“Not a five star hotel!”
Review of Kaya Belek

Kaya Belek
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We have stayed at Riu Kaya for one week playing golf. There are some problems with the hotel
One big restaurant, lots of kids running around and filled with guests. made it impossible to have a normal conversation. Not enough personal in the restaurant either
no roomservice in a fivestarhotel! We asked for roomservice and they answered "no not as long as the lobbybar is open"
the rooms where OK, but this is not a fivestarhotel!
next time in Belek probably at another hotel

Room Tip: Choose a room with afternoon sun and ofcourse sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giab193
Write a ReviewReviews (3,134)

Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is the fourth hotell/resort I have visited in Belek. It is the cheapest of theese and I got value for the money. It is new and fresh. The seeside room whas built in niveaus so sight out was nice. The strandbar and the beech was the best of thees four.
What I not liked was the maybe twohundreds of tennis playing kid running around everywhere. They run in to me several times. Walking around in the buffet restautant whit plate and glas was more then risky. They hotell do need a childrenfree restaurant and bar.
The restaurant was big and not so nice. I got bored of the buffet even faster then els. And some more thing, there is room service only 23.30 to 07.00. My wife got sick one day probably from bad food, vometing, and I did not wanted to leave here and go down for food but there was no room service in the evening.
I had to pay for the securitybox, it was not included. But I hade to pay twice, they did note take a note that I already had payed, so buy checking out they wanted 9 more Euros.
The hotell is no real five star hotell to my vue but gives value for the money and is good for familys with kids. I will go to another hotell next time

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank lazze51
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I didn't know what to expect as haven't been on a short haul trip in years. I spend so much time travelling all over the world I always spent my time off in the UK. I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed the holiday. The rooms were OK, slept in better, but the overall experience was amazing. The staff were very friendly, the food was outstanding (and I am used to good food) Rida was amazing always asking if here was anything else he could do to make the holiday special. The entertainment at night was good and everyone was so friendly. I had a Turkish bath which I would recommend to anyone going there. The Spa is just as good if not better than the ones at home. I had to call a doctor one night as I wasn't well, again, I got the best service. The shops in the hotel have nice souvenirs. I bought some lovely jewel's in the hotel shop. Adam, (I think that was his name) manager of the jewelery shop knew what i wanted and very helpful Having been home 5 day's I am now looking to go back to that hotel and I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a sea view in the 5th floor. Very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KarenTCambridge
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were at this hotel 2 weeks ago and had a fabulous time. The hotel was starting to be tidied up for the summer and it would have been nice if this had already happened as some areas were a bit tatty. However, the fabulous staff and fabulous food compensated for this over and over again.

The guest manager Rida constantly checked we were ok, from how we slept to how we were on less sunny days. Any issues we had were rectified straight away-we were not sleeping as found the beds quite small so within hours we had another bed added to our huge room.

The kids club staff were amazing. Our boys are very shy and we did not think they would join in at all but every day they wanted to go to the club and then the disco each evening-all because the staff were so friendly and caring.

Our eldest son was 7 while we were there and Rida and the kidz club staff made it really special for him and us. We had a special decorated table in the restaurant, a huge birthday cake and he received a certificate and everyone sang at the disco.

The food was delicious -vast choice and everything was lovely. It was impossible not to keep wanting more!

This was our first trip to Turkey and the hotel. We will definitely visit both again. Everyone had told us how friendly everyone would be and how good Turkey is for kids-we didn't really believe it would be better than anywhere else but it was. Nothing was too much trouble, especially where the children were concerned. This was our first holiday in a few years and we are really glad we chose this special hotel.

Room Tip: Our room did not have a sea view and was quite dark. We would consider paying for a sea view next ti...
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just returned from Turkey. This is a lovely hotel. The rooms are perfectly clean. We had few english channels. We had a great week. The hotel is in a very nice location for a family surrounded by golf fields. Management and staff are very highly trained and very kind. The greeting starts with special welcoming drink which shows the superb service. The guest relations manager is very kind. He visited us every morning and evening asking if everything was ok. The food was excellent and fresh. I woud highly recommend this hotel for any age group. And special thanks to Animation Team. We had really enjoyed our evenings with highly prepared shows. But would suggest the team to involve guests also, as I'd seen in other hotels it's even much more fun. Also thanks to bar staff for the great service and cocktails ( tried worlds most famous cocktails, along their own). Definitely will return in the future. It is very unlikely to be disappointed by this hotel.

5  Thank LondonRazak
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Just returned from my first visit to Turkey. This hotel has lots to be proud of. Great staff, fantastic fresh,varied food and exceptional cleanliness. Rida the guest realtions manager and all the management team are highly visible and constantly checking that all is to your satisfaction. Lots of activities for all the family. Spa had lots of choice, however staff did speak , all the way through your treatment which was a little uncomfortable, which spoiled a good session. Nothing too much trouble. Would definately return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is a lovely hotel only about 30 minutes from the airport. The rooms are comfortable, spacious with lots of of storage space and comfortable seating. Although there is a tv in your room, the 2 English channels had such bad reception that even our 3 and 4 year old grandchildren gave up watching when they were in the room. I was unwell one night and stayed in but couldn't watch tv because of the poor reception. We have stayed elsewhere on this coast and not experienced this before.

The food and drink was outstanding in quality and choice, but when in the restaurant were never sure if we should get our own drinks or if the the waiter served us with them, as it was a bit hit and miss. It's the same with the table, we were in a party of 7 and had a table reserved with our name on it, which was great, however most times when we arrived the table wasn't even laid up with cutlery or cups.

This hotel has very good sport facilities, which unfortunately brought in lots of teenagers for various competitions, although they were accompanied by teachers, they were not very well supervised and were very rude in their manner i.e., pushing into lifts ahead of families, running around in the hotel and at times being very noisy, it was a pleasure when they left.

Rida, the Guest Relations Manager, was excellent, nothing was too much trouble and he kept his eye on the unruly teenage contingent and did his best to ensure they behaved properly when he could. He made a point of speaking to the guests every day and ensuring everyone was enjoying their holiday. The waiters and bar staff in this hotel are also very helpful, polite and courteous.

The beach has dark sand and quite a lot of stones at the edge of the sea, it also shelves, so wear beach shoes and be aware of how it drops. It was only the beginning of April when we were there and the swimming pools were VERY cold, the indoor pool was also cold the day I went in, but I was told the heating must have been put back on in there as it did get warmer.

The shops in Belek are very expensive, we went to buy a bucket and spade set for the children, as they didn't sell them in the hotel shop. We caught a bus to Belek, wandered round several shops before locating one with buckets and spades in a pack complete with a starfish, water wheel, rake and spade, this was 23 Euros!!!!! And the pack was split and faded. Needless to say the children shared the pack!

Although we had a very enjoyable 10 days in this hotel, for us the resort area let it down, there was nowhere to go. We usually go to Side and we missed being able to walk along the promenade that runs along between the beach and the hotels to the centre of Side, with lots of shops with reasonably priced goods.

If you play tennis or golf and want a comfortable hotel with good food then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool have the sun all afternoon.
1  Thank DotDarian