. The in room minibar was useful when it was topped up, rectified when asked though. The paloma restaurant served a selection of food that suited all, as expected it was repetitive. It wasn't at the same standard as other 4 star European all inclusive for food from our experience but was fine, some dishes didn't look appetising but when tried were really tasty. We only ate in the Ada fish restaurant and saffran a l carte as we weren't early enough in calling for a reservation which lies with us. Food in both was fine and tasty and nice to be served. We always found a table in the main paloma and staff worked very hard. For lunch we also used saffran which was fine. There is a snack area gozleme serves pastry savouries, hot dog stand at 4pm nearby and cakes available in the patisserie. The 18+ bar by the beach is lovely and serves great drinks quiet and relaxing. The pools are brilliant along with fun slides in abundance loved by children. A huge recommendation to management start empowering lifeguards to ask parents to remove children without swim nappies and proper swim pants for babies and toddlers. They are on sale in hotel shop. There were regular toilet accidents due to parents not adhering to clearly signposted rules. What was good to see was the pools were closed for thorough treatment which is positive. Cleanliness in all public toilet areas was good. The indoor pool, ham am and gym were good. The outdoor exercise classes could be better advertised and times adjusted to have more in the morning. The animation team worked tirelessly and the entertainment was good. The bars in the village street were pleasant too. The childrens facilities were amazing,air conditioned complex, soft play, cinema, computer suite, games, toys etc. the Thomas Cook kids club was run to uk child care standards the team were friendly and engaging and their care evident. They went beyond expectations to care for the children of a parent who was unexpectedly hospitalised and still provided a service to others, a real credit to their professionalism. The children enjoyed being with the team and attending some evening parties, we have 6yr old twins.the beach is pleasant and sea warm, sun beds were never an issue. The hotel residents were a real international mix which was nice, a few very rude people whose language, behaviour towards staff wouldn't be tolerated in many places some being British so as with anything it wasn't any specific nationality. We met some really lovely families of various nationalities and enjoyed the mix. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this holiday for families. As in other reviews the rating isn't Uk 5 star but we didn't expect that anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paloma Grida Village & Spa is in the middle of a natural wonder with over 100 bird species. Village owns sandy beach and palm shaded romantic gardens and offers spacious accommodations with balcony, five a la carte, one buffet service (total seven restaurants) and four bars that cater every taste and four outdoor, one heated indoor (total 5) swimming pools including water park and separate kids pool. Live music, live shows and disco club available for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Paloma Grida Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paloma Grida Village And Spa
- Paloma Grida Village Belek
- Paloma Grida Village Hotel Belek
- Grida Village Belek