tayed at the Rixos with the family (two adults and two children) for a week in June. The hotel came highly recommended from people who had been there before, yet it looks like something changed - prices have gone up while quality decreased dramatically. This also seems to be the feel you get from reading the reviews on this forum.
Hotel is very large without really showing it, has plenty of green landscape, reasonably good beach and lots of amenities and things to do (including a large number of bars and restaurants).
We chose a standard room, which was large enough for the four of us and well appointed. First impression was good, they had the courtesy of placing a baby cot and an additional bed for our elder. However, this was the only nice touch during our stay. We have asked for a non-smoking room, but got one that smelled like after a bachelors' party. The smell was particularly strong in the bed sheets and pillows. After three complaints with the reception, someone finally came one day later and changed the sheets (but the smell was still there). Room service was performed only during nap time, if you did not wish to be disturbed then, the room was not cleaned. We had to ask twice at the reception for the room to be cleaned outside the 1.00-4.00 PM interval. Occasionally the sheets on the beds were worn-out and with holes, which I think is not acceptable for a 5 star hotel charging such high prices.
We thought the SPA was very nice, with lots of choices, four different saunas, a Turkish bath and even a snow room.
Choice of food in the main restaurant was OK for an all-inclusive place, service was poor – waiters were doing their best but were clearly overwhelmed. With respect to drinks, Rixos' interpretation of all-inclusive was completely a rip-off. The minibar was mostly empty (probably for fear that people would drink the free drinks!). This was a problem for us, as the two young children went to sleep quite early each evening and we could not go to the bars in the evening and preferred to say on the balcony at a drink. When we insisted that they fill the minibar, we got two beers, one ice tea and four carbonated drinks, along with three bottles of water. No wine, no spirits. I would rather pay and receive what I want than be all inclusive at Rixos and have no choices.
Service on the beach was virtually non-existent and quite poor by the pool. The choice of drinks was not satisfactory – for instance you could not have a fresh fruits juice or a cocktail with fruits. Instead, they seemed to be using the cheapest local juices. The same for wine or spirits. They served local wine which was crap and if you asked for a Campari soda you could be sure to get an intensely-red Burgaz Bitter or something like this with carbonated water from the Coca Cola machines. Unless you specified you wanted a gin tonic with Gordons or Beefeaters, the default choice was always for some local brand. On occasions, even if you asked for a specific drink, they would use a local substitute without consulting you and if you complained they responded that there is no more of the chosen brand.
We could not book into any of the a-la-carte restaurants – they were always fully booked – except on one occasion when we managed to get into the fish restaurant, where food was very good – but again you had to chose between the local wine or paying for import wine. The cheapest one was 50 EUR (a common Chile wine that you buy for 5 EUR in the supermarkets) while the French one was generally above 125 EUR.
On this note, everything that you buy there is insanely expensive. A photo made on the beach sets you back 10$, we paid 35 EUR for a Nivea sunscreen lotion, 10 EUR for a deodorant that costs 1.5 EUR in the supermarkets, 25 EUR for a small watergun, etc. A small cigar costs 25 EUR (which is more than the price you would normally pay for a pack of 20 of that brand).
Most staff did not speak or understand English very well and the default choice for greetings was in Russian. Guest relationship gave us wrong information two of the three times we consulted them.
That being said, the vacation was not a complete disaster, and I would not go as far as not to recommend this hotel – if you know what to expect it can be OK. In addition, I think that these problems can be easily corrected if only the management would be able to turn the ship back to where I understand it was in the past. It is the little things that matter and it should not cost that much to remedy the situation, because otherwise the hotel has great amenities and the potential to be a fabulous place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rixos Hotel Premium Belek stretches over 405,000 m² of Calabrian Pine and pistachio tree forests with an exclusive kilometer-long sandy beach extending one hundred meters inland. The premises are cradled within a magnificent natural setting that shamelessly flaunts the spellbinding natural beauty of the Belek region. Rixos Hotel Premium Belek began hosting guests in 2005 and today offers a truly deluxe quality service under the All Inclusive All Exclusive principle. We are very proud to be able to say Rixos Hotel Premium Belek was genuinely built with environmental sustainability in mind. Everything has been considered for an ultimately pleasant, first-class holiday complete with trekking along lush green trails, rich foods and beverages, and a very wide range of sports and fun recreational activities. Rixos Hotel Premium Belek tops each and every following categories as the absolute best in Turkey; Certified spas and wellness centers,Beaches and pools, Fitness centers, A la carte restaurants, Kids clubs, On-site shopping centers, Classy interior and exterior spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Premium Belek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Hotel Turkey
- Hotel Rixos Turkey
- Rixos Belek
- Rixos Premium Hotel Belek
- Rixos Hotel Premium Belek