“Amazing!”
Review of Kaya Belek Hotel

Kaya Belek Hotel
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April 2014 for a week. The staff are very friendly and are willing to do anything to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible. Rida, the Hotel and Guest Relations Manager, was the best manager I have ever seen. He managed to get around every single guest, continuously asking whether everything was good or not.
The hotel itself, has splendid grounds, with two huge pools, plenty activities and a lovely beach. There is also a golf club right opposite the hotel, so it is a fabulous hotel for any keen golfers.
The food is lovely: they have a Turkish night every Wednesday and the desserts are incredibly tasty. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going as a family or a couple and this is definitely a 5 Star hotel.

Room Tip: The air conditioning doesn't work in the Winter months (including the first half of April) which...
1  Thank Expert_Reviews2014
AYSEL A, Guest Relations Manager at Kaya Belek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind attention you showed by sharing your time to write your holiday experience in Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

We are happy that you were pleased with our services. We ensure you we shared your positive comments with our team.

We hope to see you back at Hotel RIU Kaya Belek.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question or request for your next visits.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at this hotel. Our party consisted of 7 people ages ranging from 66 to 5. As soon as we had entered the hotel we did not have to lift a finger as our cases was taken straight of the coach and into our rooms by the bellboy we was then given a fruit cocktail whilst we was checking in. The room was more than big enough for 4 people, the bathroom was excellent complete with a walk in shower. Within less than an hour of being there Rida had came and introduced himself to our party to see if he could do anything to make our holiday a more enjoyable experience. The restaurant was an experience to part take of there was so many different dishes to choose from every night, most meal times there was at least 5 different chefs show cooking the salad counter you was spoilt for choice the pastry chef was superb the choices was too many to count, the bread counter would do any baker proud. The animation team were really friendly and put on some really funny shows! it was nice to lounge round the pool with a nice thick mattress and shade when needed and a young maid who had brought round drinks skating on rollerblades.

Rida and his pleasant staff make this holiday an experience to remember

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here last year with our 1y old son.

Overall good quality for the price we paid.

- good buffet
- clean hotel and comfortable rooms
- friendly staff

Downside:
- coffee quality was pretty bad (no espresso anywhere).
- alcohol served at the all in bars was mainly off brand stuff.

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed 12 April 2014

just come back from a week at the Riu Kaya as a party of 7 ages ranging from 66 to 5. on arrival we got off the bus and walked into the hotel whilst the bell boy took our luggage off the bus and into our rooms, whilst we were waiting to check in we were presented with fruit cocktails check in was quick and easy with clear directions of where our rooms were. The rooms were large and spacious with a glorious view of the pool and sea and had a wonderful walk in shower room. Everyone of the staff were friendly and helpful the bar staff were amazing no need to walk to the bar to get a drink it was all table service the cocktails were fantastic every colour you could imagine, even at the pool the bar maid went round the pool in her roller blades fetching you drinks all the time no need to leave your sunbed. The food in the restaurant was really nice especially the bread rings that were freshly cooked in the morning there was a choice of at least 3 different pizza/flatbreads every lunch and dinner lots of different fish, meat and vegetable choices available and the salad bar was huge, even the fresh baked rolls the choice was too much trying to decided which bread roll I wanted was getting to be a challenge as there was brown with different seeds, white bread with different toppings and some with sun dried tomatoes in All the waiters were friendly and attentive to children every evening we found the same table already laid for us with our drinks waiting. Rida works incredibly hard in the hotel always around asking guests if they are ok and if there is anything else they can do to make your stay more enjoyable he even waved us off from the hotel on the day of departure we saw him more than we saw the Thomson rep!. The kids mini club is excellent running from 10:30 to 12:30 then 14:30 to 17:00 every day and a mini disco at 20:30 at night Ashli the mini club teacher works so hard in helping the children with the dances and in the club despite the language barriers with different nationalities in the hotel. Although my children's favourite has to be Boyka who they had for 2 day's until Ashli arrived he taught them Turkish and took them swimming. The rest of the animation team work incredibly hard as well David's voice can be heard ringing round the corridors that it is all inclusive everything is free and Olga is an amazing belly dancer and Nono makes and incredible woman with his physique I want to mention the whole team but I have forgotten their names. The shows they put on at night are daft, funny and easy to watch no matter what language you speak. The only problems we had were with the rude German people that were there taking your sunbed cushions whilst you were sat near it and taking the taxi that the hotel ordered for us and not letting you in the lift if they were in it but don't let a few bad people put you off this lovely hotel. Not forgetting the spa I had a brilliant Turkish bath and massage with Deva at the beginning of the holiday my skin is so soft and I tanned a lot darker than I normally do.

If you are after a full English breakfast with burgers, chips and chicken nuggets then this is not the place for you, If you want to try some amazing Turkish food and have a lazy relaxing holiday then this hotel is perfect it's like being with friends and family the staff are that friendly, the kids can't wait to go back and neither can we.

Room Tip: most rooms have a pool and sea view we were on the 1st floor and it was quiet and the view was fanta...
3  Thank Sandra J

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We came back home just 4 days ago after a 10 days amazing stay at this hotel. every thing was excellent, amazing animation team, professional live music, clean rooms, wonderful drinks, nice staff, very good Ala Cart restaurants. the only thing that I can about this hotel that was not as excellent as the other aspects was diversity of food that was not very much.
Definitely we will back to this hotel in our next stays in Turkey.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Najmeh S
AYSEL A, Guest Relations Manager at Kaya Belek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I just checked out today after a business event. I stayed 2 nights and I had an unpleasant experience in this hotel.

Firstly, be very careful about for which hotel you do the booking. There are two hotels in the same campus. The second is, in my opinion, old and not in very good shape.

I was at the hotel at like 10pm. Receptionist said I needed to go to other hotel (around 100m away) because my booking was there. I spent some time there with my colleagues and went to check in around midnight.

I checked the room, there was no iron, no slippers in the room. Almost all of the hotels that I usually stay have these kind of basic stuff ready in the room. I called the reception and asked for an iron just to fix my shirts for next morning. There was no iron in the hotel!

And he also added he'd sent someone at 8am to pick up my shirts and they'd be ready by the evening. After some insistence, he said he'd pick them up at 8am and then deliver in 1 hour, which they did in the morning after many warnings.

The receptionist did not ask for a credit card when I checked in. Next morning, someone called me to drop by for the payment (as if I would run away without paying). I rushed for my event and came back to my room almost in the midnight and I found a note on my door telling me to drop by the reception again! It felt like hotel would just kick me out because I didn't pay on time!

Fortunately, I was at the reception that night before going to my room and paid the bill!

The invoice.... When I paid the bill, I told the receptionist to give me my invoice. He said it'd be ready next day.. I said ok and went to my room. The next morning, I packed up and left the room in the morning. I asked receptionist if I there could leave my luggage there because I'd attend the meetings and conference etc. He said there's a room next door that I could store my luggage. What I didn't understand was, I had to take my luggage there myself! No clerk was there and receptionist even didn't attempt to call someone to take my luggage to the room! I had to do it myself.

I reminded the guy that I needed my invoice before I left the hotel. He said it'd be ready afternoon.

I came back around noon time to get something from my luggage. I reminded the guy about the invoice and he said it'd be ready.

When I was done with my conference, I went back to get my luggage and invoice. Again I had to get my luggage myself and surprise! My invoice was not ready!

My transport vehicle to airport was already there and waiting for me. And my invoice was not ready. Receptionist called the accounting to get it printed. Wov! A reception that doesn't to invoicing!!! This is the first time I ever met a hotel that doesn't print invoices at the reception!

She called accounting to ask for my invoice. She said it's not ready yet and she again asked me for my address and tax info. I had already given that information like 16 hours ago. And I also had written it down on a paper and now they were not able to find the paper I gave them!

I just told them to post it to my address but do you know what will happen? They would not be able to send it because they don't know my address! And they didn't ask for my address, I also didn't tell them!! I'll see what will happen.

Additionally, the TV in the room is small/old. The room itself is old. The water in the shower heat was not stable. It became cold/hot while I was having shower and at one moment it became so hot that it burnt my leg.

Nothing fancy in the rooms. Food was average. and that's it..

I believe there are much better hotels around. I suggest you go look for them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ali G
AYSEL A, Guest Relations Manager at Kaya Belek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experiences with us during your stay at our Hotel Riu Kaya Belek. Due to improve our services, your suggestions and evaluations are very important for us.

Hotel Riu Kaya Belek

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Our group of 8 golfers (4 couples) have just returned from our 5th stay in this hotel. The fact that we have returned there so many times should indicate that we find the hotel, the food, the facilities and the vicinity to Kaya Eagles Golf club just perfect. The staff are really friendly, and the Guest Relations Manager, Rida, have made us feel welcome at every visit. I absolutely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends