“the new best in Belek”

Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we stayed here end of may and came back one week in july and I couldn't refrain from booking another week from august30th because it's really perfect for us.
The architecture and space outside is very luxurious and the staff really does its best to make you feel at home. The waiters at the main restaurant know your drink choices after a day or two and try to find a table that suits you. The beach boy sees you are waiting for a spot in the shade on the pier and sorts one out as soon as he can if it's busy. The overall feeling is not overcrowded but nicely busy.
The rooms are perfect and I liked even the rooms to the land side as they look out nicely to the golf the sea view is better to see the activity around .
I never stayed in the golf villas but I suppose it's even better, maybe next time.
My husband took some golf lessons that were in the free activity program and our daughter hopes the adventure park will be ready next time.
We liked Maxx Royal which we can't really fault either but we definitely prefer this hotel because of the larger premises that give a really luxurious holiday feeling and we hope they will keep the effort up and the prices correct, looking forward to our next stay, thanks for this experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 4Milla
Regnum C, Manager at Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear 4Milla,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our facilities and particularly found our rooms "perfect." We are so grateful to be a part of your holiday experience and are especially excited to welcome you back so soon!

There are newer reviews for Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I have just returned from a week's break and cannot praise this place enough.
It was absolutely perfect in every way.
The staff were amazing from Yusuf at the main desk to Ugur at one of the many lunchtime venues.
Sorry I couldn't remember all of their names but they were all so friendly, especially with the kids.

The quality of everything was absolutely 10 out of 10.
Even free Wifi on the beach!

I know it isn't the cheapest resort in the area but having been to others, it is well worth paying the money.

We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank DJSKHH4270
Regnum C, Manager at Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear DJSKHH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you and your family liked all the facilities and service at the hotel. I'm also happy to read your comments about our staff which I will happily pass on to the team. Please do come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here with my hubby and 6 years old son for 2 weeks from end of July. As a newly opened hotel we found it well established considering service quality and maintenance. They try their best to keep the guests happy which is one of the main things for us in a hotel. Whenever we complained about something they were always great taking into consideration and making it better.
The room was very spacious and modern which we really loved. The hotel grounds are nice but need more jobs doing more plants, trees, flowers, gardening etc. It especially look very plain and dull in certain areas.

The food was quiet a disappointment. The open buffet is average and when it is busy it is not pleasant at all. The snack bars and restaurants are really not up to a standard of a hotel like this. They are below average with food and service. Ala carte restaurants are mediocre. The food is good but very limited menu.

The entertainment was great as they had different shows and parties each night, however, most of the parties are not suitable for families with young children.

The Spa is quite small and limited menu.

The hotel have 2 main pools, one is for families one for adults. For this size of a hotel it is not enough at all. We stayed in Gural Premier Tekirova last year and the pools were amazing there as they had one in front of every hotel villa and room.

The waterslides and children section; very colourless...Needs more effort and welcoming.

As we have a 6 years old son we also spent time in the Kid's Club. They have different activities each day which is nice if your child is fluent in Russian! I guess children always get by. They did not have a restaurant in the kid's club which I really liked as I hate the continuous food smell in a playing area like this.
Overall, it is a good quality and elegant place which I definitely recommend it but needs still lots of work.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Arzu
Regnum C, Manager at Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Arzu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of the food and other aspects of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, which we will certainly use as we continue to better our guest experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Regnum hotel is the bes hotel its big and lovely. The rooms are amazing and big this hotel is very luxurious and amazing. The lobby was very nice and the food was amazing but one thing that they dont give u a buggy to drive i asked if i can rent they said no in other hotels u can thats what i didnt like but everything else is amazing i would defiantly visit this hotel again

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank amid f

Dear amid f,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel, it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I'm pleased to let you know that we have recently introduced the option to rent a buggy so we hope to welcome you back soon with the opportunity to drive one of our buggies. Thank you again for the taking time to share your experience.

On behalf of: Hakan Duran, General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hubby and I booked a 10 night stay from June 5th through Monarch holidays we had a good flight we choose the extra leg room seats and a shuttle transfer with just us and another couple so we had a speedy transfer and arrived in time to check in, enjoy 2 glasses of bubbly and be shown to our room by a warm and friendly staff, we were in the buffet restaurant by 9.10 not bad considering we landed at 7.30 great start.
The Regnum is on a huge plot of land and is every bit as stunning as the photos show, orchids everywhere and the design features are very impressive. The fountain show in the evening was brilliant .
Ok I will try and put some order into this review
Rooms
We had a standard golf view room the bed was very comfortable which is a must for me as I get a lot of back pain, good pillows with menu if you want something differant. Well set up for all your gadgets usb charging points and plug adapters in the room, tv in the mirror saves space. Our balcony only got very early sun but we prefere the lovely mountain views to the sea view, the aircon was one of the quietest we have had and worked well. The bathroom was large 2 sinks, large bath, seperate large shower and toilet separate glass door. There is a wide range of toiletries which most hotels now stock in rooms so no need to bring your own though my hubby has to use better razors than they provide. My sensitive skin did enjoy the Bvlgari shower gel and body lotion very nice and an expensive brand and replaced daily. You will need to bring hair conditioner none provided, The hairdryer was ok better than most hotel ones but I have long thick hair and always take my own.
Good tea and coffee set up mini bar good but would be nice to have mini bottles of wine (if they want to be as good as the Maxx and other top hotels), they included crisps, choc bar, nuts and a fruit bowl.
One slight negative is that they had too much furnture in the way when we went to the balcony the work desk was taking up too much space maybe a pull out one whould be better.
We were on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor no noise as the hotel had the good sense to carpet the corridors the room was kept very clean by our maid and well stocked up.

We went to the Italian one evening the food was very good but they were having a special evening which was like a buffet you helped yourself to what you wanted we expected and wanted to be served so it spoit it for us as it was noisy more of a family atmosphere which some may like but we were hoping for a more intimate meal. The food did taste great so we had some more wine which makes everything better. We would pick a normal evening next time.
Chinese was good and filling the service was excelent very friendly both of these restaurants over look the fountains which made a good backdrop when sat outside for the meals.
The main buffet had a good choice of food that was reasonably hot for buffet food and well cooked. They could do with more seating outside the last night we had to eat inside as there was nowhere left I hope they use the other side of the restaurant over looking the family pool for outdoor overspill as there is plenty of space to do so. The service was hit and miss one night exceptional but the young man was going on holiday for a week so we did,nt see him again, one night was terrible, a group of 4 men were very demanding and rude holding up large notes and constantly wanting drinks like every 5 mins, the waitor stopped in the middle of serving us and went to them I got up and helped myself in the end. We did complain and did not see it hapening again we would put it down to lack of training and the tips being too tempting.
The Gusto at lunch time had lovely food cooked to order very good steak, fish, burgers,pizza, pasta etc. A very nice patiserie beautifully decorated. We did,nt eat at the other places.
We were surprised that they didn't, have a 24 hour restaurant (if they want to be the top hotel).
Pools
We always stayed by the adult area on the double sunbeds with a thin mattress but lots of cushions we manage to get one every day even after 10.30. I really hate the hard sunbeds so many hotels now have I don,t understand why luxury hotels think you want to lay on a hard sunbed all day.
The pool service was brillant there were 2 main guys who were very friendly but professional and looked very smart nothing was too much trouble if they notice you were awake they would ask if you would like somthing or they would offer fruit, loved the frozen crushed kewi, cold flannel, sunglasses cleaning, but we were never disturbed if resting. We liked the beds that are in the shallow part of the 2 main pools nice for sunbathing. Really liked to swing seats around the pool areas very comfortable.
You are spoilt for choice if you like the waterslides, wave pools, rapids, we did,nt use these but they looked good and well manned for safety. There looked to be very good children facilities and plenty to do if you wanted.
Drinks
There were are large choice of imports, good wine, well made cocktails and a huge range of teas.
All served with nuts,chrisps,or little biscuits.
Red Bull and some normal bottled beers extra and some top line spirts and champagne.
They have a good amount of bars to drink from but hardly anybody drinking in them, but served by some great barman. The main bar was quite busy when the live music was on but no atmosphere when it finished we only had live music 3 times during our stay.
I did not like the seating at the amphitheatre just cushions on concrete so we left after 15 minuets, afterwards the nightclub area held some parties after the shows why when the weather is warm? You want to be outside not stuck inside, and the noise level was terrible louder than many clubs and I like loud music. We were very disappointed that no party was held outside even the pool bar had very quiet music that did, nt give a holiday feel, the grounds are beautiful the lights through the forest were very pretty it all felt beautiful but dead ,we were told it was a golfing hotel and they wanted a different feel to the hotel than others. 2 corporate events were held outside,then on the day we left we were told they would hold an outdoor party so we are pleased they recognised the need although too late for us.

The pier is very large the sun loungers hard but some nice seating around the bar we spent a nice evening with Genna and Gary from Scotland again only us and another small family there.
The white sand around the sun loungers on the beach looks lovely but we didn't spend much time on them hard beds again. Though there are pavilions I think they were 150e .
On the whole we were impressed with the Regnum it had only been open 8 weeks so we knew there might be a few things not quite right, hotels need time to see what guest want. The staff on the whole were excellent some from the Serenity and Maxx Royal they were well trained and seemed happy. Drinks and food very good, wi fi hit and miss so if they have now decided to give guests a better evening experience we would be very happy to go back next year and hope to give a big 5 rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank krazykaz
Regnum C, Manager at Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear krazykaz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. We very much value your feedback as it gives us a chance to evaluate guest's satisfaction, however we we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and would love the chance to welcome you back at Regnum Carya.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went for a week with our daughter of 8 years. First impression of the hotel was very good, it seamed very high tech and posh so to say. We booked it through the travel agent and were forced to take all-in package although we never do, but we we reassured that it'll be fantastic at this kind of hotel. We were very disappointed by the service. Once we were at the big family pool for 3 hours and nobody passed offering any drinks. At the beach is the same story: you have to jog to the bar to get a drink, they themselves never come to offer you refreshments. (I have health condition and can't walk a lot and long distances, neither I wanted to in that heat. The hotel is big, so it is a lot of effort).
The same situation with the towels. They make them available but you have to take and carry them yourself (not like in normal 5* hotels, where they help you to settle in and make sure that you have an umbrella above your head and everything you need. At so called Aqua park the bar was closed at least until 10.30 and there was no way to get any water. They also close the water slides between 12-14 o'clock. In general there is not enough waiters and they are not educated. Sometimes it was a struggle to get a fork at the breakfast.
Although they were obsessed with cleanliness, the way it was done was very improper: the minute we've opened the door of our room we faced the Cleanning trolly. And that was the whole day, everywhere you go they did it right " in your face", they would get into elevators with you and clean while you are there, in the lobby, by the pool while you are lounging. In the restaurant while everybody is eating. There are much more discreet ways of keeping the hotel clean, but they are not familiar with that.
Over all if you don't mind self service, queuing, feeling like you are a part of a Cleanning team, you might be able to enjoy the stay.

My daughter liked the stay, the shows in the evening and the parties, but for me and my husband it was not worth the money and not relaxing, if not to say exhausting.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Anna M
Regnum C, Manager at Regnum Carya Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ribasoma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We're very sad to hear of the problems you encountered during your stay. We only offer an all-inclusive concept therefore our guests are aware before they arrive that it can get busy in the main restaurant during peak times for breakfast, lunch and dinner, however we try our best to elevate the problems for our guests during rush hour periods.

With regards to beach towels, we recently reviewed this process and decided to introduce towel stands. All we ask is that our guests only take the amount of towels needed in order to be kind to the environment. With towels on each sun lounger it increases the amount of towels used as guests are more likely to take from other beds. Our new process allows for us to more environmental friendly.

In addition to your comments regarding cleanliness; it is a very important issue to us and as a big hotel with extensive grounds and a lot of guests, we do not want our guests to be exposed to dirt and germs, however I apologise if you found our cleaning intrusive.

On the whole we are sad to hear you did not enjoy your stay, every guest of ours is valuable to us and whilst we know we cannot please everyone, we sincerely hope you will take some comfort that the feedback you have given will be addressed in an effort to only improve our hotel further. We thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Regnum in May, shortly after the hotel opened.

Unfortunately, the hotel was not finished and due to building works we did not get to use some of the facilities, however, this did not detract from a wonderful stay. We have travelled extensively and have stayed in some beautiful luxury hotels all over the world but our experience here was very special.

We don’t want to re-iterate how beautiful the hotel is, its simply stunning so will keep our review about the people who make it happen.

The staff & service

The staff at this resort are all good and well trained, but there are a few people we wanted to name that we felt were outstanding.

I note a few reviewers have commented on Veysel, he usually waits on by the pool but we encountered him in other areas of the hotel. He never failed to greet us with a smile, anticipated our needs, extremely courteous and efficient - a true professional. I agree with a previous post, we also hope Veysel is rewarded for his work and moves into a management position where he can show others how it should be done.

Omar who worked in the nightclub and sometimes on the pool bar, lovely man, very efficient and friendly.

Jaffa the waiter in the Turkish restaurant, always a pleasure to see and we chose to dine in there several times during our stay just to have him look after us, which he did with perfection.

Ezgi and Anil the animation team and events co-ordination - genuine, enthusiastic, friendly and professional. We miss you all and cannot wait to return.

Tip: Please do eat in the Al a Carte restaurants, the Turkish and Italian are lovely.

Jacob & Amanda

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmandaJ722

Dear AmandaJ722,

Thanks so much for the lovely review! We appreciate your time taking to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear you loved your stay and are really glad to hear your kind words regarding the service of our staff - please be assured that I will be sharing your comments with our team members who are as delighted as me. We hope to welcome you back in the not so distance future!