“Best Hotel I have ever stayed in .. AMAZING !!!”

Rixos Premium Belek
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I have just came back from this hotel. This was my 6th times in Belek and by far the BEST. I normally stay at the Papillon Zeugma which is also a 5* but the Rixos is by far the best.
Overall the hotel is immaculate, clean and is well decorated it has everything u want and u are never bored.
There are 2 outdoor pools and you are never looking for a sunbed. In previous reviews people have mentioned the rude Russians and how they steal sunbeds. We had this issue however it was by another English couple, this issue was soon sorted by a lifeguard where they were given more sunbeds. Just goes to show the English can be just as rude as any other nationality!!
Our room was a double with a sea view. It was lovely, clean, modern, big and well furnished. The bath was massive and the bed soooooooooo comfy and big.
Restuarants
- There are 10 restuarants to choose from and we have no problems booking the A La Cartes. We ate in the Mexican, BBQ, Italian and Chinese. The Mexican and Chinese were lovely. I was not keen on the BBQ as the restuarant is right on the beach where cats would beg you for food so I could not relax during my meal also it was badly lit so could not see what you were eating. Other than that the food was excellent. The buffet had a great selection and even if u did eat in there more than once there were 5 different rooms which branched off where the food was available so u felt like u were in a different restuarant.
During the day there is always food available whether its in the food court where they have kebabs, burger, chips, jackets, waffles, pasta or the beach snack bar or buffet restuarant,.
At night time the buffet resturants opens 12am to 2am for last night meals or room service is served free of charge between 2am till 7am.
There are around 12 different bars serving a variety of drinks and cocktails the rixos Salute being my favourite.
Evening entertainment is excellent in the amplitheatre where you can have a drink at the pool bat after or even go to the disco which is open 23.30 to 3am.
The hotel also has its only bowling alley which is 8euros per person or a cinema which is free of charge and plays an English film every evening @ 10pm as well as football matches.
The Spa is meant to be the biggest spa in Turkey however is quite expensive. There are also many designer shops in the hotel: Lacoste, DKNY, Swarovski, paul & Shark and many more all very expensive.
It even has its own water park which is free to use for hotel users drinks and food are also free. There are good rides and we had no problem finding rubber rings however this may be due to it being out of season. There is also a Dolphinarium which is 25 euros for the show
Although this hotel is big it is easy to find your way around, it even has its own boat which takes you up and down its own river. This hotel is fantastic and has everthing you need. I booked with First Choice and paid £670 per person. For me this was money well spent as did not spend a penny when I was there. I would recommend this hotel and I am going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sab400
RixosPremium, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear our Guest,

Thank you for letting us about your stay at Rixos Premium Belek by sharing your precious time with us. Since giving us an opportunity to re-evaluate our services and giving us scopes for further perfection, your feedback is very important to us. We figure out our way with your valuable comments. Also we are glad that you are generaly pleased with our services. We are looking forward to see you in our hotel once again.

Reviewed 10 October 2009

What can we say about this hotel, just by putting down a few pointers.....

Never had a 5* quality like this in Turkey. Have been and seen a lot of hotels, but this one is one of the most outstanding ones. The hotel looks a bit chilled from the outside, but what they did with this hotel, is that they spend their money in the interiour: beautiful interiour, luxurious decorations. The rooms......very clean (as was/is the whole hotel) and beautiful.
The buffetrestaurant is split into 5 big separate rooms (inside) each with a diferent atmosphere, where (and that is what we liked) especially an adult-only restaurant/room (service there: perfect....thanks Ismail, and your collegae, you were GREAT !). Like the food in the a la carte restaurants, having dinner in the Mosaic (buffet) is top! Even the clothing of the waiters (and of the whole staff) was perfectly fitted and
The service in the hotel can be charaterized as superfriendly. They try to help you the ebst they can. Service at the beach and pool......good!

The Russians, well.....have the experience that they can be rude and obnoxious, but at the Rixos Premium it seemed that the hotel selects it's "own" kind of people.

Great shows at nighttime in a wonderful amphitheatre.

Troy, the aquaparc, is just a small venue (not that big as they say it would be), but great to have some fun on the waterglides at some points during the week.

The Hamam......wow........truly to write that one down with a capital "H"!

Negative points:
* behind the smile at the guest relations desk the information you get is doubtfull (e.g. when you try to make a reservation for an a la carte restaurant, you probably get the info the restaurant you want to have dinner is full. What you see, passing by, is that the tables at the a la a carte restaurants aren't as filled as they say that they would be).
* hotel photographers are especially fond of (young) beautiful girls/ladies and/or small children. We heard that if you try to get their attention you get a very annoyed photographer taking a pic of you....as also for some (male) animators who knew their way with the ladies. Maybe because of the fact we were 2 men on a holiday.....

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2009

Originally booked this 7 night holiday, two days before we flew, with Travel Republic for £1,698 as they were the cheapest. But after they took the booking, they informed us that it had gone up £112 ( not their fault they said ). So I cancelled and re-booked with Thomas Cook, for £1701. Excellent flight times from Humberside, complementary drinks and 25K each weight allowance. Very quick transfer 40 mins by private taxi. Hotel fabulous, large room with sea view, two double beds and very clean. Every sports facitiy that you need, good quality gym, super spa. Good entertainment all day if required, or three quiet 'piers' into the sea to chill out on. Great for children, good facitities, hire shop for various sizes of pushchairs, special children's restaurant. Very good live evening entertainment, different every night. Fantastic choice of 8 good quality restaurants, with live entertainment featured on boats around the lake. Spend your first night in the buffet, which has several feature dining rooms to choose from. One is Adults only.
The secret with booking the Al a carte's is to do it on your way to breakfast, you can book three days in advance. If you have a problem, customer relations will get you in anywhere, they like the polite English. There is a great night water show and films on at the Cinema every night. The water park is OK good fun for an hour ( go at 4pm - 5pm )

Negatives were, very expensive in the hotel shops, so take everything with you.
Belek only 5 mins away by taxi 6 euro and Tractor 1 euro, from outside Hotel.
The main problem is the Russians, they are so rude and greedy. The do not queue, they push you to one side to get at the food. At breakfast, I saw one 'stick' like woman, take one full plate of every type of egg, fried, scrambled, boiled & omelete, another full plate of meats & savouries, another with different types of bread and pastries, another with ten different cheeses and finally, a dish full of fruit. She walked backwards & forwards filling the table. I assumed it must be for a big family. But no, her partner brought his own mountain pilled onto one plate. She lit up a cigarette and picked a small forkfull off each plate, smoking throughout breakfast. Then left 95% of it, I was disgusted at the waste.
This same woman took three beds on the deck, when the waiter asked if he could take one for a guest who did not have a sunbed, she refused, she then went for lunch, leaving towels on the beds so no one else could use them. For starters she took, not one but five fish, picked at them and you guessed it, left them all. I can't understand this mentality. It must sicken the Chefs to see so much of their good food thrown away.

Other than that, an excellent holiday, very good value for money, because of its size, it will not suit everyone, but I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suetaylorfashion

Reviewed 4 October 2009

We had a very good experience last year at the Rixos resort in Bodrum, and were looking forward to experience the Rixos Tekirova in Kemer.Upon landing in Antalya, we were told that The tekirova is fully booked, and were upgraded to the Rixos Premium. Oh my god, What a wondrful surprize we got. Everything was perfect. The room, the service, the buffet, the restaurants, the beach, the pool and so on. Just perfect. We are definetaly coming back !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 September 2009

We went to the dolphinarium and we have been adviced by the guest relations staff that we need to paid €100 for the entrance,so we have paid that amount cash in return we have been given a small receipt.At the check out on the last day,the payment for the dolphinarium was on our bill again and we have had to pay that money ,because on the receipt doesn't say ''paid'' and also because the guest relation staff is not allowed to take any money and the worst part is that the person who took the money did not recognize that she actually cashed the money

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Elena21uk
RixosPremium, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear guests,

We will be sincerely glad to see you in our hotel again, providing excellent service in the best traditions of the Rixos Hotels, as well as an unparalleled concept Premium Line, exclusively provided by a hotel chain Rixos Premium!

Best Regards

Rixos Premium Belek Management.

Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband and I, 17 year old daughter and her friend stayed at the Rixos Premium for a week at the beginning of September. From the minute we were met at the airport the service was outstanding. Every person we came into contact with within the hotel could not do enough to make our stay a pleasure.
The hotel had absolutely everything you could wish for and the different restaurants located thorough out the grounds made you feel as if you had gone out for dinner in the evening rather than just staying every night in the hotel. Every restaurant was individual in style and food which made every evening so different.
The food was excellent and when I went into the Sushi restaurant to ask if I could have a little for my daughter as we had run out of nights to eat there, they invited us to come back for pre dinner drinks and sushi before the restaurant opened.
Due to the size of the hotel you could be as involved or separate from the many activities taking place. Taking away two young girls they could go off and do exactly what they wanted and meet up with us at meal times. It was great that they could go to the nightclub on the beach at night and then walk back to the rooms without having to worry about their safety..
Nothing was too much trouble at this hotel. None of us can wait to go back. A first!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Victoria94

Reviewed 24 September 2009

I went with my partner, my sister and parents. It was my 3rd time in Turkey and my parents' 6th. It was definitely the best hotel we have ever been to! (And we always go for 5* all inclusive). It was, however, the priciest. But to be honest, it is worth the money!

Overall the holiday and the hotel were fantastic! But there were some negative points (which did not ruin my experience overall).

The staff speak english. It's not great english, but they will understand you. As some reviews say that the hotel is oriented towards Russian guests, well that is simply not true. I am Russian myself living in England. And believe me, the staff were not speaking russian at all (except for staff at the SPA and some shops). And for me the hotel seemed very multi-national, with guests from all over: France, Denmark, Iran, Bulgaria, England, Russia, etc... Who the staff are oriented towards are: families with small children and girl only groups (well, it is Turkey!). This brings me to my negative point. The staff are not very helpful. Getting drinks at the main restaraunt, for example. You could wait for a while for the waiters to come and sometimes they do forget your order. And they never take initiative, yo have to ask them for everything. If you want best service, come early, then they have very few people to look after!

The SPA is fantastic! Great design and big. You can relax lying on the sofa and drinking Turkish tea after visiting a Turkish sauna...Great! If you want to get the Turkish peeling or any other massages, you have to pay extra and it was expensive (about €100), but I do regret not getting it. People were really recommending it. My mum had Thai massage and she really enjoyed it.

The air-conditioning was a little weird. It was working, but very very quietly. But since in September it was cool in the evening and at night, the air-conditioning did not bother us. But don't know what would happen during July-August..

The beds were so big, I've never seen one like that in England :) But sleeping was not comfortable due to the pillows! It would seem so insignificant, but it made the sleeping really bad. The pillow was normal size, but very hard and fat. I know that some people consider pillows to be important for their sleep (who is not me by the way!), so I would recommend taking your own.

The A la carte restaraunts. You do need to book them 3 days in advance. Do it in the morning. One day it was raining all day (and rain in Turkey is a bit like snow in England :) ) and so the restaraunt was closed. You can guess that it was pretty packed in the main restaraunt! The Chinese restaraunt was nothing special, the main course and dessert were alright, but everything else was horrible. Fish restaraunt, ok, but nothing special. And king prawns and lobster were at an extra cost, which was disappointing! French restaraunt was the best for us out of the 3 restaraunts. The beef medallion was to die for! We've also heared very good things about the BBQ restaraunt. What I liked about a la carte restaraunts is that the staff were very nice and you can just sit down and relax.

The food otherwise was great! So much variety. Great fruit, vegetables. Fantastic choice of sweets. We loved sitting in Cafe Vien in the afternoons and having tea with pastries.

I am very surprised that noone mentioned Segways in their reviews! We tried it and it was such an amazing experience! After I got back I was looking for Segways in England, but apparently they are not allowed here unless on private property :( They were €20 for 30min and €30 for 1 hour. A member of staff goes with you, you follow him around the massive hotel territory. There's even an off-road track for Segways, fantastic!

The animation team was oriented around the pool area and did not go aroung making people come with them, which was perfect for me! So if you wanted to get involved, you could just go (the timetables are displayed around the hotel). And if you wanted to relax, nobody bothered you.

We visited the water park, as suggested, after 3pm (when it's only open for hotel guests). For some reason half of the rides were closed because it was late in the day! Otherwise it was fun to go there once. I think that for a hotel it's a great water park, but for people to be paying to visit it as a real water park, it is weak.

I want to mention again, that we absolutely loved the experience despite the negatives! I hope that if you choose this hotel, you will like it as much as we did!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family