I have read many of the previous reviews and agree with the majority of what has been said before.
- The food - large variety, lots of different meats, salads, vegetables, fruits, puddings.
- The service and attention from nearly all the staff - Rida (mentioned many times in the other views), the lady on roller-blades delivering drinks by the pool and the bar staff particularly.
- The room - clean, quiet, large
- The sunshine (apart from the Friday when it chucked it down with rain - can't do much about that :-))
- The beach - a little deserted when we arrived but it was the beginning of the season.
- The pool - a little chilly but really nice once you were in. The indoor pool was very nice.
- The spa - didn't try it out but it looked great.
The not so good:
- Response from reception staff - we arrived late - three groups of ladies with children all at the same time - we were not dealt with individually but as one large huddle - during this time we were not given our all inclusive wristbands, we were not given any verbal information on the hotel, mealtimes, etc, (just a printed sheet to read). There were a couple of times duing the stay when I asked questions - the staff weren't rude but they weren't overly helpful either - compared with other staff this lets the hotel down a little.
- Decor in room and hotel - a little tired in places.
- Air conditioning - not available in April - room was very warm for us so we slept with the balcony door open - however, we then got munched by the mosquitos - bit of a no win situation really!
- Mini bar - filled every day and clean but didn't really keep anything very cold.
- The gym - went one day, no air conditioning on and the temperature on the wall said 30 degrees - impossible (for me) to use at that temperature.
That said, the only one thing that really disappointed me was that on the last day it rained all day so everyone was indoors - this was not a problem, however, about 500(!) children arrived for a tennis tournament which was due to last for several days (part of the Turkish childrens festival I understand) and they ran riot! I was so glad I was going home that day!!!
All in all a very good holiday and would recommend to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The peaceful property in the heart of Belek, the most popular holiday paradise of Antalya, Hotel Riu Kaya Belek, is also tailored for the families with children. Having been totally renovated in 2006, Hotel Riu Kaya Belek is elegant, comfortable and exquisite, and will be known of its highest standards of hospitality in future just as it is known today.Starting in the year 2010, in the frame of the franchise agreement made with Riu group, it gives service under the brand Hotel Riu Kaya Belek. Hotel RIU Kaya Belek was awarded with the "Certificate of Environment-Friendly Accommodation Facility", also known as the 'Green Star' by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism for its respect and awareness towards nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Kaya Belek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belek Kaya Hotel
- Kaya Hotel Belek