“Pleasantly surprised!”

Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

After booking this holiday we were concerned about the 4* rating especially for a Sentido branded hotel. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Golf resort a newer building with golfers in mind! None of us are golfers. We were transferred in a Golf buggy together with our luggage. This part is just over a year old – very nice rooms with a double & single bed, the shower room is very nice – large cubicle with cubbyhole to place your toiletries for the shower and your towels. Both the room and the shower were very clean with linen changed daily. Our mini-bar was restocked on a daily basis. The room overlooked the outside dining area with a reasonable size balcony. There were two golf buggies to ferry people between the two complexes. These were generally available, but there were problems after the entertainment finished and people wanted to return to the Golf hotel. Most of the entertainment was provided at the resort hotel with animators being based there; it seemed like a very lively area, with the pool games, flumes and activities. This part also had an Olympic size, laned swimming pool, very nice! The food seemed very good, although I had gastro enteritis during the later part of the holiday and I was not alone. It was then chefs appeared in our dining room and food temperature was taken. I think you just need to be careful, I do not have ice and wipe all fruit.
We also used the spa facility and had body massages and exfoliation treatments, very good standard provided by the therapist. The grounds of the hotel are excellent with football pitches and tennis courts. There is a wonderful waterfall effect in the front of the resort hotel. The entertainment held at the Resort theatre was reasonable with the normal acrobats, dancers, fire eaters, etc. it was for one hour which is probably enough at that standard. The beach area is very clean although we only managed two days at the beach, but it was nice to swim in the sea. I must commend some of the staff who went that little bit extra – Banu on reception at the Golf hotel who helped us with the medical facility and also the Customer services manger (the one with the injured hand from Karate) who also eventually provided us with service at the end of our stay. Thank you to both of them. It is definitely a 4* plus if you get the Golf resort, did not view the rooms in the Resort hotel so cannot say but the balconies and general view was that we were better off in the Golf part.

Room Tip: The Golf hotel rooms with odd numbers face the complex, they all begin with 5, then the floor number...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MojaySnodland_Kent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June 2012 for the first time. We went with friends who had been several times and kep asking us to go with them. I only wish I had taken up there offer sooner. Every thing about this hotel is the best, there was nothing you could find fault with. We were so impressed with it that we have just booked another week there, and we are going on the 13/10/2012. And have also arranged with our friends to return again in June 2013.believe me you will not find a hotel like this anywhere else in Turkey.
Elizabeth Kinder

Room Tip: We have a room on the 5th floor at the front of the hotel, the views were wonderful
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elizabeth K
North Yorks
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We are a family of three with a 7 year old. We have just returned from a 14 day holiday at the Sentido Zeynep Golf and Spa hotel. We have been to Turkey three times, 2 of which to Antalya. As we only have one trip a year, we love to go 4 star plus. We opted for the Spa hotel as we had read that the air con got switched off in the resort overnight. As it was 40 degrees most days, this wasn't an option for me.. There are three types of accommodation at this resort consisting of: Golf and Spa hotel, Resort hotel and Bungalows. The bungalows looked a bit grotty, so I would recommend going for one of the hotels. We ended up after breakfast at the Golf and Spa hotel, migrating to the Resort pool as it was where the kids played. There was a kids pool, 3 water slides and the beach. We felt like we were annoying people around the Golf and Spa pool. If you stay in this hotel ask for a high floor so you have a sea view. Or better still opt for a room which has a winding river/pool right passed your room.

We have been to Voyage Torba, Belek and Bai Lara, Antalya and we didn't feel this hotel compared to those 5 star hotels. There was nothing wrong with Sentido, we just felt it wasn't as luxurious. The bedrooms were very spacious, lovely bathrooms, wide balcony, mini bar (no beers). We felt an outside bar was missing at the Golf and Spa, just a brightly lit cocktail lounge with people constantly coming and going like an airport. It lacked a holiday atmosphere.

The food was nice, but the waiter service was a bit hit and miss for drinks. The cocktails at the resort were terrible. However, at the Golf and Spa they were made with fresh juices and not served in plastic glasses. We visited the Mediterranean, Chinese and Mexican A la Cartes which we were happy with. We lunched by the beach most days but the choice was very limited.

We visited the kids disco and the shows were entertaining but not a patch on the other two hotels mentioned. One thing that bugged me was that the buggies weren't readily available and having a 7 year old - all they wanted to do was catch the buggy. The room tvs had BBC world service and CNN. Again, at previous hotels we've had Nickalodeon and Sky Sports. We understand it's horses for courses and this wouldn't be a tipping point for some people.

We used the gym and spa at the Golf and Spa restaurant but found the receptionist very frightening and we didn't feel welcome using the facillities. They pushed the massages quite hard all day with the owner walking around the resorts with flyers.

There was never a problem finding a sunbed, brolley or a huge garden cushion. There was plenty to do in the daytime, aqua-fit twice a day, dance lessons, darts, football, step aerobics. The head of the entertainment team Shahin was hilarious and a great front man.

The resort hotel had two computer stations to use that were free and we never had a problem getting on them. The WiFi signal was rubbish on our tablet in the room.

All in all, it was a great holiday - just not quite 5 star.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RickersNorthYorks
scotland
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have just returned from a very enjoyable two weeks holiday at the Sentido Zeynep hotel in Belek
I have been to this hotel eight times in the past, but stopped going about four years ago because it had started to go downhill since being leased from the owners by the Russian run company Otium ,who renamed it Otium Zeynep .The owners had leased it to them for five years in order to raise capital for other business ventures .When we were there at first it was called the Sun Zeynep and we had many really great holidays there, but during the Otium’s tenure it was getting worse and worse, so we started to go to other hotels in Belek like the Susesi and the Voyage both of which are brilliant . My daughter, her husband and two grand children who had been with us at the Zeynep before had been following the recent reviews and decided they would like to give it another try, so they booked up. We were due to go to the Voyage at the same time, but in order to have some holiday time with the kids we changed and booked the Sentido . I was very much in two minds at first whether to go there as we have had lots of brilliant holidays at the Voyage recently and knew what the Zeynep was like the last time we were there, so I was not looking forward to it at all .The only flights we could get was the day after my daughter so we settled for that.
When we arrived they were waiting for us in the main lobby and straight away my heart sank as it just looked the exact same as before with hardwood tables and hardwood chairs and sofas, not the plush leather furnishings we had become used to at the other hotels.
The bar was the exact same and the only change I could see was that the shop that sold CDs and video games was gone and was replaced by a guest relation office where you could book the Ala Carte s .
Check in was carried out very fast and off we went to our room. We had booked a room in the main hotel and when we got off the lift we saw that all the carpets and decor had been changed and the place looked lovely and fresh. When we entered the room I got a real surprise as all of the furniture (which was new) was white or light cream in colour, as was the walls and the lights had higher watt bulbs fitted ,which made the room nice and bright ,something that most other hotels lack because of dark furniture and low watt bulbs .This really cheered me up as I am blind in one eye and have limited vision in the other .The bathrooms have also been completely re-vamped ,with new tiles and wash basin and pans .Unfortunately they have taken out the baths and replaced them with double walk in showers with a large overhead spray and a hand held one. This suited me fine, but the wife, as lots of women do, likes to soak in a bath so that was a bit of a moan. There are not much in the way of toiletries, just hand, body wash and shampoo in dispensers on the wall. No robes or slippers .Plenty of clean towels. We also had a bowl of fruit and a bottle of wine sitting on our table with plates, napkins and glasses.
As it was well after 1am and we were in need of something to eat I enquired at reception if there was anywhere open and was told that there was soup and sandwiches in the dining room. This was something that they had before, but we had never used it, so we decided to try it .When we entered the dining room we got a bit of a shock as the tables were covered with green and black table cloths which made the place look like greasy Joes cafe .There was soup, bread, cheese cold meat and some salad ingredients, which filled a hole until breakfast. When we came down for breakfast I was pleased to note that the tables were all done with white and purple table cloths and looked really well. For breakfast there was ,boiled, scrambled ,fried eggs ,omelettes, bacon ,sausage, pancakes ,beans ,cereals, cold meats, cheese, bread ,rolls , juice and all the usual bits and pieces ,which were all well cooked and presented .The juice was obtainable from a machine and you could have as much as you wanted .
Lunch was very nice also, with a selection of stews, casseroles grilled fish, chicken and much more again all was well cooked and presented.
Dinner. Again you had, fish, chicken, turkey, kebabs, wraps, stir fry, burgers ,fries, pasta dishes with different sauces. The selection of sea food every evening meal was massive and very good .There was fresh fruit, melon and a very large selection of sweets, cakes and puddings .You had to go to the bar to get drinks at lunch and dinner time, which I never much cared for, having got used to being served drinks at the table in the other hotels we have been to. All of the food was very nice .There was also themed nights, like Chinese and Turkish. When we were there last there was a kiddies dining area separated at the bottom of the main restaurant, but they have now changed that to a small cramped area in the outside sitting area, which I did not like at all as children are not allowed out there unsupervised. This is right next to chefs cooking in large woks of boiling oil, so why would they situate this seating area next to them as there is real danger that someone could bump into them or a child even with a parent could get hurt. I asked about this and was told that it was to be changed.
The outside of the hotel had some changes like new toilet block next to the shops ,a new snack bar ,an Olympic sized swimming pool .which to me was a bit of a waste of space as you hardly ever saw anyone use it . There is also a children’s pool with some kiddie slides which was nice for the toddlers. There is also the adult slides and flumes which were as good as they were before. There is an addition to the dining room which is situated above the outside shopping area and is linked to the main dining room via a bridge.
The food in the snack bar was not that great and consisted of fries, burgers, pasta, sometimes chicken and a small selection of salad ,all of which was buffet style .At 2pm you could sit at the table and order things like pizza with a good choice of toppings ,which I must say was freshly cooked to your choice and was very good . At around 4-30pm there was a selection of cakes and every other day waffles with a choice of toppings .Ice cream was only every second day and when it was finished they would not bring any more out ,ice cream was available every night in the dining room.
There was always plenty of sun beds and parasols around the pool ,on the grass area’s and on the beach.
The entertainment in the amphitheatre was very good with acts like dance troupes, acrobats and a lot of good comedy shows which was done by the animation team. I can honestly say the animation team were excellent and one of the best teams I have ever met in all of my visits to Turkey. There is also a new kids club building with slides sea saws and swings outside. The kid’s club staff are brilliant with the kids and they love it, especially the mini disco held every night.
There is a Gala night held every second Friday night, with all the tables set up around the pool with lovely table cloths and settings .The chairs are also covered with purple and white cloth and tied with bows, really well done and impressive . There is also a stage set up with entertainment all night. We never managed to get to it as we arrived on a Saturday and left two weeks later on a Friday, but my daughter did and she says it was brilliant .We had been to them before and really enjoyed them The ala carte restaurants were very nice ,with the food and service excellent. The only complaint on my behalf was the fact that they were outside and pitch black with a wee silly candle on the tables. That was bad enough for the rest of my party but hell for me because of my sight.
Some of the ala carte restaurants are over at the other hotel, with the Mexican outside and the French inside.
The other hotel is really nice. It has a large lobby with lovely furnishings and soft seating with big comfortable sofas and chairs. There is a long bar with stools. The dining room is well laid out and nice and bright .We ate there a few lunch times and it was lovely, the same food as the other but a lot better as it did not seem as busy as the other one which sometimes gets like a cattle market. There is not a lot to do there as there is only a pool which was good for those who wanted just to sun bathe .There is a snack bar with more or less the same food as the main hotel. There is also a beautiful lounge called the golfers which is furnished with large leather chesterfield suites and looks like a real nice place to relax and have a drink. I was not in the rooms, but spoke to a few people who were and they said they were lovely and very spacious All of the other activities and entertainment is held at the main hotel.
. There was still a few of the old staff who remembered me from previous times, especially my old friend the bell captain BIlal who still calls me his uncle and brought two of his three sons to the hotel to meet me ,a lovely guy and a great guy to know if you want anything done while there .
This hotel is definitely on the way back up the ladder but it still has a way to go to catch up with the more popular hotels in the area, but in fairness it is a good bit cheaper
Having said that I really enjoyed my holiday and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank bluepeterno1
Wales
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We`re just returned from a 14 day visit to the Golf and Spa hotel. I can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I`ve ever been to. I was pleased we chose this one over the Resort hotel though as I feel it`s far more suited to adults, the Resort hotel seems far more geared up for families and children. The 2 hotels are very close, whoever said it was a 5 min walk between the 2 must walk very slowly! There are golf buggies running between the 2 constantly but it`s good to have a leg stretch and to try and walk off some of the weight you`re bound to gain staying here!
The rooms are large and well presented,and the cleaners do an excellent job... actually the whole complex was immaculately clean.
The food was in the main excellent but certain things seemed to run out regularly.. our favourite creme caramel being one of them! You`d never go hungry here though as food was on offer 24 hours a day, with plenty of choice including lots of lovely fresh salads as well as the usual pasta, chips, burgers pizzas etc. We found the restaurant at our hotel was far less like a "canteen" than the restaurant at the Resort hotel, and we usually sat outside in the shade of the enormous parasols which was lovely. It`s also worth paying the extra 5 euros PP for the a la cartes as we found those to be excellent. We did feel though that a choice of only 1 free a la carte a week was a bit odd as there were 3 to chose from and they never seemed busy.
We never had a problem getting sunbeds at any of the pools, the jetty could be more difficult to get onto in the morning but by lunchtime there was usually plenty of space. The Golf and Spa pool was always quiet, although as it was further inland it was usually a bit too hot with very little breeze. The pool at the Resort was a nightmare for me, too many kids, too much noise from the animation team, loud music constantly, and although I know this suits others really well we avoided it. However the Olympic pool is adults only so that was always quiet with plenty of beds around. The slides were also great fun.
The Gala night was amazing. It turned out to be on the last night of our stay and it was a lovely way to finish a great holiday.
The only thing I felt was missing from our hotel was an outside bar area. The bar was the hotel lobby and while there were plenty of lovely plush sofas it lacked atmousphere as it was brightly lit and there were people coming and going constantly. We don`t get chance to sit out often at home in the evenings and that`s one thing I love doing while I`m away. The choice of drinks was also limited, although the cocktails made by Sibel were yummy!
All in all we had a great holiday and I`d have no hesitation in recommending the hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: Request a pool view on a high floor, you also get a view of the sea over the tree tops
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ADGWales
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We went here on 8th September for 14 days as a party of 8 adults with an age range of 46-56. We chose this as one of our party has MS and needs a wheelchair to get around and this looked the best option in the area. We were definitely not disappointed. We stayed in the Golf & Spa hotel and this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to one of the apartment rooms which open onto the first floor pool but this was for 4 people to share so we declined. It was a beautiful room but there was no privacy between the floors and if the people upstairs wanted to go out early they would disturb the people downstairs. The room we were give on the 4th floor was superb also. Plenty of room, a king size and a single bed, a huge bathroom with the largest walk in shower I have ever had in a hotel. The rooms are kept spotless, as is the rest of the hotel. The food here was superb and always plenty to choose from apart from breakfast. We found that bacon is only available on 2 days of the week and sausages, beans and scrambled egg are hit and miss but there was always omelettes and fried eggs in abundance. Plus plenty of rolls, cakes, yoghurts and fruit so you don’t go hungry. The menus at both restaurants are the same but the Golf & Spa does seem more quiet. We went to both and found if we went about 8ish we could always get a table for 8 on the ‘shelf’ attached by the walkway to the Resort Restaurant. We managed to get in 4 a la cartes which were all lovely and superb food. Although we paid the extra 5 euros per person for the French and Mediterranean, it was well worth it.
The pools are great and kept cool enough to be refreshing and each is very close to a bar. The only problem with the pool at the Golf & Spa is it can get very hot as there is no breeze up there. Plus they clear up at 6pm as the side of the pool then turns into the Mexican a la carte. There are plenty of bars in the hotel but the only problem we found was the Golf & Spa only had a lobby bar after 6pm. If they could find a way of opening up an outside bar then this would be ideal. We often walked over to the Resort pool bar just to be in the fresh air as once you get settled in the lobby bar you soon feel tired as it gets hot. The beer is Efes which is great but there are not many locally produced spirits. All they have is brandy, gin & vodka so drinks are limited. They have wine but the white and rose are not the best although the red is palatable. For a large 24 hour hotel we found the drinks to be a little of a let-down as there was no rum or even cava/champagne for the ladies. The service cannot be faltered though and the tables are cleared on a regular basis and waiters willing to provide table service.
The beach is sandy but there are pebbles on the edge of the sea and as soon as you walk into the sea, it shelves quickly to about waist height. You don’t need beach shoes but they are a help. The best part about the beach is the jetty. If you can get there before 10am you could find a space and there was usually a nice cooling breeze when you were up there. Plus a platform which you could dive/jump into the sea from or steps if you’re not that energetic.
The last night we were there was Gala night so if you’re thinking of going, get your best frock out. The amount of time and effort they put in for this is well worth it and the food is wonderfully laid out. Definitely a high point.
As I said, we had a friend in a wheelchair and he was able to go everywhere. The beach had wooden walkways so we could push him down there, onto the jetty and anywhere we went he had no problem coming with us. There are many ramps and lifts to help so we didn’t have any problems on that account. It is not a long walk between the 2 hotels and if you do miss the golf buggy to take you over, by the time you wait the 3 or 4 minutes it takes to go there and back, you can have walked it quicker.
So if you’re thinking of booking, do it now. Everything here was superb and nothing major we can complain about. As I said, the only problem we had were not enough ‘cooked’ food at breakfast to go with eggs on toast. The pool at the Golf & Spa needs to open a little longer plus they need an outside bar up there in the evenings.
Tesekur Ederim.

Room Tip: Ask for a front view in the Golf and Spa and a beach view if in the Resort.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Sheffield
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I had wonderful weather during our May/June fortnight at the Sentido Zeynap and much enjoyed our stay. We opted for the slightly more expensive golf hotel from the two available resorts on site, and enjoyed a beautifully spacious room, albeit the sea view was a bit distant.

There were various places to eat, and we tended to have breakfast and evening meal in the golf resort and lunch in the main hotel where there was more activity. The buffet food was good, and varied, but at broadly three to four star quality, not five star.

The hotel's dedicated beach area was nice, a long mostly sandy stretch, and you could walk along it a fair way past the adjoining hotels.

The animation team were good and provided a fair range of day-time entertainment; we particularly enjoyed the water gym which was available at both resorts.

My main disappointment with the so-called golf resort was that it had virtually nothing to do with golf. During our second week we found hidden away at the back a practice net and a square of artificial turf with four putting holes at the corners. In front of the hotel are quite a number of nice stretches of grass that could easily be converted to a delightful 18 hole putting course, or with a little imagination to an 18 hole chip and putt course. Should the hotel management, to whom we put this suggestion, take the necessary action to incorporate some form of 18 hole course then we probably will wish to stay there again - otherwise not.

• Stayed June 2012