“Amazing”

Ranked #56 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Baghdad, Iraq
“Amazing”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I just got back from Adora last night, I spent 10 days from the 15th – 25th of August, I was with 2 kids, 4 years old, yes twins, the place was amazing, food, drinks, pools, beach, night shows, staff and especially the reception manager, I have to thanks her for her help when she extended our reservation for 2 more days, although the hotel were fully booked she gave us sea view room with the same price that we booked, THANKS, we were 3 families living in 3 different countries wanted to met in resort and we choose Adora, and our chose was 100% correct, we spent wonderful time, food was great don't miss Thursday dinner always a hit, children have so much to do and so many activities for them, Adora can surprise you every day with something new, 10 days we spent and there are many things that we couldn't find time to do it, I speak for every one that were with me we will sure come back next year, small suggestion business center is good to add especially for the rooms that far away from the Wi-Fi signal, I really recommend this resort for all.

2 Thank Basil T
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Our Lovely Guest Basil T;

First of all we would like you to know that when I inform our front office manager about your this review, she said many many thanks that you gave her face smile.

When we see like this guests, it is power for us to serve better and better.

We hope to see you again here and we will try to do our best to make your holiday even nicer than last time.

Sales&Marketing Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My family and I went to this hotel for 6 days in August. The start was excellent, since an employee immediately welcomed us and packed our bags. Although we came early, our room was ready.

Club rooms are in a separated building and nice and clean. Airco worked fine and the room was cleaned thouroughly every day. We received new sheets and mini bar drinks every day, while the cleaner mopped the floor every day. Great job!

Pool & beach are very close, only a one-minute walk. You can pick up beach towels every day between 8.30 - 19:00 and change once a day. The pool itself is nice with plenty of loungers. However, very loud music is played at the pool, making it sometimes impossible to chill at the pool side. Swimming in front of the speakers was definitely not possible. We complained about the music one day and its volume was lowered. However, the next day it was on the same (too) high volume again, playing the same cd. What is the reason for the loud music? If pool and beach guests should hear the music, it might be better to change the towel house and dj/music house. Than the music can be played at lower volume and boxes can be set in both directions.
Due to the music, we were on the beach all day. A shame you could not even hear the sea (and its surfing) due to the music.
There were plenty of layers on the beach too and it was very clean.

There were plenty of options to eat/drink. Food was available in abundance and in general ok. However, we had some turkey that was underdone and salmon/beef that was overdone. Besides that, we were dissapointed sometimes at the breakfast (cold eggs, undercooked eggs). If you wanted fresh orange juice you had to pay 2 euro per glass. Did not really made me feel like being in a all-inclusive 5 star hotel, fresh juice is available in every other hotel where i have been.

It was nice to vary between the buffet and a la carte restaurants. Good service in all restaurants and good food. Concept was not really a la carte, only possible to chose between 2 or 3 main courses. Rest is pre determined. Food was too much, might be better to leave small entrés out. Especially the fish restaurant had a spectacular view, very nice and good idea to place it on top of the hotel.

Service in other places in the hotel than described above was not so good. Towel pick up, bars and customer support (!) were not friendly and never smiled/said hello or made you feel a appreciated guest. Bar personnel worked hard, but only one guy worked with a smile. Besides that, candles were removed from the table we were sitting on at 23:00. Towel pick up did not even said hello, just looked grumpy at you. Same for customer support, from which you expect to have high knowledge of English and willingness to help guests.

All in all, I would definitely NOT discourage you from going to Adora. There are just some points which they need to adjust in order to achieve the 5 start status. Main points are personnel, food and the music. I think these can be easily changed if the management is willing to change these points. I experienced at least one good employee in almost every department, which could serve as role model for the others. In my opinion, there is too much to eat. Decrease the quantity, increase the quality. I already gave an option for the music.
As final point: try to make guests feel like the are really in an all-inclusive resort. Orange juice (€ 2,-) or tennis court (€ 14,- incl. rackets) do not make sense to me. Increase the hotel price with 2 or 3 euro or leave such options out.

ps: use of English in the resort is full of errors. Might be wise to check this. I added the rules of the swimming for as an example (especially rule # 5 is a great one).

Thanks for having us, hope you take my points in consideration.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Our Guest Pim D;
Thank you for your review and visit.
We would like you to know that all reviews like yours helps us to improwe our service.
According to your review here you may see below the answers.

1- We have over 500 employee and we always explain to each of one how smiling important is. We have regular lessons by proffecionals to show how to serve better and better. But even we are trying to do best, sometimes som personal can forget to smile. It maybe becasue they are trying to serve you all day under the 40 C and trying to smile.. Sometimes they forgot.
2- About giving less meals.. As you can see from some reviews, even we are giving every kind of eatings many, some people still say it is not enough. So that is why we are trying to feed first the eyes. We are also sorry when we see that amazing kg foods trows out without touched on plates everyday. But solving this problem is up to humanity of people. We would be realy happy If we could see that every guest takes how much they can eat but it is not like this happen.
3- About music near the pool. According to pool games and daily animations we are trying to make fun to our guest and because of this animations we won The Bet Animation Award. We have to keep what mostly the guests wants. And also Adora has got 125.000 mt2 garden area. 300 mt long beach and a smaller swimming pool near aquapark. If a guest wants to go silent place, we think it is not to difficult contrary to what you said..
5- We are trying to give to our guests everything the best with fair prices in our area. You can check other all which gives same even lower services but much more expensive. As you can see that we are taking care of each guest and we never do hoodwink to sell much more expensive than deserved. also, in like this full concept( all meals-all local and selected imports, a la cartes, full day animations, aquaparks and etc, to pays 2 eur for fresh orange juice is not problem we think. It is maybe cheaper than a chewing gum in your country...
4- Your review will be shared in our management meeting.

Thank you again for your time to write this review and visit.

Paris, France
Reviewed 21 August 2012

General information:
We have spent 2 weeks end of July beginig of August in Adora Golf Resort Hotel with an All inclusif choise. One of our friends reccomanded this Hotel to us. The hotel is located beachfront. It was a short walk from our rooms to the beautiful pool or the clean sandy beach. They provide towel service and there were plenty deck chairs and sun umbrellas on the beach and at the pool. You can also lounge in the shady grass areas between the pool & beach. There are activities planned all day long near the pool. Excellent DJ music!! If you want a quiet place, you should go on teh beach or on the grass area. If you want fun, then the pool is for you!
The pool is great, they also have another pool with slides where we had great fun with our 3 children.

Entertainement
The animation team is awesom! Hard working team, they do everything for the guests, they present funny evenings, they come to talk to you, they make you laugh, they make you to feel you are on vacation.
I must say thank you to: Balu- the heart of the Team, Serdar- or Freddy Mercury???- full of life, Nico- big Heart, Alexi, the beautifulAna and all the entertainement Team.
Two of my kids joined the Mini Club almost every day. Even 90% of the hotel guests are Russians and the more used language is Russian, they have ENJOIED every single minute spent there as they have lots of various activities( T-shirt painting, Horse riding, Football, Banana boat.... etc, etc, etc). The MiniClub animators prepared a wonderful show and they made the children to participate!!! They take very good care of thye children.
We can't also forget the 4 Seasons evening that was just PERFECT!!
BRAVO to all of them!

FOOD:
The food was served buffet style. Most meals were served outdoors at the "La Boheme" but you could also eat inside( A/C system woirks very well). Everything was very good. Lots of choises, excellent salads, fresh fruits, delicious deserts. Restaurant is cleaned all the time. Servers very nice. You always find somebody who speaks a bit of English.
You can eat once per week in an "A la carte restaurant" There are 4. We chosed: Capadocia, with Turkish specialities and a beautiful sea view and the Fish restaurant located on the top terasse of the Hotel. Dinner was delicious, servers very polite and careful to please us! We have admired the sunset and spent beautiful time ONLY with my husband. I have to say thank you to the director of the Restaurants( who speak an excellent English)!!!
I must say that the hotel is secure. My children are still young( 6, 8 and 10 yo), but I had no worries to leave them to move in the Resort or to go to the Mini Disco every evening.
Always several bars open, so finding a drink was easy. I was pleasantly surprised by the kindn ess of all the hotel staff . Turkish coffee available in the Hotel!!!!!
ROOMS
We had family rooms( as we need 2 communicated rooms).
Large size, air conditionig system that works very good, clean, large bathroom.
Mini bars are restocked daily in the room!
Mr Ali Ozturk from the Management and Mkt Team, kindly made us visiting all the other types of rooms in the Hotel. We know what we'll reserve for next summer!!! I have done my reservation directly with teh Hotel and ALL the information I had by phone where correct and I must say a big Thank you to mr Ali for his professionalism and reactivity.

Internet is not provided in the room but the internet fee was reasonable, only 10 euros for 24 hours. of usage.

SPA

Thank you to Bogdana, that is always there to guide the visitors and to give good advices, to Duran who made me almost everyday a massage.
Excellent! You have to go there. At least for a foam massage!!!

They also have a fitness room( I didn't use it but it looks great).

There are lots of other things to say, but I'll let you to discover them!
We are counting to go back next year!

Mihaela ROTHBARt from France

Room Tip: Take a room in the main building if you want a sea view. I was happy with everything. Our rooms had...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ROTHBARTMIHAELA
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Our Guest Miss ROTHBART MIHAELA;

First of all I would like to say that it was an honor for me to meet a venerable person like you.
I thank you so much for my all team for your nice review and for your always smiling face. We need only to see this to serve to our guests better and better.
Also after many reviews from guests, to see that there is still someone who has no doubt to see other nationalities in hotel.. Your this review gives to some people a lesson of humanity I think..
About talking different language, we know we have to better and you can be sure that we are working on every each reviews of our guests and according to their opinions, we are trying to be better.
If you visit us in the future, you will see how we improved our service according to this all reviews.

Again I thank you on behalf of my all team and It will be our pleasure to have chance to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards to you and to your all family.
Manchester
Reviewed 17 August 2012

just returned home as family (2 adults and 2 children 8 & 5years) having stayed at the Adora 4th-14th August. We had a wonderful time the rooms are nice and plentiful room however we had to report ants in the room one day but was resolved and fumigated same day but this shouldn't happen in a 5 star hotel. the pool area was big and there were plenty of sun beds - half of them were empty! I expect a lot of guests sunbathed on the beach as there was a lovely breeze.
The entertainment staff were excellent especially Ramazan, Serdar & NIco - always had time to talk to you and were genuine nice lads, Balu was funny, he never stopped for a minute singing and dancing round the pool each day.
The food was not catered for English people , although on some nights certain dishes were delicious but there was not a lot of choice and disappointed compared with a 5 star hotel the previous year, my children lived off chips, pasta and bread!! Last year i was asked what i wanted on my omelette in the morning and they made it in front of me not just a big dish with an omelette with everything thrown in it. And try putting some normal bread next to the toaster so we can make toast, i think the English will be so much happier. Also English Newspapers would be nice then i would not have to sneak in next door hotel, and get thrown out, to buy one.
Unfortunately not enough English people i think there were only 4 families whilst we was there, there are a lost of Russians who do not even smile and dont believe in queuing but maybe thats just there way. Overall we had a good time, we met a lovely English family and just set about having a good laugh with them and the entertainment lads i mentioned earlier. So thanks
John, Cheryl and family, Ramazan, Serdar and Nico for making our holiday special.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Dear our Guest Joanne30;

Thank you for your review.
Here you will see below the answers of the points you stand on.

1- Yes, in Adora we have everything much more than necessary to not let our guests to wait. That is why here our guest never waits for sunmattreses or any other things.
2- About ants.. We have 125.000 mt2 area except tennis courts and football fields, 527 rooms.. Our garden full of different trees and natural things to make our guest relax in nature.. In 527 rooms If you had ''holy terror'' ants, we are so sorry:) But as you told we immediately solved this.. We can guarantee that you will never have like this attack again If you come here again. We will protect you from ants.
3- About other guests who do not smile to you.. We will force our guests to smile everytime!!:) At leats we all employees smiling always..
4- In another country, in a international hotel, it is normal to see other nationalities than yours.
5- About buffet and not enough chooses... We advice you to read below the daily meal program. But.. we will give more and more meals.. Sometimes when I see like this reviews that there was not enough eating, I cant stop myself to think about African childrens... What they would say about it...

Thank you again for your review and we will try to be better.

Riyadh
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have chosen Adora after long search and I take the recommendation and relay it worth the value. It was like a drem from me and frined and the kids.

I do apprciate the hotel staff all of them were very nice and very helpfull, escptioaly Mr. Ali Ozturk.

Everything was more than expected it is 5 stars services

Wish you the best all and sure we will come again

JOJO & ZOZO

Room Tip: just be in touch with Ali
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Our Lovely Guests JOJO & ZOZO;

Thank you so much for your nice review. Your words first of all honored me and my team.
If I could serve you good, it is because my team works hard and helps all the time.
We are trying to show that what is our difference than others.. We know first of all, you are our ''Guest'' not a customer and we have to keep your holiday nice to see you again here.

We hope to have more chance to serve you in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We went there as family between 2-8 of August 2012, ALL inclusive. This was second time we went there. In contrast to last year, there were not only Russians, but also British, German, Iranian and other nationalities
The hotel staff could this time speak English. Obviously an improvement to last year.
Food was fantastic, clean and big choice. Children program was very good though unfortunately in Russian language.
It would be an improvement to run the entertainment program in English language. Also the pool music was russian musik, but upon my request they changed it.
This place is really safe and good for families with small children. It is very well guarded and strangers can't come it.
We tried this time water sport, jet ski. They also offer a wide range of water sports. Amazing experience.
Range of alcoholic an non alcoholic drinks is good.
I will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: There are several kind of rooms available. Obviously you pay for what you want. They have rooms for...
3 Thank Natalie D
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Dear our guest Natalie D;

What a big pleasure that We have been successful to serve you again and we could get best points from you.
Thank you for your nice and honored words.
We will share your all words with all departmens and employees.

We look forward to the day we can serve you again and you can be sure that we will be better.

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Ok, I will try to be short. We had a wonderful time at the Adora.

Area was nice and clean, and sunbeds around a swimming pool were empty!!!

Variety of meats - lamb, fish, veal, chicken, turkey... Have I forgotten something?
Restaurant staff - nice, polite, always smiling and friendly (especially guy called Jamal, did you consider taking him for some higher position?)

Room - Clean, thanks to room maid (one with big smile and shiny white teeth) for section 356*

Entertainment crew, lead by Balu, was funny, helpful, enthusiastic. Kids loved them.

Only thing I have to complain about is insufficient number of baklavas.

Things to improve - quieter music around the pool, stricter control of kids in Aqua park

I have rated Adora with 4 star, cause I don't want you to get spoiled :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank boris b
AdoraGolf, Director of Sales at Adora Golf Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Our Guest boris b;

Thank you for your nice words. We are realy happy that we could make smile on your face.
All the points which you stand on are very important for us to improve our service and we will work on them immedialtey..
Your review will be shared in our manager meeting.

Next time If you give us another chance to serve you again, we will do our best to get from you 5th star:)

We are happy like children when one of our guests rewards us like you.

Sincerely