“Our second visit- loved it again”

Papillon Belvil Hotel
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Belek
london
“Our second visit- loved it again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed here 2 years ago and have just returned after our second visit. Our party was 3 adults and 3 children aged 9, 7 and 4. I would 100% recommend the Belvil- it ticks so many boxes and is great value for money.
The best things about it for me were the water slides (the children up and down all day), the warm, clear pools and sea (with a new pontoon this time which was great), the wonderful range of fresh food even for a fussy vegetarian like me (the new pizza lunchtime bar another great addition), the good quality free drink including champagne, the lovely grounds and beach, the endless entertainment night and day and the fantastic staff. It was so nice to see some familiar faces like Memo, who make such an effort. There is a children's disco every night at 8.30 before the adult's show which they all love. I really enjoyed singing and dancing to the club anthem again- it's not all about the kids!
As with our first visit, we were given the option of various rooms when we arrived and we opted for a garden room again as the grounds are so nice. We didn't visit the town as not really what the holiday is about- it is so nice that you don't want to waste a day. As before, the single biggest group are Russians but there is a nice mix of British, German, French, Dutch etc as well- much better than a Brits only holiday and the guests mix well.
We had 2 birthdays during the visit and they couldn't have made more effort for us. My middle child turned 7, and was given a cake and 'happy birthday' on the stage in front of everyone, and my mother was given a discounted spa treatment.
I could go on- it's a great place and we are saving up to come back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank elise36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
teignmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed in the papillon bevil hotel for a week in the middle of June and i cant say anything bad about it. We arrived 2 hours late due to a hold up at the airport at midnight which didnt really help when u have a 8 and 3 year old asleep on you! the staff where very helpfull and had are case in the room before we got in there.The rooms where very clean and tidy but a little bit on the small side for a family of 4,beds where very comfy and clean. 1st day at the pool,we realised that there was loads germans,poles and russians there, They didnt cause us any problems throughout are stay,no pushing in or stuff like that!! the food was excellent and there was loads of different styles which will suit everyone.the bars where very clean and tidy and none of the drinks where watered down and the beer was top notch!! the whole place was so clean and tidy it has to be seen to be belived. 13 people just washing down the sunbeds at the swimming pools!! the entertainment in the day and night was brillant,the kids didnt get out of the pools! ive stayed all over the world and have never ever booked the same hotel again but i have done with this one,u cant go wrong.

1 Thank englandTeignmouth
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We came back from a week at the Papillon a couple of days ago and can honestly say it’s a fantastic hotel. We travelled with a 12 year old, 7 year old and a 19 month old and everyone had a superb time. We were all very sad to leave and will definitely be looking to return.
The choice and quality of the food is simply outstanding, the whole hotel is very clean and spotless yet you don’t have lots of cleaners and gardeners under your feet. I can only presume they are very busy during the night. Every member of staff we encountered went out of their way to ensure we weren’t left wanting anything.
The slides were a big hit with the kids and although the evening entertainment was a little repetitive you could clearly see the staff had worked very hard to put it all together so it really was appreciated. This was clearly high season with the hotel very busy yet sunbeds could still be found round the main pool anytime during the day. Sunbeds round the slide pool and baby pool were taken early though. I didn’t encounter any queues at any bar and food was easily accessible at meal times.
All in all a great hotel which I thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a fantastic place to stay in Belek.
Thank You Papillon and see you next time!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank andyc7
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Great room with wonderful view of fountains, facilities and sea. One minute walk to Pool Bar, amphitheatre, pools and further minute walk to Kids Club, football field and Blue Flag beach. Excellent amounts and variety of food, brilliant service at bars and restaurants, wonderful entertainment. The kids loved their club and all the Entertainment Team were so friendly and helpful to us all. The Guest Relations team looked after us when my partner was taken ill and the Kids Club looked after our children whilst I visited him in hospital. The kids could go where they pleased and were safe. The gardens are immaculate, with the gardeners working tirelessly all day. We even saw a few tortoises! Everywhere was kept clean and tidy. Kids said they preferred this holiday to Disneyland! We so want to go back and recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms starting 28 are very near facilities.
4 Thank suetaxperson
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I should buy a bag full of stars to give to Papillon Belvil all the stars deserved.
We booked our holiday from a Romanian agency and, in order to be sure, we sent an e-mail to the hotel to check our reservation. They responded and gave us the opportunity to choose our room. After 2 days on the road (1300 km from Romania) we arrived at Belvil around noon. Despite the fact that the booking starts at 2:00 pm, they offered us 3 rooms to choose from and in 20 minutes we were in our room in a nice and spotless bungalow.
Our luggage was carried with a golf cart and it was a good thing that the driving was pretty fast because we were in danger to develop serious neck trauma trying to look in 20 directions at the same time. The first impression about the hotel and the marvelous garden was simply amazing.
Room - not very large but more than enough space even for a family with 2 kids. All furniture is brand new after the winter renovations. There is a minibar filled daily with water, soft drinks and beer, a small LCD TV, A/C. The beds are really comfortable. There is wireless internet access free of charge which my wife hated in the first two days. After that, I forgot about checking mails and reading news... I was too busy to enjoy our holiday.
Beach - large, with small pebbles near the water. Plenty of sunbeds and you can find a place to stay without waking up at 6 in the morning to put the towels. The sea was almost warm and without waves... perfect for kids.
Swimming pools - a small one for kids, a large one and another smaller pool with slides.
Food and drinks - plenty and for every taste. Lamb, beef, chicken, fish, calamari, salads cakes, pizza, gozleme, snacks and so on. Soft and alcoholic drinks are available all day in various places around the complex.
Services - all staff is very kind and helpful and work hard all day.

Bottom line... I would recommend without hesitation this hotel to all my friends and if they don't want to come... I will force them!
Thank you Belvil for an amazing holiday!

4 Thank Razvan_Cristina
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

This is our third stay in the last year all of which were booked to enable us to play golf
From the leisurely check in procedure (enjoy a drink while all the work is done) to the variety of food this hotel is superb
It is spotlessly clean in all areas and there are more than enough sunbeds all day.
The A la Carte dining options have been improved to allow advance bookings taking away the only slight issue from last year.
If you like to BBQ your own dinner then book the Turkish restaurant.
They also have various theme nights throughout the week which offer the chance to experience different food options
The guest relations team are excellent and nothing is too much trouble.
I will certainly return

• Stayed June 2011
6 Thank Craig s
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

First of all let me say that the hotel itself was very clean, the food great and the staff couldnt do enough for you BUT first and foremost this is a young family hotel, mainly suitable for young children. The area itself is not very pretty. I dont normally write reviews but I felt I had to on this one. I love children, I have two of my own, but the beds are packed in around the pool so that you cant even get a leg between them, there are no other relaxation or quiet areas. The beach itself is not very nice, very pebbly. The resort isnt that big and although it has a nice flower area, its nothing special, and I personally dont go on holiday to walk through flower beds anyway, I can do that at a local park.

If you dont care where you are and you want a nice hotel and you dont want to venture out and you dont care about the scenery and you have young children, then I would recommend this hotel. The accommodation was the best that I have stayed in and as I say the food was good and the drinks plentiful and not watered down. The entertainment was something to be desired as it mainly caters to our overseas friends but that doesnt worry me really, apart from their manners.

I wouldnt recommend this hotel for couples that like scenery, romance or personal space.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are more convenient for facilities
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple