“Honest review from family of four”
Review of IC Hotels Santai

IC Hotels Santai
Ranked #32 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have stayed in a couple of hotels in Lara area and decided to try the Belek area. When we had stayed at the Delphin Palace we met a fantastic waiter who had subsequently went to work at IC Santai. When we contacted him last year he suggested booking the Santai as the standard was excellent at a price much less than the Delphin and other hotels. He was not wrong. We booked two rooms and were lucky to get pool views with adequate balconies. We were the only British family in the hotel,but due to getting involved in the activities we soon got to know various other guests (most guests were Russian). The entertainment team were outstanding and work extremely hard. The activities are varied and the shows at night are professionally run. There is even a disco for the late nighters! There were always sun beds available and you can choose from three pools. A kids one with small water slides, a relax pool where children are not allowed or the main activity pool. The beach is about 100 metres away with lots of available beds. The bars are great, one main hotel bar with great seating inside and out. Staff were superb hear and always welcoming. There are two pool bars and a beach bar. They even have two staff on roller blades that will come to your snubbed and ask what drink you would like brought to you! The drinks are great and they offer branded spirits like beefeater gin and absolute vodka. The main restaurant offered a variety of food that would suit everyone's taste for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate at the beach bar for lunch which offered the usual chicken,salad, pizza,lamb. But it also had a pasta area where a chef would cook the pasta of your choice. You can easily book a la carte restaurants but they charge 5 euros each. However the standard is high and food is excellent. We ate at the Asian one twice and tried the Italian and Mexican. This is definitely a five star hotel which is great value for money. If you fancy a bit of shopping a short bus journey from right outside the hotel will allow you to haggle for all the fake designer gear you want. A good tip is to learn please and thank you in Turkish. This goes a long way with the staff who appreciate the effort you make. We also occasionally gave a small tip to some of the staff. You were not left waiting long the next time you needed a drink or a table to sit at for dinner.
I am surprised at some of the negative reviews, we honestly found this hotel to be of a high standard and perfect for an all inclusive family holiday. Thanks to all the staff for their effort to give me and my family such a great holiday.
If anyone has any specific questions just send me a message via trip advisor and I will respond asap. Ultimately I would have no hesitation in returning to the IC Santai. Loved every day.

Room Tip: Get a pool view (which all face out to the sea). These have balconies and are great. I think some ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gaz23_23
ICHotelsSantai, Guest Relations Manager at IC Hotels Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest (gaz23_23),

Thank you for taking your valuable time to inform us about your kind comments. We are happy to to hear that you had a great time. We'll be very happy if you decide to spend one more time your holiday in IC Hotels Santai. Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the IC Santai for ten days. We had a standard room which was in the main building and we have no complaints whatsoever about the room. It was spacious and clean and was exactly what you would expect and hope for from a 5 star hotel. I can't speak for the villas but I honestly can't imagine how they would be better than the room we were in.

The hotel is full of Russians. There is no denying that. The staff all seem surprised when they hear an English voice and I can only imagine that it is a shock to have someone say please and thank you, as the other guests don't seem to think good manners are necessary. Manners cost nothing so I don't know why it is so difficult for other nationalities to use them!

The food is plentiful and varied. Whoever says differently is wrong! There is so much choice it is sometimes overwhelming. There is a separate area and buffet for children, which is a nice touch, but children are obviously free to chose from the main buffet as well. There is more fresh fruit and salad than I have seen at other 5 star resorts as well as freshly grilled fish, meats, vegetables, stews, pasta, pizza, etc,etc. I would challenge anyone not to find something they like at each meal. If you can't, perhaps you should stay at home!

The hotel staff are amazing. Very polite and they can't do enough for you. The service in the al a carte restaurants is second to none as the restaurants are used by very few guests, presumably due to the €6 surcharge. Ridiculous!! For less than £5 you get an almost private chef and service and amazing al a carte food, rather than sharing your mealtime with hundreds of other guests in the main restaurant. The Japanese/Asian restaurant was the highlight of the holiday. Only 4 guests there. The sushi and the rest of the meal was fabulous and the service was second to none. I cannot recommend it highly enough. You should not miss it!

If you don't like seeing food wasted, you're in for a shock. Most of the Russian guests pile plates up as if it were their last meal. I have never seen so much food on one table! It wouldn't be so bad if they actually ate it all, but the amount that gets left and then chucked away by the staff us unbelievable. It is shocking and by the end of the holiday it was all I could do not to actually point this out to certain families! But I know they wouldn't care. It is obviously just the way they are. Strawberries, cherries and melon seem to be the favourite. There are almost fistfights in their desire to get to the bowl and pile their plates high!

I'm not normally a fan of hotel entertainment but the programme was varied and very well organised, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed something most nights. There is also an amazing spa and fitness centre which is really underused and was pretty much empty most days. Being able to use the gym on your own and then cool off in the spa pool, again on your own, was definitely a highlight for me.

Overall I can't fault the hotel or it's staff. Amazing! Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola G
ICHotelsSantai, Guest Relations Manager at IC Hotels Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest (Nicola G),

Thank you for taking your valuable time to inform us about your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you had a great time.

We hope to serve you again in IC Hotels Santai. Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

To be honest, it is first time in my life,when I write review on any hotel. I do not want to write about dirty room, swimming pool,....because it is quite normal in 5stars Turkey hotels. The worst thing happened to us 4th day of our stay. All the "ALA CARTE RESTAURANTS" were always completely empty. Even of this we booked with our grandparants dinner in Japanees restaurant. Normally are "ALA CARTE RESTAURANTS" free of charge, but in IC HOTEL you must pay 6 € per person, but who will care if you spend already almost 10.000€ for family holiday. We were looking for great dinner, we dressed our best pieses and went for booked dinner. Waiter came after 4 minutes of our arrival and let us sit by big round table. After 5 minutes he came to us, that he must discuss with hotel manager, if we can take the dinner together with our 3 years daughter......Wow.... The restaurant was completely free ( as well within last 4days ) and they want to refuse fist clients after long time.After 5 minutes arrived hotel manager and they discussed outside another 5 minutes, if our daughter is so danger. So, they came to us and we were told that childern' s are forbiden in ALA CARTE RESTAURANT. You can immagine our feeling, that our planned romantic dinner is spoiled by hating and discimination of childern. At the end I asked the manager, if I must kill my daughter, when I want to have dinner in the restaurant .... And he told me.... Yes, withou your daughter you are welcome tomorow, can I make new reservation?....after this I had no words..... Just to write this review.......really incredible......so in case you have childern.....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank ONDREJ S

Dear Guests (ONDREJ S),

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to inform us about your comments. We are really sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at Umami Restaurant. We would like to inform you that among all of our 5 A'la Carte Restaurants only in Umami Restaurant does not welcome children. We understand that you've made your reservation through our reservation kiosks, which indicates children are not accepted in Umami Restaurant on the reservation screen. Therefore there is no food selection for the kids. While you were having dinner, some of our guests complained about children presence and our Guest Relations Agent come through. During your vacation you are welcome to use all A'la Carte Restaurants free of charge untill your departure, except Umami. We would like you to know that it will be our pleasure to assist you in IC Hotels Santai.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently spent a week in this hotel with teenagers. The hotel and grounds are stunning. The food was very good at lunch time with a wide choice however the variety was more limited in the evening. I would have liked to have seen more fresh fish on the menu and less stews considering the high temperature outside. The food is geared towards the Russian palate. The salads were amazing with plenty of choice. Would have liked to have tasted more Turkish food. The dining room was beautiful when empty however at meal times especially in the evening there were literally hundreds of kids and it felt like a school canteen. The al a carte restaurants which were virtually empty during our stay would have been better utilised for adult guests or like us , a family with grown up teenagers without the added cost which applied. The cocktails were amazing and the iced coffees. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were the only British family in the hotel which wasn't a problem as some of the staff spoke English. We would certainly stay again if we could dine in peace and quiet without paying an excess for meals. Good value for money and loved the location

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sanderson2014
ICHotelsSantai, Guest Relations Manager at IC Hotels Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest (Sanderson2014),

We would like to thank your for choosing IC Hotels for your holiday and for nice comments at Tripadvisor page. Our staff have been motivated by your great feedback.
Your comment about the fish and more Turkish food was referred to our chef. We want you to be sure that it will be taken into consideration.
We wsih you all the best and truly hope to see you again in IC Hotels Santai.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

the service and staff are nice, the food is not so good. tthe pool is for young people that wants to play and advertise, meet new friend , most of people were from Netherland, kazakistan, Ukraina young couple

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest (Edvin275),

It will be our pleasure to serve you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I read all the bad reviews before going to this hotel, so I'd like to leave mine also. I've been here 7 days at the end of May 2014. We payed for a standard room, and we received a villa. A very good first impression. As I understand, the hotel was renovated in 2012. The villas were'nt. Clean, with better positioning, more room obviousily (it could fit 4 persons easily and it has 2 bathrooms), but had old furniture, and old AC Units. Also, the AC Units started to leak and smell, so in the last 2 days we changed to a standard room. This is another story, since it was renovated and the standard room was 5 stars. In both situations, towels were changed daily, and the minibar filled daily also..The whole personell was very nice and helpfull (from celaning ladies and gardners to animators, reception or bartenders), most of them spoke english (reception, animators and bartenders), so there were'nt any language issues, like I've read arround here. Yes, there are a lot of russians in this hotel, and a lot of them don't speak anything else than russian, so at the activities you may feel alone against mother Russia :-) .The services are very good, the food is plenty to choose from, and the pools very nice. The beach is sandy but the last 2 meters in front of the water is stony. Also, the entrance in the sea is abrupt, most of the people were in the first 3 meters of the sea, since after the first 3 meters, you cannot reach the bottom anymore.. In conclusion, if you're looking for a nice hotel for your family, it's a good choice, and has a good value for the money, If you're looking to go with friends or solo, I would try another.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the park are quieter, rooms on the seaside have better view, but more noise unt...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Alex Z
ICHotelsSantai, Guest Relations Manager at IC Hotels Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest (Alex Z),

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The standard rooms were big enough, comfortable and clean, the view from the 6th floor was marvelous. The staff was very smiley. The beach and the pools were very nice. The kids club was fun, though there were mostly Russian kids and therefore Russian ladies from the animation team taking care of them but i assume that they speak English. The meals were delicious and there were enough choices for vegetarians also. We were very glad to see a lot of high chairs for kids, so you can find one very easily even if it s a busy time. Having fresh orange juice and turkish coffee anytime for free was a pleasure.
We have stayed only for 2 nights ( saturday & sunday) and there was some live music until 23.30. Honestly the music was nice; but it was so loud that we were hearing it really well from the room and it was tough for our 1,5 year old to sleep. Except that everything was great. I just wished that the music was not that loud.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ipekii
ICHotelsSantai, Guest Relations Manager at IC Hotels Santai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest (ipekii),

We will inform Animation Department about your review. Please make sure your comment will be examined carefully.
It will be our pleasure to serve you again. Please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.