“i wouldn't go there again”

Limak Arcadia Golf & Sport Resort
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Tulcea, Romania
“i wouldn't go there again”
Reviewed 28 September 2008

We stayed at limak,arcadia for 1 week,in july,this summer (2008).
The main problem was that during the 3 first days from our trip we got a terrible room. It was not placed in the main building,(even we asked that because we knew that they had diffrent tipes of rooms - they claimed that the room were exatly the same,but..no way!), it was at the 5th floor,no elevator (we had our 2 years old daughter with us), and,the worst of all...all the mine,day or night ,it was a horrible noise,made by some insects,they said. It was as if somebody would had some iron pipes throwed away all the time.Awfull!!
When we claimed a new room,they said that all their rooms were the same,that we had no reason to complain..we asked,we had fights (many,naot only one!),the answer was the same.
After 3 days,that was half of our holiday,they moved us into the main building,which was totally different,meaning that it was OK.
Other weak point it was that they had the room cleaned only while my daughter was sleepeng,after a very strict schedule..so,the room was not clened every day,because of thet reason. At least,they should have told us about this stric cleaning program,from the begining!

That would be all,so...if you have to choice,do not choice limak-arcadia,belek!

• Liked — the view from the second room we got
  • Disliked — the first room,the noise from there
2 Thank aalina2003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed 24 September 2008

great holiday just came back from there after a 10 night stay
excellant would reccommend to anyone well worth the money
the animmation team was really good
the staff on the reception very helpful and pleasant
the day we got there my friends hairdryer in her room blew up went to reception to report it fixed within 1/2 hour
chinese a la carte very very nice there was a service charge but peanuts for what you got
the shops where a bit expensive within the resort but you dont really need to go into them you have nearlly everthing you need supplied
my only bit of dissapointment was the gala night which was held every thursday evening this is not no more .
was really looking forward to it and then found out they do not hold this event anymore????????????
the food in the restaurant was good
but i think they could cater a bit better for the children.
they do have a seperate bit outside for the children but seemed to bo the same thing every night as my 9 year old son told me
every where was kept very clean i dont think i ever once seen any litter anywhere
the rooms where kept clean and tip top every day
i must say arcadia the best holiday i have had in a long time and i will deffinatly be returning
thankyou thankyou

• Liked — the entertainment
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Durham
Reviewed 21 September 2008

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Arcadia Golf Resort and it was absolutely great from checking in to checking out. We arrived at 3am and were asked if we required something to eat prior to going to our room by the very friendly english spoken receptionist. We declined this kind offer due to the 2 children and 2 parents who were extremely tired. There was a porter on hand to take all our baggage to our room. Our room was located on the 4th floor of the main building and was extremely clean and of a good size compared to other hotels we have stayed in.
Although we didn't wake up until nearly lunchtime the day we arrived we were not disturbed by any noise whatsoever from inside the hotel or its grounds and we were directly above the exit which takes you to the swimming pools.
When we eventually got down to the pool we could easily find 4 sun lounges together right next to the pool. We were soon introduced to the GR Manager Jamie who was extremely friendly and answered any questions we had and even organised a Sultans Tent on the beach to be prepared for us to use for the remainder of the day without charge (these usuallly cost 35e for the day). The pool area was also extremely clean and the life guards made themselves aware of all the people who were in each pool. They even took notice of which children were wearing armbands and if they were seen in the water without them they were there checking on them. (one even noticed my daughter who went and couldn't swim to leaving and swimming further than I could)
Although the food was quite repetitive there was always something that we all liked (even for the fussy eaters). The restuarant area was also very clean and the staff very pleasant, (here I will mention Inci the female waitress who looked after us marvourlously throughout our stay, after ordering our drinks once she remembered our order and kept us stocked up when we were running low without having to ask. She was also great with the kids).
The entertainment team were great even though they work long hours and in such heat. The kids loved Pinky and Gabrielle and the team.
There is also a snack bar on the beach which serves chicken nuggets, chips, hot dogs and hamburgers. Although the food was nice as was the waiter the service was a bit slow.
Although there were not many english people staying at the hotel we never found this a problem and the children easily made friends with other children.
The room was cleaned daily by a very polite cleaner, after a couple of days we returned to our room to find a fruit basket and a set of bathrobes in the bathroom. The mini-bar in the room was also kept stocked up with the required drinks allowed on a daily basis and bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower caps in the bathroom.
There is a shop located inside the hotel although this is extremely expensive (£40.00 for 2 lilos, £30.00 for sun cream).
Upon our departure we were not being picked up by the bus until 2230hrs. We spoke to the receiption staff on the morning of our departure and they were able to arrange for another room to be provided for us for the day (this was at an extra charge). The room was in a completely different part of the hotel I believe in one of the bungalows referred to by another review member. Again we were provided with a porter to take our bags to the room. When we arrived the room was a twin room and was extremely small compared to the previous room we had but what can you expect when it is really only to freshen up in prior to leaving. We were astonished to find empty beer cans, open water bottles, rubbish in the bins (bearing in mind no toilet paper down the toilet only in the bin!!). We immediately returned to reception and spoke to the female receptionist who was extremely apologetic and was mortified we had been given this room. She immediately gave us another room in the same block which was no bigger but at least it was clean, tidy and with a fully stocked mini bar.
We have already talked about returning to Arcadia in the future the only thing I would say is that I wouldn't really like to be placed in the room we had on a checkout day for 2 weeks.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I have staid in many hotels in my life, different countryes and even at 2* hotels, but never staied in such a horrible hotel. We arrived at 9 p.m. They gave us a room in the main building, but when we got there, the smell of wet walls and floor was insuportable. We went directly to the reception, and they gave us a room in a bungalow, about 10 minutes from the hotel. We got to the new room, and the surprises wheren't over. We where amazed to see a room about 2 sqm. When we opened the door, practicaly we jumped into the bed. There was no hall, it was so small that with us 2 and the luggages man was crouded. We whent again to the reception and we told them that we paid for a 5* hotel, not for -2* hotel and that we don't want to stay in a bungalow. They were verry rude and they didn't even know english at the basic level. They have told us that they do not have rooms in the main building and after a 2 hours of arguing with our travel agency and with that stupid receptioner, they continued telling us that we have paid for a doulbe standard and that the bungalow room was also standard. By the way, do you think that a room of 2 sqm. with no functioning air colling that made a noise like an air jet and from wich water was porring down the floor deserves almoast 2000 E ? I don't think so. That is how much we paid for that sheety hotel. I do not reccomend this hotel for no one. If you paid for a room here, go some were else, but not in a 1* hotel with the most stupid stuff and the most bad services ever. I will upload pictures so you can see that this hotel is not what they are trying to appear. Also, this was not the only thing bad about this hotel , actually pension I might add. the TV was probably made in the year when my grandmother was borne, in the bathroom was no drain so all the time was water on the floor, the shower was broken and the hair dryer was not working.
So in conclusion, this is the worst stay ever in a hotel, and for this money it was even worse.
Free activities and non motorised water sports were almost not existing and the ultra all inclusive concept is no where to be found in this hotel. You can say maximum all inclusive. The pictures will tell the rest.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — ALL was TERRIBLE
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ge0rge86
GRManager, LIMAK HOTELS MANAGEMENT at Limak Arcadia Golf & Sport Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in Arcadia. I would like to make a couple of points in defence of the hotel. I have seen almost every room in our hotel and I have not come across any damp or humid rooms in our main building, which makes me wonder why this guest firstly chose to move to an outside building, then decided to stay in this ‘terrible’ room. We are a resort hotel, which means that approximately 50% of our rooms are located in outside buildings (known generally as ‘bungalows’, although they often have more than one floor) and therefore involves a bit of a walk to the rooms. In general, the size and furnishings of these rooms are similar to those found in the main building, though some rooms are considerably larger and others smaller.

The second room this guest stayed in is a ‘cosy’ double room which, in my opinion, has enough room to comfortably accommodate two adults for a one- or two-week holiday. Admittedly the attached photos are not exactly flattering, but the majority are photos of the steps outside the room (which I admit are not exactly the most tasteful colour, but are after all only the entrance to the building). We cannot carpet these steps because when it rains the carpet would soon deteriorate in quality and appearance. However, the carpet inside this particular room, and those of the whole adjacent block, was newly laid this year, with further improvements to these rooms in the pipeline. I guess he forgot to attach the photo of the nice sea view from the balcony of his room!

Jamie Bedwell
LIMAK HOTELS MANAGEMENT
nottingham
Reviewed 6 August 2008

Nothing i can say but excellent, from the gardner right through to the manager , this is a top holiday, truly great, animation team top class.. if people find fault here then they are truly shallow....thanks arcadia ... tempo , tempo,tempo , tempo , chow , chow ...meow

• Liked — all of it
  • Disliked — nothing
North Hertfordshire
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Just returned from a great two weeks at the Limak Arcadia Golf Resort. This hotel is not the best we have stayed in but comes very high up the list, the rooms are clean and were kept that way throughout our stay and the growns were a nice touch. The mini bar was topped up daily and the towels changed when needed. The swimming pools and areas around them were some of the cleanest we've seen, you can also walk straight down to a nice clean beach which has sunbeds a shaded area and a beachside bar and not forgetting Mc Arcadia where they serve burgers,hotdogs chicken nuggets and chips great for the kids. The bar staff work really hard an seem somewhat suprised when you say please an thank you, the rudeness of some of the other guests was unbelieveable at times (only a small downside). There was always plenty of food in the main restaurant although we did find it becoming a little repetitive towards the end. The Gala night was outstanding, they transform the football pitch into a huge out door restaurant which takes them two days to get ready. The animation team where great, work really hard for long hours and can speak almost any language. The beach party is a must along with the foam party at the disco no matter what your age, although if you just want a peaceful evening drink an time to unwind there's the Ocean bar. Jamie at guest relations was more than helpful in getting me an adaptor which I had forgot to pack so I could charge my camera (many thanks again). We made friends with a large party from Essex some had returned for the last six years. We are all now looking at returning again next year what more can I say.

• Liked — Clean, friendly, very hot and the growns in the rooms was a nice touch.
  • Disliked — Forest fire that blocked out sun for last two days (just one of those things)
2 Thank Johnhboy56
leigh-on-sea
Reviewed 2 August 2008

I have just returned from a fantastic 2 week holiday at Arcadia. There were 22 of us in our party with lots joining us at times, but I am only writing this on behalf of myself.
On arrival (2am) the bellboys were quick to take our cases to our room. After a small tip, they left with a smile and for the duration of the holiday, whenever we passed through reception, they always smiled and greeted us.
The reception staff were always friendly and helpful and dealt with any queries, promptly. The 24 hour Lobby bar was ok to sit in for relief of the heat (really good air conditioning units were put in the day we arrived) and the staff there were generally ok. There was only one waiter in this bar that was cheerful and really friendly, having a banter with us and taking drinks orders too. Sorry didn't catch a name. Most of the other staff in the lobby bar were disappointingly bland and one in particular told my 7 year old son to "go away" when he asked for a bottle of water, 10 mins before we left the resort for home. He was very upset and so were we for being spoken to like that!
Our room was fair. It needed a lick of paint and tidy up round the edges and the rugs on our floor were dangerously slippery. Not a lot of space for storing clothes so all my clothes were stacked up on a small bedside table. There were 6 hangers between the 4 of us. We had a ground floor room so our walk to the pool was short and easy but caused a problem with 4 heavy suitcases when it came to leave as we had 2 flights of stairs to climb with no lift to our floor (we were 2 floors below ground). The maid service was ok. Clean bedding and towels everyday but never a sweep/clean of the floor and only once did we have our sheets made up in a novel way (just a friendly perk - not a necessity but it's nice to come back to the room at the end of a hot day, to see how the beds have been made up). Also our bowl of fruit sat there for 5 days, festering before it was removed and there were often empty plates/glasses left on a cabinet in the corridor (someone even left a dirty nappy outside their door regularly!!!). I felt the maid service was poor compared to our last Turkish hotel and needs improving. They were friendly enough but was this because they thought they would get a tip when we leave?
The air conditioning in the room was rubbish, to the extent that I moved beds so that it blew on me of a night, otherwise I roasted! We had 50 degrees daytime, 30 degrees at night, with humidity as high as 70 at times, so we needed good air conditioning. Sort that one out please!!!!
The pools were very nice. We based ourselves at the large pool nearest the beach for the 2 weeks and between us, took it in turns to place towels on loungers either on our way back from the nightclub at 2am or setting an alarm and geting up at 3am. This is necessary to guarantee poolside loungers at the height of the season. The pool was manned for 60% of the day by a lifeguard and the water checked daily. On our last day, this pool was closed quickly due to it being dirty but aparently soon re-opened. Poolsides were very clean BUT very slippery! I think all of us in our group actually fell completely or had a near miss due to the floors! I didn't go to any of the other pools but our children did. They loved the slides and the white "iceberg" type rockpools. If you want to be near music, games and action, the olympic sized pool is where you need to be.
The animation team worked extremely hard and for long hours. They were never rude, always friendly and encouraged everyone to join in with a variety of games e.g. Darts, Water polo, shooting. Please pass on enormous thanks and well done to Mustafa (your dance with Toni was 10/10), Erkan and Jacko (my 9 year old daughter thought you were fab!).
There was a variety of shows put on each evening but I never got to see them - too busy drinking in the Odeon Bar - however, all our children ate in the restaurant early so that they could go and the feedback from them was very positive. After the shows, the Likya bar came alive with entertainment from the animation team, from me taking part in a Belly Dance competition (I won with maximum marks 10 10 10 10!), Arm wrestling, Karoake, and fun games.
Then it was on to the nightclub on the beach, where twice a week they held a foam party!! What fun!! I've never been to a foam party before and never had soooooo much fun!! Can't comment on the staff as I never went to the bar here but the DJ was good (he couldn't play our requested song though!). The club has booth like seating areas - beware of the Russians who hog the booths. They are big booths that seat up to 10 people but we had a run in with 2 Russian ladies who shouted and screamed at us to leave "GO!" because 3 of us perched down to chat! We got them back though - on their last night at the foam party!! Well, you can't go to a foam party and try to stay dry - can you!!
Every other Thursday night, the hotel hosts Gala Night! Oh what a night. It takes 2 days to set up on the big football pitch. White and Gold tables and chairs, all the food and drink you want, the longest cake ever, fireworks and all the kids go on stage to Michael Jackson's "we are the world" song. Won't tell you anymore cos it will spoil it, but take your cameras and camcorders!!
Also once every 2 weeks, there's a beach party. Again the hotel work hard to cover chairs with gold and white and a disco is laid on. This was "all white" night, where everyone wears white and after the entertainment - it's foam party time!!
The restaurant is fair. Canteen like and often busy causing problems with seating but you get by. The staff weren't very friendly and often ignored us but if you get yourself attached to a friendly one, you can get them to take a drinks order for you. The tables weren't cleared away very quickly either. We often had to sit at a dirty table with dirty dishes and try to attract a waiter to clear it for us. People in the restaurant (meaning the holidaymakers) were rude, pushed in, grabbed, wasted food and ate like pigs but there's nothing the hotel can do about this. The Russians were the worst with no manners whatsoever, followed by the Iranians and Dutch. Us English are the only country that know about queuing and saying our pleases and thank yous. The waiters/staff would often look at us in amazement if we said thank you for something as simple as taking the plates away, but they would always follow with a friendly "you're welcome".
The shops on sight are expensive, in particular the Market sweet like shop. Go to the Factory Shop at home to get your lilos, they are expensive at Arcadia as is Sun Cream, so take enough for your stay. The Silver Shop and Jewellers are reasonable with professional service. I'd recommend getting your expensive jewellery valued on returning home. My ring doubled in value when I got home last year.
The beach is nice, sea very warm but has a strong undercurrent and drops sharply not far from the edge. It's nice on the jetty with a shaded area and cushions to sit on. The beach bar is ok but service is poor. You can queue for over half an hour for chips, burgers or hot dogs up to 6pm, so remember this at half 5 when you are feeling peckish.
There's plenty of watersports and the guys are very helpful and friendly. There's parasailing, banana boat and donut, as well as jetskies all at a fair price.
The grounds to the hotel are very clean, decorative and there's some nice photo spots. The crickets are LOUD beyond belief and are ugly. There's also a few kittens and cats that prowl around. The foreigners tend to pick them up, feed and pet them but I wouldn't recommend it. There's also the odd tortoise roaming around which is amusing and very sweet.
The hotel is situated very close to Belek town which you can walk to (dare you in the heat we had!) or you can get a taxi. Belek town is nice, friendly and the market on a saturday is fun if you like bartering with them. The men in our group had a proper Turkish shave in one of the Barbers and we all hit a kebab shop for a proper kebab. Very nice.
There's a water park a short distance down the road from Arcadia but this worked out very very expensive. They were charging 160 Euros for the 4 of us for the day and even though we went along in a group of 22, they wouldn't work out a deal with us. Food and drink for lunch was included but it still worked out very expensive, infact places like Legoland and Chessington worked out cheaper!! Arcadia - can't you work with these people to get a deal for Arcadia residents????
Overall, the hotel is good. I can't compare it with the one I went to last year because they are completely different in several ways. We were looked after - Yakut you are fab! Thank you very much for all your help and looking after us all. You always came over to see us, to shake our hands and exchange pleasantries. Thank you.
The hotel is good for children - mine are 7 and 9 years old, teenages and adults alike. We liked the fact that it was 24 hour all inclusive, there's plenty to do all day and all night long and us English were the politest!!!!

• Liked — The pools, 24 hr all inclusive, the animation team and the location
  • Disliked — room service, MOST of the staff and the rude holidaymakers from other countries
1 Thank bayley10