Maritim Pine Beach Resort
Gloria Verde Resort(Belek)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,230 results
All reviewsaqua parkturkeymain buildingfresh towelsevery eveningall inclusive packagefamily hotelconferencepoolsentertainmentchildrenwaitersholidayslidescongressantalyashows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We are a family of four and had 10 days here in Aug 2013. The whole resort was very clean and well presented. All staff from maids and pool life guards to cocktail waiters and bar staff were very friendly. There was always entertainment for all age categories from young toddlers to grown adults (who want to be children!) The kids club was very friendly atmosphere and the children enjoyed their time at the club and even participated in the main shows with the staff.

The food, in both the all inclusive restaurants, was always well presented, very tasty with plenty of choice for every palate. In addition to this, the many other bar/food service areas ensured we never went hungry. We visited the Italian ala carte restaurant one one occaision and although other guests enjoyed this we found it to be very average and poor service; we much preferred the regular all inclusive restaurants.

We were accomodated in the main hotel which was very pleasant with air-con room and free minibar daily. Although the rooms are fairly large once the maids added two single beds to our double the room did become fairly tight on space. With a TV and kettle etc it was more than adequate, the balcony to enjoy a cocktail as the sun went down was delightful.

We didn't use the spa except for the last day to shower before starting our homeward journey. There were two main shops within the resort which are very, very expensive!! however they sell the same products at different prices so be sure to check out both shops before you buy.

Turkey is a tipping culture and although there are many Russians at this resort, who can appear quite rude and pushy, a small tip a day of approx 10 lira (£3) will ensure your waiter/ barman is not dedicated to them and will give you the service you deserve for you Holiday.

5  Thank TREVOR H
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I got back last night from a 10 day holiday here with my wife and 13 year old daughter.
As with any holiday there were plus and minus points and i will try to cover them all here.

Positives.
This is a fantastic hotel, far and beyond anything i have stayed in before and well worth its 5* rating. It oozes sheer quality and no expense spared at every sight. The architectural structure is magnificent and it is very well presented both inside and out. The hotel is kept absolutely spotlessly clean by the army of cleaners and staff, constantly walking round, and i mean all day and all night, even beach cleaners day and night. There was never a thing out of place, and if there was any litter anywhere it wasnt there for long.
The rooms are spacious and again of great quality, and again kept spotlessly clean.
I never met a member of staff that wasnt helpfull or friendly, a couple wore a grumpy expression but so do some of us at times.
The food was of excellent quality and absolutely loads of it. you can never go hungry here as there are so many snack bars, doing different things at each one, i especially liked the calf meat wraps at the pool bar, but there was something different at each one.
The whole hotel is mahoosive and easy to get lost in inititially but with a bar and a snack area at every turn you cant go far wrong.
There is the "Pino" club for yougsters with an area for very young with safe slides etc and a good sixed pool with 8 water slides and a lazy river. this is a bit of a walk to the top are of the site, but there is a golf caddy shuttle every 5 minutes so you dont have to walk. i would say this pool is aimed at 5 - 10 year olds and it serves them well but i only went once to see what it was like and my daughter only went twice, but i think was probably a bit young for her.
The hotel, as all the others in the strip do, had its own private beach which was clean and tidy, with its own pier and 3 floating islands to swim to. The water is murky at the edge but lovely 12 feet in. There are a lot of pebbles on the edge of the water line but not on the sea and not all over the very hot sand.
There was a botanic(quiet) relaxation pool, a main pool , a smaller pool, the Pino club pool and plenty of sunbeds round each one. we never put our towels down early as we didnt need to . Also plenty of sunbeds on the beach too.
There is a tractor and trailer transfer directly outside the hotel gate to Belek town centre every half hour. We went to the market on saturday, then a walk round town, but be prepared to be ushered into every shop/market stall, if you show an interest at all in what they are selling. make sure you haggle though in the market and the town, at least half the price the tell you. They dont put prices on anything at all so that you have to ask, but we always got at least 50% off.
The entertainment programme , all day is first class, not your normal teenagers trying to entertain, but proper bar games pool games and proper shows, beach parties light show parties and are fantastic. i wont comment on the kids clubs as my daughter didnt use them, but they did involve the kids in the evening shows which was great.
Disadvantages
Really struggling here as it was on the whole fantastic. if anything the only thing i can knock it on is that anything extra you want to buy in the complex is extortionate and they wont budge on prices. Photos taken of you, are vey good and proffessional looking but 8 euros each. Shisha pipes are 25 dollars. Spaand turkish bath is very good but 55 euros each. Pavillion (own private sun hut with butler service) in 65 dollars for the day i think, although we "won" ours in an entertainment competions (Mr and mrs style thing).

Tips
Everyone on her talking about rude russians. I had heard about it bit never experience it myself. They dont do queueing particularily well and like to stare at you as they walk past and they never smile, especially the blokes but dont let them intimidate you, that is just how they are, so dont take it personally.
A La Carte restaurants. First choice/Thompsons brochure says you get one visit a week included free. You dont. ! You wont. The rep (Lisa) is uninterested at best at all times and wont sort it out for you. What they dont tell you is that you only have to pay a surcharge which is £6 per person. Its unbelieveable value for 7 courses of sit down food. we went to the italian as we not keen on fish. You choose from a varied menu. The portions arent massive but the food and the ambiance is great.
The Thomas cook rep is a lot more helpful than our own rep was.
Tipping, You dont need to. its not in our culture, but it is the russians culture and that is why they do it. You have paid enough for your holiday and i believe service is included. having said that , we tipped in the a la carte as it was excellent, and i tipped 2 waiters. If you like a particular bar, or a particular waiter and you tip him, you will never need to queue at the bar again, as they watch you drinking and bring you another when your nearly finished. We only tipped 5 euros a time to the waiters and 10 euros per family in the a la carte and they dont make a big deal of it, just take it and thank you.

I think that is it, all in all a fantastic hotel with something for everyone young and old sporty and laid back.We met and stayed with daily 3 families from Liverpool, that we got on with, and for me that is what holidays are about, exploring the culture, having a good time and making new friends. If you go with eyes open and know what to expect then you wont be dissapointed, i promise. Dont forget a holiday is what you make it too.

Jim

14  Thank jimandsarai
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Well what can I say...

We have just returned from a fabulous two week holiday in this resort. We travelled as a group of 9 - 5 adults (two of which didn't have children) and 4 children aged 12, 11 and 9. We had a wonderful time, very good all inclusive resort. We travelled with Thomas Cook and had the Ultra Inclusive Package which included unlimited cocktails, mini bar re-stocked in your room every day etc.. not sure how this differs with other travel companies. Something for everyone as they say.

Plenty of sun beds, we didn't head down to put towels out until 8.30 and beds were available later than that, most Russians prefer the beach and beds and brollies go quicker there.

Beach is very clean and has wooden pathways everywhere so you don't burn your feet. Also has a pier where you can snorkel and see plenty of fish. You can swim out to platforms as well and if you swim beyond these adults can touch the bottom again and stand up. Kids loved going to the beach first thing after breakfast when the water is calmer.

Pools and pool areas fabulously clean and all reasonably shallow at 1.4m.

Aqua park is good, not too small and not too large that you loose your children. Beware of the slide that looks like a bowl, its good fun but quite a few adults used to bang their heads, maybe they were too big. I didn't allow the kids to go on it unless I was at the bottom waiting for them as the pool is very deep. No need to ruin their fun though my 9 year old went on it, they should be 12 to go on this but it depends on the staff and if they believed how old they were.

The aqua park also has bar/restaurant and ice creams served all day there. Very clean and a lot of fun was had by us adults as well. If it's not for you, depending on how old your children are they are safe to go off whilst you sunbathe.

You couldn't fault the cleanliness of the resort, there were always staff cleaning floors, toilets, bar areas, pool side - non stop in fact with managers walking around forever checking the areas had been cleaned properly.

Kids loved the evening entertainment, they would eat with us quickly and disappear off with their friends to watch the entertainment or roam around together. They particularly enjoyed the pool party (Sat night) which started at 10.30. Everyone dresses up in glam clothes or designer swimsuits - not us English we ran for the pool (with the kids) and dived in fully dressed, proceeded to throw each other in for a couple of hours, gave everyone else a laugh, much more fun and took me back to my holidays of youth, spent 2 hours in the pool and dragged the kids off to bed. The hotel even brought out towels for us.

Big rooms, good size bathrooms and nice size balcony (we had a sea view). TV in all rooms although we didn't even turn it on but they do give you the days activities on the entertainment channel. However, evening entertainment boards and activities are posted up in the bar areas.

We didn't find a problem with the Russians not queuing at all, there is plenty of space in the restaurant areas, and plenty of stations serving different food from vegetarian options, to diet options, a huge salad bar, lamb, chicken, beef, seafood are served every day. Lots of different fish is served from the BBQ areas just outside the main restaurant, you have to go and have a good look around before you select as the selection is vast, you cannot possibly get bored with the food here, you can't fault it at all, the meat just falls apart, you can even take the meat from one dish and the sauce from another. The only thing I found is that it is not very spicy as they obviously have to cater for everyone, but chillies are always available in the salad section if you need them.

Most of the staff in the main restaurants are fantastic. Mamhet (possibly not correct spelling) was excellent and took care of us for most of the holiday. When he moved inside to do a weeks shift he made sure that someone took over serving us and checked on us every evening. Again we tipped them every 3-4 days but it was well worth it, it meant that we got a table as soon as we all arrived for dinner one for the children, one for the adults. The Russians hated the service we received - it was nice to piss them off a bit!

Food is available throughout the day, breakfast is served from 7 - 10 in one restaurant with a late breakfast in another covering 10-12pm at which point you can start on lunch, on the balcony overlooking the sea until 2.30pm. Afternoon snacks are served 3pm - 5pm with free ice creams being served from 1-5 thereafter milkshakes are usually available. The kids quite often ate lunch together at the grill bars downstairs where they served, chicken, chips, wedges, pizza depending on which day. They could get drinks anytime from any bar, plenty of eateries and places to get drinks - you need to check them all out as there is a good variation of drinks and food being served.

The Russians pay big tips when they first arrive I think hence they get served at the bars. But don't dismay, the Turkish love the politeness of the English with their please and thanks you's, the Russians are very rude and demanding. You will find that some staff favour English and some Russian.

Minor cons:
There is a disco on site which we didn't read about on booking, but this isn't every night but it can be quite noisy until 2am. I was in the main hotel and I didn't find it a problem, as soon as the balcony door was closed, the noise reduced to next to nothing, I am a light sleeper and I used earplugs only twice in 14 days. If you are in one of the lower level complexes throughout the grounds like my sister, it was a bit noisier but still not to the extreme of keeping you awake.

I didn't think the room maids were that good though, even after tipping the standard of cleaning didn't improved, however, the rooms were clean, beds made, towels replaced - your on holiday spending very little time in your room and not cleaning yourself - unless you are OCD about these things - the rooms are fine.

Now English are more than outnumbered on this resort, it is predominantly Russian. We don't mind not having other Brits about but I do prefer more of a mix on nationalities. Some of the Russians do tend to almost walk through you sometimes, like not waiting for you to come out of the lift, but I just put up my hand to stop them and walked out first. They are not all like this, most are courteous (holding doors open), let you get food first, many helped the children when getting food and the children made two Russian friends by the pool and the parents came to ask permission to take photo's before we left.

The bar areas are hit and miss and you will have to tip to get service whether you like it or not. 10tl will do every 3-4 days and DON'T tip on a Sunday or Monday as the staff change and you will waste your money.

Watch your drinks, they have a habit of serving you random drinks that you haven't asked for and my sister did get a gin fizz with a salt rim - nice. However, we found the whole situation with the Russians being served first and random drinks quite funny. We did find some good staff and we received excellent service for most of the holiday with the odd night where the drinks were not flowing but we are not big drinkers and so this was not a problem for us.

Shopping is crap basically. We went into Belek once but it is full of shops selling the same items at ridiculous prices for very badly made fakes. 40 Euro's for a very badly made Hollister hoodie that friends would laugh at - I don't think so! The Russians love this stuff though and that's where their market is.

One thing we found is that you can barter however there are very few prices on anything to give you a starting point - I found this ridiculous and therefore didn't bother.

BEWARE the shop in the main hotel doesn't have prices on anything and he will make it up as he goes along - DONT SHOP HERE. There is another shop in the foyer further down (by the main big pool) in the other large bar area, he has prices on everything, speaks good English and is very helpful - we purchased everything from this shop after the first couple of days of being fleeced by the other main shop.

Summary:
Overall a wonderful holiday, the hotel have thought of everything.

If it hadn't been so hot (37-45) most of the time we were there, I would probably return. However, haven't ruled it out as I am a single parent and would be more than happy to return to this resort if I was holidaying on my own with my children in the future.

Wonderful, fun, clean, fab food - kids loved it and had a lot of freedom to roam.

Enjoy your holiday - we certainly did.

Room Tip: We all had good accommodation but the main hotel is further away from the disco, if you don't mind paying a bit extra you can have a quieter room and a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just got back and would not rate this a 5 star hotel, mainly due to the limited variety of food and rude bar staff and majority of Russian guests who think they own the place. However the place is so vast there was never a problem getting a sunbed and we hired a pavilion with butler service a couple of days which was great. Aquapark is in the children's club which put us off as there were loads of young kids running around. With our package with First Choice we were entitled to a visit to the a la carte restaurant, but on checking out they wanted us to pay for the meal and claim back from First Choice. Our rep had signed a form to say they would pay for it so we stood our ground and refused to pay. Took over half an hour but they eventually found the receipt and accepted it grudgingly.

Room Tip: We were in the main hotel overlooking the gardens so was quiet.
1  Thank polo0408
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

I chose this hotel because I was taking my 10 year old son away on my own and I wanted somewhere that he wouldn't be bored and there would be plenty for him to do. The Pine Beach covered this in spades.

The water park on site is great, there are bars and restaurants all over the complex. The all inclusive just seems to run all day and night. No cut off at 11pm like other hotels I've stayed in. The beer isn't watered down.

Our room was large and kept very clean. The minibar was restocked every day as part of the AI package.

The food in the restaurant was plentiful and there was lots of choice, although my son sometimes struggled to find something he liked. Although other restaurants on site had kids buffets so we were sorted.

Bad points

I did find the service from the bar staff and waiting staff occasionally shocking. Mainly because it was so busy they just couldn't cope! Or they couldn't understand English.

This hotel is occupied by about 95% Russians! But that didn't bother us.

The beach is pebbley and although the water is very warm it wasn't very clear so my snorkelling gear ended up back in my suitcase.

Apart from that we loved it. The weather was fantastic and we would definitely go again

2  Thank Yickerman