“our best holiday to date”

Hotel Riu Kaya Belek
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Belek
England
“our best holiday to date”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We arrived at this brilliant hotel in the early hours on 6 September 2013 for our 2 week holiday, and what a great holiday it was, a lot of thanks for that must go to Simo, Ibra, Berkan, Ronaldo and the little one(never did get his name) and the girls, all of these make up the best animation team ever. They start about 9 30 to 10 in the morning going round the pool saying good morning to everyone and even have time to sit with you and have a chat, then its on with a day full of entertainment and they don't stop to late at night. They invite you to join in all the games but also leave you alone if you don't want to, never too pushy. After entertainment at the amphitheatre at night which finishes about 10 30, we would then go to pool bar where more entertainment was on to about 12, my daughter was in a belly dancing competition here where she came 2nd. When we had finished in pool bar we would go to lobby bar which was open 24 hours if you wanted it and you could get your late night snacks there. During our stay there was various dancing acts and a great act involving lads doing stunts on bikes, 2 garden parties, a beach party which ended with a brilliant foam party on the beach(messy but great fun, just ask my mother in law). on our last night was gala night which was great, all done by the animation team.
RIDA, often been talked about in these reviews and rightly so, this hotel would not run as smoothly as it does if it wont for this man. He introduced himself on our first day and said any problems or any advise needed just ask. I told him my balcony door would not lock, when we went up to shower before dinner a new lock had been fitted, we asked him where we could watch the England game, he said get a taxi to kadriye (12 euros return for 7 of us) and go to roman bar, the bar owner even phoned taxi when ready to go back, My wife was ill one day and Rida got the chef to boil some rice specially so there wont no spicy oils in it, he got it wrapped up so I could take it to our room for her, when he see her the next day he made sure she was ok.
The buffet restaurant is massive and it still needs 2 sittings for dinner time, we had the 8 15 sitting as this was better for us, the other sitting is 6 30. plenty of choice every meal time and the waiter would save our table every night with our drinks and petals on the table and we had not tipped him, its just the great way they look after you, we went to the Asian and Italian restaurants which were good and the barbeque restaurant was good after we got over the fact that we had to cook this big tray of meat ourselves, it was different but nice. Snack bar at lunch time, loads of choice with plenty of salad, Pizzas baked there and then but get them when just cooked, not nice cold. freshly cooked doughnuts and pancakes at 4 yum yum, not kidding I put nearly a stone on in 2 weeks.
swimming pools great, loads of beds and parasols here and on beach, water sports bit pricey, 9 euros each on banana boat but good fun, got chucked of 3 times. Jet ski 35 euros for 10 minutes and that's after I knocked him down from 45.
we had a room on 4th floor overlooking sea and pool which was great even though we had to pay extra for this, my daughter had room on same floor but on other side but she still had seaview and nice view of mountains. the rooms are cleaned daily and mini bar stocked free of charge, there is a safe in room which you get charged for, I do think this should be in with price of room.
All in all this is a great hotel, not in the best of locations but with staff like this why would you want to go out.
Thanks to everyone and maybe we might be back one day.
from Terry, Melissa, Sophie, Hayley and Elaine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lfcfanEngland
AYSEL A, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Riu Kaya Belek, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We thank you for your kind attention you showed by sharing your time to write your holiday experience in Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

We are happy that you were pleased with our services. We ensure you we shared your positive comments with our team.

We hope to see you back at Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question or request for your next visits.

Yours faithfully,

Guest Relations Team
bkguest@kayatourism.com.tr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 September 2013

From the minute of arrival we were made to feel extremely welcome and comfortable. Nothing was ever too much trouble and always with a smile. All the staff are amazing and very very friendly. I can not express enough at how good everything is here and I can't wait to go back! Everyday the manager goes around and speaks to every single guest ensuring they are happy and if they are not what can be done. When leaving it was actually quite emotional and you feel like you are leaving friends. Defiantly recommend to anyone, no matter what the age group, there is something for everyone and the entertainment crew were exceptional! Absolute perfection, best holiday I have ever had.

2 Thank Raynor83
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Arrived at the hotel very late at night. Check in was very quick and efficient. Had to make quick decision on whether to go for first or second sitting for evening meal,so have a think before you arrive. Big decision at this time of night/ morning! Lol. Luggage arrived in our room very quickly, a bit disappointed that we had a small double bed and a single bed in our room, it would have been nice to have had a king size. Not sure why but we also had a cot! Room very clean but not that spacious.
We went for a walk inside hotel and found there was salad and rolls for overnight nibbles. By the time we went back to our room, the cot was gone :)
Food - a buffet and 3 a la carte restaurants, all very good but favourite was the BBQ, you get a plate of raw food and you cook it yourselves - a novelty but great especially as we are BBQ fans (living in Scotland rarely do we get to have one!) Food in main buffet - a great choice and anyone would manage to find something that they could eat (even chips at breakfast!) Lunch and evening meals there was also bottles of wine and water on your table. The food could sometimes have been a bit hotter but hey ho. Only problem I found was that bread had to be cooked in toaster 3 times before it was toasted, did inform hotel at the end of my stay - hope they have looked at getting it fixed.
All staff were great and very attentive, maids, entertainment team, waiters, bar staff, managers, all very visible, friendly and helpful and always checking that everything is ok, so no excuses for anyone to have complaints at end of holiday ( says me re toaster! My fault I should have said sooner)
Hotel, pool, bars, toilets all kept very clean and in good repair.

Some people managed to get wifi in lobby, pool and beach and hotel charges for wifi in your room. Personally I found it difficult and frustrating trying to get it, ended up giving up with it.

For those looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday this hotel is ideal.

Room Tip: We asked for a high room and got it, do ask for a pool/sea view as most of the hotel looks on to thi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holidayloverfromuk
Kidderminster
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have just spent 2 weeks (10th - 24th Sept 2013) at the Riu Kaya Belek. I previously visited the hotel 2 years ago and had a wonderful holiday. Returning this year the holiday experience was better than ever. From the minute I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. Friendliness and service are very apparent throughout the hotel. The staff clearly take a great pride in giving their guests a great holiday. The choice and presentation of food is superb and the restaurant and bar staff are very efficient. Housekeeping standards in the bedroom were very good, Ayse serviced my room. Guest relations manager Rida is a huge asset to this hotel. He regularly checks if you are happy with things and if you mention something to him that needs seeing to he always ensures that it is dealt with promptly in a very calm and unobtrusive manner. The animation team also play a key role in this hotel. They work tirelessly and energetically to make sure that all guests get what they need from the action packed programme. Ibra leads the team and has just the right personality for the job and Birkan, Simo and Ronaldo work very well alongside him. A great holiday and so good that I will be back in 2014.

Room Tip: A room with a pool / sea view adds to the enjoyment of the holiday
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bev N
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Right from check in on day one, I was unable to fault the service and attention to detail from the staff at this wonderful hotel. It was mine and my family's first experience of the All Inclusive holiday and we will definitely be choosing this type of holiday again as a direct result of our experience at the wonderful Riu Kaya Belek Hotel. I would have absolutely no hesitation of using it again. Nothing was too much trouble. Special mention must be made to RIDA, the guest relations manager. Does he ever sleep?!! There wasn't a day or evening that went by that he didn't personally come over to my family and I to check to see if everything was ok. To do this to every guest in a consistently full hotel is exceptional. Mention must also go to the Animation Team, in particular, Ronaldo and Simo. Again they were always full of energy, encouraging and entertaining guests and also spending time chatting to guests whether they wanted to join in the games or not. All inclusive truly meant just that!! The food and drink was fantastic and hugely varied, so much so, that we did not feel the need to use the A La Carte restaurants. On that note mention must be made to our wonderful restaurant waiter EKREM. Talk about spoilt rotten, apart from the first evening, we were treated to flower petals on the table, our drinks already poured for us prior to us getting to our table and a celebratory cake at the end of the meal. A true
professional!!
There is a slight slight negative.
Having been totally wowed by the hotel lobby and reception area, I thought that our room (2109) looked a little tired and could have done with an update, however we only spent a small percentage of our time in it that it really didn't matter and certainly did not detract from our holiday at all!! The bars were always well stocked. We tended to use the main lobby bar most of the time because we had excellent service from MUZZAFAH, who again always looked after us. The pool restaurant was excellent to with food and drink always in plentiful supply that would have suited even the most fussy of eaters!! Some of the negative press about 'ignorant Russians and Eastern Europeans' from my own point of view was unfounded. we never had a problem. I could go on and on with the superlatives, but I think and hope I have made my point. My family and I have had the most wonderful holiday and would MOST DEFINITELY use the Riu Kaya Belek Hotel again. Thank you once again The Riu Kaya Belek Hotel.

3 Thank Philnico19
UK
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I came back from this hotel 2 days ago and I am still day dreaming about this hotel! It was my first time in an all inclusive and I can honestly say it was brilliant. I have read some of the bad reviews on here and honestly cannot believe them.
First cleanliness...I have really high standards and this hotel met them. The toilets by the pool and restaurant were cleaned about 6 times a day and were always spotless, all of the floors are washed and swept constantly, I even checked the corners of the rooms and there was not a speck of dirt to be seen. Our room had a pool view which was well worth the money and again it was flawlessly clean and there was no sign of anything ripped or threadbare as previously reviewed.
Food...the main restaurant is buffet style and is huge. The food is always fresh and mostly cooked in front of you. I defy anyone not to be able to find something to eat. Yes it gets a bit samey towards the end of the week but you can always visit one of the ala carte restaurants if you want a change. Let's be honest it's not Michelin star quality but it's better then your bog standard uk chain restaurant!! There is also a snack restaurant or crepe lady for lunch if you want a change but I ate there every night and lunch time and always had a good meal.
Staff and entertainment...these are the two factors which set this hotel apart from any other. The staff are amazing. Rida has been mentioned before but he was fantastic, every day he was checking to see if our holiday was going well and what he could do to improve it. The entertainment team were fantastic especially Simo and Ronaldo who were great fun. How they managed to remember our names I don't know. The quality of the entertainment was really high with lots of professional acts and entertainment until midnight every night. The disco needs some work though, lack of English music and its a bit dark dingy and not very well used, needs some more thought. I would go back to this hotel based on the staff and entertainment as it made our holiday
Location...yes the location of the hotel is a bit of a shame, you can't walk out of the hotel into the town and there is no promenade or harbour etc. You can't really walk down the beach as they are all private beaches. Kadriye and Belek are not nice places both very focused on selling fake bags and tourist tat...no nice bars or restaurants that I could see and everything very overpriced. Saying that it's not far to antalya or side which are nicer and only a short taxi ride away. And really you don't go to an all inclusive to spend all day outside of the hotel.
Other guests...lots of Russians as previously reported and yes they were rude with no table manners. The few other English guests were all friendly as were some Dutch guests. It doesn't ruin the holiday unless you let it and it's not the hotels fault!
Overall I would return here it was a great week full of laughs and great memories, if you are worried about booking this hotel don't be, you can't fail to have a good time.

2 Thank ginacUk
HotelRiuKayaBelek, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Riu Kaya Belek, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guests,

We hope to see you back at Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

Yours faithfully,

Guest Relations Team
bkguest@kayahotels.com.tr
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

The Good...
Freshly cooked buffet food.
Large pool.
Great beach area.
Lots of daytime activities.
Fairly good evening entertainment.

The Bad...
Samey buffet food.
Useless wi-fi, and insult to injury, they charge €15 a week for it.
They charge for your safe!
Bad mannered and unsmiling Russians abounded everywhere.
Threadbare towels.
Room cleanliness only average at best.

5 star all inclusive equates to 3 star not really all inclusive in reality!

As I stayed here mid September ( hotel busy but no where near full ), and was away from the hotel golfing for a large percentage of the day, a lot of the other comments, ie scrums at meal times, were not quite so noticeable.
The Ugly...
7 years ago Turkey was a new and fantastic place to stay and play golf, now I'm afraid the bubbles burst and it's all about money, tips and maximizing profits..... Shame.

3 Thank Thewitts