Well what can I say about the Atlantis, 2 weeks of bliss for a start. Having read the reviews and doing the research we went to Atlantis with Thomas Cook on 22/10 - 04/11 with an open mind (that's me, the wife & 2 kids 10 & 13 (well I think we took them as we didn't see them for a fortnight, with the usual comment "we are not eating with you tonight but going out with friends" and "we're off to the beach/darts/sauna/hot pool/animation team", (well you get the picture), "see you tonight" to be then told the first comment).
Anyway the hotel was superb, transfer approx 50 mins from airport, hotel was clean & tidy, maids clean room daily, stock fridge, change towels etc. There are numerous pools in & out (outside they were a bit on the cold side but once you get in, no probs), plenty of slides, activities, or you can be just left alone. The missus read 6 books over the 2 weeks.
OK, the important stuff, food & drink. Well, there is food served from 7am to 1.30am. The same goes for drink. All inclusive is just that, but there is an ultra inclusive option, but don't worry too much about this as there is so much choice, you will not be too worried. The food does start to get repetative after a week or so but then you just go for the A la carte restaurants. We had the Italian, Mexican & Turkish, these were nice but may not be to everyone's taste, but it made a change from the buffet etc. One thing is the booking system for these restaurants is difficult if you try to go through customer services desk as by the time you have got to speak to them they are fully booked, however best to use the phone booking dead on 9am for 24 hours ahead (and I mean 9am as 9.15am it's all booked up). The drinks are local brands and perfectly OK. All the usual suspects served for the alcohol drinkers and the soft drinks & coffee (which just seemed excellent) for the non drinkers.
The hotel does have as in other reports other nationalities and yes they can be rude, but just ignore it and push back if you have to they soon get the message.
There are several trips you can go on and the local bus (tractor & trailer) to Belek town/market was fun. The haggling you have to do is just unbelievable if you enjoy this you will love it. If you just want a price make sure you actually want it before asking because take a look in the direction of the product and they will push to get a sale (this can be intimidating I warn you now).
Entertainment was fine, it was never going to be Oscar performances but they work really hard all day and I mean all day 48 hour weeks go right out the window here. The kids thought they were great (some of the adults for that matter) and they work really hard to keep you entertained, without being over bearing for those that don't want to get involved.
So to wrap this up there are a few minor niggles you can read in the other reviews but trust me they are minor to the overall scheme of things. The weather was 26 - 30'C for both weeks which is plenty hot enough even in Oct, and we will be going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Atlantis is a luxury resort hotel which is located in Belek, Antalya where nature blends with the sea, and golden beautiful sands meet with blue waters, Atlantis the lost empire will come to life. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel, where modern architecture meets with minimalist style, which is very modern and offers peace and freshness to your soul, brings the legend into the present day in all its glory. Newly born Atlantis with its beautiful golden sandy beach and 100-hundred-year-old pine trees in the garden is open 12 months and consists of a main building and two resorts buildings. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel offers the best value for money with 'Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service'. It is a family and baby- kids-friendly hotel and gives All Inclusive service during a year. The hotel offers lots of free facilities and activities for its guests such as delicious food in Turkish buffet restaurant and 6 a la carte restaurants, good snacks, free internet access in the rooms and general areas, free safe box in the room and reception, free mini bar, free local and import good alcoholic drinks, cocktails, free kettle with tea & coffee set up, free fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, free ironing service (2 items per person), tennis courts using and lightening. Spa and wellness center with its professional staff will let you get , out of tiredness of the year with its special packages with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all year round and included in All Inclusive package In Atlantis Hotel there are 5 swimming pools, with 4 water slides, 1 indoor pool, 2 kids pools, total area of which is 4.500 m2. In order to provide such extensive pool areas and sufficient numbers of swimming pools has been applied here. Besides, there are many Jacuzzis in the pool area where you can spend time with your families. If you want to swim and sunbathe in a peaceful atmosphere, or while enjoying you drink or read a book in the shade of trees and listen to birds' twittering, you can escape to our Relax pool. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club during the day and night time. Every single day, we dance together with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. Wonderful sketches and shows prepared by our professional animation team as well as daily entertaining programmers and evening parties will make your holiday special. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service for our guests with pleasure. In peaceful atmosphere 6 a la carte restaurants offer our guests a wide choice of delicious food and good wines. Turkish, Indian and Sushi a la carte restaurants are included.Italian, Mexican and Fish a la carte restaurants are with cover charge. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby's service during meal times with its special chef. You will have various different accommodation options according your to your demands and preferences in the 373 rooms of Atlantis De Luxe Hotel & Resort, with peaceful and comfortable designs. Rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guests with new good furniture, anti-allergic laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower or bath tub, hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea& coffee facilities, balcony, free safe box, television, fan, sitting group. There are also three fill equipped handicap rooms in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel Belek
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel And Resort
- Atlantis Belek
- Atlantis Hotel Turkey