“Excellent although a couple of negatives” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Maritim Pine Beach Resort
Ranked #44 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent although a couple of negatives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

Ignore the negative reviews, people obviously just want far too much!

I went for a week, just got back a couple of days ago. Went with my parents and my sister, with me sharing a room with my sister in a king sized bed, unfortunate as she stole the cover most nights.

I was in the club part of the hotel, which was OK but the views aren't very good, just had a view of a tree and opposite apartments. Rooms got quite hot, you could use the air-con but that was rubbish in most rooms I heard, even in the hotel part.

The grounds in my opinion were fantastic! Plenty of room, never a worry for sunbeds, only problem is rude Germans and Russians pushing in the queue for drink and food by the pools.

The pools were freezing, which was great when hot but when not so, you were only comfortable when you got numb!

Food was great, plenty of choice although was slightly cool if it had been sat there for a while but the chefs do their best to keep filling the trays up. There were two restaurants, the best one being in the hotel part of the resort, very posh.

Waiters are great, always serving you, and if you sit in the same place you will get the same waiter most times and will remember what you want to drink, so there will be no need to keep asking as they will bring them straight out, keeping an eye on how full your drink is.

The beach was great, you could take a walk along either way and see all the other lovely hotels.

There are lots of bars, could do a little pub crawl every night. The entertainers(which we believed we drug dealers based on them passing it around quite freely, we believe they are getting new ones in though due to this) did their best to talk to families with kids or groups of girls. Its a quiet hotel, out of the way a bit but very relaxing, my most relaxing yet.

I never let the negatives, and they weren't major, get me down, it was a brilliant holiday. Great views from upstairs in the food courts and with Ice Cream being served at 3, and then Doughnuts and Pancakes served at 4, brilliant, and it was always a lovely cold pint!

May I recommend the Alicart restaurant in the hotel, its free!! Well, as long as you don't get the fish! If hungry at night you can pig out as the food opens at 11:30 for an hour.

The Spa's are brilliant, fully recommend going in there as well.

Overall, a brilliant holiday, as I said above, ignore the negative reviews, people obviously expect far too much, you will enjoy it if you let yourself! If the pools aren't for you, the beach is there or there are plenty of gardens you can go in. Don't let yourself or your kids touch the cats around there though, many families letting their kids do so, full of flees probably!

If you are in two minds about going, don't be, go!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TomandCara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

Readers of my columns will know I am a regular traveller and therefore can give a pretty good assessment of each hotel I visit .

This is essentially a very good hotel with ample spaces all day for all guests to relax , move around and generally enjoy themselves.

The hotel is large and spreads along a wide stretch of nice sandy beach; there are endless lines of beach loungers and shades for guests.

3 large swimming pools are well lanscaped into the gardens between the beach and the hotel; a further pool is available further away from the beach front , in the area of the garden bungalows .

For families and those who are young at heart , there is a large Aqua Park pool at the end of the bungalow gardens. This pool is a mecca for families and it has a variety of chutes , slides and water tunnels. This Aqua Park also has special family lunches at midday which are very popular .Ice creams and soft drinks are on the go here all day long ( everything in this hotel is included in the All Inclusive package )

As a result of the pools and the grounds being so spread out , it is quite possible to have a really relaxing holiday here without joining in all the sports and animations; these are available all day if one wishes.

I personally joined in the Water Polo with the Russian guests and had many amazing games..........they play as if it were the finals in Moscow between Russia and the Ukraine ! I also enjoyed the Beach Volley ball , again with the Russian guests who play a fast and very exciting game ...........again as if it were a Championship match !

This hotel has large modern bedrooms with sea view , side sea view and garden views . It also has very pleasant modern bungalows spread out through the acres of tropical gardens.

Alcoholics are well catered for as this hotel has bars everywhere ; the only drunken behaviour was from a small English group who left shortly after my arrival.........PHEW ! Most guests are Russian and Ukrainian and all were impeccably behaved at all times.

Now I come to the bad points ...........and they are very bad !

This hotel has a Head Waiter who followed myself and my fiance as we left the Restaurant on our second night . He went down a staircase in front of my fiance and as she turned a corner , he proceeded to open his flies on his trousers and masturbated a short distance away . I followed behind and could not believe my eyes . My fiance pulled my arm and told me to leave this area quickly ; she was fearful that I might have attacked this man.

The following night , as we left the restaurant , the same Head Waiter followed us , ran past us to his little regular corner and proceeded to do the same disgusting actions as the previous night . My fiance was now in a state of shock and total panic as she was terrified of what I would do to this man.

The next day I reported this matter to the Guest Relations who in turn , passed me on to the Hotel General Manager .

My fiance had already told me that this would all be a total waste of time as this behaviour is quite common in Turkey by hotel staff; she also said that the hotel management would do nothing at all.

How right she was !

That evening I accompanied the General Manager to the East Restaurant ( we had eaten in the West restaurant ) and immediately showed him the Waiter.I was furious but the General Manager said he would handle the matter and would obviously dismiss this man.

The next evening I could not believe my eyes when I saw the Head Waiter still on duty; I went immediately to the General Manager`s office and after a short period he arrived . He told me that this Head Waiter had not been on duty for the 2 nights in question and that under these circumstances , he was unable to proceed further

He did confirm however , that the Head Waiter was under instructions to stay in the East Restaurant and not to enter the West Restaurant under any circumstances !

My fiance pleaded with me to try to forget the whole situation and to try to continue and enjoy our holiday together ; this we did and made a real effort to join in and enjoy the holiday.

So, would I recommend this hotel.........yes I would , as for families it offers a really brilliant family holiday ; however , to all future guests , I can only recommend that you eat early , leave the restaurants early and "beware of the pervert Head Waiter "

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank robert f
Surrey, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

This was a lovely hotel with fantastic accomodation for the money we paid. Unfortunately our stay was spoiled due to the large amount of Russian guests who are the most ignorant and rude people i've ever had the misfortune of coming across. Staff were nice when they realised we were not as rude and the food was very good. Excellent golf courses nearby. Wonderful Turkish bath and spa for reasonable prices onsite. Town was pleasant enough but quite expensive for Turkey. Extremely hot in August (as expected) and only one airconditioned bar in the evening. Would like to try the hotel when the weather was more bearable if the Russians had gone too!

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank terryi33
Essex England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

Have just returned from a week at this hotel. The hotel is very clean, spacious and the staff are very friendly. The food is always fresh and there was always something for everyone. There are enough reviews that say how wonderful the place is so I will concentrate on some useful tips. There is no need to fill your suitcase with towels as they provide pool towels which you can change everyday and take to the beach if you want. You don't have to take shower gel or soap as this is also provided and its quality stuff not budget brand, for those of you who worry about such things as hair-dryers don't because they are also provided so even more case space saved. If there was one thing I would change at this hotel it would be the evening entertainment, its dire. It consists of a group of dancers dancing and miming every night, its repetitive and not even very good, thankfully it only lasts for thirty mins,They do not advertise other events such as the pool and beach party's so unless you suffer the show you do not get to know about these things.There is a bar which we were told by the rep was called the Piano Bar,, Don't be fooled because its got a piano in it because we were told by the barman that the piano has never been played and the bar was in fact called Nicks Bar. If all you want to do is chill in the sun , eat good food and drink plenty then I can recommend this hotel. But if you want entertainment in the evening you will be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank blue132
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

have read a lot of the earlier hotels, i was actually dreading going on holiday this year, but boy was i surprised!!!!!!!, we arrived at about 1 in the morning to enter the most amazing looking reception area. None on the photos that i ahve scene do this place justice. The staff were extreemly helpful, and we were settled into out rooms very quickly. We got up early the next morning expecting to have to fight for sunloungers as we were there in the middle of August, but was very surprised that no one was about, infact when we went down between 8.00 and 8.30 for the rest of the holiday we never had any problems getting 5 sunlongers together. The hotel site is huge, and immaculate, all day everyday there were staff cleaning and gardening and always with a freindly smile on there faces. The food was execellent, and so much choice, we usually went down for our evening meal about 8ish and never had a problem getting a table, the food was always hot and fresh. Loads of bars, about 5 pools, one with waterslides, the beach was really clean, and you could always get a sunbed down there no matter what time of day. The entertainment was quiet good, most nights were dance show put on by either the animation team or an outside act, and there was always something going on during the day for the more energitic of you. Alot of review have mention that there were a lot of russians and that they were very rude, yes i agree that there were a lot, but i never fund them to be particularly rude, smile at them and they usually return the smile :-)
All of the staff could speak fairly good english and also we found that there were quiet a lot of english guests staying at the same tme that we were.

Belek was fairly quiet, the easiest way was to get the tractor, and if you were prepared to haggle there were some good bargins to be had.

If i had to recomend that you did one trip whilst you were there it would be the white water rafting, i am a very poor swimmer and was not looking forward to going, but we took two 16 year old lads with us and they wanted to go, i absolutley loved it, the water was freezing, but that added to part of the fun, especially went we were splasing the other boats.

I would definately recomend ths hotel to anyone, the only complaint i had was having to come home.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank AlisonMoore
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

Just really wanted to share with the masses possibly the worst holiday experiance that I have had for many a year.

I say this due to the low quality accomodation, food, entertainment, quality of the equipment and general facilities.

The only positive that I took from the holiday was the sun, it was totally amazing but alas the hotel was not responsible for the quality of the weather. Luckily.

I will walk you through my eleven days of pain, focusing on each of the above to let you make your own mind up.

I will be honest, I normally book only 5 star hotels, with me going to the Iberostar Bellis the year previous in the same part of Turkey, a holiday I have fond memories of and somewhere i would totally recommend. Pine Beach Club is rated in most tour operators brochures as either 4 plus or even 5 star so we decided to try somewhere new to get an extra day or two in the sun. Fatal mistake. The difference in quality was massive but the difference in price not so. I Felt ripped off.

I have since discovered that star ratings effectively mean nothing, something that has come as a shock. Its more to do with the facilities they offer and not the quality of the facilities. A good layman's description can be found:

But I digress. Lets begin;

ACCOMODATION 3/10
Our first night was spent in a small room which smelt foisty and was very dusty. There was a cotton sheet on the bed which had a small rip in it and two large white 'tea towel' type sheets on top. Two singles on a double bed. The balcony had a black iron enclosure/ fence which was rusting in parts and two plastic chairs and a plasic table. All were covered in dust. the chrome airer outside was filthy and the light was coming off the wall. My partner is disabled and the adapted room was not fit for purpose, as soon as you showered the entire floor became flooded and became very slippery. We used the towels to mop up the water. It did make the floor look a bit better and more hospitable but surely the floor is meant to look clean in the first place?! On day two she fell and bruised herself. I complained to the rep and we did get moved to a nicer room. Room two was more of a Premier Inn standard, for those who live in the uk. It was clean and had a lot more light entering it. Acceptable but nothing to write home about. Also please note the sheets get changed every other night and they hide the duvets in the cupboards. Also no kettles allowed.

FOOD 1/10
I have a cast iron stomach so I can eat pretty much anything. I needed diarrhea tablets on day two but was fine there after. My better half not so. From day one she complained of feeling ill. Descibing the feeling as "period cramps". All the women my partner chatted to expressed the same. The food is NEVER hot, more luke warm and as previously mentioned by others is extremely repeatative. She basically lived on a diet of cold chips and cold rice with what ever luke warm meat was appealing to her on that day. I tried to look at the positives on days 1 to 3, trying to suggest if she really wanted to eat hot food in such heat, but after 2 to 3 days of poor diet I decided it best to keep very, very quiet on the topic. Also enter "Finger Chef". On day 6 or 7 we noticed one of the chefs walking along all of the latrines across the restaurant helping himself with his fingers to each of the customers foods without washing his hands afterwards. I repeatidly asked if there was a microwave but the staff seem so dis-interested it was like being in prison. On the last two days I found one in the kids area. GOLD DUST. Its normally guarded by about three staff so be very cautious about your plan of attack. And if you do go, the toastie maker in the pine beach club restaurant does not work properly and is covered in rust on the sides. So if your lacking iron in your diet from the amount of cold chips your eating you could try putting some bread in it and waiting 30 minutes to see if anything happens.

ENTERTAINMENT 2/10
Enter the animation team. The shows are totally geared towards the Russians, an A level in German can also come in handy. The shows are more entertaining by actually seeing how facinated the Russians are by the sub-standard entertainment and you will need one or two of the house cocktails to lubricate your ability to see the funny side of it all. Bear in mind your witnessing this after your luke warm evening meal. The house cocktails are strong, the woo-doo and the whisper's are probably the best. Imported spirits are available but at a ridiculous premium of 10 euros a shot. Yes a shot. Also we got insulted by their top man over the microphone on day 9, accusing us, specifically mentioning we were English, of cheating during a show. It really felt like we were being used as prop's for the general amusement of the Russians. This particuarly upset the female contingent amoungst us. I brought this to the attention of the rep the day after. There is a disco afterwards but this again is geared towards the Russians and also allows the animation team to try and giggle a lot around the young girls. In fact thats all they seem to do. Day or night. The same applies for the photographers who do like the "hands on" approach to taking "sexy photos" of young women on site. There is also archery and other things to do but if your not Russian expect to be treat like a second class citizen.

QUALITY OF THE EQUIPMENT & GENERAL FACILITIES 4/10
The Maratim Pine Beach Resort and the Pine Beach Club are effectively two seperate hotels that have joined forces to create a massive complex. Thats the problem, its simply too big to maintain to a high standard. As a result a lot of the estate has fallen in to a general state of dis-repair. Rust has formed in a lot of places, not only the toastie maker as previously mentioned but on things like pool stairs and air conditioning condensing units. If you look at the pizza maker it looks like its been round the block a few times and the more you look around the more you see things wrong with the place. It was starting to drive me nuts till I decided that it would be better to focus on how many hours I had left before I manged to leave this "Butlins on Steroids". The gym is OK, with modern equipment, some lifefitness kitm but it is not air conditioned and in this heat you will loose fluids quickly. The water in there is not cold. I recommend taking a big bottle in from breakfast. I drank 1.5 litres but still managed to loose 1kg in body weight from the beginnig of my 1 hour session to the end so be warned. Also there is a lot of grass begining to over grow in places like the cobled pathways and some of the paths are broken, if you do go, please check out the hammocks in the botanic club as a perfect example of this.

If you can get this holiday cheap, like stong drinks for free, don't mind sleeping in mediocre accomodation and are OK eating luke warm "international" repeatative food then this Butlin-esque resort is for you.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MotionUK
west lothian
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Arrived at Pine Beach was a bit apprehensive first night but once we found our way around it was great. Staff very good especially Ahmet at the Bottanic Bar, So much going on at the pool and animation staff were great. Good animation shows at night. One of the biggest resorts in Belek and I tell you the staff kept it going well. Lots of choices to eat. Plenty beds round all the pools and we found everything to be very clean. If you have booked into the Pine beach club do not expect a sea view or pool view as the apartments are set in gardens. If you want a pool view or beach view ask if you can get into the annex part. Relax and have a Turkish bath and massage well recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple