“Excellent!”

Papillon Zeugma Relaxury
Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I and my 5-year old daughter stayed in the hotel for 10 days in May. I have been in 5 different 5-star hotels in Antalya region, and this was the best experience.

The most positive impression is on employees working for the hotel – animation team, mini-club, waiters and bartenders.

I have never seen kids-club personnel of taking care of children so much. They really play with kids, listen to them, and are very friendly and caring. And also fun. I saw the situation how kids had some kind of sport activity in kids-pool, and after competition ended, teachers said to kids – now you can splash us with water. Kids were so excited about doing it :)! After that my daughter told me, that it was the funniest thing to do :) Or for example, after playing mini-golf, teachers said – and now everyone lets run for the ice-cream! So everyone got the ice-cream and was really happy. So probably the point is, that teachers play with kids the way kids like to play, kids-way, not parent-child way.

The other team I would like to mention is animation team. I have never participated in sport or pool activities in Turkey hotels. But this time i was jumping on surf-board in the pool, diving for spoons, doing water gym, playing darts and dancing hotel club dance! I even learned how to dance Soku-Baci-Vira :) I would like to mention Yelena, Sasha and Lena – thank you for caring and friendly attention. My daughter was actually crying for 2 days after returning home, that she miss Yelena so much!

Other good things:
• Food: Grilled fish in dinner, Good quality juices, Good selection of ice-cream, Good Turkish coffee and tea
• Wi-Fi: available everywhere in the hotel and at pool and beach (this is actually very non-typical to Turkey)
• Very clean public areas: bathrooms at the pool/beach were very clean, pool/beach area was also cleaned every hour (cleaned, washed, garbage taken away)
• Bathrooms were usable by children. I mean under this, that kids can reach for open/close the water tap, paper towels and soap. In number of hotels you should be at least 130sm tall to do that :(
• Mini-club was opened 1000-1730 and 2030-2300. It is the longest opening time I have seen.
• At the pool side there is a lot of big trees, which give nice natural shade
• There is no loud music at the pool side. For one day they were playing really nice ballades all day long, and it was really cool feeling
• Evening entertainment: every evening there were really high-quality shows – circus, dance, modern dance, acrobats. The only show that was not on the top level was Turkish Dance show. But it is my personal opinion, as most of the public liked it.
• Rooms were big and filled with light.

Things that can be improved:
• In our room (2302) air-conditioning was not working. I was telling this for 4 times to the reception and 2 times to guest relations, but it was not fixed. We slept with windows opened, but disco-music from the neighbor hotel was very loud. I have to mentioned, that our friends did not have this problem with air-conditioner in the other room, so probably it was only one room problem.
• Coffee quality in the main restaurant
• There could be more shelves in the wardrobe

I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Do not take room 2302
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We just came from our holiday, 7 days. The hotel is just great. All people there work very hard and are trying to help. If there are some negatives, that would be the customers - not the hotel or the stuff. The beach is also very nice, clean. I would definetely recommend this hotel to my friends, and will go back there. Pappy club for kids (we do not use it as our boy was just 2) but in 2 years time we are definetely going to as the people there seems to be fantastic with children (wish to have them in our kinder school). Go there and you will really enjoy, back to your country you will just "remmeber with tears";o).

Room Tip: For the quiet room ask for the view of the to pool and garden inside of the hotel..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann15Prague
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I like this Hotel so every 2 years I came here Papillon Zeugma very beautiful place in Turkey
And Shows Very beautiful Yelena Lena Nuri Kadir and Kseniya very helpful and very kindness.
My opnion is who came here the next year will coming this Hotel
The Restaurant is very delicious The Chefs are very good on food :)
And you like this Place Turkey is beautiful you travel the belek so I enjoy and who will come here He / She enjoy this Hotel :))

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Muhammed Demir ( Mami )
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I had a really good time at this hotel, the bar personal, the animation team and every crew in the hotel was speaking english, german (not perfect but they could make theirselfs understandable)

I was there for 7 days and i had a really good time, my family also loved the hotel.

No complains about anything in the whole hotel

Rooms, pools, restaurants, beach, lobby it was all at least 5 stars!

Room Tip: I dont think it does make any change in general, the disco and everything are far away enough so you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Just returned to the hotel after staying here last year. This time the party size was 11! The hotel is just as good as last year BUT the cleaning service lets them down, from scoring 5 across the board. The tea and coffee making facilities were not up to last years standard. Our tea and coffee were not filled up each day and 1 day they left us with nothing. I was hoping that the beds might help my back but regretfully they are quite hard making not so comfortable to sleep. Having said all that if we come back again next year then we are likely to stay in this hotel again. You cannot fault the food or the drinks.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank malcolm56_12
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, good service, good food with excellent variety.

Comments made by some about 'needing a refurb' are OTT. Okay the decor is 'of a period' but there is nothing shabby about it, everything is well maintained and extremely clean.

Staff are obviously worked very hard but always manage to be polite and attentive.

Beach area is great, plenty of loungers, designed for a choice of shade and sun.

Clientelle predominantly Russian/ German/ East European as others have commented.

Entertainment quite outstanding on some nights.

Generally gives the impression of being a well managed hotel. For example one of the staff approached us when we had been there a couple of days just to ask if we had any complaints or if there's anything the hotel could do to improve, and she seemed to be really listening.

We did not travel with children, but the kids' facilities look good.

We have stayed previously in the area twice at the Baia Lara, Lara Beach. The Baia is definitely more modern and 'hip', other things are pretty similar, e.g. food quality and comfort, except the Bahia is currently about three times the price!

All in all, very good value for a relaxing sunshine break.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank b00thenend
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We never before stayed in a Hotel with an All Inclusive formula. Papillon Zeugma is a nice hotel to stay with, especially, younger children. The hotels has some pro's and con's:

Pro:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are good
- On average good service
- Some evenings great shows
- Friendly entertainment tea
- Nice swimming pool
- Ice cream & other snacks available through the day

Con:
- The sewerage is outdated and left a terrible smell in our room
- Beds and cushions need improvement
- The whole complex is outdated and definitely needs renovation

There are indeed a lot of Russian and Ukrainian guests but to be honest on average they are very polite and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank caroHolland