“Bit disappointing.”

Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointing.”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just got back and would not rate this a 5 star hotel, mainly due to the limited variety of food and rude bar staff and majority of Russian guests who think they own the place. However the place is so vast there was never a problem getting a sunbed and we hired a pavilion with butler service a couple of days which was great. Aquapark is in the children's club which put us off as there were loads of young kids running around. With our package with First Choice we were entitled to a visit to the a la carte restaurant, but on checking out they wanted us to pay for the meal and claim back from First Choice. Our rep had signed a form to say they would pay for it so we stood our ground and refused to pay. Took over half an hour but they eventually found the receipt and accepted it grudgingly.

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel overlooking the gardens so was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank polo0408

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

I chose this hotel because I was taking my 10 year old son away on my own and I wanted somewhere that he wouldn't be bored and there would be plenty for him to do. The Pine Beach covered this in spades.

The water park on site is great, there are bars and restaurants all over the complex. The all inclusive just seems to run all day and night. No cut off at 11pm like other hotels I've stayed in. The beer isn't watered down.

Our room was large and kept very clean. The minibar was restocked every day as part of the AI package.

The food in the restaurant was plentiful and there was lots of choice, although my son sometimes struggled to find something he liked. Although other restaurants on site had kids buffets so we were sorted.

Bad points

I did find the service from the bar staff and waiting staff occasionally shocking. Mainly because it was so busy they just couldn't cope! Or they couldn't understand English.

This hotel is occupied by about 95% Russians! But that didn't bother us.

The beach is pebbley and although the water is very warm it wasn't very clear so my snorkelling gear ended up back in my suitcase.

Apart from that we loved it. The weather was fantastic and we would definitely go again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Yickerman
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here first week in July. It was a toss up between several hotel on the belek beach that all appeared to have very similar facilities so we ended up going for this one down to the waterpark and price.

Good points
The room we booked said main hotel, but we ended up in the annex. Wasn't a problem, it was a top floor room with a partial sea view, and was quiet enough. They have been refurbished and the huge bed, air con and rainfall shower were great.
The pools are great, all big so not overcrowded at all. We always managed to find sunbeds, it goes quiet at about 12-3, so you can move around to other areas. The beach is nice other than a bit stoney where you walk in to the sea. The whole hotel is kept immaculately clean and fresh. There so many bars and food places you don't have to walk far to get drinks. The entertainment is usually English based which was surprising but good.
The beach hut pavilions are set worth trying out. They cost $65 for a day but you get butler service, food drinks fruit ice cream every hour, a phone to call for anything else, a fridge and a safe. Go for number 9b it's got a view straight out to sea with no umbrella in the way.

Bad points
Food- Not great. Very similar stuff each day and not at all oriented around British guests. Often indescribable so you just had to take a bit to try. There are 2 restaurant buffet areas the smaller one was much nicer and quieter. The other one whilst having slightly more choice had long queues and more rude people. The Russians seem to think its okay to send one kid to queue for a whole families worth of food so when you are waiting for pancakes for example, the kid at the front won't leave until their plate is overflowing and you just have to wait and wait. Most of the staff at the hotel have very limited English so it's hard to order / get what you actually want from them. The lunchtime snack bars weren't too bad, especially akdeniz.
The a la carte restaurants meanwhile are def worth visiting. Nice atmosphere and lovely staff. In the first choice brochure you are meant to get 2 free visits (one to each) but to get this you have to find the rep to sort it as its not actually included. And we still ended up having to pay due to a mix up when we were leaving.
Needs more of an equal split of nationalities. We didn't speak to anyone else for the whole week as we struggled to find any English people. Not only that but the Russians are quite rude, pushing in front of you in queues regularly and talking to the staff very abruptly.

Overall
Great holiday, but probably wouldn't return to this hotel. However we usually try something different very year anyway.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Peepeejack
London
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

This is a huge complex, near to the airport with lots of modern facilities on offer but it's size is the architect of it's downfall. For everything great there's something bad.

I didn't have a problem with there not being many English, it's a holiday abroad. Far away from home. Also I didn't meet any rude Russians, they all queued and reserving sunbeds with towels is a cultural thing common in most countries, as is tipping which English don't tend to do so it's each to their own.

GOOD
The rooms were a good size with large beds and very good air-conditioning. All modern and clean and their was a very basic minibar (soft drinks, beer, milk, water) that was replenished daily.

The resort had lots of facilities you won't run out of places to go. Lots for kids: mini-club, pools, activities, water slides. Free ice-cream dying certain hours too. They won't go hungry. Then there's plenty of pools and a nice beach with pretty good shading.

See Bad for the food but the kebabs and squid were very nicely cooked.

There was a lot of places to relax inside the complex with a number of bars. The wifi was a bit unreliable, lots of access points but demand meant they would drop regularly.

However, we arrived a few days before family and noticed loads of Ethernet Broadband boxes in the rooms and complex so got a cable sent to us and it worked brilliantly. So bring an Ethernet cable for your laptop.

BAD
The walls between the rooms are thin and the large, open reception area echoes noise through the hallways. Outside there are huge boiler rooms generating a humming noise throughout. Again, the shear size of the place lets it down.

Lunch and dinner were difficult times as there were so many people about. Long queues, unprepared tables and too few staff made it a mission to get sorted.

There was a lot of food on offer but a lot of it was very bland and repetitive. This increased the queue size for anything decent. The kids selection was always meatballs and chips or mash so that got tired of quickly. Lots of the salads had no descriptions so it was trial and a lot of error. Too many people to cater for not enough care.

Cocktails were a lottery. You have to tell them how to make them and ensure they don't use the cheap label spirits. I ordered a Pina Colada and the guy chucked some cheap rum into a glass with milk. That was it!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MyRating
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here with Marknmadge who left a review earlier. I am the 22 year old son who was quite sceptical of Turkey but from the moment I arrived I loved it. The Maratim Pine Beach Resort is the best hotel I have stayed in for numberous reasons and I was very upset to leave and come home. The food, drinks, pool, weather everything was perfect! Me and my older brother managed to make the most of the free bar every night! The entertainment team were all roughly the same age as me and my brother and very talented people who can speak many languages, one person in particular (Rajja from the Pino childrens club) was brilliant with my younger sisters and I still stay in touch with her now. All in all a brilliant holiday and would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank KevG1991
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My first trip to Turkey is definitely not my last. I am absolutely in love with the resort and would go there again any day! I loved the staff, they were all hard working , friendly and welcoming. Some of them will always
Selim, Berkcan, Ronahi and a few more ( I don't remember the other names , sorry )
Shout out to the ladies from Indonesia at the Spa ( you guys need to come to London, you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!) and also Charlie , she makes you feel taken care of with those sweet letters every morning :))). I don't think i have to reiterate the problem with the Russians. All you can do is stand your ground if they cross limits otherwise ignore such IGNORANCE. And Hey if you're into RnB/Hip Hop/ Soul /commercial music ? Forget it ! Not going to happen ahah!
BEN ANTALYA SEVIORUM ( and yes thats how far my Turkish goes :P)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sam A
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was our first trip to Turkey and me and my friends had a great time at Maritime. The resort has near enough everything you could need to have a pleasant experience on your holiday and the staff are all very helpful and welcoming. The majority of tourists at this resort are Russian and therefore alot of the activities and music are catered towards the Russians (by this I mean they continuously play Russian music)! Apart from this we had a great stay and I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to have a relaxing stay. Do not miss out on the Turkish bath! It is amazing and very relaxing. Belek market which is about 15 mins drive from the resort is great for buying souvenirs and gifts at a good price as long as you haggle. Take the tractor to the market as not only is it cheaper, but it also gives you a chance to see a bit more of the city. A big thank you to Selim - the barman who provides us with our daily cocktails, Ronahi - the waiter who always ensured we had a table with a view for our meals, and also Berkcan - one of the only staff member who understood our need for listening to music other than the Russian songs that were over played!

• Stayed June 2013