“Not as advertised 5* more 3 and building work herrendous”
Review of Kaya Belek Hotel

Kaya Belek Hotel
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I think from the other reviews we must have been dropped at the wrong hotel?
The only good thing I have to say is that the food was delicious, good quality and choice, but they did repeat the menu every 3 days so did get rather boring. Alcohol, not the best of quality,Brandy was awful so stick to vodka or tequila. They do shots as well but don't advertise the fact you have to ask for them.
Booked a double room to sleep up to 4 only to arrive to a room with 1 small single, and a small double(these are french sized beds appartently which are smaller than the uk standard) The room also had one chair and a table so although spacious not very comfortable and where to sleep 4th person?. Asked for mattress toppers of which they gave us 3 but this didn't help much with the small very hard mattress. Did complain but was told couldn't be moved as they had 600 tennis players staying at the hotel so it was full. They played for 15hrs a day. So all you could hear was building work going on, a generator the other side of the hotel or tennis balls being bashed.(at least 8 matches going on at once, and that was only on the tennis courts to the left of the Hotel, the men played on the courts at the back of the hotel which were out of sight)
Some photos on here do show larger beds so I would complain because obviously the hotel do have them it seems it's the look of the draw, also not given the robes or any toiletries.All the German guests seem to have them as well as the frenchas they walked around the hotel in them) but no English, perhaps thats because we don't make as much fuss!!
The bed linen was plain white, no co-ordinating throws or pillows for us
We didn't have a bath but a wet room which was nice and spacious although the wallpaper had mold growing underneath it so had gone dark in patches which made the bathroom smell.
We have been to Turkey on many occasions over the years and this has to be the worst of the HOtels we have stayed in. We normally stay further North (Dalaman area) and to make things even worse this was the most expensive one we stayed at as well so did expect a better hotel.
Rida was very good though, unfortunately couldn't help as the hotel was full and our rep told us we should go into a branch to book Holidays and not do it on line as if we had of gone into branch we would have been told about the extensive demolition that is going on. As they are knocking half of the hotel down. The photo shows the half circled in Black that is being demolished. I've taken videos as well but not sure I can upload those but will try.
I know people have different expectations, and if this was your first holiday abroad you would probably have enjoyed it, but being a regular to Turkey we have much to compare it to and in short.
Riu = Could do better

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,085)

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This was our first visit to Turkey and was not disapionted, our stay was 16th October to 24th.
We arrived approximately 10.30pm, the check in was very quick and reception staff were very friendly, allthough English was not their strongest language, but hey we were in Turkey.
We were shown to our room which was 4031 on the fourth floor with great views over looking the pool and sea, the room was spotless, containing a double and single bed, also there was a sitting area with settee chair and table, making the room look very spacious, then patio doors leading onto a small balcony containing two chairs and a table.
Once unpacked at about 11.30 we were told that in the lobby we would find late night snacks as we had missed the last meal times, well I must say this is my only negative the food I felt very disapointing, some dry rolls ham and cheese, salads and some cakes etc, BUT!!! wait until breakfast the food was excellent good choice to suit all tastes, as was the same for lunch and dinner, a lot of the food being cooked in front of you, the food was hot, and the chefs were spottless in appearence and food preperation, it baffles me where some negitive reviews about the food come from, in our experiance the food was excellent.

The out side area was very good with two large pools, plus a pool in the childrens area, also one indoor pool, all outside areas were well maintained and very clean, allthough we did not use the private beach area it looked wonderful with plenty of beds, as was the pool areas.

All the staff we found very friendly and polite nothing to much trouble, the hotel has a very relaxed feeling which is just what we needed for a weeks break.

With regards to some of the negative reviews about the German and Russian guests, we had no problems with either why should we, we are all different nations with different ways, and met nice people of various nationalities, German and Russian included,

If you decide to visit this hotel you will not be dissapointed, relaxed, friendly staff, very clean, good food, good weather, lovely jubbly.

Thanks to Rida for all his help, hope your well Rida, and all the Riu Kaya staff. see you soon.

Seen your review Dawn & Paul, glad your home safe.

Room Tip: Room 4031 fourth floor good views
4  Thank taffytravel
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Summer 2012 my family and I visited Riu only to be greeted by warm welcoming staff and an amazing hotel - which photos do no justice! We were here for two weeks and traveled from Gatwick to Antalya. Once we had settled comfortably within the hotel, we found ourselves making many friends with other visitors and the staff as well! One Individual who made the hotel a lot more enjoyable was Ali Gùndùz who provided immense service and always had a smile on his face! If ever there was a problem he would be more than willing to help and he made our nights much more entertaining - especially when he was working in the evening disco. Although I didn't get speaking to Ali until the end of the first week, he still made our time at this amazing hotel a lot better! I'm now 18 however when we traveled to Turkey I was 17, and it was suitable for people my age but perhaps more for younger children as the evening entertainment was very childlike. Although, me and my siblings did enjoy the nights out and the free drink but there's only so much you can do for two weeks I suppose. The tennis courts are relatively decent, I found myself playing it a lot however, I did bring my own rackets. Overall this holiday was very good, and very hot! It didn't rain once! I thoroughly enjoyed it here, and I thoroughly enjoyed the company of Ali who was a complete star!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have much larger balconies but not as much room space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Charlie U
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was our 2nd visit to Riu Kaya Belek this year. We stayed in May 2012 and enjoyed it so much we booked to go again in October 2012 (within 1 week of returning home). We only arrived home on Saturday morning and have already booked to return in May 2013. We have read some of the reviews on here and can only think that the people who have given bad reviews must have stayed at a different hotel! The staff are very friendly, the Animation team are 2nd to none and Rida is amazing - anything you want just ask him. Everyone who works here is amazing they all speak at least 3 languages including English (makes us feel ignorant). The food is superb, something for everyone (including a friend from Finland who is wheat intolerant and told us there was always something he could eat). The rooms are lovely and maid service everyday. Cannot fault anything and would recommend this hotel to anybody and cannot wait to return in May. Dawn & Paul from Bristol

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing :)
4  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Just spent 10 days at this hotel, as per previous reviews, rooms very clean and spacious, although air conditioning needs updating. 3 al a carte restaurants, all good but the turkish we found to be the best, food in the main restaurant was always good and varied.
The all inclusive drinks were of a good standard, Beer local brand Efes, spirits again were good. The red wine in the restaurant was good, but chilled in the bar. The guest relations manager Rida checked on us on a regular basis and the waiter in the lobi bar, Ilhan Ala always made sure we had a drink and joke with the kids.
lots of people had come here for the tennis and the golf.There was a tennis tournament on when we were here.
Overall a great spot for a quiet holiday.We did a day trip to Side which was worth a look and we went to the local market held on a Tuesday and this was again worth a look .
Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank andrew o
Reviewed 25 October 2012

First stay in Turkey was a litttle worried about going to Turkey no need as this hotel was spotless food was excellent lots of variety. Stayed 10 nights 9-19 october. Weather was very hot. Met some wonderful people. Rida is definiately mr riu. Went into Kadriye town which takes five minutes on the bus easy to get into town and back buses run from 8am till midnight. Would definiately return.

2  Thank Turkey404
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My partner and I have just returned from the Riu Kaya Belek. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a cocktail, our luggage taken to our room and the reception staff were very nice. We were very impressed with the room. It was very clean and spacious. There was a double bed, a single bed, sofa and chair. The minibar was stocked with water, coke, fanta, sprite and apple juice. The bathroom had a bath with a shower overhead, a hairdryer and our towels had been shaped into swans.
The staff at this hotel are so polite and helpful. They work long hours and the majority are always smiling. The hotel is spotless too.
Breakfast consisted of salad, cheese, cold meats, chips, onion rings, vegetables, selection of breads and cakes, omelette station, beans, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurt. As this is a Muslim country it did not serve bacon and sausages.
Lunch at the snack bar was the same each day. There was soup, salad, cheese, pizza, flat breads, pasta, hot dogs, burgers, grilled fish, chips and chicken. Lunch in the restaurant included soup, salad, cold meat, fish, pizza, chips, rice and meat dishes. Dinner was the same.
The food was cooked to a high standard but it was repetitive and seemed to cater to the German and Russian tastes.
The major downside to the hotel is the restaurant. I have been to many all inclusive hotels but the attitude of some people amazed me. It extremely busy in the restaurant, to the point where it is uncomfortable. We went to dinner early one evening before the restaurant had opened. When they opened the doors there was literally a stampede as though people had not been fed. My partner and I had to stand against the wall to avoid it, and I am surprised no one was injured. Meals are not enjoyable due to the atmosphere. People were pushing and shoving, shouting at each other. I was kicked by one child trying to get to my table, I was pushed and then abused in German, and I witnessed a near fight break out. It really spoilt our holiday and we ate out a lot even though we were all inclusive.
I was also not happy with the night we were asked to complete a questionnaire. In the afternoon as we went to our room I was stopped by our cleaner. She put a piece of paper in my hand with her name on it and asked me to write a good review about her. Then when we went to dinner I was sat completing the questionnaire and a waiter shoved a piece of paper in my face with his name on, and said "you write." He stood over me until I wrote his name on the questionnaire and I felt very intimidated. I complained to Rida but he also asked a couple to put his name on the form. So be aware on questionnaire night you will be bombarded.
What I am furious about is that the travel agent and the hotel failed to inform us that the hotel next door was being demolished and rebuilt. If you have a room on the pool side you will not hear anything. We were right opposite the work. Demolition started from 8am until 6pm. There was dust everywhere, terrible noise and you could not have the patio doors open or enjoy sitting on the balacony. The hotel and travel agents are fully aware of the work taking place but they will not inform you, so you have been warned.
In summary it is a very clean hotel, excellent staff and food is cooked to a high standard, However the majority of the hotel's guests are Russian and German. Food is catered more to their tastes and announcements are made in Russian and German too. I would not return due to the restaurant being so busy and the rudeness of guests which I appreciate is beyond the hotels control.

4  Thank jojo31Manchester