“A real gem of a place”

Papillon Zeugma Relaxury
Ranked #6 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This was my first experience of all inclusive as I had previously thought that it would be a tacky option, too full of families and too loud. I couldn't have been more wrong. This hotel was absolutely wonderful. The reception and mosaics are beautiful. The terraces are lovely. I have been all over the world and stayed in the best hotels and can really say that many of the 5 star hotels in Antalya are just outstanding, great value and well worth a visit. The Zeugma is just the right size, not too big like the Rixos next door and not too small. The food at the Zeugma, the entertainment, the friendly service, everything was great. They even have a tennis pro on hand to give free lessons. A few of the previous reviews have detailed all of these so I don't need to repeat that but my kids 4 and 9 had a wonderful time. The kids club was just great and offered boat rides and horse riding plus a kids evening disco every day. My daughter was so happy to spend time there and give us a break. The sea views are stunning and there is always enough to do. The guest relations people were attentive and really wanted to please their guests. Many thanks to the GR manager who really helped us out in changing our flights when we were stuck. He was incredibly kind and persistent in achieving a result for us and not just giving up.
My husband who is very fussy loved this place. The hotel is linked to the Montgomerie golf club so you get a free shuttle service. Gloria Golf is also just across the road.
The only negative I have is not to do with the hotel but tours to Antalya. They spend half the day taking you to Jewelry and Leather places that you don't want to see so that there is not enough time in the town. Best to pre agree with your group to cut these stops short or out altogether so that you get most out of the day.
We would definitely go back.
Zeugma is a real hidden gem.
Cant understand the negative review. Are these people on the same planet? Sounds unbelievable and does not give a true picture at all!
Definitely try this place..

2  Thank ratdancer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed 15 June 2010

I have just returned from a two week trip from the papillon zeugma with my wife and my son aged 9.I was a little hesitant on going to turkey, this was my first visit as i normally take my family to the canary island 5 star hotels(for the past 10 years),so for a change and the weak sterling/euro persuaded me for a change.This was also my first all inclusive holiday.This hotel blows all the 5 star hotels in the canary islands out of the water,the hotel and grounds are absolutely stunning.The hotel have a specific professional customer relations team who all speak english ,german ,russian and turkish.The food here is the best i have encounted the buffet restaurant is good ,but can get a little busy on a evening ,so we ate in the amazing alacarte restaurants most nights, these are all free just a phone call each morning between 10am and 12pm choose your alacarte restaurant we tried them all twice ,the mexican,chinese and the green bar reataurants are the best,where you will recieve a freshly cooked 4 coarse meal of your choice and any drinks you wish to have.The staff are the friendliest i have ever encounted and you dont have to tip them as the prevous reveviewer stated.The animation team are also excellent with activities from 10am to 5pm every day shooting,darts ,bowls,pool games to name but a few,you are not pestered to take part ,just asked,the animation team put on evening shows on a evening which most shows are very good ,the dance shows are the best..Again cant understand the previous reviewer as i have just been there at the same time so please ignore them,the food,accomodation and staff are excellent.The other nice touch is no all inclusive wrist bands ,you are never asked for id,only if you leave the hotel and want to come back in ,then just show them your room card.Also really liked the pools there is a large lively pool with water slides which is excellent for kids and big kids,and if you want to chill out there is a vey quiet pool around the back of the hotel which is excellent too,i liked the fact my son is allowed balls and toys in the pool ,this is not allowed at 5 star canary island hotels.The drinks from the bar are very good the zeugma bar is the best and does amazing cocktails ,try the mint mohito`s.the cafe wein is also good for afternoon tea and coffee and cakes and sandwiches.There is also a pool room and a bowling alley in the hotel basement,the spa is excellent,turkish baths and sauna all free.I also had a look in the other the other two papillon hotels in belek,the aiesha and the belvil as you are allowed to use their facillities as a papillon guest,these are larger than the zeugma ,but not as good as the zeugma.Overall we didnt spend a penny at the hotel in two weeks which left all the spending money to be spent on ourselves in the shops in belek.Also thought i would mension it was my sons birthday while we were there and we ate in the chinese alacarte that evening,the staff made a happy birthday message out of flower petals and made a huge birthday cake with nine candles on, the whole restaurant sang to him,made his day!I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone,as some reviewers have said previously ,there are a lot of russian guests at this hotel,which are the new germans ,but this does not detract from a wonderful hotel the papillon zeuga is and i will no longer be going to the canary islands for my hols and i am definately returning next year,i spoke to several english families there all had been more than once,one family had returned to this hotel seven times,that speaks for itself,so ignore the negatives as i cant find any and book yourself a wonderfull holiday .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank palmfitter
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I have just read the review from the last person and i'm wondering if they have gone to the right place.This hotel is great you have more than 25 plus entertainment staff going around the hotel from 10am til 12am. You have aqua gym in the pool, adults and childrens football games, beach vollyball ,bowls, large darts games, small dart games, riffle shooting, pool games,table tennis,pool,indoor tenpin bowling,a childrens play park ,tennis courts and many more.The nightly show were The Lion King, Mr Zeugma, Stars in their eyes, Harlem and once again many more.
The chinese had roast duck and it was lovely, the bar staff was so friendly.If you wanted a cocktail the man to see was Gokhan at the lagoon bar they were the best.
The sunbed man Ismail always man sure we had beds and an unbrella for the children.
The food was on tap 24 hrs a day you had the choice of 4 resturants for lunch and 6 for dinner.Ice cream for everyone at 14.00 and then at 16.00 doughnut and waffles.
PLEASE GO AND CHECK OUT THIS HOTEL FOR YOURSELF AND DON'T TAKE MUCH NOTICE OF THE 1 BAD REVIEW.
I will be going back next year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank unluckyboy
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Hotel staff very friendly and attentive from the moment of check in. The hotel and grounds are kept extremely clean.
However, one very small (and I stress "small") point is that a minority of staff are too keen on clearing tables, but not as keen to fill them!
It was a large room with a double and a single bed. The bathroom contained a big corner bath, with shower, and a step provided to aid getting in and out.
Food very good and plenty of choice with the many restaurants on offer. We tried one a la carte, the Olive Garden, which was lovely.
A fantastic entertainment programme - something for everyone - from the animation team to professional entertainers.
The staff work really hard to make your holiday an enjoyable one and, from speaking to other guests, the hotel have got it more or less right as many guests return time after time.
Overall an excellent hotel and I would not hesitate in returning.

2  Thank WellHealedTraveller
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We are at the Papillon Zeugma as I am writing this and having the time of our lives. My wife and I are enjoying every moment and our kids (daughter 10 and son 7) keep telling us how much they love it here. We are well travelled and have stayed in some premium places and I cannot fault it here. Some people will write negative things but please ignore them as I can not understand why. If you are reading the reviews because you are thinking of booking do it - I am jealous of you if you do as you have so much to look forward to. Great food, great views, great fun - thank you Papillon Zeugma!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2010

Just got back from our stay at Papillon Zeugma just outside Belek. The thing that catches your eye as you arrive is the cleanliness and 5* feel about the Hotel Lobby. After a quick sign in we were offered a drink from the bar to welcome me, my wife and our two friends to Zeugma. We sat in the lobby lounge area and just soaked up the size and beauty of the hotel. As we stood up and made our way to the lifts, a very nice gentleman swiftly moved our luggage to an alternative lift and met us outside our room. The room was very nicely kept and offerred a bathroom with double bath a sink and toilet. The main room had a large viewing window and a small balcony. A large double bed and a single bed also. The pool area is one of the nicest I have been to and it makes you feel really comfortable and relaxed. There are bar staff continuously bringing drinks to you as and when you require. Two pool slides add to the excitement of the pool experience and gave me lots of fun during our week. The options of joining in with the annimation team were also good. We were not pestered at all and just asked if we would like to participate in any of the games.Football, darts, rifle shooting, Crazy pool games, shffleboard (i think) were just some of the games on offer. You could also get involved with the Palates if you feel energetic. Aysha kept walking around the pool area with different drinks on offer and she was definately one of our favourites. The food was really good with plenty of choice, hot, cold even a bbq option. We went to the Oriental restaurant one night, loved it and the Olive Garden restaurant another night and that too was enjoyable with plenty of choice for all 4 of us to choose from. The Green bar is lovely in the daytime and the service at any restaurant was perfect. Charming, polite and funny waiters/waitresses made your eating experience and enjoyable one. The eveings entertainment was second to none. The animation team were the best I have ever seen, so much so that on our first night I thought the dancers were professionals only to be told that it was the annimation team that were entertaining us. When the entertainment in the outside Ampitheatre finished the team would then make their way over to the Loby Bar to carry on making sure those who wanted to carry on dancing would always have someone available to join in with them. We mainly ate outside on the veranda with live music creating that special ambiance. The gardens all lit up adding to the Turkish holiday feel to the night. Coffe and Tea were certainly an improvement on previous visits to Turkey and we couldn't fault them at all. The food and coffees served in the Cafe Wien bar were fantastic and special thanks to the young lady who served us in there each afternoon. It was also handy having free wifi to keep in contact with home, even using skype video was a plus. If you use the hotel internet it will cost you 3Euros for 1/2 hour. The whole stay was great and we all enjoyed it very much. The beach was clean and had plenty of sun beds with shades on offer and were never full. They even had a bell on each parasol for you to ring for service whilst sun bathing on the beach!
There isn't much around the area so a good Hotel is a must and thats what you get here. If you play golf then you will be in golfers heaven which for us was great because all the golfers were out all day and left usto enjoy the hotel with plenty of room!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P5ety
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Just got back from a 7 night trip with a large golfing group. Have stayed at the Papillion Zuegma the last three years but this one will be my last. Each year the hotel is cutting back to the point that it now is no more than a three star AT BEST. The bedrooms are worn and stained carpets. The quality of the food is pathetic. The Ala carte is virtually non existent. The staff are are excellent. The entertainment is at times is lacking in a professional touch. The drinks are now vitually all non branded local. Having stayed also at other hotels like the Cornelia Diamond, The Sirene, The Cornelia De Luxe the Papillion Zuegma is looking like a candiate for closure

• Stayed: May 2010