“Papillon, not such an elusive Butterfly, just overlooked! but not for long.”

Papillon Ayscha Hotel
Ranked #16 of 88 Hotels in Belek
lancashire
“Papillon, not such an elusive Butterfly, just overlooked! but not for long.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

Let's start at the very beginning.
Flight Thomsons, oh yes, brilliant, and we will make sure that this is the airline we travel with from now on. After always being a devoted TC fan, we got this hotel thru First Choice, so straight away more luggage allowance 20kg as the norm. The plane, was spacious, and the food superior to TC, not michelin star, but for an in flight meal, it was better than most, so a big thumbs up.

Hotel.
You drive up this beautiful road, surrounded by mature, well tended gardens, bouganville, American fig, rose, lilies and of course jasmine, so not only are you greeted with sight but the smell from these flowers is wonderful.
A imperial fountain is there to greet you in all its glory alongside the bell boys who take your cases and show you the way into the reception area.
My first impression was, "Oh, so small" but after the effecient, fast and very courteous check in, you then realise what is so different about this hotel.

Yes the reception desk is smaller than most 5* hotels, but this hotel is about its guests, and the understated area is proof indeed of what is in store.
You are taken to your room in one of the 4 glass elevators, overlooking the indoor waterfall, falling onto the coloured stones and tropical plants below.
Our room was on the second floor, very quiet, overlooking the gardens and the sea, very tranquil.

Rooms.
Large, could probably do with a little up dating, but this is a minor thing. They are kept spotless, the mini bar is stocked everyday with beer, fanta, pepsi,orange,cartons of juice, and still and sparkling water. Safe is kept in large wardrobes, which have a lot of space, lots of hangers and shelves.
There are 2 queen size beds in the room, 2 easy chairs, coffee table, dressing table, boudoir chair, cabinet, 2 half mirrors and one full length, and plenty of cupboard space.
Bathroom has robes and slippers, decent enough toiletries, and a powerful hairdryer.
Our balcony had enough space for 4 chairs and a table, but there were rooms with smaller balconies, but all seemed well equipped.
The cherry on the cake though, was, wait for it.........................................TEA AND COFFEE FACILITIES IN ROOMS..................YEAH. At last, a hotel that thinks of everything, Kettle, a large bottle of water everyday for your brews, nescafe gold blend, liptons tea bags, coffee mate, white and brown sugar, all replaced everyday, AB FAB, top marks for this alone.

DINING AND FOOD

Never in my experience of Turkey, have I seen so much food, or so many places to eat at.
The Main restaurant,
Excellent facilities, good choice of food and brilliant waiting staff, we really only ate here for breakfast, but the Gala night, was magnificent,

GALA NIGHT
Each table and chair was carefully adorned in the butterfly wing colours of the Ayscha, pinks and whites. Flowers set on each table and bows on every chair, it was a painstaking effort on behalf of the staff, and it was beautiful.
The food was incredible, and I have never seen so much Sushi, they also did lamb, chicken, fish, veal ,squid and calamari in every way possible, Vegetables, fruit and bread at every turn, and the desserts.........mama mia, (special wheels are available, should you need assistance in moving!!!!!!!!!!)lol.

5 A la carte eateries, each one you can venture into once per week, there is

TURKISH
FISH
ASIAN
MEXICAN
ITALIAN.
The Asian and Fish were in our opinion the best, the others were good, but not up to the same standard, and I think the Mexican and Italian ones were staffed with novice staff, who were learning the ropes, so maybe they just missed the mark, but this time next year, they will be superb.
The Maitre' D, at the Asian and Turkish were, old hands, they knew their stuff so well, and it showed. Their concern and knowledge of food was excellent.

THE REST.........
Ok, walk down to the beach, not only do you get the obligatory beach bar, there is:-
a Gozleme' house, a jacket potato stand, and Turkish meatball and pide bar, just behind this (about a minutes stroll) is an open air cafe, that serves kebabs, chicken,burgers etc: salad, fruit, cakes and cheeses, these are all open everyday, and this is just the beach area.
The pool bar, serves drinks from 10 in the morning and always has fruit on the bar too.

At the side of the reception there is the Harmony cafe, which stays open til 7, just in case the lack of food gets to you! this serves, coffee, tea, juices, smoothies, cakes, pastry's, toasties and, ham, ham and cheese, salad sandwiches, all made fresh in front of you, and there for you to pig out on each day. It is like an American diner, all booths and colours, the only thing about this wonderful bar is, thru the glass wall, you can see the uber fit goody goodies doing another bench press.............oooops, another cake another 500 calories, seems unfair to watch them looking so good on their holidays, whilst the rest of us mere mortals watch them in awe on our holidays, and make way for another slice of cherry cheesecake, MMMMMMMMMMmmm Mmmmmmmm, move over fatty.

Wander round by the villas, and there is our favourite spot for lunch time, a quiet little haven, a cafe' bar that serves salad, and fruit, chicken and pide, spaghetti and sauce. It does lovely cocktails and you are surrounded by glorious gardens, peaceful fountains and trickles of waterfalls and 4 stunning pools. Heaven on a plate.

There are numerous bars at every level, a disco inside and out, a games room with play stations, computers, arcade games, bowling alley, table tennis, snooker etc, some you pay for, some you don't...........In the down stairs play area, there is a chill out zone bar, huge fish tanks are set into the wall and it is very relaxing to sit and have a drink in the shade.

The staff are friendly, helpful and so well mannered. The animation team are creative,hardworking and very professional. The shows they put on at night, were always different, and although they are not in line for the West End, some of the dance routines they did were worthy of a "Bravo, more more" a good time was had by all.

There are 1 or two minor critisisms, no hotel gets it right all the time, but they are minor in comparison.
Too many children allowed in some of the bars in the evening, yes it is a family orientated hotel, but it is also a hotel for couples too, and there should have been at least one bar where you could escape the cries of tired children. Yes, I know the parents need a break, but please, some of these little ones were just that, and after 11 they should be in bo bo's not in a pram or asleep on a sofa in a bar. The one thing I did applaud the staff for though, was stopping the kids going round with those wheelies on in the dining areas, well done.
Also, not enough choice in imported spirits, there were a few, Malibu, Famous Grouse, Smirnoff, Gordons, but that was it, and although we are not big drinkers, we would have liked a better choice, but the local brands were ok, and they did keep everything chilled and presented first class. Nibbles were always brought along side your drinks, so yet more food.
Oh, yes, and before I forget, room service was included between midnight and 7 in the morning, and a midnight buffet was also served for anyone who was starving.

To sum this hotel up,
Do not let where a hotel is placed on a popularity list put you off trying. This hotel is a hidden gem, as we were getting ready to leave, 2 parties of British golfers came into the hotel, most of them on their 3rd and 4th visit, 45 of them in total, each one invited to a cocktail party thrown by the hotel, the management came into the Ayscha Saloon Bar and greeted everyone on their repeat visit personally, each one was treated as a friend, it is one of the reasons that we shall be returning to this wonderful, charming place.
It is not for the young, free and single set, too many couples with young children, and too many couples who are escaping the daily routine. Lots of golfers, lots of sports enthusiasts, but unlikely to suit anyone who wants to just PARTAY.................

Give it a try, I know you will not be disappointed, and like us, you will wonder why this beautiful hotel is not spoken about more often........................or then again, maybe people want to keep it for themselves.
Photo's to follow.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
14 Thank delavega_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

Had a really lovely time here! Perfect for what we wanted - not an impersonal huge resort but a good size with great staff - especially all the entertainment staff, and mini club staff - keep up the good work!

Food was great - so many options, a la carte restaurants great - especially liked the seafood restaurant. Mini bar stocked with soft drinks and beer - room service after midnight - no tacky bands. Gym well equipped, beach very clean - hotel spotless - staff work endlessly to keep it that way!

We were a family of 5 - and away with a family of 5 - we all had a great time and didn't want to come home!

There are many nationalities here - and English isn't the language you hear most - but that suited us just fine!!

Hope you like Papillon AYscha as much as we did!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank The_But2ns
Esher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

This was our second year at the Papillon Ayscha and we were even more impressed this year. The level of service and attention to detail is first class. The staff can not do enough for you and we would like to make a special mention to Adnam, Guest Relations Manager, Hanaje who always made a fuss of us on the terrace bar, Umjit, Head of Entertainment, Mustafa (you are so funny and we miss Javelot!) and Fatije (for refereeing the football matches).

We travelled with our 3 children, Louise (13), and twins James and Thomas (11) and stayed in a Select Villa which was very private with a pool just outside the french doors (perfect for late night and early morning dips). The whole complex is very family friendly and we hardly saw the children for two weeks. The food is fantastic - the choices in the buffet are huge and suit any taste and appetite. We ate in most of the a la carte restaurants - all of which serve at least 5 courses so be prepared to say "no more food please!!", On Friday nights they have a Gala Night, where the displays of food are amazing - the first time we witnessed a Gala Evening we thought it was a private wedding as all the chairs/tables were so beautifully decorated. This is really an all inclusive hotel - imported drinks are included, cocktails, doughnuts cooked freshly for you, ice cream, mini bar in room topped up daily, bottles of water on ice to pick up wherever you need them, sunbeds and parasols on the beach at no extra charge, kayaks and pedalos available on the beach. Activities are on hand all day long if you want to join in and every evening there is entertainment on stage. The musical shows are really good and there is always a beach disco/party if you want to carry on to the early hours.

The English are a minority here but for us that was not a problem and English is widely spoken - in fact the staff are really pleased to see you and talk to you if you are English and seem to pay you that much more attention.

All in all, another fantastic holiday thanks to all the staff at Papillon Ayscha. We have only been back two days and already miss it. We really can't think of a single negative thing to say about this hotel and would really recommend it as a lovely, family friendly, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank EsherTomKat
moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

I have just come back from my holiday back to Moscow from the hotel Papillon Ayscha!!!(and if you are wondering why I am writing in English when I live in Moscow well that`s because I am half Russian and half English !!!!my father is from England and my mother is from Moscow!!)And I tell you it was the BEST HOLIDAY I EVER HAD!!!!
The animation team was fantastic, and the seaside and swimming pool beyond compare!!
Evening shows wonderful, and I loved getting certificates for the activities I did during the day!!!!The highlight of the show for me from the animation team were:LENA,ELIF MUSTAFA,MEHMET,KAAN,SERTAN AKAR AND MR.UMIT!!
The only thing that is not quite perfect is the restaurant.
I recommend this hotel to everybody!!!!! I this was my best holiday so make it your best!! TRY IT, YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!!=)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank prettyviki234
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

I came back from Turkey 12hours ago and am already feeling depressed with being back in England. This hotel is def up to a 5* standard but remeber it's Turkey so dont expect The Hilton. We arrived at about 3am and were offered room service straight away (this is part of the all inc package although additional alcohol is not).
A week certainly wasn't long enough and the staff always make sure there are plenty of things to do ie pool games, darts, shooting, javelin. The beach they own is beautiful where they strip of most of the pebbles everynight (quite strange to see them hoovering beach). The hotel has its own watersports as well.
The cleanliness of the hotel is impecable and cannot be faulted along with the food. There is something for everyone and the Al a Carte restaurants are amazing although they get full very quickly. It is a bit annoying that u have to ring reception for an Al a Carte reservation at 9am but it is worth doing (The turkish one is extremely impressive).
I went with my mum and took my young son, it is perfect for families. I agree it in abit of a secluded area but there is a "tractor trip" into Belek every hour (worth doing once although not brilliant) and we went on a few excursions. Fishing at Green lake was brilliant and the turkish bath was intresting - lets just say I felt abit violated after.
The animation team are FANTASTIC!!!! All such nice people and they work so hard, the shows they put on were great and I cannot praise them enough. The nightlife is not too wild but the beach party's and disco's were sufficent enough for me and Im quite a wild 23yr old (however after all inclusive drinking sessions anyones ready for bed at 2.30am). The kids club (also run by the animation team) was really good, they made lots of craft and did loads of activities, I completely trusted them with my little boy and they were great with him. On the evening show they get all the kids that participated in kids club (and the adults for that matter in the pool games) on stage to recieve certificates, this is abit tedious after 2days but the children love it.
Yes the British are def the minority in this hotel we were 3 of 10 for a week. There were alot of russians but I didnt personally have any problems with that. I also met people from all over the world switzerland, Africa, Holland and many turks came to holiday there. Most all spoke English flulently so conversation wasn't a problem but I have to say I was quite happy to meet some men from London at the end.
I would advise to take the Euro as the Turkish Lira is very weak and they whack up the prices, Turkey is suprisingly really expensive so All inc is very worthwhile. At the airport I paid about £9 for a cheeseburger at burger king!!!!
Overall I had an amazing holiday. All the waiters, bartenders, animation team are not given enough gratification for the hard work they put in. It is unbelivable how well you are looked after. I recommend this hotel highly and will def be going back!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Wako86
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

We have just returned from two weeks at the Papillon Ayscha in Belek and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. We booked a standard room for two adults and a child and were given a family room with a good size bedroom and seperate lounge, two balconies and two bathrooms, heaven! The beds were comfortable and the rooms cleaned to a high standard every day. Air conditioning wasn't brilliant, it got a little hot when we were gettin ready to go out, but was adequate and we had no trouble sleeping. I suppose this might be more of a problem when temperatures soar during July and August. Weather while we were there was fab, in the mid thirties for the most part.
Having never been a big fan of the all inclusive outside of the Caribbean, I was a little dubious about the standard of food that we could expect, but I needn't have worried, it was great. The Buffets were plentiful and varied and all food cooked to a high standard, and there was always a wide range of barbecued food, stir fries and pots of delicious stews in the outdoor restaurant. Wonderful salads, vegetables and fruit and desserts to die for! Don't miss the Turkish feast that they put on once a week, it really is a treat. We also loved the snack bar overlookin the beach area for lunch, very relaxed and a wonderful sea breeze . There are also four a la carte restaurants, but we didn't try them as we find that with a picky seven year old in tow the buffet suits us better. Despite the fact that we tend to dine quite late in the evening,there was never a problem with the food running out. My daughter loves chips with everything and on the one occasion when we were very late and they had run out, they quickly cooked up a batch for her and brought them to the table. I'm not sure that would happen in many places.
The pool was huge and sunbeds plentiful, on a couple of occasions when we went down late and all the sunbeds were taken, the staff just brought extra beds up from the beach. Nothing was too much trouble to be honest. Also a nice stretch of private sand and shingle beach with all the usual watersports.
And now for the entertainment team, truly they were brilliant, the best I have ever come across. There was always lots going on, but there was no pressure to join in if you weren't up for it. Special thanks to Mustafa, Kaan, Mehmet and the wonderful Lena, you are all brilliant! Excellent kids club, with varied activities. Evening entertainment centred around the outdoor theatre, ( very entertaining,don't miss the Lion King) and the Beach Bar where there were regular beach parties and live music. We Brits were the minority in this hotel, it was mostly Russian, Romanian and German guests but we didn't find it a problem to be honest, and I think that as more and more people discover this little gem that will change.
Euro's are just as acceptable here as Turkish Lira, my top tip wouls be to try and take small notes for tipping, as it is sometimes difficult to get change.
Last but not least, thanks to Adnan, in charge of customer relations, nothing was too much trouble for him, a real asset to the hotel.
We will be visiting here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank garywalesNeath
portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

Overall we had an excellent holiday. The montgomorie papillon golf course was supurb. The hotel staff were very attentive and friendly. On a downside the air- in the main hotel allmost non-existent.We were told by reception this was due to the hotel changing from winter to summer. When the Guest Relations Manager a Mr Adnan MENLiKLi heard of our complaint of being too hot at night, he immediatly up-graded us to a villa. We have nothing but praise for him, for the rest of our stay whenever he saw us he treated us as VIP's. He cannot be faulted in his job, allways smartly dressed and friendly.
The shows in Amphetheater were excellent, and well worth seeing. From the show manager down everybody was friendly especially Mustapha, who was
a friend to us throughout our stay. Unfortunatly as is generally the case the food at the buffet was on the cool side. All in all though we enjoyed our stay at the Papillon Aysha hotel, and we would certainly go back there. Alan and Sheila Grant Portsmouth UK.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple