“A great family week away”

Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort
Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I traveled to the Limak Atlantis with my wife and 3 young children in April 2014. I say that we traveled to the Atlantis rather than Turkey as we barley left the resort with it having everything we needed.

The room was large and comfortable. With a beach holiday my big bug bare is that sand gets everywhere, however the daily cleaning was excellent and the sand was kept well at bay.

We have been all inclusive for the last three years, for the last two years to Spain and been very pleased. This year was better again. The variety of food was excellent as was the quality. Again the cleanliness and hygeine seemed good, my six year olds desire to serve himself is not matched by his ability to keep the food on his plate and the food trail he left behind him on a regular basis was cleaned in seconds. We tried two of the a la carte restaurants, the Turkish and Italian. Both were excellent. The Turkish was included in the price and the Italian was €9 per head. It is worth saying that there is a children menu if you have younger ones.

The pools were very good and large with a number of water slides, although being early in the season they were a bit cold. There is no formal "Toddler Pool" however the upside of this was that the mix of ages in the hotel was wider than it has been at other hotels we have been to in recent years. (less small children lost everywhere!)

As I said at the start we barely left the resort. In all honesty there is not a huge amount in the immediate area to leave for. Belek town has a lot of shops selling "designer" clothes, but little else. Quite a few people did go to Antalya which looked lovely but probably not with three small children. Its worth being aware that the beach was busy and I suspect that in high season it is packed.

Across the board the staff worked very hard and the service was excellent. Not all of the staff spoke English, with German being the other language spoken widely, however we managed to get everything we wanted.

My only other tip is that I would take both Turkish lira and Euros. Almost everything is included so there isn't huge need for them, however I find it easier to know what I am paying in Euros. The Turkish love of bartering is alive and well in the small number of shops within the resort and discussing Euros made this much easier (that said when I then settled in Lira I usually got another small amount off).

Overall a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I would avoid the ground floor if you can. The sprinklers meant we couldn't leave things on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank OJFUK
There are newer reviews for Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have just returned from one week stay at this Hotel. We found almost everything in the Hotel
to be excellent and the lady at Guest Relations, Nazmiye Esme, was extremely helpful and arranged for our room to be changed immediately after we requested a room with a bigger balcony. This Hotel is very clean and has lovely swimming pools and slides.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on april for 5 days. One of the best hotels among the ones i have stayed. We mostly liked the entertaintment team and the meals were delicious. Martin, okan, vova and samet from entertaintment team and nazmiye from human relations were very kind and cheerful but photograph company has to improve themselves. The photograph company need to change their motto from earning money to pleasing guests.
If you are looking for a hotel which you can eat delicious food, have rest and swim in april, Limak is one of the best places for you to be. It is a good hotel for couples and family.
Room cleaning was wonderful and they are cleaning your room in everyday with great care. The hotel is settled in a large area, thus the bars and snack places are not crowded with people. Although it is a large area, every place is close to each other.
Thanks for your good hospitality, from room 1635, Taner SEN.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank taneersen
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice and frinendly hotel. The only things that can be improved are the quality of the coffee and some of the food. It is possible to get really nice food for every meal but, the selection is great and some of the dishes are of less quality than others witch the queues in the main buffe restaurant witness about. Other than that: A very very nice 4-star hotel. 9.5/10

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank SwedishKate
Reviewed 13 April 2014

If you've booked to come here and you're reading this then you have nothing to worry about - you'll have a great time. The thing we were most worried about was what the weather would be like in April but it was glorious!! Out of 7 days we had one poor day and 6 really hot days.
This is a very smart hotel. The rooms are not like a standard hi day hotel room, they feel much more comfortable and stylish than the norm. The bathrooms are nice too and I found both the room and bathroom to be real clean and well looked after. I'm really fussy about the standard if accommodation I stay in and this met my high standards. There's a mini-bar in the room which is replenished daily with water, beer and branded soft drinks. The rooms get 5/5 no problem.
We travelled with 2 children (8 and 2). My son who is the older child loved the pool and the slides. There wasn't as much to keep my young daughter occupied as there wasn't a pool for young children (there is a small paddling pool but it's far, far away from the main pool areas). The other problem for my daughter was that kids club doesn't allow children under 4. Nevertheless we managed to keep her occupied.
The food was fabulous (my only gripe was that ice cream wasn't available all day and for us, that's one of the main plus points of an all inclusive hotel). Ice cream was available between 1pm and 5pm and you had to queue for it whereas in some other resorts I've been to, it was self service. Only a small point but I thought it was worth mentioning. Back to the food in the restaurant - really good stuff and a wide choice with lots of oriental dishes which were particularly tasty. The chefs appeared to take great pride in their food and would stand proudly next to it in their smart chef attire!
There are loads of bars; Lobby bar, pool bars, disco bar etc... These serve branded soft drinks and local alcoholic drinks but this finishes at midnight I believe (I never got to stay up that late with having 2 young kids). There was mini-disco every night apart from Sunday which my daughter loved.
Lots of reviewers on here mention the entertainment team and those mentions are valid- boy do they work hard!!! They have a friendly smile or word for everyone and I must make particular reference to Momo. This team are definitely one of the plus points of the hotel where every interaction with one of them is a positive one.
I should also mention while we were there we had a professional photography session and bought some lovely photos to bring home. So (apart futon the ice cream), al. Really positive so far! For me, the thing that let thus place down and prevented it from being 5 stars was the overall level of service. Yes, there were some people who gave great service (particularly the entertainment team who I've already mentioned) but most gave apathetic service at best and seemed to feel that serving customers was an interruption to their work as opposed to being the very purpose they are here. This was particularly prevalent in the patisserie and the ice cream area. I can't abide poor service and it's truly a shame as it really lets the place down in my opinion. When we had our 'Welcome Meeting' with our holiday rep, he mentioned that the hotel is third highest on Trip Advisor in Belek and that he wanted them to move even higher. For me, it's the service that's lacking overall and if the standard of this was raised consistently throughout the hotel, I would easily have given it 5 stars. So in summary, great hotel, great weather, great food, only 40 mins transfer from the airport, SOME great service but mostly below average. Come on management team - stress the importance of great customer service to all of your employees, ensure they deliver it and you'll be the best hotel in Belek. I write this as I sit in reception waiting to be picked up for the airport so "cheers" I'm off to the bar!!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank JoP70
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just arrived home from a wonderful holiday in Limak Atlantis, the entertainment team were fantastic, making all nationalities welcome. They made this holiday for us, kisses especially for Harry, Melissa, Jacko, Momo and Sam. Really great shows and music. The staff in the hotel and bars were extremely friendly and welcoming. We look forward to returning later this year. There is plenty of play areas for children and a great kids club.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

First visit to Turkey and I had an amazing week. We celebrated my birthday which the staff made extra special with bubbly, cake and all the trimmings. Thank you very much to Samet, Ünsal, Harry, Momo, Mustafa, Martin, Hanna and rest of staff for superb hospitality and entertainment. The turkish bath and massage kicked off the stay after travelling from England. I found a beautiful pendant at the jeweler in the hotel which is a unique Turkish piece and is cherished. The haircut and manicures at salon my daughter and I had were splendid. A pamper package could be a good alternative option. The resort was visited off peak season but there was enough activities and will be coming back again. Buffet dining had a nice selection and being gluten/lactose intolerant I could manage with the choices available. Simply loved the Turkish cuisine! I took Lira but Euro/Dollar is preferred in resort. Great resort to loose yourself and fully relax. Felt like being part of the family. House keeping was fabulous as all requests for extra towels/gowns etc was provided promptly AND with a smile! This resort is run like a well-oiled machine. Big thank you again and see you soon Atlantis :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family