A fantastic expierence
Myself and my Cousin decided to take advantage of a late holiday through Thomas Cook from the 23rd of February to the 2nd of March 2014. I was slightly apprehensive because of the time of the year and not having been to Turkey before, I need not of worried because the weather was warm enough for me and I ave fallen in love with Turkey...
On entering the Atlantis Hotel in Belek we was greated by a large warm welcome from the staff which was a great start. The delightful and charming bell boy took care of all our luggage whilst we had a late meal. Hotel on first appearence was exceptionally clean and had an electric modern atmosphere to the enterence.
Our room was large and was very clean. There was a mini fridge with drinks inside and was replaced everyday which was a very nice touch. The beds was firm and comfortable which worked for us, we appreciated the quiet room we had (room 3316), there was a large amount of football players staying here but was well behaved and quiet. The cleaners seam to be the forgotten hero's because you never see them despite them doing an excellent job. A big thank you to all the cleaners. Only slight negative about the room was a lack of power point to one of the beds, only one English channel on the television, the shower and shower head not being easily accessible, shower glass pannel being locked in place made it difficult to reach taps and plug. Would of liked to of seen on the balcony a table rather then a foot stall, fridge could do with being colder, bath robes didn't fit. These comments are small ones and didn't make any difference to our stay.
I found even though it is there winter here in February their was still lots to do here. The entertainment staff are trully fantastic and can't fault them, they work hard and was always friendly and made time to talk to you. Big thank you to you all. There is free wifi in all parts of the complex, the wifi was strong enough for standard browsing and communication but you may struggle with streaming, if you are one of those people who can't live without decent wifi then this complex may not be for you, if your like me where you have a life that isn't dictated by the latest technology's then you will love it here. The Hotel has its own private beach which is spectacularly beautiful, not to my suprise for February I didn't find it warm enough for sunbathing or having a wee swim. But sipping well decorated and superbly tasting coctails when the sun is falling over the sea was breathtaking and a privilege to wittness the magestic beaty of mother's nature,
Food and Drink
We was here on an all inclusive basis, we found the food to be very nice, food was always hot and there was enough choice for all. Be aware of the add ons when dining. Wine, freshly squeezed juices and bears are not included with your all inclusive plan. You should definitely take advantage of the Italian and Turkish Meal which is only about Â£7 for the Italian, free for the Turkish meal, but remember to add on another Â£14 for the wine! The quality of food was exceptional and fantastic as well as the service. Also take advantage of the beach bar and have lunch there, this is apart of your inclusive stay. There was only one bar open during our stay which sometimes lead to a long wait, we learned to be patient.
The staff was simply fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. Staff was friendly and helpful, smartly dressed and impeccable manners. Received a warm welcome on arrival and wished a fond farewell on departure. Our Thomas Cook Rep Jonny was friendly and helpful
Time Of Year
When coming out to Turkey this time of the year please bare in mind it is winter here in February, if your expecting to go home with a tan you may be disappointed, we found the weather to be pleasant without being cold . I'd say avavage temperature for our week was about 17-18c. This is a quiet time of the year for The Atlantis meaning most bars, restaurants, pools where closed, we knew this before going which also reflects in your price.
We decided to go on a couple of excursions one of which was the Sea & Sky trip, great day but the views 2,365 meters above sea level was very limited due to the time of the year, this excursion cost Â£55 through Thomas Cook. Just remember views will be compromised. A big thank you to Osmon our Travel Guide, a charming and friendly man. If you get chance then go to Belek Town Centre, it is bigger then I had been led to believe, there are bargains to be had if you barter. Taxi cost from The Atlantis Hotel to Belek Town Centre is about 20TL or if you prefer to use the preferred but horrid Euro then its â‚¬6. Bus ride to Belek is hourly and you will need 2 stops costing about 3TL each way. Belek is within walking distance, a comfortable stroll one way is about 40 minutes The indoor swiming pool is great, Sauna and Turkish Bath was stunningly relaxing. I loved the steam room, they even have there own bowling ally.
The Atlantis Hotel caters for young and mature guests, disabled and are child friendly, there is an adults pool if children are a problem for you. The question you need to ask yourself is why shouldn't I stay here. Big thumbs up, had a fantastic holiday and do plan to return to The Atlantis at some point in the future, may be in the summer.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Atlantis is a luxury resort hotel which is located in Belek, Antalya where nature blends with the sea, and golden beautiful sands meet with blue waters, Atlantis the lost empire will come to life. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel, where modern architecture meets with minimalist style, which is very modern and offers peace and freshness to your soul, brings the legend into the present day in all its glory. Newly born Atlantis with its beautiful golden sandy beach and 100-hundred-year-old pine trees in the garden is open 12 months and consists of a main building and two resorts buildings. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel offers the best value for money with 'Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service'. It is a family and baby- kids-friendly hotel and gives All Inclusive service during a year. The hotel offers lots of free facilities and activities for its guests such as delicious food in Turkish buffet restaurant and 6 a la carte restaurants, good snacks, free internet access in the rooms and general areas, free safe box in the room and reception, free mini bar, free local and import good alcoholic drinks, cocktails, free kettle with tea & coffee set up, free fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, free ironing service (2 items per person), tennis courts using and lightening. Spa and wellness center with its professional staff will let you get , out of tiredness of the year with its special packages with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all year round and included in All Inclusive package In Atlantis Hotel there are 5 swimming pools, with 4 water slides, 1 indoor pool, 2 kids pools, total area of which is 4.500 m2. In order to provide such extensive pool areas and sufficient numbers of swimming pools has been applied here. Besides, there are many Jacuzzis in the pool area where you can spend time with your families. If you want to swim and sunbathe in a peaceful atmosphere, or while enjoying you drink or read a book in the shade of trees and listen to birds' twittering, you can escape to our Relax pool. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club during the day and night time. Every single day, we dance together with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. Wonderful sketches and shows prepared by our professional animation team as well as daily entertaining programmers and evening parties will make your holiday special. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service for our guests with pleasure. In peaceful atmosphere 6 a la carte restaurants offer our guests a wide choice of delicious food and good wines. Turkish, Indian and Sushi a la carte restaurants are included.Italian, Mexican and Fish a la carte restaurants are with cover charge. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby's service during meal times with its special chef. You will have various different accommodation options according your to your demands and preferences in the 373 rooms of Atlantis De Luxe Hotel & Resort, with peaceful and comfortable designs. Rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guests with new good furniture, anti-allergic laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower or bath tub, hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea& coffee facilities, balcony, free safe box, television, fan, sitting group. There are also three fill equipped handicap rooms in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel Belek
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel And Resort
- Atlantis Belek
- Atlantis Hotel Turkey