“Visit in Aug last year”

SENTIDO Zeynep Resort
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed for a week mid August last year. The hotel was lovely and very clean. To be honest I don't really know what people find to moan about ... Being a family (2 kids) we stayed in one of the bungalow rooms in the grounds to the side of the olympic pool and founds this to be perfectly adequate in size. Lets face it you dont spend an awful lot of time in your room anyway. The cleaners did an excellent job, even came round spraying the floors with something which we think was a chemical maybe to keep the cockroaches away. Towells by the pool all provided. The pool area never seemed too overcrowded as there were more than enough sunbeds for everyone and the pool guy was constantly cleaning up and if he saw you struggling to move brollies and beds he would appear from nowhere and help in finding you what you needed. The food was very varied and lots of it. If there's not something you like then you must be the fussiest eater in the world! On a couple of occasions we ate over at the golf hotel whose surroundings was probably more geared up for adults and golfers. This was in our opinion a nicer, smaller restaurant which never seemed to get busy and the food again was lovely, very varied. The only thing I'd say that lets this hotel down is the choice of drinks. We're not great boozers but the choice of lager was a bit grim if we're honest, obviously the local stuff, very weak, and we didn't have a decent glass of wine whilst we there! I didnt see any branded stuff, but presumably it was there if you wanted to pay for it. We got a taxi into Belek one evening (very reasonable) to have a look round the shops, most of which sold quite expensive (but very nice) leather goods. So if you're after a lovely leather handbag etc, this is the place, expensive, but seemed good quality. Apart from that, we didn't venture out as we preferred to lounge around the hotel. All in a lovely break and would recommend this hotel. A week went too quick!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Normie56

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Have received a very courteous reply from the holiday concierge manager who confirmed the British season doesn't start until May. They have now put out fresh orange juice at breakfast for 1st time today, which was nice, and he confirmed better chic of snacks will be starting next week, so we have been unlucky!

He also advised I could have had smaller pillows had I asked, and they would turn on air con for guests if they asked. I believe they are starting ice cream again at dinner tonight, so in summary it would seem they are rectifying some of the small issues I raised, for which they must be commended. Just hope the bar staff attitude improves. In light of these changes, I will re-rate as 3/5.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review by the pool on the Resort side of the hotel. It's obvious that the hotel is only just gearing up for the summer season as they are still painting outside. Only 2 of the speciality restaurants are open at present (but you need to pay €5 for the French restaurant).

Rooms : we stayed in the resort side and room was average. The air con (cool air) has not been switched on by the hotel yet, which was a little disappointing for a Brit unused to the heat! Good bathroom with walk-in shower (towels limited compared to other hotels I have stayed in) but no facecloth which was odd compared to the norm. Pillows were also quite big and uncomfortable.

Food: This is an area of the holiday that is important to my wife and I, not because we pile the plate high, but its part of the overall experience. I was really really disappointed with the choice. Take breakfast today as an example...soup, chips, sautéed veg, cauliflower were some of the options. You had choice of 5 min and 10 min boiled eggs everyday, but no melon in 1st 4 days so far. Also disappointed that NOT EVEN ANY ORANGE JUICE APART FOR DAY 1 (unless you want to pay for freshly squeezed!!)

Lunches have been poor also, without the usual burgers/hot dogs/pizza option. Only 7/8 hot plates open today with poor selection again. I am not a fussy eater, but I was struggling to find anything tasty. You can get fresh pizza, but you need to walk over to the restaurant on the Golf side and wait until 2.30, which isn't convenient!!

Dinner : better choice but still not brilliant. No ice cream at lunch or dinner which is unusual for AI. Salad at the 3 meal sittings were ok.

Supper : we arrived at 11pm and had to wait until 12.....soup and bread with cheese ( no meat!) was our option. Again disappointing for an AI package.

We visited Kadriye last night and went to the ROMAN BAR. Really nice meal. Made to feel really welcome by the owner, and food and service was excellent. Best food of our holiday. Only cost 20 lire each way.

BAR SERVICE : Except for 2 individuals, the bar staff were quite ignorant. We didn't have change for first few days, and couldn't tip, so usually had to wait for them to finish their conversations before getting served. Don't get me wrong, the staff who were nice to us were well rewarded, but the rest were pretty 'uninterested!'

In summary, I was expecting alot more from Sentido. Location not good if you want to explore and go out for a drink to avoid the dire entertainment (my fault for not going to the likes of Icemeler). Food was a letdown. Wish I had paid a bit more for Iberostar. Next holiday back to a RIU in June, and they have never let us down.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed 19 March 2013

There are two locations for this resort. "Golf and Spa", which is around 200-300m back from the sea, and backing onto Carya Golf Club, and the resort which is next to the sea. I stayed in "Golf and Spa", which is a relatively large modern hotel with large rooms, swimming pools (inside and out), tennis courts and landscaped gardens etc. As a stand alone building, its quite impressive for what you pay. Via booking.com i paid 45 quid a night all inclusive, which i thought represented incredible value. My room had a balcony, double bed plus a single, seating area, tv, wifi, and large bathroom with shower and bath. Rooms were cleaned once a day, and very thoroughly too. Where i think i found this resort a bit weird was in the all inclusive side of it. I arrived at 3am to be greeted by a load of drunk germans singing football songs in the lobby (all good natured). Getting smashed appears to be a pre-requisit of getting value from an all inclusive deal. Be warned. The food was plentiful in choice, but perhaps not to everyone's tastes. For the price i felt it represented good value, but for a 2 week break i could see myself getting rather fed up. The positives were salad, soup and desert choices. Hot mains were rather hit and miss, even with a choice of 8-10 options. It appeared that pasta and various sauces were the every day choice for those unwilling to partake in the Turkish options. I enjoyed chicken kebab, moussaka, beef stew, sauteed spinach, cous cous etc. I've eaten much better in London, but it was fine. Beer on the all inclusive was Efes.

I found that even as a golf resort, it was remote. There is nowhere to explore on foot unless you consider other beach hotels interesting. If your plan is to eat and drink as much food as possible whilst lazing by the pool or beach, then this is excellent. If you're golfing, Carya is walkable (just) and with a car/bus/cab you can get to all very easily. Lykia Links is around a 45 minute drive, but well worth the journey. I found Pasha to be in excellent condition, and represented the best value.

For the price, this hotel is a no brainer as a place to stay for your golf trip. For a regular holiday, perhaps think again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brodiej
Reviewed 19 February 2013

enjoyed the stay. food was not bad but a little boring after its repeated every other day. english breakfast just twice in 2 weeks. anyway not the be all and end all. there are a few different style restaurants on site but book early as they get full fast and you can only use them once, well we went with thomas cook and thats what we were informed. the chinese is the best. plenty of fun and games for the kids however the adult entertainment is aimed more for the russians and germans and very little english spoken by the entertainers at the night time events. My opinion anyway is they could have made more effort

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tattersley79
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed previosuly when it was the Sun Zeynep, Returned with my wife for two weeks and brought my daughters for one week.
The addition of another hotel on the grounds is great...always a pool to laze around, beach wasn't crowded....Food was Excellent, Cleanliness was great....
We will more than likely return for a 3rd time....
Recommended....It is one of the only Belek Hotels that deserve to be called 5 star...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RusskiRichard
Reviewed 26 December 2012

i am turkish and when i check some bad rating i think they liar. i found this hotel on google map adn price was realy good. i went moscow, italy, germany, england. when i compare hotel firstly price
moscow 3

beach

moscow no
germany no
england realy baaaaaad

when i spoke turkish language other country cant understand you have to know english language when i chek zeynep they know( turkish english russian german, litle italian language )

room everyday they comming and clean room bu t say to clinning guy dont come until i say to reception to come

when i was on holiday there was shower problem i ask reseption and they say pluming guy will come afternoon and if you wait they will fix sap or they will give us other room i wait and they fix in 2 hours

this is goood place for holiday

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family