“We hate this place.”

Rixos Premium Belek
Ranked #20 of 88 Hotels in Belek
“We hate this place.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We've been here since 2nd of August, 3 days ago, and we wish we had changed our hotel the first day.
Apparently their policy has changed and they are not offering the services we booked for. It's 3 days we are discussing this issue, but nobody cares about it. As they say "it's the guest point of view, not ours", which is the wrongest thing you can hear in "hospitality" industry, which is all about guest's point of view and perception and satisfaction.
In spite of the good image they try to make, there is no respect when it comes to the guest complains and problems.
Our suggestion is to chose a place which commits to what they offer and respect you as a "guest".

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank MaryamSafa24
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Supervisor at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest MaryamSafa24 ,

On behalf of Rixos Premium Belek Hotel, we would like to say that we are deeply concerned about the feedback which was given by you in the mail and during your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologize for all the inconveniences that were caused throughout your vacation. At Rixos, safety and comfort of our guests are within priority, which we constantly strive to achieve. We re-evaluate our system with your precious comments, and informed all the related departments to take immediate action.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedbacks and we are looking forward to welcome you again on your future visits to Antalya; with the warmest hospitality, Rixos is so well known for.

cisem.fidan@rixos.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have been here with my family for approximately seven times over the last 10 years; mainly because of the fact that my wife is into sun-bathing in luxurious surroundings and the place caters to kids exceptionally well.

The hotel has been refurbished last winter.

Big pros :
- huge property with plenty of possible activities
- well equipped spa and gym
- decent quality of evening show programs
- excellent food selection and quality
- high quality fitness trainers and workout programs
- easy to find company for russian-speaking kids below age 12

Big cons :
- severely overpriced
- rather dull and boring beach
- focused on the newly rich from the former USSR, Iran, Turkey and other nearby places; difficult to make new friends, if you are not part of or affine to those circles yourself
- no atmosphere in bars and discotheque, as this place seems to be mainly used by business men to park their wives and children over the summer months while they are pursuing more entertaining activities someplace else
- chambermaids and chamberlads persistently unable to respect "do not disturb" signs, cultivating and maintaining the nasty habit of permanent door-knocking and uninvited invasion into ones room, seemingly preferably during the after-lunch nap hours; criticism impossible; they do not understand even elementary english - in 7 days I had 7 times 2 visits by the chambermaid and the minibar re-stuffer between 1:30 and 2:30 (dnd sign on; door locked; after day 3 I gave up complaining....)
- quality of restaurant staff fluctuating wildly; while approximately 1/3 of the people is doing an excellent job, the other 2/3 seem to flatly ignore drink orders for as long as they can (on purpose) or work in slow motion.
- service at the swimming pool practically inexistant
- having been bitten repeatedly by some bugs (supposedly) during sleeping

I will not come back as I prefer more exciting, more lively places, better trained service and a less obviously nouveau-riche clientele. Luckily my kids are now reaching an age, where they do not require me as their private animator anymore.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HH_WW_JJ
Dear Guest AhmedHulusi,

Thanks a lot for your precious comments on behalf of Rixos Premium Belek Family! It is so lovely to read your wonderful feedbacks! We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share some thoughts of yours regarding our services and in particular our associates. Thank you for leaving such an impressive and detailed review. We are honored to have been able to serve you and are happy that you feel the way you do about our hotel and the service of our associates. Considering your cons, we will share your comments with our management and take the necessary notes.

If you have any requests or wishes please do not hesitate to write to us anytime and hope to welcome you back to Rixos Premium Belek on your next trip to Antalya.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed there during May 2014 with my family and the services exceeded my expectation by far. The kids enjoy the kids club. The food was yummy and complementary with the room exp. a special thanks to Mr. Aziz, the guest relationship officer who helped us a lot during our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Supervisor at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest Kobabd,

On behalf of all Rixos Premium Belek Family, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your summer vacation and share your feedbacks with our team.

We are very glad to hear that we have met your expectations and you enjoyed your vacation. We would like to thank you for mentioning our team members and giving us motivation in the future work.

We will be glad to have a chance to welcome you in the nearest future again at Rixos Premium Belek.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I can't describe how unbelievable this place is, everything is beautiful, food, staff, service, scenery, facilities. You will need to experience It yourself to believe how nice it is.

Pure quality one of very few places I have been that lives up to its 5* rating

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kenny O
Dear Guest Kenny O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience at Rixos Premium Belek. I, along with our entire staff, appreciate and value the feedback we receive from our guests and needless to say, we were very pleased to read yours.
It sounds as though you had the opportunity to experience all the amenities that we have to offer at Rixos Premium and that they exceeded your expectations.

On behalf of everyone here at Rixos Premium Belek, it is our hope that we may welcome you back in the near future as it would be an honor and pleasure to serve you once again.

Glasgow
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel caters for it all. Lovely rooms, great food with 8 restaurants to choose from 7 of which are a la carte, fabulous amenities, great night time entertainment and a fantastic well organised kids club. The staff are ready to help at every opportunity. A special mention has to go to our floor butler Yavuz who was there every time we needed him to deal with any concerns we had, a real ambassador for the Rixos Premium Hotel. Overall we as a family of 4(kids 9 years and 7 years) have had a fantastic time here at the Rixos and will be next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest BillFee,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback about our hotel as well. Rixos Premium Belek is happy to provide high class service to all our guests and will continue to improve our deluxe level quality.

We have noted each valuable feedback of yours, please be assured that necessary amends will be in place to further refine guests’ experiences.

We hope to welcome you again during your next stay at Rixos Premium Belek.

Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We love holidays in Turkey, but at Rixos Premium Belek hotel we have had the best holidays ever! Couldnt choose better hotel - great location, comfortable lovely room (and perfectly clean) deliciouss food of any kind (I just couldnt stop eating!), neverending activities and options to entertain yourself, fantastic service, very friendly staff, everyone smiling all day long, from reception to restaurant service (and need to mention our personal assistant Aziz who helped us a lot during our stay, if you ever need anything, just find him! Once again, Aziz, thank you! Great job!)! We just couldnt wish for more from this vacation! You made our holiday just PERFECT. Amazing time, we definitelly will keep recommending to everyone! And hopefully one day will be back :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iva G
RixosPremium, Guest Relations Supervisor at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest Iva G,

Çisem Fidan

Worcester
Reviewed 28 July 2014

OVERALL - The Hotel, Rooms and Facilities are vast. However, our experience was pretty poor to say the least. We would not return here and I would recommend that you think long and hard if you are considering staying in this place. The service is sporadic and completely unacceptable.
ROOM - We had a Troy Family Lake House. The room itself was clearly new and we had a great patio terrace that led into the pool. The maids were excellent and the bar was re-stocked daily. HOWEVER, the A/C unit packed in on day 2 and we went two nights before it was fixed.
Also, the door alarm kept going off randomly. This was very annoying as it prevented us from sleeping (more so the kids as they were in the main room). I told the maids, reception (twice), the manager responsible for the lake houses (3 times) and eventually sent the General Manager a video/email to highlight the issue (in case it was being lost in translation). After 10 days I had enough and opened the fuse box myself (this held the alarm) and I removed all the leads. This stopped the alarm.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS DESK - I went here three times to ask for help and was let down each time, the incidents highlight how out of touch the staff really are.
1) My daughter fancied trying Archery so we asked Anna (Customer Relations Manager) what we needed to do as we had passed a great looking Archery area close to our villa. She handed us a daily program and we subsequently rushed our Breakfast so that we could get back to the area for a 1030am start. We sat there for 30 mins and nobody turned up.
2) We were on holiday with another family and the adults fancied a game of tennis. We went to ask Anna and were told that we simply needed to turn up to the tennis area where we could hire racquets (we had our own balls). We then set about putting the kids into kids club and got ready and arrived at the unmanned tennis centre. We waited 15 minutes and then headed to reception to ask if they could send someone. After 45 minutes we gave up as nobody had arrived. My wife went to reception to complain and asked to see a manager. After explaining the situation, the manager belittled the event and laughed at her! He then offered to get us a reservation in one of the a la carte restaurants that evening (we were already booked into one)! We wasted nearly half a day!
3) We were told that there was a market in Belek on a Saturday. We asked Anna what time the market ran till. She told us up until midnight so we could go at any time of the day. Again, we prepared the family for trip and headed down at approx 4pm only to see the market packing up.
GAMES ROOM - Over priced, each machine is priced at 1.5E so a visit in here with the kids costs a small fortune.
SPA - Ok but they try to up-sell you on everything (products, more treatments). I had an amazing indian massage but felt that it was overpriced when compared to other resorts we have stayed in.
WATERSPORTS AREA - Absolutely no control of Safety. I witnessed a guy tearing around on a high powered Jet-Ski very close to the Swimming area. He kept falling off and looked drunk. We went down there to see if we could get the kids on a Banana but after seeing this there was absolutely no chance. It is also overpriced.
MANDARIN RESTAURANT - We were a table of 9. I witnessed the staff literally pulling away one of the kids plates before he had even taken a mouthful. He was then served his third course before I had received a starter.
ITALIAN RESTAURANT - We sat for an hour before we were offered a drink.
IRISH BAR - Mehmet was very nice and he was great with this kids. There was no atmosphere here though.
UPSTAIRS BAR - Amazing drinks selection but again there is nobody ever in the bar to appreciate it.
FRENCH RESTAURANT - Awesome, great food and staff.
MERMAID - Ate here for lunch most days. Awesome Food and Staff (Sea Bass / Rose wine a must)
CHECKING OUT/RECEPTION STAFF IN GENERAL - All too busy staring at the computer screen and avoiding eye contact. Fundamental lack of customer service. I was not asked if I had a nice time, enjoyed the stay etc
GENERAL MANAGER STEFANO CAPACCETTI - In my opinion the reason why this place has clearly missed out. So, upon arriving in your room there is a lovely leather container which has his business card in. No doubt to make you feel that he has an open door. However, after the debacle with the alarm, I attempted to call him on the 9th day of my holiday and he was unavailable so I emailed him with a video which was pretty self explanatory (it was me walking through my room at 7am with the alarm blaring out). I received no call, no response, no acknowledgement of any description.

The two previous years we stayed at Paloma Rennaisance near Kemer (excellent) and although the Rixos has better facilities, it loses hands down because it has terrible service.

Without customers your business is nothing. Something that Mr Capaccetti needs to understand. Cosmetically, Rixos is excellent. However, you will not succeed with this place on looks alone. I regret wasting my hard earned money on such a poor experience and would not return here. There were some positives, don't get me wrong, but on balance they had lost me fairly early on and did absolutely nothing to turn it around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Winnie073
Dear Guest Winnie073,

Thank you for letting us knows about your stay at Rixos Premium Belek by sharing your precious time with us.

Your feedback is important to us as it gives us an opportunity to re-evaluate our services and gives us scopes for further perfection. We are re-creating our way with your valuable comments and suggestions. As Rixos’ main policy, our aim is to ensure that expectations of each Guest are met and exceeded, and we are deeply sorry that certain areas of the hotel did not meet your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced as a result. We always endeavor to ensure maintenance problems such as the one you experienced are avoided.

We assure that relevant feedback was shared with our department managers and whole related departments, such that the corrective measures will be taken in the appropriate time in order to avoid comments of this nature in the future.

We value you as our Guest and do hope to make amends and welcome you on your future visits to Antalya. We would be delighted to coordinate your further bookings personally.

cisem.fidan@rixos.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort
Titanic Deluxe
Titanic Deluxe
#35 of 88 in Belek
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,788 reviews

Been to Rixos Premium Belek? Share your experiences!